test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that we forced to link accounts...

2»

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    only thing that tells me is if i want 2000 c store points i need to buy 2400 c store points ... robbbery.
    wich is quite more expensive than the 2000 virtual paid card they had for 25 usd ...

go complain about something that matters...like the cloaking bug lol.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darthorici wrote: »
    i think this game is as good as dead now.

riiiight cuz i've never herd someone say that before.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • enterpriser1701enterpriser1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what i find amusing is the fact that if from now on we are forced to buy zen points instead of cryptic points all that money used goes directly to pwe and cryptic wont see a red cent from now on, so in the end cryptic themselves will now be shafted and be forced to pay their workers from their own pockets, no more funding for cryptic by the consumer will definately hurt their hip pockets, well thought out cryptic, i guess we are seeing the end for you guys in a big way..
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i'm tellin u now PW I WILL NEVER BUY YOUR ZEN EVER and plus i'm not subin anymore no more money off me its a rip off and i'm not payin it....
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what i find amusing is the fact that if from now on we are forced to buy zen points instead of cryptic points all that money used goes directly to pwe and cryptic wont see a red cent from now on, so in the end cryptic themselves will now be shafted and be forced to pay their workers from their own pockets, no more funding for cryptic by the consumer will definately hurt their hip pockets, well thought out cryptic, i guess we are seeing the end for you guys in a big way..

Since PWE Owns cryptic.... any funding for cryptic still comes out of PWE's pockets. iuf Cryptic fails, it would be becasue PWE stopped paying the bills.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One thing I did discover was that one of them (PWE or Cryptic, can't remember which way round it was) always charged in US$ whilst the other charged in local currency.

Neither tracked the relevant exchange rates accurately meaning that it swung by about 10% week on week as to which was cheaper when paying in UK pounds.

Whoever takes it all over (PWE by the looks of things) should at the very least link their rates to the CURRENT currency value at time of purchase. . . its only bloody fair, in fact I suspect doing otherwise could be called fraud unless they have the appropriate brokerage licences etc
    edited June 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    One thing I did discover was that one of them (PWE or Cryptic, can't remember which way round it was) always charged in US$ whilst the other charged in local currency.

Neither tracked the relevant exchange rates accurately meaning that it swung by about 10% week on week as to which was cheaper when paying in UK pounds.

Whoever takes it all over (PWE by the looks of things) should at the very least link their rates to the CURRENT currency value at time of purchase. . . its only bloody fair, in fact I suspect doing otherwise could be called fraud unless they have the appropriate brokerage licences etc

thats the thing thro mate they don't i live in in the uk and we use pounds and we can ONLY buy in euros and its that that rips us off the prices they say is NOT the final price as u need to add 20% for tax
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Two points:

1. On the "no level 10 issue" - I ran into this myself, the response was to have STO running while attempting the zen to CP conversion, that way the system recognizes your L10+ toon.

2. The "basic" rate of C-points has always been $1 = 80 CP. There usually is a "bulk purchase" discount, which may have kicked in at $25 somewhere, so that $25 = 2500 CP (2000 "base", +500 for "bulk purchase"). However, those bulk rates are/were never guaranteed. A quick check of the PWE purchase page has a +300 Zen deal if you direct-buy $50 from them, which is, IMO, a measly drop in the bucket (+$3 or 240 CP)...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    starkyman wrote: »
    thats the thing thro mate they don't i live in in the uk and we use pounds and we can ONLY buy in euros and its that that rips us off the prices they say is NOT the final price as u need to add 20% for tax

Last time I brought this up tax was used as the excuse.

But to be honest I don't buy it. Having done the maths the differences are not nearly consistent enough to be explained by some flat tax rate being imposed, sometimes its almost a fair exchange.

I'm no tax expert and I don't know the laws regarding this kind of thing, however I would find it surprising if a company like PWE with many clever accountants didn't find loopholes round such things. . .
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perfectworld's ZEN and Cryptic's C-Points. See chart below.

5 ZEN = 4 C-Points
    100 ZEN = 80 C-Points

ZEN Cost
    $ 5.00 = 500 ZEN = 400 C-Points
    $10.00 = 1,000 ZEN = 800 C-Points
    $20.00 = 2,000 ZEN = 1600 C-Points
    $30.00 = 3,000 ZEN = 2400 C-Points
    $50.00 = 5,000 +300 Bonus ZEN (5300) = 4300 C-Points

Cryptic C-Points Cost
    $ 6.25 = 500 C-Points
    $12.50 = 1,000 C-Points
    $18.75 = 1,500 C-Points
    $25.00 = 2,000 C-Points
    $62.50 = 5,000 C-Points
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • atrus19atrus19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    HI

now that we been forced into this dark unholy ritual of joining accounts.

we no longer have Virtual Cryptic cards we can buy or give to friends thanks aloot please reinstate them.

we also now have to pay small amount more for the amount of dollars to get things.

ships that used to cost 25 usd now cost 33~~ give or take .......... thanks aloot!

please note its also twice as hard to buy c store points.........

Also please note my join date was not jun 2012. i been a member of cryptic before beta... thanks aloot for that too.

you cannot purchase c store points due to not haveing lvl 10 charakter while i have many level 50s...

Please sign my petition to change it all back to the way it was yesterday before the site went down!

- Demosthenes01101, from the REAL Star Trek Online forums!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

"You have been, and always shall be, my friend."
    - Pointy-eared, green blooded, hobgoblin

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    - Sherlock Holmes
    edited June 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    Last time I brought this up tax was used as the excuse.

But to be honest I don't buy it. Having done the maths the differences are not nearly consistent enough to be explained by some flat tax rate being imposed, sometimes its almost a fair exchange.

I'm no tax expert and I don't know the laws regarding this kind of thing, however I would find it surprising if a company like PWE with many clever accountants didn't find loopholes round such things. . .

nah its not fair i don't think i know its only 2 pound of something but when your out of a job that ?2 is better off feedin your kids u know.

it would not be so bad if u can buy zen with pounds and not euros.....
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    joeykoric wrote: »
    Perfectworld's ZEN and Cryptic's C-Points. See chart below.

5 ZEN = 4 C-Points
    100 ZEN = 80 C-Points

ZEN Cost
    $ 5.00 = 500 ZEN = 400 C-Points
    $10.00 = 1,000 ZEN = 800 C-Points
    $20.00 = 2,000 ZEN = 1600 C-Points
    $30.00 = 3,000 ZEN = 2400 C-Points
    $50.00 = 5,000 +300 Bonus ZEN (5300) = 4300 C-Points

Cryptic C-Points Cost
    $ 6.25 = 500 C-Points
    $12.50 = 1,000 C-Points
    $18.75 = 1,500 C-Points
    $25.00 = 2,000 C-Points
    $62.50 = 5,000 C-Points

Which is fine and dandy for you lot in the US, but Cryptic let me buy my CPoints using pounds sterling, now apparently I have to use Euros and get humped on the exchange rate and added VAT. Assuming the useless bloody thing ever lets me access the Zen system of course.

Christ, I wish I'd heard that you could keep buying CPoints the old way through Steam, now I'm stuck with my cryptic account linked to this damn PW one, and when I say linked to, I mean "completely overwritten by", since I now have to use it to access the forums, the game, the account setup options - everything.

Get it right up yae PW.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • jacktayejacktaye Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    agentexeider and darmanium, I have the same problem. I've sent a ticket to PW. Know how to buy ZEN yet? Mine still says 'no character' and 'needing level 10 character last i check. Pretty pissed off, especially since I'm trying to give them money for the Jem'hadar ship.
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Total extortion to the old school players! I am not happy about this.

I generally support Cryptic s descions no matter how much I dislike them, but this is ridiculous.

The forums are horribly designed... not easy on the eyes at all.

3rdly Fix PVP!
  • frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jacktaye wrote: »
    agentexeider and darmanium, I have the same problem. I've sent a ticket to PW. Know how to buy ZEN yet? Mine still says 'no character' and 'needing level 10 character last i check. Pretty pissed off, especially since I'm trying to give them money for the Jem'hadar ship.

I got the cpoints if you got some dilithium ...
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This thread scares me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.