Install Arc
Options

USS Enterprise-E

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Charlie25 wrote: »
    Did anyone liked the deleted scene of the final part? or liked how picard smiled at the end when he left B4's room:p

I personally liked the original

Quite frankly, they should have left in MOST of the deleted scenes from Nemesis! It would have made the move WAY better. The touching bit with Data's cat; Riker playing a prank on the new Exec - some quite moments there lost probably due to fear of 'attention span' - Oh no.. TRIBBLE character development.. MORE ACTION Blech.. if I want mindless action I have Star Wars. :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Monkey_Who wrote:
    Quite frankly, they should have left in MOST of the deleted scenes from Nemesis! It would have made the move WAY better. The touching bit with Data's cat; Riker playing a prank on the new Exec - some quite moments there lost probably due to fear of 'attention span' - Oh no.. TRIBBLE character development.. MORE ACTION Blech.. if I want mindless action I have Star Wars. :mad:

ya, they should of. Would of be good since they said this was going to be the last tng movie that they made it longer than maybe 3 hour movie. And star wars is not all about action. Funny thingis the made nemesis more of a action movie, which it is a goo one but as a star trek movie had to be more than that. O well.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I have much more important things to do than cruise the internet in search of information that I've already been told first-hand by an employee of CBS just to pacify your thirst for proof of something that may not even happen the way it was described anymore.

I can't prove a verbal conversation I had with a CBS employee.
    If you don't want to believe me: Fine, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.
    If you want the proof, then you'll just have to find it for yourself or wait.
    Leave me alone about this.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Xavier_Q wrote:
    I have much more important things to do than cruise the internet in search of information that I've already been told first-hand by an employee of CBS just to pacify your thirst for proof of something that may not even happen the way it was described anymore.

If you don't want to believe me: Fine, but you don't have to be a jerk about it.
    It seems to me everyone was leaving you alone. You're the one in here spouting off about all your vast information with zero proof. I have a cousin who works for CBS and he tells me they're not making a new Trek series. Does my verbal proof mean more then yours? Yours could be just as much as lie as mine. The only difference is I'm not pretending to be an authority. You are.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Xavier_Q wrote:

Me a jerk lmao, You think I'm a jerk becasue you can't proof anything!!!! Just becasue one person says something does not mean it is final. Your the one who started this and i am finishing it. And yes you can proof a verbal conversation, it is called use a recording device e.g mobile tape recorder, mobile phones, etc there are so many device these days u can record on plus you can upload it on to youtube. Your then one who came in here saying what you said.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    Me a jerk lmao, You think I'm a jerk becasue you can't proof anything!!!! Just becasue one person says something does not mean it is final. Your the one who started this and i am finishing it. And yes you can proof a verbal conversation, it is called use a recording device e.g mobile tape recorder, mobile phones, etc there are so many device these days u can record on plus you can upload it on to youtube. Your then one who came in here saying what you said.

Yeah.
    Because I'm a jerk that records all of his conversations with his friends just to win arguments in the STO forums?
    Seriously, dude?!

Like I said "If you don't want to belive me: Fine."
    That was pretty much the end of the conversation right there.
    I had already ended it.
    You didn't end it; You just restarted it.

I have witnessed proof that I cannot supply, even if I had it.
    So just move-on already.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Xavier_Q wrote:
    Yeah.
    Because I'm a jerk that records all of his conversations with his friends just to win arguments in the STO forums?
    Seriously, dude?!

Like I said "If you don't want to belive me: Fine."
    That was pretty much the end of the conversation right there.
    I had already ended it.
    You didn't end it; You just restarted it.

I have witnessed proof that I cannot supply, even if I had it.
    So just move-on already.

lmao your the starting it again not, Anyway back on topic since the stats of the F has been released and improved, I hope we will see a sovy refit in the future. Atm I hope we don't see the E destoryed and the crew gone. Data is a fmaous character and having him gone just like that is to me unthinkable.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    . . . Atm I hope we don't see the E destoryed and the crew gone. Data is a fmaous character and having him gone just like that is to me unthinkable.

I agree. Data was always one of my favorite characters.
    In my opinion, Data finally getting command of an Enterprise & his fans never getting to witness it because of the ship's destruction & his untimely death would be a slight injustice to TNG/Data fans alike.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Xavier_Q wrote:
    I agree. Data was always one of my favorite characters.
    In my opinion, Data finally getting command of an Enterprise & his fans never getting to witness it because of the ship's destruction & his untimely death would be a slight injustice to TNG/Data fans alike.

This is just like how the E was introduced, BAM there she is, no cermony etc nothing. Just flying majestically. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I heard about those new tv series rumors too. No one has proven otherwise yet however.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Omega_X wrote:
    I heard about those new tv series rumors too. No one has proven otherwise yet however.

There have been rumors about a new series forever. With something like Star Trek it's a given. Until there's actual proof they'll be nothing but rumors. I think most of those future Enterprise-F rumors come from that canned cartoon a while back.

That said I personally don't think it's terribly likely that we'll be seeing STO's Enterprise F on TV, but who knows?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The fate of the Enterprise-E will be left intentionally vague.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The fate of the Enterprise-E will be left intentionally vague.

good, to me that can only mean one thing and i hope it is true, they have plans for her in the future.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The Federation wouldn't have 2 Enterprises at the same time. The E is either lost or decommissioned by the time the F launches.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    STF65 wrote:
    The Federation wouldn't have 2 Enterprises at the same time. The E is either lost or decommissioned by the time the F launches.

We're not talking about the Federation; We're talking about Cryptic.
    They do stuff that doesn't make sense all of the time.
    Case in point: Adding Dilithium as a cross-faction currency when Star Trek only uses it for two of the factions Cryptic wants in the game, and Gold-Pressed Latinum remains an even more rare, untradable/unconvertable currency reserved for only the most ignorant of superficial purchases in-game.

Sad, but true :'-(
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Xavier_Q wrote:
    We're not talking about the Federation; We're talking about Cryptic.
    They do stuff that doesn't make sense all of the time.
    Case in point: Adding Dilithium as a cross-faction currency when Star Trek only uses it for two of the factions Cryptic wants in the game, and Gold-Pressed Latinum remains an even more rare, untradable/unconvertable currency reserved for only the most ignorant of superficial purchases in-game.

Sad, but true :'-(
    We will just have to agree to disagree. Cryptic is governed by CBS. CBS vets every single IP thing Cryptic puts into the game. The Enterprise is a major IP issue. Dilithium is a game mechanic and no where near as important.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    STF65 wrote:

thanks for tell us soemthing we already know but i should have been clear in that I was talking about a tv series not sto.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    rlaffargue wrote:
    Last time i saw Enterprise it was half destroyed, lodged in a romulan dreadnaught with android parts flying around it. I dont think Picard thought much of the new Enterprise, Its the second time he tried to destroy it :p. Im just assuming it was scuttled and they held off building a new one for a bit.

You must have left early.

It's understandable, we know ST:NEM wasn't the most loved of ST films. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    J-Lau wrote:
    You must have left early.

It's understandable, we know ST:NEM wasn't the most loved of ST films. :p

I, for one, LOVEd Nemesis, and I still don't remember seeing the Ent-E being fixed up at the end.
    However, I DO remember the scene that takes place on it where Picard is trying to get B-4 to be like Data, gets discouraged, and then sees a glimmer of hope in B-4 right at the end of the scene.
    It sure looked like the inside of the same ship to me ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I don't want a new series.. it's just be all 'pew, pew, running and 'splosions', just like the new movie (which I ABSOLUTELY LOATHED) and it'll be a cold day on Vulcan before I accept that attrocity as real Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nemesis is my one of my favourite star trek moives. It had best everything except for storyline. It was sooooo much a redone version of Wrath of khan it still could have worked if they didn't sorten the lenght of the moive and kept all the deleted scenes in and have what they supposed to show but had to cut it out of the movie due to budget cuts!!! :mad: Is the E's final phae refit. The New E we see in nemesis is just the first phase refit, a half done refit!!! Sure it had that done in between the insurrection and nemesis but there was supposed to have another one at the end :mad: :(. I'm suprised they have not used it in the game yet!!! Hopefully they will use it as a soveregin refit skin.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The obvious reason for making an Enterprise-F is so STO has a flagship that the devs can actually use for in-game story arcs without needing each second signed for in triplicate along with a virigin sacrifice.

Reguardless of the ultimate fate of the Big E... E, we never saw much of her in-game. Come to think, I don't belieave she was anywhere to be found.

I suspect if they had the Enterprise-F at the begining of STO, she would have appeared in NPC fleets and occasional "meet ship X to get Y" objectives. That beign said, this is probably going to happen going forward.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MaelDuin wrote:
    The obvious reason for making an Enterprise-F is so STO has a flagship that the devs can actually use for in-game story arcs without needing each second signed for in triplicate along with a virigin sacrifice.

Reguardless of the ultimate fate of the Big E... E, we never saw much of her in-game. Come to think, I don't belieave she was anywhere to be found.

I suspect if they had the Enterprise-F at the begining of STO, she would have appeared in NPC fleets and occasional "meet ship X to get Y" objectives. That beign said, this is probably going to happen going forward.

They already have approval for previous Enterprise ships. The 1701-F was for the community to take part in.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Omega_X wrote:
    They already have approval for previous Enterprise ships. The 1701-F was for the community to take part in.
    We have no idea whether or not they have approval to use all previous Enterprise ships. The only Enterprise we have ever seen in the game was the TOS Connie; and that is owned by CBS.

And in reality, the reason the F is in the game is because Cryptic asked to use the J and CBS said no; but CBS said Cryptic could use another future Enterprise. And that led to the Enterprise F contest.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Isn't it frustrating when loose ends don't tie up. All of this over a fictional ship!!! Honest I don't see the problem when it comes to the legal issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    Isn't it frustrating when loose ends don't tie up. All of this over a fictional ship!!! Honest I don't see the problem when it comes to the legal issues.

Because by granting rights to their intellectual property, CBS would be ceceding control of a piece of their property to a company that might not have its best interest at heart.

Not that I agree with that, just sayin'. :o
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Because by granting rights to their intellectual property, CBS would be ceceding control of a piece of their property to a company that might not have its best interest at heart.

Not that I agree with that, just sayin'. :o

well true, but if they are not planning in using it to make money might as well let someone else use it to continue to story, game play etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    RAJ_2011 wrote:
    well true, but if they are not planning in using it to make money might as well let someone else use it to continue to story, game play etc.

True, but some companies would rather let their IP's rot in a cellar for DECADES on the off chance that they might use them later, such as for a reboot, merchandising, etc; or so they might be able to sell them.

This is especially true for a franchise as unstable as Star Trek is atm.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    True, but some companies would rather let their IP's rot in a cellar for DECADES on the off chance that they might use them later, such as for a reboot, merchandising, etc; or so they might be able to sell them.

This is especially true for a franchise as unstable as Star Trek is atm.

True. Anyway here is a question for everyone about the E....Which do yo think looks better, the model or CGI? Personally I would use the model as it makes the ship seem more realistic but I would design the model to look like the nemesis E which is by far the best looking E. I know that using CGI is less expansive and easier to use because you can make change to it etc but if I was going to use the same design all the time then it will be a model but if I was going to make big changes to it then CGI or use both. I know they used a model for the collision scene in nemesis.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Of which I have quite a few screencaps of the Enterprise from the films on my website! :)