test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 8, 2012

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120423a.18

UPDATED to clarify Runabout pet note.

General:
  • Pressing Escape and changing maps will no longer cause the power tray to change positions.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented dragging powers to the power trays.
  • Foundry authors should get better results when setting up dialog trees with Bridge Officers, especially on the Klingon side.
  • Updated tooltips and descriptions for some carrier pets to resolve some typos.
  • Runabout carrier pet Tractor Beam performance scales with their quality level.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    General:
    • Updated tooltips and descriptions for some carrier pets to resolve some typos.

Does this mean that the Skills needed to improve Carrier pet proformance are returning to their power tooltips?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:
    • Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.

Please tell me you're joking here?

Are you serious?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:

Thanks zero, I could kiss you......:o ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:
    • Pressing Escape and changing maps will no longer cause the power tray to change positions.
    • Foundry authors should get better results when setting up dialog trees with Bridge Officers, especially on the Klingon side.
    • Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.

Seriously? It wasnt bad enough you gave pets the ability to spam tractor beam? now your making it MORE POWERFULL? Do u even consider the implications of things like this? 8 of these things throwing out tractor beams was already bad enough, but now there even better at it? Sometimes i really don't think any of you at cryptic play your own game....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    specter22 wrote:
    Seriously? It wasnt bad enough you gave pets the ability to spam tractor beam? now your making it MORE POWERFULL? Do u even consider the implications of things like this? 8 of these things throwing out tractor beams was already bad enough, but now there even better at it? Sometimes i really don't think any of you at cryptic play your own game....

I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet but couldn't that just mean they fixed it so it doesn't get spammed so much?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:

Lololololololol.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:

MK xi and MK xii armor bug fixed yet ? :( its still happening :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [*]Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.
    [/LIST]

are ****ing kidding me? We are complaing about the pets with tractor beam since the first day the went out, and now u improve them? Come to a pvp match and try to play with 5 tractors beams stacked on you all the time.

I'm really starting to belive that u guys are making fun of us...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.

Hoo.. epic Cryptic.. just epic, this just show how much you love your game.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:

you do realize that this is completely uneeded.... the runabouts are bad enough as it is now.... who thought buffing them is a good idea?

can i talk to your supervisor about how unhappy some of the player base is because of needless changes like this?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In all fairness its not Zeros fault but yeah i too am starting to think the devs are taking the pi** here :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

General:

And you guys wonder why PvP is in such a sad state in this game ....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »
    Thanks zero, I could kiss you......:o ;)

Careful I hear kissing Zero could turn you into a orion slave!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    perhaps we should see what the improvement is before forming the lynch party to hang the messenger eh?

just a thought.

if may be improved graphics. it may be improved range. it may be improvement to how it cycles its skills. we wont know until we see it in action, or a dev posts what the change actually was so let's all calm down.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have updated the patch note for the Runabout carrier pets. The existing (green/uncommon) versions were not changed at all.

Sorry for the confusion! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I have updated the patch note for the Runabout carrier pets. The existing (green/uncommon) versions were not changed at all.

Hoo.. good, what a relief. So the green/uncommon are just overpower and the blue/rare are extremely overpower.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    so this means they D store version should have had TB2 but it just had TB1. fixing this is not a good thing, this is the opposite of good.

a single runabout can stop you dead 90% as well as any player ship can, regardless of points in dampners, and you face 6 of them from 1 hanger. blow them up and the carrier just launches more with TB fresh and ready to use on you again.

whoever the carrier hates at that moment he can shutdown with tracter beams with at least 75% up time, and that's if the victim has PH and APO. a cruiser with 2 copies of faw can hold back the tide, but any ship that uses narrow arc weapons is rendered helpless and useless.

now in a 5v5 match the most you can expect of tractor beams or nearly as annoying chrono procs is 1 copy per 5 opponents. if one of those opponents is a thrice damned fed carrier with 1 bay of runabouts, you have more then doubled the amount of tractor beams and crono procs, AND phaser procs that team has. is it clear why these things are a cancer yet?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    They want the current pvpers gone thats the only thing I can think of. So sad. Such a sad state of affairs.

The only thing left to hope for is another studio to make startrek that has a larger budget and has a staff to in-game tests including pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The eternal problem is that what's good for PvE is bad for PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

The clarification just confirms what we were worried about, you're making an already OP pet worse for the pvp community.

Here's a couple of serious questions, feel free to pass it up the chain if necessary:

Who's looking out for PVP balance in STO at Cryptic?

Is it even really a concern/priority at all?

Because it honestly feels like the answer to those questions are "No-one" and "No".
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thirdup wrote: »
    The eternal problem is that what's good for PvE is bad for PvP.

The eternal problem between people who understand the game, and ppl who don't.
    What more good do u need for PvE? i can do any STF elite in a tier3 ship without any problem, space PvE is VERY easy, what else do u need?

By the other hand, this danubes are totaly game breaking for PvP, and i'm not just saying "oh this is OP", IS GAME BREAKING
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It's a money grab... buff TB = more people buying the carrier....

Even if it really isn't, I hope the Devs are aware this is how some of us feel....

It's starting to grief us in normal gameplay..... very glad I don't PvP seriously anymore...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ST.17.20120423a.18

UPDATED to clarify Runabout pet note.

General:
    • Runabout carrier pet Tractor Beam performance scales with their quality level.

looking forward to that one hitting holo asap, thats the only issue I have with the ui atm, glad to see its already fixed on tribble.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Well at least the D-store pets, the ones everybody seems to have, will be the only ones getting their already stupid powerful TB boosted.

If I didn't know any better I'd say some folks at Cryptic are just a little on the "thick" side. Either that or they're illiterate and haven't been able to read the angry posts about the existing TB's on those horrible little runabouts.

Why don't some of you Dev's come into a PvP match once and awhile and experience first hand the kind of b.s. you've been putting into this game, I'm willing to bet you find find your game fun anymore either.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ya!!!!!!!!!!!

was anoying in STF's

so you can drag Boff powers down to tray
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    TRIBBLE for tat klinks you get tachyon drones we get tractor drones deal with it
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Are you serious about the tractor beam? The pet spam in PVP is already abyoing and the worst abilities from pets are drain and hold ones. This should be reduced for PVP not increased.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    [*]Runabout carrier pet Tractor Beam performance scales with their quality level.[/LIST]

For serious? I swear, watching the systems team at work is like watching a train wreck coming together :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    TRIBBLE for tat klinks you get tachyon drones we get tractor drones deal with it

"Fun for absolutely no one" makes for a horrible game.