test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play time hours

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Steam tries to keep track of how many hours I've played games but I've been very suspicious of it. Does anyone know if it's completely accurate or if there is a counter in the game itself? Steam couldn't know if I run it on one machine but not another, that's a given.

Many thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    dont know if it counts F2P time, but STO does keep track of number of days... just multiply by 24

if you are talking about actual in game time playing... got no idea
    edited March 2012
    If you want to see how long you have actually played on a character, in-game, in the chat bar, you can type /played -- this actually shows the total time you have played with that character, not how long the character has been created.

Here is my main's time played: Brandon has been on active duty for 52 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes, 55 seconds.

Add up all of your characters and you should have your total time :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

EDIT: LOL! That's over 1,258 hours I've played on that character... and I have 4 :eek:
    edited March 2012
    My main has been on active duty for about 110 days.
    edited March 2012
    105 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes, 5 seconds

Not bad :)
    edited March 2012
    105 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes, 5 seconds

Not bad :)

dude, we need to get out more :)

Jorlani has been on active duty for 75 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes, 51 seconds.
    Yalara has been on active duty for 10 days, 17 hours, 19 minutes, 12 seconds.
    Calandra has been on active duty for 9 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes, 27 seconds.
    Karilia has been on active duty for 7 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes, 36 seconds.

104 days +
    All Va's
    edited March 2012
    Well... these numbers are a month old... but when I add up my 10 toons I have...

139 days 6 hours 31 minutes (3342 hours!)

so it should be somewhere in the 140s now.
  • trekjocktrekjock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been playing for weeks, just reaching level 49 but it says I've only been playing for 4 days?
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the Necromancer Sauron is about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    trekjock wrote: »
    I've been playing for weeks, just reaching level 49 but it says I've only been playing for 4 days?

You played 24 hours every day with that character? if not, then you have your answer. If i created my character 1 month ago, that doesnt mean i played for 1 month, because i log-in with my char, i play for 1 hour and i log-out to play with other char. And thats all, i usually play about 1-2 hours max with every character.

2 hours of "real" play x 7 days a week x 4 weeks = 56 hours of real play with that character.

So, 4 days of real play will be 96 hours, thats a lot ^^, actually :)
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You played 24 hours every day with that character? if not, then you have your answer. If i created my character 1 month ago, that doesnt mean i played for 1 month, because i log-in with my char, i play for 1 hour and i log-out to play with other char. And thats all, i usually play about 1-2 hours max with every character.

2 hours of "real" play x 7 days a week x 4 weeks = 56 hours of real play with that character.

So, 4 days of real play will be 96 hours, thats a lot ^^, actually :)

seeing you is a math wiz and i mean that in a good way what would 380 days translate to what i had loged in wow on one toon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded too in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.