test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Box Bug easy Fix, Cryptic is about to change its terms / description in the FAQ

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    dstahl wrote: »
    This is an area where there was a failure on our part to provide appropriate rewards at the low end of the LOBI store. In other PW games there are similar drops of a token, but there are items that you can get with that.

That is why we are addressing the issue and will be adding more rewards to the low end of the LOBI store as early as our May 4th update so that there is an appropriate value for the money spent on the key. As stated, we do reserve the right to update the contents of the lock box at any time and we did adjust the ratio of LOBI and items in the short term so that you get a little bit of both instead of one or the other until we can get the LOBI store setup with the new items. To compensate for the players who either got a LOBI or didn't get a LOBI we are doing two specific things. 1) we are adding an in game event to get Free LOBI throughout the month of May for those who didn't get LOBI from their box. 2) We are taking one of the premier items we had planned to add to the high end of the store and we're going to make it available for minimal LOBI.

So if I understand correctly, the 1000's of lobi I earned and spent on high priced items were not premier items, and you are going to be giving away the premier items for cheap?

That does not sound right. Can you please explain?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    nearpanic wrote:
    So if I understand correctly, the 1000's of lobi I earned and spent on high priced items were not premier items, and you are going to be giving away the premier items for cheap?

That does not sound right. Can you please explain?

Right from the get go they said lobi items will be rotated throughout the course of this lockbox's life. I dont know what you bought, but if you spent 1k lobi you got a premium item.

You would have a argument if they suddenly posted the same item you bought for 1k, for lets say 50 crystals, next week.

Keep in mind that you can get this cheap unannounced "premium" item just like everyone else by replaying the re-runs and collecting lobi.

I think whatever the grand prize is for a certain lockbox (galor, D'Kora, etc...), should be obtainable with lobi. Sure it would probably be a insane amount required, but it would at least give buyers a guarentee that they get the ship if they spend 200-300 bucks on keys for example. The Probability Mechanic can be unforgiving, just ask the players gridning stf's for MACO/Honorguard gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Question I have opened 220 Rare Ferengi Lock boxes and did not get one single Gold box!!!!! am I missing something here or do the Rare boxes only give Green boxes not Gold boxes as well???
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I believe the gold boxes have been discontinued. I play every day, and the last Ferengi gold box (my 2nd ever) was pulled in mid-April.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rickpa wrote:
    I believe the gold boxes have been discontinued. I play every day, and the last Ferengi gold box (my 2nd ever) was pulled in mid-April.

Well that explains that then no more waisting my time on them then. Thanks for the answer.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well from what i have read in the forums and in the zone chat .. almost NOONE suports the idea of lockboxes.. why cryptic is still keeping this?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    lets play the game and say i believe the "FAQ were wrong" version

so now what?
    a normal strategy would be:
    - admit they have made a mistake
    - to return the KEYS to the players which opened a gold box previous to this announcement

cause we were opening gold boxes under false information?

ps - i dont really care - never seen a gold ferengi lock box apart from in exchange and stopped opening boxes a while ago

with this said, i removed my cc from the account, because i just don't like the position in which customers of this product are put into..

(till the content im waiting for is announced (RSE, PVP))
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    r9xchaos wrote:
    well from what i have read in the forums and in the zone chat .. almost NOONE suports the idea of lockboxes.. why cryptic is still keeping this?

You may not support it on the forums but apparently you're supporting it quite avidly with your wallets. If people would start showing some restraint in STO and not dropping hundreds of dollars on every new piece of shiny Cryptic dangled in front of them, this practice would go away. But many folks say one thing and do something else. It's not enough to hate lockboxes, you have to have enough willpower to not actually play them too. Opening hundreds of lockboxes for the latest shiny and then complaining about lockboxes only teaches Cryptic to ignore what you say and pay attention to what you do.

Too many people here are OCD and have to have EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW and can't deal otherwise. To those folks, I say thanks for supporting the game and putting your hard-earned cash down while I sit back and judge you. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    r9xchaos wrote:
    Because their making money off of it... Just look at all the D'Kora announcements.... Someone must be purchasing Master Keys to do this....
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Because their making money off of it... Just look at all the D'Kora announcements.... Someone must be purchasing Master Keys to do this....

I don't believe most of those announcements and I don't believe that they are making that much money from them either. Let's hope they do the right thing for those who bought believing what they read.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    400+ green and a big fat zero gold thats what i've had play 7-8 hours a day 7 days a week would be nice just 2 get a gold box.......