Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 4, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    jeffknight wrote: »
    Excellent! Love the change to dilithium for gold players, NOW it is worth something to subscribe! THANK YOU DEVS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Also, nice on the Excelsior. I don't like things like that being taken away after people spend money on it. The DOff system keeps being refined and is turning into a real jewel.

There needs to be more ways to earn the stuff (and not limited to dailies). I've yet to earn 8k in one day.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If you do all the dailies, you get about 7k a day (at least at VA), so you have to do STFs, events or such to fill the gap.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You're welcome, and please, just Zero. Rex sounds so manly. LOL ;)

i always kind of had a crush on you zero... just needed to get that out, i feel so much better
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Overall a most excellent release!
    Powers:
    • Snipped

AMAZING, thank you Cryptic I can't wait to play with this!

Duty Officers:
    • Duty Officers on assignment will now display the time remaining on an assignment in their dossier.

All fantastic update, but please thank Heretic from me for this one quoted above, I only suggested this 13 days ago here and now it's patching to Tribble, which is awesome because this will be very useful to me and others (I hope).

Missions:
    • Hana System: Destroying the turrets before the rendezvous with the U.S.S. Mirek no longer blocks mission completion.

Cool, I remember bug reporting this one a couple of weeks ago, only accidentally noticed I broke this mission after I warped in and didn't bother to wait for the U.S.S. Mirek. I blew up all the turrets and then thought to myself, oops...

Known Issues:
    • Snipped

No mention of KDF players not being able to purchase the VOR'KANG CLASS via the test C-Store, are you aware of that?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    There needs to be more ways to earn the stuff (and not limited to dailies). I've yet to earn 8k in one day.

Between the dailies, STF's and DoF missions, refining 8000 a day is not enough. Would like to see 12k or 14k. If you are not pulling 8k a day in unrefined ore, join a Fleet that does STF's, do your dailies and get cracking on those DoF missions!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

ive done it, but only barely.

yeah, i'd be very surprised if we didn't get more ways to earn it. i'd rather i had too much ore to refine, as opposed to not enough.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Ground skills, powers, and items remain unchanged for now, except for having their costs updated.

seperate space and ground skills completely. its overdue :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We cant train our BOs any more ?

But how do I get my BO to be able to build a Phaser Turret 3 or so ?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111030a.3

Known Issues:
    • There is an issue that allows certain ship powers to be used on every ship without having to equip the related console:
      • Emission Seeking Torpedo
      • Photonic Shockwave Torpedo – Load
    • Ki'tang Bird-of-Prey cannot be obtained for free with a Captain ship plaque.
    • All maps entered via a queue will boot you out 5 seconds after the mission is complete.
      • This includes STFs, so grab that loot as fast as possible.

Bolded for emphasis:

Will these consoles ever get changed to function with more torpedo types? I have no experience with the "Emission" console, but I know the Shockwave torpedo is only usable with Photon torpedoes. Seems wrong to have these "premium" ships that cost real cash (if you don't use dilithium -> c-store conversion), and then make the consoles locked to a single type of weapon.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111030a.3

Powers:
    • All New Skill System:
      • When you log in after this change:
        • All of your skill points will be refunded to you and you will have none spent.
        • When you enter a map you will be prompted to spend your skill points.
          • If you do not spend your skill points you will be prompted on every single map to do so.
      • All Space Skills have been changed.
        • The effects of all space skills are more transparent.
          • Most simply improve a function type directly.
            • Such as improving all healing or all control powers.
          • Alternately, the skill may simply grant a direct bonus.
      • Training/Command skill branch is gone.
        • No more ship captain skills.
          • There are just flat ship bonuses that apply to any ship you fly.
          • This is designed to let you swap ships painlessly.
      • The space weapon skill branch no longer has energy/torpedo type skills.
        • This is designed to let you swap weapons painlessly.
      • There are a lot fewer skills now. As such, the cost has increased by 50%.
      • All space powers and abilities have been adjusted to utilize the new skills.
      • All Items that affected skills have been updated.
        • This significantly impacted Science Consoles and Defector Dish Items. They have all been adjusted to utilize the new skills.
      • Ground skills, powers, and items remain unchanged for now, except for having their costs updated.

this, pay attention to this part all the rest , allthough " nice" is irrelivant to THIS PART. it is now friday, the patch just started, unfortunitly , all i can see coming from this , is the need for a steel helmet and a flak jacket.:eek: yea, it's gona be bad.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My initial view of this, and a problem with this is, to free up more points for people to be more balanced you made fewer skills, you then counter acted this, reducing its usefulness to nothing, by increasing skill costs. You can't.do.both.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    0850 wrote:
    We cant train our BOs any more ?

But how do I get my BO to be able to build a Phaser Turret 3 or so ?

Perhaps blue/purple quality BOFFs can be tweaked so that they always have a level III skill in their Commander rank slot? That would keep such abilities reasonably available so that you could use them to "train up" your crew.

However, I expect that what we will get is to have the level III BOFF skills available in the BOFF skill store but they will cost dilithium. Hopefully they won't cost an annoyingly large amount of dilithium--preferably not more than 2k each.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ProfHat wrote:
    this, pay attention to this part all the rest , allthough " nice" is irrelivant to THIS PART. it is now friday, the patch just started, unfortunitly , all i can see coming from this , is the need for a steel helmet and a flak jacket.:eek: yea, it's gona be bad.

What are you talking about? Those changes look pretty nice.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Maybe someone can clarify this for me but if you reduced the number of space skills and increased the cost, but left all the ground skills and increased their cost, doesn't that just mean that we will have significantly fewer powers and abilities until the ground skills are reworked as well?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My initial view of this, and a problem with this is, to free up more points for people to be more balanced you made fewer skills, you then counter acted this, reducing its usefulness to nothing, by increasing skill costs. You can't.do.both.

You haven't understood the point of these changes then.

The changes have been made to both make it easier for people to use more than one energy and torpedo type, and to make it easier to understand the link between skills invested in an abilities improved.

It hasn't been done to allow people to spec up in *more* skills.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    j-rod24 wrote: »
    Maybe someone can clarify this for me but if you reduced the number of space skills and increased the cost, but left all the ground skills and increased their cost, doesn't that just mean that we will have significantly fewer powers and abilities until the ground skills are reworked as well?

Initially they were talking about increasing skill costs by 100%. In this release the skill costs have increased by 50%, presumably as a stop-gap until ground skills can be similarly streamlined.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    It's also virtually impossible to spend all your points, this isn't going to work out, you need to go back to the old 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 costs, not something including 50's and so on.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Walshicus wrote:
    Initially they were talking about increasing skill costs by 100%. In this release the skill costs have increased by 50%, presumably as a stop-gap until ground skills can be similarly streamlined.

Well I'm not looking to be able to train into more skills, but I guess I feel like I have a pretty good balance now and I didn't want to lose any abilities I have trained at the moment. I kinda wish they would have waited to roll this out when they could do the ground at the same time. But I am totally for streamlining things and making it easier to understand. This should be an interesting update :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Walshicus wrote:
    You haven't understood the point of these changes then.

The changes have been made to both make it easier for people to use more than one energy and torpedo type, and to make it easier to understand the link between skills invested in an abilities improved.

It hasn't been done to allow people to spec up in *more* skills.

It's also to make the skill tree more balanced (in space and ground) and easier to use. This doesn't really work, because You can't even use all your points due to the new off setting costs.

It is honestly not possible to speck into things as much as you used to.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Duty officers: Skills/traits that increase decrease chances of succes are not shown at all and the chances stay the same no matter if its gumbo the moron or dr.phd.mvp. august von schlichtenbaum III the greatest scientist on earth that i assign. Ok I made the names up they arent really on my crew.:cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Known Issues:
    • All maps entered via a queue will boot you out 5 seconds after the mission is complete.
      • This includes STFs, so grab that loot as fast as possible.

LOL, 5 seconds. You do need to be VERY quick :D

Good to see more changes on this patch, any word on expected fixes reference issues leveling up new characters?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    I have what may be a stupid question:

With the new cargo bay tab, does that mean i can leave my commodities in my bank and still use them? Or could I always do that?

After season 2 you could do that. (I think it was 2 :confused:)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    This is honestly a nice prime example of how this game wasn't meant to have a skill cap in that it either doesn't permit you to have enough points, or gives you too many to use.

which also means you can't level up to vice admiral because you can't spend all your points.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    There are just flat ship bonuses that apply to any ship you fly.
    This is designed to let you swap ships painlessly.

I stopped reading and wept tears of joy after reading this.

EDIT:
    The space weapon skill branch no longer has energy/torpedo type skills.

This is designed to let you swap weapons painlessly.

And did so again when I continued and read this part.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Auto refining Di.. nice that beats logging in every day for a loooooooooooooong time :p

+ Finally more logic & the freedom to fly whatever ship I want whit out losing valuable hull, speed & overall performance.

Of course this gets overshadowd by the fact that the split for ground & space is here :confused: or does this still needs to be implemented,... patch notes are kind of vague on that one.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Walshicus wrote:

you missed it completly, IT IS A NERF, of the players to make it , so grindy, so not fun ,so soul suckingly WORK like , that it then becomes acceptible to " pay to win "
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    LOL, 5 seconds. You do need to be VERY quick :D

Good to see more changes on this patch, any word on expected fixes reference issues leveling up new characters?

Ummm not to be a debbie downer but unless your on top of where the loot spawns there is no way you can collect your loot bag in 5 seconds...which means you have wasted your time running the map. I am surprised they would send a build like this to be tested. I mean especially if your running the STFs on elite and you don't get your reward!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    jeffknight wrote: »
    Excellent! Love the change to dilithium for gold players, NOW it is worth something to subscribe! THANK YOU DEVS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! Also, nice on the Excelsior. I don't like things like that being taken away after people spend money on it. The DOff system keeps being refined and is turning into a real jewel.

Looking forward to testing the skill redo. Hopefully we can get some good feedback on it and make this awesome.

Agreed!! It's VERY nice to see them listen to us and make some good changes to keep Gold status lucrative. :) Xryptic, THANK YOU. I mean it.

I may have to log on tonight! It's been a while. Lol
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Amazing patch notes, not least for the new things or UI improvements but the targeted fixes for bugs in years old missions.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    ok more issues.

1. You can't spec as well as you used to. This is near a global nerf on players, you can't as effectively fill out your skills meaning you are less effective.

2. The ground tree isn't even updated, so its virtually usless to test this system, because its not even half complete.