test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - September 30, 2011

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20110926a.10

General:
  • Fix for a map wide crash that was effecting most of our users.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm one of most of your users, and I say: Thank You!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    i second that. getting dropped and loses progression is annoying
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Thank you. "Early Bugs get the Trolls"!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    great fix :D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I, for one, welcome our new and improved with less disconnections TTS Overlord. Or at least I will when I get home from work in..errr...2 and a quarter hours.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Any news on the "Not enough Dilithium to get Cmdr ship" problem?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firix wrote:

And this is precisely why getting rid of free ship tokens before the new economy take effect was a *horrible* idea. Though, I can't say I am totally shocked by the lack of forethought.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cool, cool. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Personally I really think they should keep the ship tokens as they were originally. What's going to happen now, is that a lot of players are going to save the Dilithium by holding onto their current ship for longer.

Retaining the tokens means they still get new ships but don't need Dilithium.. this won't be an issue if the ship is valued at zero if brought with a token.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Whatever the patch corrected apparantly did not correct the Azura.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ship tokens kinda TRIBBLE you if you don't use then. if you don't use them you can't get the next tier promotion. eg. don’t use at Comm. unless you use it you can't get your Capt. promotion perks or ship token
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Next, ESD load times need to be handled. It's only going to get worse when you add Gold members who have priority.

If you can get lift the 15 min logout limit when someone is on a loading screen, that would probably help.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    OtakuboyT wrote: »
    Ship tokens kinda TRIBBLE you if you don't use then. if you don't use them you can't get the next tier promotion. eg. don’t use at Comm. unless you use it you can't get your Capt. promotion perks or ship token

First, why wouldn't you use them? I'm honestly asking here. Even if I didn't want the next tier ship, I bought it just to clear the token - for example, the Tier 3 science ship. I hate the looks of it, so I buy one, decomission it, (after stripping it for parts) and buy a Nebula-class. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Second, perhaps instead of a token for a ship, a discount is applied? Or hell, just fix the dilithium Quinn gives you - for example, at Lieutenant Commander you get enough to buy a new ship, but at Commander you need to have more, and I'm given to understand that it gets worse as you rank up. Forget trying to buy any of what was the exploration gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firix wrote:

Aye, wtf were they thinking, how could something like this not be picked up beforehand? :rolleyes:
    Zanshi wrote: »
    And this is precisely why getting rid of free ship tokens before the new economy take effect was a *horrible* idea. Though, I can't say I am totally shocked by the lack of forethought.

Yep, im not surprised either. Just shows how unproffesional cryptic is at even the basics :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ^ I am starting to believe it is an intended change. They want you to do the alternate means of making up the difference - only issue is exploration etc is not handing out dilithium at this time to make it work.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    all merit rewards are supposed to be dilithium too aswell as pvp, so just wait for that to come and i think the lack of dili will be a minor issue (u'll have to do explo missions maybe 3-4 times / rank)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I might be willing to come to try again for testing once the bugs I am experiencing are dealt with so I can actually play. I will know this when I see a 50 page release note showing all the bugs that have been fixed. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TO all Devs thx for allowing us to enjoy this F2P server. The duty officer has been helpful in sapce and ground combat. I'm following the Diplomatic route becasue I enjoy bringing different parties to one common agreement that all can benefit from when compremizing. Leveling up is no problem. I've tried and tried to get the PvP'ers over on holodeck to play on F2P. Their lost and our gain (knowledge) when F2P comes on line. I'm curious, what happens to the toon we created in F2P test server? Will he/she be moved on over to Holodeck? Or will Holodeck move on over to F2P? Those are questions we are asking.

Thanks Devs
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    how does the dilithium crystals work cause it say i have 0 i just want to get out of the miranda
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm curious, what happens to the toon we created in F2P test server? Will he/she be moved on over to Holodeck? Or will Holodeck move on over to F2P? Those are questions we are asking.

I'm not a dev, but I can answer those questions.

Characters created on Tribble stay on Tribble, period. They may get deleted if it's deemed necessary by the devs, and/or they want to ensure we're testing something from the start of the game (like they are now).

When Free-to-Play hits Holodeck. your Holodeck characters will remain available - I think the most direct change to them will be graphical changes and the economic changes - badges/marks becoming dilithium, for example.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    how does the dilithium crystals work cause it say i have 0 i just want to get out of the miranda

When you make LTC1 you get a stipend of 70K from Admirla Quinn to buy your new ship.