test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - January 9, 2012

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120104b.8

General:
  • Updated skill selection UI during character creation.
  • Fixed default trait selection for Orion Male Tactical captains.
  • Pressing "Reset" after unlocking a new skill tier no longer prevents proper skill point application.
  • All transwarp powers are now usable only after completing the tutorial mission.
  • Special Task Force Equipment has been updated for KDF characters so they can now turn it in.
  • The number of spawn points has been increased for both Sol System and the Sirius Sector Block.
  • Updated the UI for Duty Officer assignments to better indicate bonuses based on quality.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.17.20120104b.8

General:
    • Special Task Force Equipment has been updated for KDF characters so they can now turn it in.

I love you...I mean thank you...:o
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I love you...I mean thank you...:o

Aww, I love you too. But I think we should just stay friends. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I nearly read that as a bullet point in the patch notes.Ha!
  • Options
    edited January 2012

You're right, your're right. Besides my wife wouldn't understand :p
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    edit - oh never mind. i thought these were old patch notes.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Awwwwwwwww so much love in here :)

i want a hug please hug me ...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I thought they were going to wipe Tribble? Did I read it wrong? Or am I just confused?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ST.17.20120104b.8

General:
    • Updated skill selection UI during character creation.
    • Fixed default trait selection for Orion Male Tactical captains.
    • Pressing "Reset" after unlocking a new skill tier no longer prevents proper skill point application.
    • All transwarp powers are now usable only after completing the tutorial mission.
    • The number of spawn points has been increased for both Sol System and the Sirius Sector Block.
    • Updated the UI for Duty Officer assignments to better indicate bonuses based on quality.

Have a question did the test servers go gold only if so the features matrix should be updated.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    LtSmith wrote:
    Have a question did the test servers go gold only if so the features matrix should be updated.

Yes, the test shards are gold only. That's how Champs is/was, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

As to the matrix, it doesn't say anything about silver being able to play on the test server. Where did you get the idea that silvers would be able to?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Can we please have some dev feedback on the borg set changes in the last TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes. It feels like we are being ignored.

We players are unhappy with the changes and at the very least we could do with a reason why armor tanking is being nerfed so much to the point where it might not work anymore. Why post major changes then vanish from the thread? A lot of valid questions have been asked and no dev responce.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=247179&page=3
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pottsey wrote:
    Can we please have some dev feedback on the borg set changes in the last TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes. It feels like we are being ignored.

Sadly this is a more than valid question. Why don't we get any response? Tell us why you had to change the Borg and Aegis set.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pottsey wrote:

We players are unhappy with the changes and at the very least we could do with a reason why armor tanking is being nerfed so much to the point where it might not work anymore. Why post major changes then vanish from the thread? A lot of valid questions have been asked and no dev responce.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=247179&page=3

There is a lot of feedback and response from J-Man himself in the thread I linked to in those patch notes. Or in similar threads in that forum area. :)

I cannot provide any sort of discussion for changes I didn't make, which is why you haven't seen any comment from me. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    any news on the ground combat sound bug ?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    There is a lot of feedback and response from J-Man himself in the thread I linked to in those patch notes. Or in similar threads in that forum area. :)

I cannot provide any sort of discussion for changes I didn't make, which is why you haven't seen any comment from me. :)
    I do not see a single dev post about the borg changes in the thread about the borg changes bar the first post. Or in any other threads. The problem is the borg changes got hidden away.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pottsey wrote:
    I do not see a single dev post about the borg changes in the thread about the borg changes bar the first post. Or in any other threads. The problem is the borg changes got hidden away.

Heh, I know I'm being trolled, but ok, I'll go for it...

Here's the link where a dev posted about the changes, and it's not the first post, its #78:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3941544&postcount=78

And here's the link where you quoted said post, in case you forgot:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3941586&postcount=79

*sigh...some people...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sardoc wrote:
    Heh, I know I'm being trolled, but ok, I'll go for it...

Here's the link where a dev posted about the changes, and it's not the first post, its #78:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3941544&postcount=78

And here's the link where you quoted said post, in case you forgot:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3941586&postcount=79

*sigh...some people...
    You see that's what I am talking about. Those are not the complete changes. The full changes got hidden away at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3936151&postcount=1 but the devs ignored that thread and most people missed it as the thread title has nothing to do with set changes.

So your rude post was uncalled for and the core set changes got hidden away in threads instread of being posted in the set threads.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Cuatela wrote:
    Yes, the test shards are gold only. That's how Champs is/was, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

As to the matrix, it doesn't say anything about silver being able to play on the test server. Where did you get the idea that silvers would be able to?

Where did you get this information. Because according to Rehpic, f2pers have access to tribble.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3932178&postcount=79
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pottsey wrote:
    You see that's what I am talking about. Those are not the complete changes. The full changes got hidden away at http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3936151&postcount=1 but the devs ignored that thread and most people missed it as the thread title has nothing to do with set changes.

So your rude post was uncalled for and the core set changes got hidden away in threads instread of being posted in the set threads.

By hidden away you mean people trying to give feedback don't bother reading patch notes first? Say it ain't so!:eek: