test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 25, 2012

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120123b.6

General:
  • Un-wonkied character creation.
  • The Tier 3 Excelsior C-Store item has an updated icon and image previews.
  • The transwarp button is functional once again.
  • The calendar change month buttons work as expected again.
  • Duty officer booster packs can no longer be used until at the appropriate level.
  • Updated the Pig-headed trait so it properly only triggers when you are hit with a critical hit.
  • Changed name of T3 Excelsior console from Transwarp Coil to Transwarp Computer.
    • This is just a name change

STF Ground Set Changes:
  • ALL SETS - 3pc Bonus "Integral Frequency Modulator" has had its cooldown timer reduced from 15s to 10s.
  • MACO
    • ARMOR
      • Increased Phys/Kinetic resistance to Mk X 75 / Mk XI 81 / Mk XII 87
      • Tooltip now more clearly indicates effects of trigger.
      • Doubled magnitude of Triggered Shield Heal.
      • Altered max frequency of trigger to 1x per 6sec
    • SHIELD
      • Reduced chance of Trigger to 5%
      • Effect can now trigger once every 8 seconds, max.
    • WEAPON
      • Primary Fire's 5% damage increase is for real now, I promise.
    • 2-PIECE
      • Changed instant shield heal to fast regen over 5 seconds.
  • OMEGA
    • ARMOR
      • Added 2.5% Crit Chance and 20% Crit Severity passive modifiers
      • Trigger effect now only affects your next attack.
    • SHIELD
      • Reduced duration of Expose-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
      • Limited Expose effect to a single target, per trigger.
    • WEAPON -- No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Adaptation mechanics.
    • 2-PIECE
      • Removed the "Sneak" stance from this power, to address an animation issue with firing your weapon while under the effect.
  • KHG
    • ARMOR
      • Doubled magnitude of Triggered Hitpoint Heal.
    • SHIELD
      • Reduced duration of Damage-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
      • Limited Reflect effect to a single target, per trigger.
    • WEAPON -- No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Secondary Fire to analyze overall balance.
    • 2-PIECE
      • Increased the heal-per-tick, and total duration.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.17.20120123b.6]

I really hope you're not relegated to a cot in the back room as no one should have to pull this many late work nights in a row.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Any word on the efficient trait?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    •Updated the Pig-headed trait so it properly only triggers when you are hit with a critical hit.

Oh Dang... No more Loud, Obnoxious, Random Squeeling....

From the Game that is... Not the Forums... I'm sure THAT will continue unabated.

<chuckle>
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Nice to see the details for the T3 Excelsior being refined. Transwarp Computer really does make more sense as applied to the console.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    STF Ground Set Changes:

Just a note on the past Space Set changes - it seems something went wrong with the MAKO Shields, they may potentially miscalculate their resistance and always yield too high resistance (possibly even always the cap of 75 %):
    Thread and a post discussing the issue: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3968457&postcount=5
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    will these be going into the Holodeck Patch today or next week?

looking forward to the STF ground Set changes! (especially the guns)

PS: do i read that right that MACO has a Shield heal and Honor Guard has a Armor heal?

and i am still a bit confuse sometimes it reads like the 2 set bonus is a passive, sometimes it reads like it is a Button (i know it's a button, but is there also a random passive i didn't notice so far?)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    [*]Updated the Pig-headed trait so it properly only triggers when you are hit with a critical hit.

THANK GOD...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    CptBANG wrote: »
    PS: do i read that right that MACO has a Shield heal and Honor Guard has a Armor heal?

and i am still a bit confuse sometimes it reads like the 2 set bonus is a passive, sometimes it reads like it is a Button (i know it's a button, but is there also a random passive i didn't notice so far?)

All STF Ground Sets have:

1) A passive proc on the armor that buffs your entire team for a few seconds
    * MACO = Shield Regen
    * OMEGA = Damage Boost
    * KHG = HP Heal
    2) A proc on the shield that debuffs the enemy
    * MACO = AOE Stun (2sec)
    * OMEGA = Exposes the next person that attacks
    * KHG = Fires a "Feedback Pulse" on the next person that attacks.
    3) A 2-piece bonus that is manually triggered and gives you a short-duration survivability edge.
    * MACO = Shield Regen and Resistance
    * OMEGA = Huge Dodge increase and minor Stealth
    * KHG = Hitpoint Regen and Resistance
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ST.17.20120123b.6

General:
    • Un-wonkied character creation.
    • The Tier 3 Excelsior C-Store item has an updated icon and image previews.
    • The transwarp button is functional once again.
    • The calendar change month buttons work as expected again.
    • Duty officer booster packs can no longer be used until at the appropriate level.
    • Updated the Pig-headed trait so it properly only triggers when you are hit with a critical hit.
    • Changed name of T3 Excelsior console from Transwarp Coil to Transwarp Computer.
      • This is just a name change

STF Ground Set Changes:
    • ALL SETS - 3pc Bonus "Integral Frequency Modulator" has had its cooldown timer reduced from 15s to 10s.
    • MACO
      • ARMOR
        • Doubled magnitude of Triggered Shield Heal.
      • SHIELD
      • WEAPON
        • Primary Fire's 5% damage increase is for real now, I promise.
      • 2-PIECE
        • Changed instant shield heal to fast regen over 5 seconds.
    • OMEGA
      • ARMOR
        • Added 2.5% Crit Chance and 20% Crit Severity passive modifiers
        • Trigger effect now only affects your next attack.
      • SHIELD
        • Reduced duration of Expose-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
        • Limited Expose effect to a single target, per trigger.
      • WEAPON -- No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Adaptation mechanics.
      • 2-PIECE
        • Removed the "Sneak" stance from this power, to address an animation issue with firing your weapon while under the effect.
    • KHG
      • ARMOR
        • Doubled magnitude of Triggered Hitpoint Heal.
      • SHIELD
        • Reduced duration of Damage-Retaliation buff to 5 seconds.
        • Limited Reflect effect to a single target, per trigger.
      • WEAPON -- No changes in this batch. Still reviewing Secondary Fire to analyze overall balance.
      • 2-PIECE
        • Increased the heal-per-tick, and total duration.

ok... here is the crux I have personally Zero. WHY reduce things when all that needs to be fixed is the time effect? Gozer lowers the toughness of elite, but that does no one any good, because here we lower the abilities of the armor that is designed specifically for those instances, by judging it on PVP.

Its why you cant balance this game PVP wise with PVE designed/inspired armor. Champions solved this by having a tag system so they could "deny" some things from being used in PVP that were meant for PVE only enviroments. that would solve sooooo much of the balancing issue it would be completely ridiculous, and allow the group freedom to create whatever they wanted.

PVP items can be PVP or PVE
    PVE items can only be used in PVE enviroment, in a PVP map/instance they become inert and unusable/unselectable.

THe work Gozer just did to Elite settings in STF, just were for nothing because what he is doing is never going to work till the group messing with the armor DESIGNED for those instances is left alone to gauge those changes. If both sides keep changing things all the time, you all will NEVER get it to balance out.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mongoson wrote: »
    ok... here is the crux I have personally Zero. WHY reduce things when all that needs to be fixed is the time effect? Gozer lowers the toughness of elite, but that does no one any good, because here we lower the abilities of the armor that is designed specifically for those instances, by judging it on PVP.

Its why you cant balance this game PVP wise with PVE designed/inspired armor. Champions solved this by having a tag system so they could "deny" some things from being used in PVP that were meant for PVE only enviroments. that would solve sooooo much of the balancing issue it would be completely ridiculous, and allow the group freedom to create whatever they wanted.

PVE items can only be used in PVE enviroment, in a PVP map/instance they become inert and unusable/unselectable.

THe work Gozer just did to Elite settings in STF, just were for nothing because what he is doing is never going to work till the group messing with the armor DESIGNED for those instances is left alone to gauge those changes. If both sides keep changing things all the time, you all will NEVER get it to balance out.

Or even better:

Give us PvP Gear sets that can be bought or earned through successfully completing PvP missions and have these very few items balanced against each other, then only allow these items to be used in PvP?

Then it's a little more about your skill and a little less about your gear/min-maxing...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    KHG = Fires a "Feedback Pulse" on the next person that attacks.

Personally, I feel that this effect is rather useless.

First of all, the effect doesn't really do noticeable damage. In addition to that, the proc is most reliable to go off when you're hit with a Borg Shield Neutralizer, although the chances are slim that it will go off early enough to matter, even if the damage were noteworthy. In other words, about the only time I really see it doing anything is when the feedback pulse is pinging some variant of a Tactical Drone that is already dead.

If a knockdown effect could be added to the pulse, that might make it a little more useful, but again, only when the proc is active while you're still actually fighting enemies.

Otherwise, I think a chance for a boost to energy weapon damage would be more useful. More fitting even, considering it's the KDF here.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mongoson wrote: »

I don't play enough to rack up enough EDCs or whatnot to get all the STF gear, but I enjoy playing the elite missions and tend to do just fine. The changes you speak of to the elite missions are valid even with changes to these gear sets since not everyone plays with them. These sets are still better than normal purple gear so I'm not sure what the problem is.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    still wating for Oddesy to be on tribble
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    maco shield fix for space??
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    GEKIRED wrote: