What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2800 Season Finale Special Reward

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Someone said "Why would it be Cardassian, that isn't what this series is about", but the whole thing has been DS9 themed, and the DOff's in the C-store DS9 pack are Cardi's.

DS9 the show had a lot of Cardassians, and the DS9 pack on the C-store was DS9 themed...

... but this particular FE series does not deal with any Cardassian NPCs at all (not yet anyway). It's all about the Jem'hadar, and the Gamma Quadrant Dominion (so it excludes possible present or past Dominion members such as the Breen or the Cardassians).

It would kind of be like... well, the Breen FE series giving a Vorta Boff. Sure, they were on screen simultaneously a lot of the time on the show, but they had no part in the Breen FE series.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    A Vorta engineer with a Jem'Hedar mini pet - somewhere around the lines of an Aenar projection :D

- In all honesty / seeing the third installment of the FE offer both the Jemy Deflectors and engines - I am seriously hoping for a end reward BUG.

- I mean the grab bag event is over with - might as well offer a ship as a end game (FE) reward.

Doing so would be the first in any FE series - I am hoping for that reward (one per character)

Breen FE Reward - Breen Tacical BO

Devidian FE Reward - Devidian Cane

Reman FE Reward - Reman BO

2800 FE Reward - Jem Hedar Attack Fighter :D:D plz let it be so.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It's going to be a Jem'hadar. The really interesting question is how they are going to justify it. Both, the Breen and the Reman had reasons that were shown in the episodes. We are already at 3 and still haven't seen the Jem'hadar as anything but killing machines.... Well, on the other hand I already have two Jem'hadar doffs, they didn't give me any reason either.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    K-Tar wrote:
    It's going to be a Jem'hadar. The really interesting question is how they are going to justify it. Both, the Breen and the Reman had reasons that were shown in the episodes. We are already at 3 and still haven't seen the Jem'hadar as anything but killing machines.... Well, on the other hand I already have two Jem'hadar doffs, they didn't give me any reason either.:D

Sucks if its a Jem Hedar Sci or eng

Jem'Hedar are just ruthless in nature and are bred as Biological War Machines

Though I rather have a Vorta BO or a Cardassian Engineer

(Plz no BOFF - not many folks use the DOFF system - if there is one, let be optional)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Maybe a holographic Jem'Hadar boff. But then, ketracel consumable drops don't make much sense...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    Sucks if its a Jem Hedar Sci or eng

Jem'Hedar are just ruthless in nature and are bred as Biological War Machines

While I would agree that the Vorta are responsible for the subnucleonic beams the Jem'hadar vessels use I have to protest your notion that science or engineering officers aren't ruthless. I have one engineering officer who uses a combination of exothermic induction field and electro-gravitic field to ignite enemies and keep them from running out of the fire and also constantly poisons them with hyperonic radiation. One of my engineers lays chroniton minefields and lures enemies into them and then detonates a transphasic bomb when they are slowed down. The worst my tacticals can do is tossing plasma grenades.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Let's face it, it will be a Jem Tac Officer.
    I have enough BOFFs like most of us. I could create two fleets just with BOFFs but we will get another one for sure!
    Although I would love to have a reward that grants you an ability like calling in a group of NPC Jem'Hadar to fight your Enemys on the ground or some Bug Ships to support you in Space.
    That would be useful and cool!
    But make room for another BOFF that no one will use.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I actually want a Jem'Hadar Tactical BOff but there are no clues in the episodes yet that point to that being the reward. In both the Breen and Romulan series there was a befriending that took place which was a good indicator of what it would be.

In The 2800, I'm sure the Vorta will not keep his "promise" and we'll have to take DS9 back by force. I see no indications of rebel Jem'Hadar or Vorta that would want to join your crew in the end.

So whoever does not want another BO I think there's still a good chance that will not be the reward. Sad tho, coz me wantz :(
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    A Vorta engineer with a Jem'Hedar mini pet - somewhere around the lines of an Aenar projection :D

- In all honesty / seeing the third installment of the FE offer both the Jemy Deflectors and engines - I am seriously hoping for a end reward BUG.

- I mean the grab bag event is over with - might as well offer a ship as a end game (FE) reward.

Doing so would be the first in any FE series - I am hoping for that reward (one per character)

Breen FE Reward - Breen Tacical BO

Devidian FE Reward - Devidian Cane

Reman FE Reward - Reman BO

That's not impossible, because it would still be distributing the ship to a limited amount of players, for a limited time.

But I think it would inrage those who spent so much money on the grab bags, and seeing as they're becoming the primary source of revenue for the game, that probably wouldn't be a good idea. People will stop paying money once they realise they can wait and get the ships for free a little later.

I'd be pretty happy if it does happen though :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    K-Tar wrote:

It shouldn't take much if we have a Founder on our side and grateful to us.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It shouldn't take much if we have a Founder on our side and grateful to us.

You mean the one who ordered the extermination of all Cardassians and was locked up for the what, the last 30 years? I'm sure she will be ecstatic to see us.:D I would assume (yeah, I know what can happen when I do that) that because of her the training in episode 2 how to properly fight changelings will pay off.:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Strorus wrote:
    If the End of Season reward is going to be a BO, what would you like... There is soo many it could be from this series...

Vorta; Jem'Hadar; Caradassian; or a Changling.

Which one would you want and what career, Tac, Sci or Eng? :)

I really don't want another BO. But /sigh, this game is what it is.

I think the one thing people would MOST want out of a new BO is to have it be able to be given a uniform in the tailor. There is a growing pile of complaints concerning how with all the special BOs, peoples' bridge officer crews look inconsistent and nothing like a starfleet senior staff because none of the special officers are customizable at all.

And here's the real kick in the family jewels ... imagine IF they give you a Changeling BO. BUT ... that BO isn't customizable at all, like the Breen BO. How totally messed up would that be?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:

QFT!

+1

Make it so, Cryptic! Engage this idea at maximum warp!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Since the quality of Boffs is all but unimportant, I'd rather have some really high quality Doffs. Here's what I'd like to see as mission reward choices:

You will receive:

Very Rare Jem Hadar Bridge Officer candidate (tac/eng) - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Rare Infant Changeling pet. - This non-combat pet randomly forms basic shapes as it follows you around.*

*Shapes include: Spot, Data's cat; Benjamin Sisko's famous baseball; an Omega particle, a mini crystalline entity, a mini world destroyer (complete with mini death ray animation); a Targ; a giant tribble, a mini Gomtuu, Captain Archer's prize winning Beagle, etc, etc.

Plus your choice of:

Very Rare Changeling Security Officer - Ground - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Very Rare Jem Hadar Projectile Weapons Officer - Space - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Very Rare Vorta Conn Officer - Space - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Random Uncommon/Rare Dominion Duty Officer Candidate (1 in 5 chance of being the Rare).

This will finally give people doing the story missions a chance to get a couple of purple doffs early in the game. The only value in repeating this quest more than 5 times is the chance of a blue Dominion Doff.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    K-Tar wrote:
    You mean the one who ordered the extermination of all Cardassians and was locked up for the what, the last 30 years? I'm sure she will be ecstatic to see us.:D I would assume (yeah, I know what can happen when I do that) that because of her the training in episode 2 how to properly fight changelings will pay off.:cool:

I suspect we'll end up having to do her a favor or two to get her cooperation... or we'll be forced to somehow break a few key Dominion personnel of their Founder worship in the final part.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    aashenfox wrote:
    Since the quality of Boffs is all but unimportant, I'd rather have some really high quality Doffs. Here's what I'd like to see as mission reward choices:

You will receive:

Very Rare Jem Hadar Bridge Officer candidate (tac/eng) - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Rare Infant Changeling pet. - This non-combat pet randomly forms basic shapes as it follows you around.

Plus your choice of:

Very Rare Changeling Security Officer - Ground - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Very Rare Jem Hadar Projectile Weapons Officer - Space - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Very Rare Vorta Conn Officer - Space - This reward can only be awarded once per character.
    Random Uncommon/Rare Dominion Duty Officer Candidate (1 in 5 chance of being the Rare).

This will finally give people doing the story missions a chance to get a couple of purple doffs early in the game. The only value in repeating this quest more than 5 times is the chance of a blue Dominion Doff.

See, they are working on category uniqueness. Which means the final part could be a choice between Jem'Hadar, Changeling, and Vorta... with only ONE claimable per character.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    See, they are working on category uniqueness. Which means the final part could be a choice between Jem'Hadar, Changeling, and Vorta... with only ONE claimable per character.

OK, I wouldn't mind if you could only get one of the purple doffs, three may be a bit excessive.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The Jem Hadar had more than one kind of vessel you know. We could even have a possibility of an Attack Cruiser, or Battleship.. Makes sense with he 4th ability, because i dont see a game adding a starship abilities for a ship that is no longer "obtainable" , and adding all that JUST for the people that have the Bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm not saying that the people guessing it will be a Jem'hadar are wrong, however basing it based on the ketracel white drops is flawed reasoning. The white is also used for breeding tribbles and might have nothing to do w/ anything else. Adding an item description to it might just simply be a good eye for detail on the team's part.

Personally I'm hoping for a changeling :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wilv wrote: »
    I'm not saying that the people guessing it will be a Jem'hadar are wrong, however basing it based on the ketracel white drops is flawed reasoning. The white is also used for breeding tribbles and might have nothing to do w/ anything else. Adding an item description to it might just simply be a good eye for detail on the team's part.

Personally I'm hoping for a changeling :D

Your position is polarly opposed to the one you are trying to disprove. It would be equal folly to assume that since the Ketracell provides a bonus which benefits ONLY a Jem Hadar bridge officer, that a Jem Hadar Bridge officer will not be one of the (if not the ultimate) reward for completion. I find it hard to believe the item description, such as it is, would be a red herring.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The Jem Hadar had more than one kind of vessel you know. We could even have a possibility of an Attack Cruiser, or Battleship.. Makes sense with he 4th ability, because i dont see a game adding a starship abilities for a ship that is no longer "obtainable" , and adding all that JUST for the people that have the Bug.

This makes sene to me. I mean, why add a bonus to a ship that not very many have and that can't be obtained anymore, except from the exchange at absurd prices?

I can see the end reward being either:

Some sort of BO or a Dominion ship of some sort, only claimable once per account to keep it rare.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    aashenfox wrote:

You will receive:

Rare Infant Changeling pet. - This non-combat pet randomly forms basic shapes as it follows you around.*

*Shapes include: Spot, Data's cat; Benjamin Sisko's famous baseball; an Omega particle, a mini crystalline entity, a mini world destroyer (complete with mini death ray animation); a Targ; a giant tribble, a mini Gomtuu, Captain Archer's prize winning Beagle, etc, etc.

Plus your choice of:

The Special Reward in all previous FE's was something specific, with no choice available, and was in addition to the other rewards you get in the FE mission. It was also a limited time reward. And disappeared later.

The types of rewards you suggest here are great ideas. But would be better off as a normal reward for the mission. One that sticks around. So people can go back and get the other choices. I mean, the pet idea's really cool. And DOFFs are awesome. But they're something that should be more standard and achievable regularly, as opposed to what the "special" reward has tended to be. (Devidian Cane, for example).
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    aashenfox wrote:
    Your position is polarly opposed to the one you are trying to disprove. It would be equal folly to assume that since the Ketracell provides a bonus which benefits ONLY a Jem Hadar bridge officer, that a Jem Hadar Bridge officer will not be one of the (if not the ultimate) reward for completion. I find it hard to believe the item description, such as it is, would be a red herring.

Your forgetting one thing, the only way to get the white is by running these episodes. If we did in fact get a Jem'Hadar as a reward we would have to do these missions over and over just to keep him stocked up on white. To me that sounds more like a chore than a reward.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jem'hadar Tactical Boff seems the likeliest candidate. There are Ketracel White ground device drops explicitly for Jem'hadar, and the idea of a Jem'hadar being anything except a Tactical officer is quite absurd.

this. it won't be a cardassian or a changeling for obvious reasons. and to drop the white and then have no character to use it wouldn't make any sense at all
    Who says it's off the white? It could have a trait where it will turn on you if you don't keep it stockpiled in white.

which makes it useless. you can bet a large portion of the players would just delete it outright if that was the case
    That's unrefined Ketracel white, the commodity. There's a consumable Ketracel White that drops off of ground mobs.

which is no different than getting it through doff assignments. its not practical
    I want a changling, but failing that, a Vorta. Why would a Jem'Hadar join Starfleet or the KDF?

why would a changeling or a vorta?
    So whoever does not want another BO I think there's still a good chance that will not be the reward.

theres zero chance of it not being a reward. its the only explanation for dropping white that only they can use. you're not going to get an exotic boff like that anywhere other than an FE and it follows the pattern of the reman and the breen
    That's not impossible, because it would still be distributing the ship to a limited amount of players, for a limited time.

not really. technically its distributing the ship to the entire player population. they can just claim it for a limited time
    I'm not saying that the people guessing it will be a Jem'hadar are wrong, however basing it based on the ketracel white drops is flawed reasoning.

no it isn't. its basic logic and reasoning
    The white is also used for breeding tribbles and might have nothing to do w/ anything else

no it isn't. feeding it to tribbles does nothing. several people have pointed this out
    Adding an item description to it might just simply be a good eye for detail on the team's part.

which makes zero sense at all. you don't put that it can be used only by a character that will never be in the game. you'd have to be an idiot to be the guy that approved doing something like that
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Rhodes85 wrote: »
    no it isn't. feeding it to tribbles does nothing. several people have pointed this out

You are WRONG. I fed the white to a tribble and got a gamma quadrant tribble. I've done it 15 times on 15 toons and it's worked each time. Anyone who has tried this and fails should report it as a bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Tenkari wrote:
    Playable Jem'Hadar species >.>

I wish XD

That would be cool!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I really want Jem'Hadar small craft fighter (and more small craft missions to use it). Space set we are getting would match it perfectly.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Between Boffs and Doffs my escort has more crew than it states. I have 250 Doffs with 43 Boffs.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wilv wrote: »
    Your forgetting one thing, the only way to get the white is by running these episodes. If we did in fact get a Jem'Hadar as a reward we would have to do these missions over and over just to keep him stocked up on white. To me that sounds more like a chore than a reward.

Nope, they are random ground rewards, I had a full stack of 20 before I even started the featured series, I believe I was doing the true Way series when these started dropping, so maybe they only drop from 'dominion' tye mobs, but just saying they aren't restricted to the featured content.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'd imagine that it'll be a jem'hadar due to the crack drops we get from Second Wave.

Sadly a tac jem'hadar makes more sense but....we really need ot be more diverse. Do we even have any Eng special boffs yet? And I wouldn't want ot trade my Breen for a Jem'hadar....at this rate my crew will be nothing but special boffs... :rolleyes: