test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher, "Star Trek TNG") Has Installed STO! :-)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No one respects the Wheaton :(

I liked his character fine. At the time, he was a few years older than me and I thought he was cool.
    <-- total loser

But after TNG, I was expecting him to show up again. After he left with the Traveler, I sort of expected him to pop up in the other series. It would've been fun to see him on Voyager, for example. He could've shown up, shot Neelix, then left to collect a bounty. Many fans would've praised him and forgiven him for all prior annoyances instantly. :p

Instead though, it seems Wheaton went with "I'm ashamed of my past because people criticized my character." He still plays nerdy rolls all the time with overwhelming arrogance, but not the *one* roll that made him famous. That all makes me sad.

Plus he started a facebook account like a week ago. His first posts were all about how much he hated facebook. Instant unsubscribe for me. I'm mad at him. I won't talk to him until he apologizes. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    He is waaaay late to the party - Pfffft.

I hear Patrick Stewart has been playing since launch and has a LTS ;)

yeah sure. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    hort_wort wrote: »
    I liked his character fine. At the time, he was a few years older than me and I thought he was cool.
    <-- total loser

But after TNG, I was expecting him to show up again. After he left with the Traveler, I sort of expected him to pop up in the other series. It would've been fun to see him on Voyager, for example. He could've shown up, shot Neelix, then left to collect a bounty. Many fans would've praised him and forgiven him for all prior annoyances instantly. :p

Instead though, it seems Wheaton went with "I'm ashamed of my past because people criticized my character." He still plays nerdy rolls all the time with overwhelming arrogance, but not the *one* roll that made him famous. That all makes me sad.

Plus he started a facebook account like a week ago. His first posts were all about how much he hated facebook. Instant unsubscribe for me. I'm mad at him. I won't talk to him until he apologizes. :rolleyes:

Well if you counted the deleted scene from Nemesis, Wesley had returned and was at the wedding.

Hmm I don't blame him about the FB comments, I think FB should only exist for businesses only really, overall I hate its existance. But I meant Wheaton in RL face-to-face is fun to be around. I hope he goes to the TNG 25th Anv convention this year. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TOSLover wrote:
    That's right, guys...I found out through Wil's tumblr account that he's installed STO and he's playing a character by the name of "Sparks McGee". :)

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19628664206/im-installing-star-trek-online

"For the sole purpose of seeing if “Sparks McGee” is already taken. For if it is not, I am going to make the man described as “Wesley Crusher, in a cowboy hat and muscle car. He also kills people.” That was a quote from me, five minutes ago. If it is…well…I’ve got ten gigs of a game I’m never going to play. At least it’s on Steam.

EDIT: It worked. Now I’m killing people with phaser rifles like…well, like Sparks would."

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is awesome news! Especially since Wil is such a huge gamer! :D

So if you guys run into Sparks McGee in the game, treat him right! :cool:

Hello there this is Ericis it possible that i could get me hes ingame full name and hes handle name please.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well if you counted the deleted scene from Nemesis, Wesley had returned and was at the wedding.

I totally missed that! Argh. So many deleted scenes that shouldn't have been....

Anyway, I feel like a jerk now. I just had that rant about him and he just shared a picture that EJ's sister drew. (EJ used to be a regular in these forums.)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TOSLover wrote:
    That's right, guys...I found out through Wil's tumblr account that he's installed STO and he's playing a character by the name of "Sparks McGee". :)

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19628664206/im-installing-star-trek-online

Except that's not Wil. Wil quoted that from some guy named Draxion, who... according to his bio:
    I'm a writer, aspiring cosplayer, aspiring artist, bibliophibian, and teenage geek.

Wil's actual statement (under the quoted text describing Draxion's installation of STO and creation of Sparks McGee" was:
    Screen shots of GTFO.

From which I think he actually means "Screen shots or GTFO".
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hort_Wort if Wil Wheaton does persuade Felicia Day to join STO your PM and Messages wont get through you'll get a "comm channel at maximum capacity" error cos ill be blowing up her in box

(wow that sounds really dirty now i read it back... but im not going to change it.... draw your own conclusions as to why!)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Angelus214 wrote: »
    Hort_Wort if Wil Wheaton does persuade Felicia Day to join STO your PM and Messages wont get through you'll get a "comm channel at maximum capacity" error cos ill be blowing up her in box

Heh, I'd be too nervous to write her anyway. I break out in a sweat any time I talk to a girl my age. :o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    :D

him being in the movie was not a deleted scene
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    If any famous people involved with creating the 'real' Star Trek were to play STO, announcing their presence and true identity would be the worst ever thing to do.

I know some fantasy and comics writers who did.

I don't think it's a secret that Mercedes Lackey and Gail Simone both played at launch, as did a number of comic book people. (Gail was more obvious about it but Mercedes was a longtime Cryptic fan.)

The game, at launch, wasn't really to either of their liking and I don't think they've come back.

I was in Gail's guild in City of Heroes, along with Misty, Howard Porter, Mark Waid, and a few others. We had a "blink and you'd miss it" rivalry with Geoff Johns, who was in the Marvel comics supergroup.

I did talk briefly with Peter David about STO back at launch. He was intrigued by the use of Mackenzie Calhoun and said he planned to write a blog piece about it but never did.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zeuxidemus wrote:
    Odds are most of these celebrities famous to not so famous... They have better things to do than sit around tweeting, IM"ing, tumbling or whatever... Its probally some 12 year old wanting to see some nerd rage when they figure out its not really him...

Next thing you know everyone is going to ask him to have him make a video of him picking up the newspaper to prove his identity... ROFL

Twitter is different, mainly because it's quick and easy and can be done on the go.

If congressmen can tweet in the middle of speeches then, yes, I think most celebrity tweets are from real celebs.

There are only a handful of celebrity twitter accounts I think are run by interns.

Now... You know who's opnion I would like on STO? Aaron Eisenberg aka Nog. He's a fulltime MMO gaming podcaster last I heard.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Shaddam wrote:

His dialogue explaining it was. And I suspect that's because a TON of people cameoed. His scene was supposed to be about him asking Ashley Judd out but she was one of the people who couldn't make filming and the replacement they got for her didn't have the same impact in that scene.

Wesley did pop up in a live Trek event as the Chief Engineer of the Titan.

In general, the film folks and producers seemed to support the idea that a more mature Wesley was back in Starfleet while the references in the books all dumped on that idea and made it a big joke about Wesley showing up to the wedding naked and putting on someone else's clothes.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Shaddam wrote:

Yeah it was, looked at the deleted scenes section again. He was talking to Picard.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah it was, looked at the deleted scenes section again. He was talking to Picard.

he also seen in the movie only he dont talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz_5zDqIho

btw the first part is not deleted scenes
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Shaddam wrote:
    he also seen in the movie only he dont talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz_5zDqIho

btw the first part is not deleted scenes

Wow I keep forgetting that seeing that he's pretty much on the edge of the table haha...too bad they never kept the quick "Good to see you in uniform again" scene.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sweet......... I can't wait to run into him and tell him ..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlc_YnCoSp0&feature=related