test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF critting fix got un-fixed?

2»

Comments

• lucentdragonlucentdragon Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can attest to incoming damage being outrageous in elite stf's.I've only being doing end game stuff for a little while,so I don't pretend to know the in's and out's of everything as far as number crunching and what not.Regardless,below are the stats for my ships.
    I'm an engi cap btw.

Soveriegn:
    53k hull
    11.2k shields (maco mk XI+2 field gens)
    43% resist to almost all dmg types (kinetic/polaron/anti-proton 33%)
    maco mk XI res shield
    maco MK XII deflector
    Borg engine
    Borg console
    2 neutronium consoles+2 other armor/resist consoles (cant remember offhand)
    all MKXI or MKII weapons

Armitage
    43k hull
    ~8.6k Shields
    Borg 3 pc+maco shield
    all equipment is mkXI or MKXII

Now,don't get me wrong,I don't think I have the best outfitted ships around,but the amount I've been getting obliterated in under a second,or flat out one shotted,is just down right frustrating.Nothing should be killing 11.2k shields and 53K hull instantly(outside of gimmicky boss one shot super attacks that i stand in).I'm not talking special situations.I'm talking I'll just be flying along,pew pew'ing the tac cube,or donatra,or what have you...doing my tanky thing...90%+ shield,100% hull...everything is going alright...then just kaboom.friggin dead.what kind of TRIBBLE is that?

Also,I'm not really talking about heavy plasma torps.I usually see those and shoot them down.But,those are another problem in and of themselves.god forbid they catch you with a shield facing below 80% and all 6 beams miss repeatedly lol.

I mean,If there's something I should be watching for and popping a resist or something,that's fine,but 9 times out of ten there's no indication what so ever of impending doom.It's just fine...then dead,for no apparent reason.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I tried completing a Borg Foundry mission yesterday and realized the Borg have their god mode skill back.

What skill?

Assimilate Ship.

Among other things it may cause your ship to explode when it's timer runs out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    I tried completing a Borg Foundry mission yesterday and realized the Borg have their god mode skill back.

What skill?

Assimilate Ship.

Among other things it may cause your ship to explode when it's timer runs out.

I've noticed that myself,but it's easily taken care of by a click of tac team 1.The timer on it is so long tac team is always recharged for me before it runs out.And you can't miss the annoying red flashing on the screen when you are being assimilated.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tac TEam counters that? I'll have to remember that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Tac TEam counters that? I'll have to remember that.

yep,it's basically like clearing off a boarding party attack.