Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 31, 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Mongoson wrote: »
    ummm here is a novel idea.... instead of waiting, get in the game and check it yourself? :rolleyes:

that is one of the problems, you all check your internal, which does not match tribble, which does not match the Live Holodeck... ELSE things would not Break as much as they do...

yet, as a client, why do I have to state this so much to a group who I pay to be their client....
    yeah I need to ask myself if I am wasting my time, and start voting with my wallet.

thanks.

I have checked it, both places. In one place (Tribble) it looks broken. In my internal game (the one where I can actually make changes), it looks fine. Since it looks fine, there is no way for me to fix it. It's a case of, "if it's not broken, I literally CAN NOT fix it." As such, I believe it is entirely addressed, and expect that when another build goes to Tribble, it will also show that it has been fixed. If however, we see the unexpected, and when Tribble gets updated, it still looks broken? Then something really screwy is going on and I will have to do much deeper, more involved checks that are not warranted at the moment.

I'm not incompetent. I check my work, but when everything is fine on my end, there is little I can do to fix an issue you're seeing on your end. Hence the difficulty in tracking down some bugs.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    Check your settings, I'm definitely seeing shadows from banners in my game (work game, not tribble) Should be the same though.

Floor textures are fixed on my end (not sure how I did that :confused:)

The Ops stairs look fine on my end, maybe Tribble only got some of my changes? I'll wait til next build to see if this persists.

The light rays in hallways shouldn't have collision already on Tribble, is anyone seeing otherwise?

I just hopped back onto the tribble server, and as far as I can tell, my video settings on Tribble match my Holodeck settings.

The light beams in the corridors indeed have had their collision turned off! That was a minor pet peeve of mine, so thanks for the fix (although I guess that means I can't sing "I'm walkin' on sunshine" in the hallways anymore). The flag/banner shadows are still there on Tribble, but it seems they slowly fade in/out depending on the position of the character/camera, where on Holodeck the shadows are just "there". I'm not completely sure that it's something that needs to be "fixed", as it seems like a kinda nice subtle effect that I only notice now that I know how it works.

EDIT: So, here's a pic on TRIBBLE, in front of Device Merchant Dolgun, clockwise from the bank corridor. As I move the camera to this position (standing in the same location), the shadows slooowly fade into view.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have checked it, both places. In one place (Tribble) it looks broken. In my internal game (the one where I can actually make changes), it looks fine. Since it looks fine, there is no way for me to fix it. It's a case of, "if it's not broken, I literally CAN NOT fix it." As such, I believe it is entirely addressed, and expect that when another build goes to Tribble, it will also show that it has been fixed. If however, we see the unexpected, and when Tribble gets updated, it still looks broken? Then something really screwy is going on and I will have to do much deeper, more involved checks that are not warranted at the moment.

I'm not incompetent. I check my work, but when everything is fine on my end, there is little I can do to fix an issue you're seeing on your end. Hence the difficulty in tracking down some bugs.

Taco meat CHECK!

Cheese Check!

Lettuce Check!

Salsa Check!

Sour Cream Check!

Wipe off the Bugs... CHECK!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We only ever draw shadows from 2 sources at a time, so if you have 3 shadow casting lights on you (as I think you might in DS9), moving closer to one or the other will fade all shadows out, and then fade them back up with the new lights. This has always been. Not sure why you're only noticing it now on DS9, I didn't do much (if anything?) to the lighting there.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I..... See..... Four.... Shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I just checked tribble as of the feb 2nd tribble patch and it appears to still be broken.