test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aenar/Andorian City

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This is a picture of an aenar city. I would imagine that andorian cities share a similar style.

I think one of these would look amazing for andoria as a social zone. Much like SFA hook it up to the foundry and maybe even have a fleet action there, or a story mission or something.

This is cleary not a high priority but i think it would be fun to see.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It would be pretty awesome to have some actual architecture on Andoria. The outdoor zone is very large, but it could use some more distinctive landmarks. Perhaps some small outdoor buildings could hint at this sort of saucer-pod architecture. But a full city would be pretty cool if they have the time to do it.

That said, what do you think mainstream Andorian cities look like in comparison? The Aenar live in a particularly harsh northern region, but nearly all of Andoria is cold enough to have underground cities. Maybe more equatorial cities have some running water and are in rocky rather than icy caves. Kind of like a giant hot spring spa, underground.

The Aenar architecture would seem to have mainline Andorian influence, as a blind species wouldn't have much of a use for illuminated windows. Heat lamps and balconies, maybe, and sculptures they can 'feel' with their minds. I find it interesting that the saucer buildings look like K7-style space stations, perhaps that's where the space station architecture originated.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Considering that Andorians seem to be the 2nd most popular race in sto (orions I think are #1), I think this is a good idea! Also Andorians live above ground so I dont think they have the same pod-people approach to architecture... I dont recall what the buildings in Among the Clans looked like (if there were any), so I could be wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    Considering that Andorians seem to be the 2nd most popular race in sto (orions I think are #1), I think this is a good idea! Also Andorians live above ground so I dont think they have the same pod-people approach to architecture... I dont recall what the buildings in Among the Clans looked like (if there were any), so I could be wrong.

You know, I would love a DEV comment on the most popular races.

Of course, I have no doubt that "Alien" is in fact most popular, but I would love to see the rankings.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Anyone remember the underground city from "Caretaker", Voyager's Pilot episode? I would think that that matte painting could also be an insparation for an Andorian City. Below is a link to the Memory Alpha article on the Ocampa City. I was thinking the upper pitcure on the left could work as a stand-in.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ocampa_(planet)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    As a fan of Andorians I'd love to see this.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    nice city ...

... but poor cryptic for programming this :D