test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ESD Load times

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
IS anyone else having a problema t time loading up ESD. Twice know it has taken me over 5 mins to load into ESD. I have even shut down STO and then come back in to still be waiting to load ESD. Is there a problem or is is just my computer/connection.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same problem, can't get into ESD (at least not in a reasonable amount of time).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    same here, i had to turn my computer off and back on, twice.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Me too, waited 10 minutes for it to load before the server stopped responding, tried loading again waited 5 minutes, shut it down and tried again and then finaaly it loaded
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have had this problem on live as well, an it correlates to the number of people on the map you are loading into, wether it be the sol system or ESD. The problem is too many people choose to go afk either in the sol system or ESD. My temporary fix has been to bump ALL video settings to the minimum, and put them back up after leaving the sol system. However, there is a fix that Cryptic could do. Change the afk timer (at least for the sol sector and ESD) to flag you afk after five minutes of inactvity. Once that flag happens, you automatically get beamed to your bridge where for the rest of the 15 minute afk timeout/log off timer you sit. Then you are no longer sitting in the Sol system or ESD causing people to have longer load times.