test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 26, 2012

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120326a.0

General:
  • Added many new French and German translations.
  • Updated the appearance for all loot drops.
    • The containers will now indicate rarity.
    • Also, they look really awesome.
  • Lowered the Energy Credit costs for tailoring for players, Bridge Officers, and ships.
  • Character creation will no longer fail when creating a character with a formal name that’s 20 characters long.

Duty Officers:
  • Improved ship interior Duty Officer contact static assignment button behavior.
    • They should grey out now only when the assignment has started or is on cooldown.
  • Added buttons to Duty Officer interface under Department Heads that allow access to your own ship interior non-static assignments.
    • Note you will still need to go to your ship interior to do static assignments, such as making hypos, assembling consoles or turrets, or to invite friends to use your ship interior non-static assignments.
  • Cleaned up some text on some of the ship interior Duty Officer contacts.
  • Increased cooldowns on some sector Duty Officer recruitment assignments.
  • Reduced effectiveness of Shield Distribution Duty Officer active roster power shield heal by 25%.
  • Fixed some incorrect commendation experience rewards for "Provide Support" assignments in the DS9 region.

Missions:
  • Mining event updates:
    • You can now accept the mission directly from Isihl if you hail her from the event or the journal.
    • Also added Isihl to the interior of the airlock
    • Mission explainer on Isihl now tells you that you don't need a mining laser, that we do that for you automatically.
    • Added a practice minigame to the console by the Dilithium in the airlock.
    • Added minimum level info to mission, contact, and both event texts.
    • Added transwarp locations to asteroid mining mission.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented KDF characters from getting credit for mining some of the Dilithium locations.
    • The entrance to the mining location will now have only one button to enter.
    • Updated text to specify that the mission is once per day.
  • Updated "Boldly They Rode"
    • The mission should function with the new EV suits.
    • Tweaked how Jem'hadar ships target in final battle; they are now less likely to target players unless player attacks first.
    • Made shrouded Jem'hadar in Promenade all Ensign groups, instead of 2 Ensigns and 1 Lieutenant.
    • Corpses are now properly affected by Zero G.
  • The Borg Invasion of Defera has been updated.
    • There are a bunch of random new missions all over; it’s like hide and seek.
    • More info on this to follow.
    • This event will be active 24/7 temporarily to aid in testing.

Systems:
  • Space pet AI updates:
    • Pets that are following will now fly in formation.
    • Pets on attack mode will move into a wedge formation in front of the player until an enemy target is found.
    • Updated text descriptions of the carrier command powers so that they explain about the toggle functionality.
  • Updated Bird-of-Prey carrier AI so that Birds-of-Prey retreating under cloak will move at maximum throttle.
  • Hazard Emitters will now properly cleanse Hazard debuffs over the power's full duration, every .5 seconds
  • Theta Radiation clouds no longer stack their debuffs on targets unfortunate enough to get caught inside
  • Performed a balance pass on the following Space STF enemies:
    • Borg Cube, Borg Tactical Cube, Vila Battleship, Tethys Dreadnought, and all unique versions of these same critters.
      • Reduced their innate damage bonuses:
        • This will reduce their base damage by approximately 10% across the board.
        • This has a more obvious impact on high-damage abilities, like High Yield Plasma, and should not reflect much of a difference for their standard weaponry since they already possess a 10%-20% variance.
      • These ships no longer have the ability to Critically Hit:
        • This will keep these critters deadly, while removing many of the "one shot = one kill" abilities that have been reported.
    • Engineering Support Drone:
      • Resolved an issue that caused its Perception Bonus to not be properly applied.
      • Should now affect the entire team while the Drone is active.
  • Updated Beam - Fire at Will:
    • All ranks of this power should now be capable of missing their target, rather than having an artificial 100% accuracy.
    • The accuracy of this power should now properly inherit the modifiers of the user and target.
  • Updated Space Klingon Honor Guard - Two Piece Set Bonus
    • Doubled the magnitude of the Crew-based skill boosts.
  • Separated saucers should not constantly try to move around behind if the owner is rotating in place.
  • Field Generator Console mods can now be stacked.
    • As such their effectiveness has been reduced.
  • Mine and Torpedo Tactical Console mods have been fixed so they only affect Mines or Torpedoes.
    • They will no longer affect other abilities that happen to do Kinetic damage.

UI:
  • Changed the label of the button to access the department's assignments not say "Speak" but instead "Assignments".
  • It’s now possible to scroll through characters on the Character Select screen using the up and down arrow keys.
  • Resolved an issue that caused players to not have a team indicator on the mission tracker while in a PvP map.
  • Bridge Officers should always display the correct class icons in the Choose Your Away Team window.
  • The Request Reinforcements button will now only display when it’s a valid option for the player.
  • When discarding items with 0 value, the confirmation window will no longer report that the player will receive energy credits.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent item comparison tooltips from working correctly in space.
  • Rapidly clicking on the secondary attack as it exits cooldown will no longer cause the attack to misfire.
  • Polarize Hull will now display consistent stats in the skill information and power tray tooltip.

Known Issues:
  • It’s not possible to exit a PvE Queue map without successfully completing the mission.
    • This has already been addressed, but the resolution isn't yet in a build--it should make it to Tribble soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    This is TRIBBLE....nerf a useful console into uselessness unless you stack them!!! TRIBBLE. Make them not stackable and keep them where they were!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can we get some screenshots of the new loot containers? There's a pretty good chance some testers might not see a Very Rare or even Rare drop while testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    This is TRIBBLE....nerf a useful console into uselessness unless you stack them!!! TRIBBLE. Make them not stackable and keep them where they were!

yep full consent :(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    • Updated the appearance for all loot drops.
      • The containers will now indicate rarity.
      • Also, they look really awesome.
    Where the Ground containers changed much? Because each was very different from the other. its the Space containers that don't look very different.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't mind the console change, personally. Adds more flexibility imo.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So the one-shot plasma torps are getting a nerf. Now I'll miss the days that I poped a deuterium surplus or evasive maneuvers every time I saw a torp.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Field Generator Console mods can now be stacked.
    As such their effectiveness has been reduced....

Please change them back to the way they were before...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    oh no!

i just spent 91,000 energy credits to change my ship outfit :'(

at least i will be able to change it more often now!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    is there a fix for the ready room door on the odyssey bridge in the works?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zero im not impressed, why do people who only use 1 shield console get punished ? i think rather than nerfing them (because clearly the team dont know how they broke them to begin with) you should put them back to eng consoles or have the team make an effort to fix them. Nerfing them seems lazy of the team and unfair dont you think ? :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Console space is at a premium and using more than one is stupid even before this change.... dont punish the rest of to make them stackable for people who want to make stupid builds.

Put them back to they way they were and make them not stackable.

I forsee/hope for massive outrage.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    General Torp and Mine units need too be redueced too ONE unit.

They are pointless. They should be replaced with ONE unit that boosts Kinetic Dmg as they do now. Really if you mix torpedo units too boost multiple torp types you are handicaping yourself. The only saving grace has been that the same unit would boost kinetic sci skills.

This change is the nail in the sci ship coffin. Really there is no good reason too have a sci ship anymore. There control abilities are terrible... shield stripping is resisted. (and I believe your intentions are too increase those resistance skills). Building Sci Torp boats was the only really semi useful role for the sci ship... now mines will not benefit. (they where semi useful dmg wise with a couple +kinetic units).

This is not a change in the right direction. I understand they where not working properly that was obvious when they both performed the same way. However I really suggest you consider removing one from game (No one is going to miss the mine unit NO one uses them) Leave the warhead as it is now delete the Geo Thingy and everything is just fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wait, how much of a nerf for the field generator? I only ever used one because, hey, it didn't stack, and I needed the slots for other stuff too... Would you consider making it diminishing returns instead so those of us that only ever use one aren't punished?

Meaning, the first one still gives +35 percent, and after that, it's subject to diminishing returns?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    im looking forward to equipping the stupid things for good after this
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Uhm, Madam Zero, is it necessary for a change of that nature, for those who only use 1 console?

Like me...?
    biglcny wrote: »
    Console space is at a premium and using more than one is stupid even before this change.... dont punish the rest of to make them stackable for people who want to make stupid builds.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    As such their effectiveness has been reduced.

What are the new Stats for a single console

Booooo! :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Spotting in the Exchange yesterday, at +40%, several Million ECs
    MightionNY wrote: »
    Wait, how much of a nerf for the field generator? I only ever used one because, hey, it didn't stack, and I needed the slots for other stuff too... Would you consider making it diminishing returns instead so those of us that only ever use one aren't punished?

Meaning, the first one still gives +35 percent, and after that, it's subject to diminishing returns?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    That's a welcoming change. The shield 35% was never meant to be so much in the beginning, right? Then stacking it it's purely insane! I'm fine with doing all those funky things for pve, but for pvp it's just promoting imbalance.

But I have to say that this:
    As such their effectiveness has been reduced.

Keeps the secrecy in place. Why would we care to know what "reduced" means. Please don't tell us, we'd like to figure it on our own.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Great changes, Thanks Cryptic :p
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm pretty excited about a few of the changes here (the fix for FAW and Theta especially).

I don't really care about the 35% shield console (it could be removed entirely and I'd wouldn't mind) but I suspect this blatant nerf isn't going to go over well. I realize you guys wanted to make things more intuitive but keeping it unique or even giving them diminishing returns might have been better for keeping the peace.

The Shield Distribution Doff change is a nice surprise. Short of making it unique (like the Astrometrics Doff) this is a baby step in the right direction and that it's a relatively minor adjustment still keeps it as a great Doff.

Hazard Emitters continuing to clear as it heals is another great fix, that's one of the biggest issues with Theta and Warp Plasma. I hope that we can look forward to more adjustments in the event that the fix to Hazards, combined with the fix to Theta, hurts Theta too much.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    you would think such great changes to FAW, Hazard Emitters,Theta and plasma would be the biggest news, but the field generators gets the all the headlines again!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    biglcny wrote: »

QFT right here. But im curious though, why so this when there have been SOOO many new consoles added to the game?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It looks like they cut the effectiveness of the Field Generator Consoles in half basically. A Mk XI blue Field Generator Console gives +18% shields now. I am not a fan of this change at all. Why not change the consoles back to their original percentages and apply a diminishing returns formula if you use more than one if you absolutely have to reduce the shield benefits? As it is you have to use two consoles to get the same benefit you used to get with one console.

Personally I didn't see a problem with allowing the stacking at the original percent numbers anyway as you gave up other consoles by doing that. Even stacking nothing but Field Generator Consoles would only buy you a few more seconds of intact shields with current damage output numbers.

Another way to fix this questionable change would be to give all ships an additional free science console slot or increase base shield capacity on all shields to offset the percentage loss, but we all know that is highly unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I just logged into Tribble. My one and only field generator went from 35 percent to 18 percent. This cost my Tactical Odyssey running Aegis shields from 13,866 to 12,492. Which comes out to a loss of close to ten percent, for what it's worth.

:/
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I seldom bother to comment on Release Notes, but this is just silly. Why nerf Field Generator consoles? This should either be reverted to one per ship or, at the very least, changed so that Field Generators exist in game before Mk XI so players can learn to use, and stack, them earlier than RA.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wow, just wow. I can't even begin to tell you how mad I am about this massive slap in the face. Don't let the Generator be stackable and leave it as is. :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think the best fix for the Shield units is too just delete them. Seriously there crutch anyway. Just remove the stupid things, they should have never existed too begin with. If you can't balance damage numbers properly with everyone having an "intended" shield factor on there ships your just plain bad at what you do. I don't believe that's the case, so delete them and buff or nerf numbers as needed after it shakes out. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    How is cryptic supposed to sell us new C Store ships if we don't have space on our VA ships for the consoles they come with?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ouch...!!!!
    MightionNY wrote: »
    I just logged into Tribble. My one and only field generator went from 35 percent to 18 percent. This cost my Tactical Odyssey running Aegis shields from 13,866 to 12,492. Which comes out to a loss of close to ten percent, for what it's worth.

:/