test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reman Prototype Space Set

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited December 2023 in Federation Discussion
Noticed today that the Reman Prototype Covariant Shield is now part of a set, just wondering if anyone has ran across the other parts yet?

They are Reman Prototype Deflector Dish and Reman Prototype Impulse Engines.

If not maybe it is something to keep an eye out for.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    what??

*goes and checks*

well it does
    reman.jpg

edit why can't i post a pic??? oh well there is the link any way
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well that was a sneaky add, dont think i saw that about before, hmmm
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I went and checked the Romulan missions but haven't found the new parts yet, will keep looking and update when I find something.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    this was probably added int he last patch because i do not remember them saying that yesterday
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It went in with today's patch, I have been using it throughout the last week, swapping between this and the Breen/Jem shields. It was not a set piece then.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Consider this a preview related to the Vault Event which will be coming very soon!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Consider this a preview related to the Vault Event which will be coming very soon!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Vault event? NEED DETAILS!
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Don't tell my wife, but I love you.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Set2: Prototype Plasma Projectile
    Enhances your High Yield Plasma Torpedoes
    • Increases Flight Speed
    • Increases Defense

:eek:

* hugs [Automated Defense Turret] tighter

And

Set 3:[Covariance Capacitance Cell]

I think we now see why the Field Generator Consoles were...adjusted.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    fuzun wrote: »
    Prototype Plasma Projectile
    Enhances your High Yield Plasma Torpedoes
    • Increases Flight Speed
    • Increases Defense

:eek:

* hugs [Automated Defense Turret] tighter

Can me and my Turret come too... Then we can hug together...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Remember some guy a couple weeks ago asking for advice about a Romulan-themed ship loadout. Bet he's gonna be thrilled.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ReginaMala wrote: »
    Remember some guy a couple weeks ago asking for advice about a Romulan-themed ship loadout. Bet he's gonna be thrilled.

Yea... So am I... I've been hoping for a completion of the set since they released the breen set.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Palek wrote: »
    Noticed today that the Reman Prototype Covariant Shield is now part of a set, just wondering if anyone has ran across the other parts yet?

They are Reman Prototype Deflector Dish and Reman Prototype Impulse Engines.

If not maybe it is something to keep an eye out for.

I'm sure the other parts will show up in the Lobi shop soon enough.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    With the addition of 2 new set pieces to the "Reman" set, I hope they update the Reman shield to match. Even at Vice Admiral, the best version of the shield via replay, is a Mk XI "Blue". Would hope to see the new pieces AND the shield, as Mk XI "Purple" to be on par with other endgame sets.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the clarification! The shield has been my favorite so far, and cannot wait to be able to complete this set.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It's nice that the set is being rounded off and finished, but Borticus, have you at all considered just how flawed this set is when MACO, Omega and Honour Guard shields (with massive plasma resistances...) are ruling the roost?

Perhaps the 2-piece set Bonus should be an increase to all High Yield torpedoes, because right now this set isn't doing anyone any favours.

...And don't even think about nerfing the STF sets. It's bad enough we have to do 300 Elite runs to have even a sniff of getting the MkXIIs without your balance shenanigans. :p

(I love you anyway.)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

woohoo.

thanks. im glad this shield is getting some friends to play with.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Cryptic is definitely up to something... new Reman set... a new Romulan ship also appeared in the Romulan front missions lately (some patch notes said it won't show up anymore "for now...")

The new KDF standalone episode Alpha also takes place in Romulan space... I think the Romulans were insulted when they weren't called to participate in the anti-Borg convention on DS9 [Second Wave]. Or maybe Starfleet Intelligence knows something we don't. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to... *goes to check tweeter for early tweet-leaks* :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I just had a horrible vision of us having to use shuttles against those D'Deridex Defenders that slipped in a few patches ago
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Yes, I saw it on STO'ked last week. When ever you shoot down a heavy plasma torpedo in space or kill a bad guy on the ground, a Reman Lock Box will be available that can give one of the three items in the set, or a Tribble(stah).... :D

Just kidding
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I love it when stuff leaks accidentally... I bet those "additions" weren't supposed to be there yet.....

So how many of you went Oh $#!% as this thread circulated the office at Cryptic?

*Inserts video of Data from TNG:Generations....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well, that is interesting, I hope for it to be on par with other sets also. I know I saw it without those new lines a day or so ago. I wonder if that will also lead to the Reman Boff returned but in the same context as the Jem'Hadar?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm, another set to complete. For the Reman, I would do this.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

to Quote Commander Kruge, "speak", hope it's worth while. even though the shield alone is a Covariant X2 Cap.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ElZombie wrote:
    Don't tell my wife, but I love you.

Same with my man, you're awesome, unless you're no longer thinking/working on the crafting system.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sounds like we're only going to be able to get them by doing a Team Mission... (several times?)

Ah well..., I'll jest have ta come out from under my bridge, I guess.

<grumble>
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Oh really? Interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Koppenflak wrote:
    It's nice that the set is being rounded off and finished, but Borticus, have you at all considered just how flawed this set is when MACO, Omega and Honour Guard shields (with massive plasma resistances...) are ruling the roost?

Perhaps the 2-piece set Bonus should be an increase to all High Yield torpedoes, because right now this set isn't doing anyone any favours.

...And don't even think about nerfing the STF sets. It's bad enough we have to do 300 Elite runs to have even a sniff of getting the MkXIIs without your balance shenanigans. :p

(I love you anyway.)

Fair point. Bumping all high yield torpedoes would be an interesting bonus.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just had a horrible vision of us having to use shuttles against those D'Deridex Defenders that slipped in a few patches ago

Yeah, those defender's were rather scary in a big ship.
This discussion has been closed.