test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Display Name

morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
So, my PWE account from moons ago is this, Morganus Mikaru. My Crytpic account was Alastor_Forthright. Why can't I display myself as one or the other? I'd like to be Alastor_Forthright here on the forums. Its what I'm known as. It's what I use when I'm on Tribbles in Ecstasy or when I post on Holosuite Magazine, or work with Trek Radio. Why don't we have an option to pick or even change our display name?
The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
Post edited by morganusmikaru on

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in the same boat as you man. From what I can see from the changes. No use of underscores, captial letters, spaces and cannot exceed 16 characters.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I must have done something wrong... I got to keep my forum name.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • admiralhashadmiralhash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :) i feel like i may puke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I couldn't keep my old name either. Isn't it funny how there's extra incentive to purchase a life-time sub to STO now so that you don't have to read "perfect world user" under your user name any more?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I must have done something wrong... I got to keep my forum name.
    Hmm. I wonder if it has something to do with a Cryptic account name and the forum name being the same originally, and the system now trying to enforce the restriction that these two names must be separate?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well I already had a PWE account (wanted to know what I was bashing before I bashed it) so now I have that display name...

Would have been nice to choose a new one.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm. I wonder if it has something to do with a Cryptic account name and the forum name being the same originally, and the system now trying to enforce the restriction that these two names must be separate?

Nope I don't think that was it. While my OLD account/forum names were the same, I simply renamed my account name instead of my user/forum name, like the tooltips on the text edit boxes described. The only forced changes seem to be no capital letters and no "_" (which probably means no other special symbols or characters)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :) i feel like i may puke

Try it. May make the theme look better....
  • morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am really, not amused.
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am really, not amused.

That's ok. I can't read the dark text in your sig image on the dark background.
  • brandobarisethosbrandobarisethos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I created a pwe account in order to check out the Neverwinter forums. Everything was fine. When I was on the nw forums I had this name and when I logged onto the Cryptic forums it let me use my old cryptic user name PonFarr24-7. Now with the forced merge I'm stuck with the crappy nw forum name lol. If I knew ahead of time that they were going to pull this I would have used the same forum name for both. I hope they let us change our names back to the ones we were using on the cryptic forums. Maybe there is a way? Does anyone know? Or are we being punished for using both forums before the forced merge?:frown: