test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is my mail?

lancersoluruslancersolurus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I had over 1800 pieces of equipment in my email, now it's all gone. This includes everything from Boffs to irreplaceable lockbox items. How do I go about getting it back? There is no possible way I could have stored all of this stuff in the extremely limited storage we are provided. I have never been miffed at what has been done in the game but at this moment I am livid. The loss of millions of ECs worth of stuff which I can not even try to sell or discard, especially since there was no warning this would be happening. I used this storage as a way to help new players in the fleet equip up when reaching RA and VA and also to equip new bridge officer I add to my crew. Now I am left with what I had on-hand in the fleet bank, personal bank and inventory.
Post edited by lancersolurus on

Comments

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have to ask this, but have you logged on to the game to check your mail ingame? Or did you write this after seeing Private Messages: 0 on the forums?

If you have lost your mail, you have my sympathy, I'd hate that to hapen to me.:frown:
    I logged into my main and alt char and both are empty, this is in-game.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I logged into my main and alt char and both are empty, this is in-game.

Oh man that sucks.:eek:

Best bet would be to request GM help ingame by typing /help into chat then clicking the button to request GM help and submitting a ticket.
    I'm sympathetic to a point.

It's obvious that the mailbox system wasn't really intended to supplement bank and personal storage.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Finally got my stuff back...but I was in the same boat as the OP earlier...

the forum mail.. doesn't seem to be attached to the ingame mail anymore...
  • Options
    lancersoluruslancersolurus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good to hear that you got it back. Same here, I kept logging in and out and it finally showed back up. That would have been a massive loss for my char since I have been collecting stuff for the past six months, especially since I have been working lately to collect stuff for the season 6 starbase addition. Hopefully it was just a glitch or the PWE management was watching the forums for major problems and decided to fix it for all of us, who knows. I am relieved it has returned. The forum side I'm not to worried with, I will miss the notifications that I have new in-game mail, but I can live with that...
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Finally got my stuff back...but I was in the same boat as the OP earlier...

Might be helpful if you mentioned how you did it. There's a number of players complaining about this.
  • Options
    elbourtelbourt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It might be helpful if you used the mail as intended. It is not designed (although we all do it) to be used as extra bank space. I keep nothing direly important in my mail. If you have to get an extra toon slot and use them as a bank like you have to do in most other games. I have no sympathy if you lose your stuff in this manner. I am glad that you got it back, but I would be quick to move it out of there because you have just pointed out an abuse to the way the system was designed and they might remove it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are using the mail as intended, so what it may take a month or two to get out my items sen to other toons.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Where Are My Dragons?!?!
    w8xekp.jpg