test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proper case for names? :/

sevoksevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Does anyone know if PW is planning to fix things so that we can have properly capitalized names for most cultures? (I..e, first character is cap?)

When I was forced to create a PW account and merge my Cryptic one, I typed "Sevok" as is proper, but their form auto-converted the "S" to lowercase and I could not circumvent that.
Post edited by sevok on

Comments

• sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sevok wrote: »
    Does anyone know if PW is planning to fix things so that we can have properly capitalized names for most cultures? (I..e, first character is cap?)

When I was forced to create a PW account and merge my Cryptic one, I typed "Sevok" as is proper, but their form auto-converted the "S" to lowercase and I could not circumvent that.

...soon (tm). :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Due to the way original PWE games handle login information, usernames and display names are stripped to lowercase.
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I do not like why they have done that.
    I'm so happy :D
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Due to the way original PWE games handle login information, usernames and display names are stripped to lowercase.

But we are not playing an original PWE game. In fact, I don't even think we use PWE login servers when we log into STO.

There has to be a way to change this for these forums. It is very unprofessional looking.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Based on past conduct, I'm going to go with "no, never, they don't care."