test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

color coded enemy shield strength

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I think this is the best thing i've seen so far besides the way the episodes are shown

please make this active as soon as possible on holodeck, especially on borg cubes

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yep agree with you on that one!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Personally i dislike it. The bright primary colors make it look too cartoonish. Fits better with the champs aesthetic better than it does with STO.
    I didn't mind the pale blue, as it fits with the shields, although I wished there was a way to get rid of them completely.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Here Here!!!:D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    umbongo wrote: »
    Personally i dislike it. The bright primary colors make it look too cartoonish. Fits better with the champs aesthetic better than it does with STO.
    I didn't mind the pale blue, as it fits with the shields, although I wished there was a way to get rid of them completely.

There is... it's called something like directional Shield display or so in the General Options Tab...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I didn't think much of it until I actually played a few missions. Now I wonder how I lived without it. Might be nice to tone the yellow/red down to make it less cartoony, but otherwise I'm loving it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    umbongo wrote: »

There is a way to eliminate the shield rings completely. On the "Basic" tab of your Options menu, look to the option for "Enable Directional Shield FX."
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's a nice addition.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The color changes are something different and definitely help in the midst of a serious battle. Seeing red segments gives you a much better idea of where the enemy stands and who to go after first. Very nice innovation Devs!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    its kind of cool, but i always turn my shield rings off anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Simon Says Your Aft Shields Are Down!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    its kind of cool, but i always turn my shield rings off anyway.

Same here. The rings are useful for giving you info about the things you're probably more likely to actually be looking at in combat (your target, not your status/action bars), but I leave mine off because it looks tacky in screenshots and /demorecords
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think it was a pretty nice touch. Plus, it's nice that we can still turn the shield rings off if we don't care for it.