test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vault - Static

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So the D'deridex ship wont die. Neither will the Lhasa. Bugged?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In the static ... you need to kill the Scorpions first before the Reman battleship becomes vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I did that. Was very weird. I waited 5 minutes and retried, the same thing happened again but this time randomly the mission ended. Guess a GM responded.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Sometimes Scorpions cloak and wont uncloack until you are back in their weapons range, so try flying around the D'deridex until that last one decides to show up..
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I found that if you hit the group of fighters with a peng and destroy them too quickly, the D'deridex goes down to zero health but wont explode.

A work around is just to take the fighters out with your beams/cannons and dont use a torp on them.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I've also had problems with the scorpion fighters and pengs. I now try to kill at least the first one without a torp. I've also found that it sometimes won't work if I attack the D'deridex after killing the fighters, so I just park my shuttle and send engineering teams to the Lhasa until the fight ends.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, sounds like ya must be using Harg'Pengs...don't, use a Quantum or Photon instead.
    Something about them bugs out the end of the Vault.
    Been that way since they released them to the Klingons (surprised?)
    File bug reports everytime it happens, maybe if they get enough of them, they'll fix it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I encountered the problem on a new alt last night. Let the scorpion shoot you a bit - do not kill them right away. Something about killing them fast causes the Big D to go buggy and it will not die.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    i had this same problem last night.

Took out the scorpion fighters with the new torp spread, used quantums, an' had a right mare with the boss. got it down to zero but couldn't kill it.

Ended up droppin' the mission after 10 min's of gettin' nowhere.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    i had this same problem last night.

Took out the scorpion fighters with the new torp spread, used quantums, an' had a right mare with the boss. got it down to zero but couldn't kill it.

Ended up droppin' the mission after 10 min's of gettin' nowhere.
    You do not have to drop it. You simply need to log out - or log into another character - for about 10 minutes to give the system a chance to reset. Then go back to the character. You would have exited the Vault and been right back at the start of that section of the mission. Then simply do not shoot the Scorpions too fast and it will end quite easily. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    thanks for the info cosmic.

i admit didn't realise that was wat u had to do. all i did was warp out then warped back in.

now i feel really dumb? :D
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    The system is designed to put you back in at the start of any mission segment you leave from. It is set that way in case you lose internet or server crash. That way you do not need to redo the whole missions: just the segment you were doing at the time of the problem. :)

That might save you a little grinding for next time. :)
  • Options
    pedro#4311 pedro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, it's 2023 and running into this same bug again. I used the in-game bug report and they told me to come post in the forums.

So, I've tried:
    - Using different shuttles
    - Slowly killing the Scorpios, they've killed me in a couple of occasions.
    - Not using torpedoes
    - Using only cannons.
    - Using only phasers.
    - Have logged out and back in.
    - Have left the mission back to sector space and back in.

The enemy ship won't blow up, and the allied ship just stops fighting and resets to its original positions.

I'm to the point that I'll have to grind patrol missions until I can do some of the higher side quests and not continue the story.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.