What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Space Nine Development Help for Devs

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but it would really be better if the merchants had variable Uncommon & Rare items for sale and even the occasional Very Rare Item. But it should be like the exchange in one way, once it is sold then it is gone .... This would make it a little more like DS9 because the merchants were getting in and selling different stuff all the time ....

Just my 2¢.......Thanks ... Tommy
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    superlink1 wrote: »
    On Topic:
    me too i would love to have that DS9 Theme Music outside of DS9

off topic: To take theme music a step further, how about the Voyager theme when they open the Delta Quadrant
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Katic wrote: »
    I am in agreement with many here, the KDF should not get access to DS9. However, if the Empire is "advancing" and traveling throughout the quadrant, I don't see why the Empire wouldn't establish forward operations bases.

For example, Empok Nor.

It would only require the alteration of one Fed mission (The Long Night) And many of the existing (or revamped) art assets could be used.

Throw a captured Romulan Station in the Iota Pavonis Sector block, the "diplomacy" system with similar Transwarp rewards (Ganalda, Empok Nor, ~Romulan Station~), and the KDF will begin to look like a force to be reckoned with as far as facilities and supply lines go.

As to DS9 Revamp suggestions:

• De-instance and redo Quarks, throw in some HoloSuite mini-instances with unique social (Vics) and combat (Jadzias Klingon Exercise program) areas.
    • Move Ship services to a Cargo Bay on the Docking ring, accessible via rolling gear-doors, altering our ships and purchasing new gear for them should be done there, changing ships should be done from Ops via an arrival and departures Officer. Also, we should beam into a Cardassian Transporter room in the cargo ring, not the Promenade, not Ops.
    • DS9 in the shows had a Bank, Vash used it, it was robbed once (I think) and we should be using it to access our bank.
    • Long range communications (mail) should be handled via many different consoles and interfaces throughout the station, there will be Mail kiosks all over Qonos when Season 4 hits, it was a brilliant idea, all location revamps from this point on should utilize that idea.
    • Of all the places to have a Vulcan Tailor.. Make it a Cardassian, give him/her a real shop with opening/closing doors, and move the Vulcan to, well, Vulcan.
    • I don't know if the tech is in for this, but working lifts between the primary and overhanging promenades, and stairs in Quarks, there shouldn't even be the slightest blink of a loading screen to move from one floor to the next. :D
    • On that thought, diversify/spread the shops available between the outer circumference of the lower level, and the inner circumference of the upper level, give us a reason to move up & down as well as around.
    • Furthermore, the windows around the Upper level of the promenade should show three different pylons, at three different places around the promenade, a view of a docked Federation ship (inspired by the new KDF Shipyard) would not be a bad idea at all (I'm hoping to see a Nomad Class docked to Upper Pylon 3 myself).
    • The Klingon Restaurant.. :rolleyes: Maybe not. But, a Bolian or Andorian Restaurant perhaps? Basically, a food vendor, with a few random uncommon foods thrown in.
    • Odos Security Office and the Brig, should be visitable, at least, maybe with a drunken Cardassian bemoaning the glory days of Cardassia before the Federation/Dominion/whoever-they-blame ruined it all.
    • More Bajoran religious indications, this is DS9, the nearest point to the Celestial Temple, and former Command of the Emissary himself. One tiny underused shrine would not be enough, this is Bajors Temple Mount.
    I do disagree with having ship services (tailor/new gear) in a different place from ship selector. Keep them in the same vicinity. A Docking ring Cargo Bay is great, just don't make me have to travel all the way to Ops to get in my minty new ship. Just put a kiosk there that "rings-up" the Ops' Departure Officer. I suppose if you want to RP, then sure, put that DO in Ops too, and you can walk there. But if I can send communications across a galaxy, I shouldn't have any problem getting Johnny on the line from across the station to give me whatever clearance I need to launch. I shouldn't be forced to have to change rooms to change my ship after it's been outfitted.

Otherwise, I love the rest of these ideas for DS9. I especially agree it needs to be one instance (except possibly holosuites, of course).

And giving the KDF an outpost somewhere in "Fed space" would be cool!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd like to help and so would my brother.

My brother is known as "The Ferrengi Guy" in screen props circles as he collects actual screen used costumes from the show.

In fact, here he is in a photo shoot for Chris Pine:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9000000/GQ-shot-chris-pine-9060149-600-407.jpg

That's him an one of Quarks costumes, I believe. Not a re-make but the real deal. In any case, he has made it clear he'd be OK with me taking hi-res images of the costumes to give to the developers to help them with design.

I have found that the actual screen-used Ferrengi costumes to be the most intricate and well-made. Good stuff.

/I'd love to help
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd like to help and so would my brother.

My brother is known as "The Ferrengi Guy" in screen props circles as he collects actual screen used costumes from the show.

In fact, here he is in a photo shoot for Chris Pine:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9000000/GQ-shot-chris-pine-9060149-600-407.jpg

That's him an one of Quarks costumes, I believe. Not a re-make but the real deal. In any case, he has made it clear he'd be OK with me taking hi-res images of the costumes to give to the developers to help them with design.

I have found that the actual screen-used Ferrengi costumes to be the most intricate and well-made. Good stuff.

/I'd love to help

that's pretty cool and great. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am totally against having Bajoran uniforms on DS9. As has been said, hard canon stated that the Bajoran Militia was going to be absorbed into Starfleet upon Bajors admittance into the Federation. Even if it hadn't, or if Bajor kept it's Militia for domestic security, there still wouldn't be any Bajoran Militia officers on DS9 because in the year 2409 DS9 is a Starfleet station. (As opposed to what it was on the show: a Bajoran owned, Starfleet administrated station)

People say that the commander of DS9 could decide to allow the 25th century Bajoran Starfleet officers serving on DS9 to wear 24th century Bajoran Militia uniforms. Only player captains can decide what crazy uniforms to give their crew. NPC Starfleet captains are limited to the 25th century Starfleet uniforms.

However the "Uniforms" (and I use that term loosely) in STO are a mess. I say that Cryptic should just completely scrap any semblance of having uniforms in game. So when you visit Admiral Quinn in his office he should be wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. Some NPC captains should wear blue jeans and a "go climb a rock" shirt. Random NPC's on Memory Alpha and K-7 should be going about their duties wearing Viking outfits and 20th century tuxedoes. And hell, why not have the engineer officer on DS9 sitting at his post in Ops wearing a World War 2 British Spitfire flight suit.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MrJ wrote:
    I am totally against having Bajoran uniforms on DS9. As has been said, hard canon stated that the Bajoran Militia was going to be absorbed into Starfleet upon Bajors admittance into the Federation. Even if it hadn't, or if Bajor kept it's Militia for domestic security, there still wouldn't be any Bajoran Militia officers on DS9 because in the year 2409 DS9 is a Starfleet station. (As opposed to what it was on the show: a Bajoran owned, Starfleet administrated station)

People say that the commander of DS9 could decide to allow the 25th century Bajoran Starfleet officers serving on DS9 to wear 24th century Bajoran Militia uniforms. Only player captains can decide what crazy uniforms to give their crew. NPC Starfleet captains are limited to the 25th century Starfleet uniforms.

However the "Uniforms" (and I use that term loosely) in STO are a mess. I say that Cryptic should just completely scrap any semblance of having uniforms in game. So when you visit Admiral Quinn in his office he should be wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. Some NPC captains should wear blue jeans and a "go climb a rock" shirt. Random NPC's on Memory Alpha and K-7 should be going about their duties wearing Viking outfits and 20th century tuxedoes. And hell, why not have the engineer officer on DS9 sitting at his post in Ops wearing a World War 2 British Spitfire flight suit.

hey they are not mess, they are just going to fix it later on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I do disagree with having ship services (tailor/new gear) in a different place from ship selector. Keep them in the same vicinity. A Docking ring Cargo Bay is great, just don't make me have to travel all the way to Ops to get in my minty new ship. Just put a kiosk there that "rings-up" the Ops' Departure Officer. I suppose if you want to RP, then sure, put that DO in Ops too, and you can walk there. But if I can send communications across a galaxy, I shouldn't have any problem getting Johnny on the line from across the station to give me whatever clearance I need to launch. I shouldn't be forced to have to change rooms to change my ship after it's been outfitted.

Otherwise, I love the rest of these ideas for DS9. I especially agree it needs to be one instance (except possibly holosuites, of course).

And giving the KDF an outpost somewhere in "Fed space" would be cool!

I understand where you're coming from. And I have an idea.

It's been suggested several times by several people that when we launch a new ship for the first time, we should get a minor cut-scene, sort of like the Enterprise flyby from TMP* that showed off the Refit changes to the 1701.

What if, we did that, but, at DS9, you could either switch ships and launch as normal from the docking ring via console comms with Ops, or, if you go to Ops personally, you get to watch a DS9 undocking sequence cut-scene with your ship?

That way, we can maybe have a way to have our cake & eat it too?

*I do apologize for this version using "Enterprising young Men" from the ST2009 Soundtrack, it's the only video I could find in short order of the proper sequence that hadn't been redone (badly) by someone else in CGI.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MrJ wrote:

Like it or not, the game takes place in the soft canon universe where pretty much any uniform is allowed. On the plus side, we can have control over what our captain and bridge officers (and eventually regular ship crew) wear. On the down side, whenever we see other players we're almost sure to be in different uniforms and it loses the uniformity seen on the TV shows and movies.

A few NPCs in Bajoran uniforms are not going to ruin anyone's life or sense of immersion more than what's already there, just like having NPCs in the open jacket (Club 47) and Seven of Nine uniform (Drozana) are not a big deal.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Like it or not, the game takes place in the soft canon universe where pretty much any uniform is allowed. On the plus side, we can have control over what our captain and bridge officers (and eventually regular ship crew) wear. On the down side, whenever we see other players we're almost sure to be in different uniforms and it loses the uniformity seen on the TV shows and movies.

A few NPCs in Bajoran uniforms are not going to ruin anyone's life or sense of immersion more than what's already there, just like having NPCs in the open jacket (Club 47) and Seven of Nine uniform (Drozana) are not a big deal.

pretty much everything in game is soft canon. not "lore" or "hardcore canon" right?
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Great point. I totally agree.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Urge to ruin people's immersion...RISING... :rolleyes:

I enjoy STO for what it is. It's a digital playground for Star Trek fans to enjoy the Star Trek universe their own way, interact with other fans, and share their experiences and adventures.

...Just watch out for Canon TRIBBLE. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Brozan wrote: »
    No we should not see Bajoran uniforms, the Militia was absorbed into starfleet.

Right, because the Army and Navy wear the exact same unifor... oh wait, they don't.. So I guess ground personnel (like Army or 'station guards') *could* wear something totally different than Star Fleet shipboard uniforms (or Navy uniforms).
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Brozan wrote: »
    No we should not see Bajoran uniforms, the Militia was absorbed into starfleet.

all of my suggestions have aleady been posted, commander's office, Odo's office, Infirmiry, NPC traffic etc.

OPS always seemed reasonably accurate to me aside from the mian OPS Table and some missing cardassian chairs.

More things that can hook ot the foundry is always good too.

Federation Ground Combat Uniform.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

The game takes place in soft canon but it still has it's own canon. It is established in game that Bajor joined the Federation. We all know that once that happened the Bajoran Militia became part of Starfleet. Yes there are a ridiculous amount of uniforms on NPCs in game, but at least it is a consistent level of ridiculous. The NPCs wondering around ESD, Memory Alpha, Star base 39, K7, DS9 etc... all wear the same various uniforms because they belong to the same organization.

The Game also takes place in the year 2409. I am not a role player, but I know that there are those who are. And some of them like to pretend that it is the 22nd, 23rd, or 24th centuries. But those of us who play "Star Trek Online" and not "Star Trek DS9 Online" or "Star Trek The Original Series Online" like a consistent, coherent and believable world to play in. By having ships of all eras flying around and NPCs wearing all eras of uniforms, it is no longer Star Trek Online but rather "Star Trek Convention Online".

If the Bajoran NPCs on DS9 start wearing Bajoran Militia uniforms, then I say that the NPCs on Earth Space Dock should all wear Wrath of Khan uniforms and on K-7 they should all wear TOS uniforms and the NPCs on SB-39 should wear TNG uniforms, because if the NPC commander of one station can just say "F*ck it" and have his/her crew wear whatever, then why not on every starbase.

Also, I want to see K-7 infested with Tribbles, wall to wall and storage compartments busting with Tribbles, even though the infestation was dealt with almost 150 year ago.
    And Memory Alpha should be attacked by Zetarians who kill every NPC and Player there every few hours, even though that problem was also dealt with.
    And the Caretaker should randomly abduct players in the Badlands and send them to the Delta Quadrant, even though the Caretaker is dead and it's array was destroyed 38 years ago.
    Because if we are going to have something as ridiculous as Bajoran Militia uniforms on DS9 because some players want it to look just like it did 34 years ago, why not have all the other iconic places in STO looking just like they did the first/last time we saw them, regardless of how illogical in a game storyline it is?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Destinii wrote:
    Right, because the Army and Navy wear the exact same unifor... oh wait, they don't..

Well, not exactly the same but close.

Army: http://defense-update.com/images_lr/acp_uniform.jpg

Navy: http://civilianmilitaryintelligencegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/new_usn_uniform.jpg
    Destinii wrote:
    So I guess ground personnel (like Army or 'station guards') *could* wear something totally different than Star Fleet shipboard uniforms (or Navy uniforms).

You mean like

Army or 'station guards': http://jadzia.co.uk/images/ST-DS9.jpg

and

Star Fleet shipboard uniforms (or Navy uniforms): http://www.xscapesprops.com/star%20trek%20props/tng_voyager_era_uniforms/TNG_Uniform_Mens.jpg

That is a far cry from Starfleet uniforms: http://eagle.pegasusfleet.net/reference/equipment/Uniform_2370s.jpg

and one from a completely foreign military: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fOd1VCJfhYg/TbZ7-3cnOEI/AAAAAAAADa8/4Jhl8N9Ejs8/s1600/STO+Bajorans.jpg

My point is that we have seen Starfleet stations have different uniforms than Starfleet ships before, but not so different as to look like different organizations.

And even if the Bajoran Militia hadn't gotten absorbed into Starfleet (which it was) and been kept as a "National Guard" type organization it's uniforms would be as different from Starfleet uniforms as the US Army uniform is from the National Guard uniform.

For example

US army uniform: http://defense-update.com/images_lr/acp_uniform.jpg

National Guard unit on parade: http://newsblaze.com/pix/2008/0526/pix/uncasing_the_guidon.jpg

Not that different.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MrJ wrote:
    Well, not exactly the same but close.

For example

US army uniform: http://defense-update.com/images_lr/acp_uniform.jpg

National Guard unit on parade: http://newsblaze.com/pix/2008/0526/pix/uncasing_the_guidon.jpg

Not that different.

You have missed the most important part of the uniform problem:
    The Fegeral government CAN NOT dictate the uniform a STATE chooses for it's Militia (National Guard)!
    2nd Amendment.
    The Federal Government says that if a State wishes to Volunteer it's National Guard for Federal service, then the Stae must provide for needed uniforms and equipment IF the lended to branch of service REQUIRES it.
    I have personally seen 4 differant uniforms worm by the U.S. Army in Baghdad. With an additional type introduced in Afghanistan that won't see "Stateside" service, and will be phased out at or near the end of that operation.
    And currently, the U.S. Army is looking at 4 new designs to replace the current ACU duty uniform, with the 4 differant designs to be used at the same time.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    This may be a stretch, but I think it isn't too far of a stretch. Take the NBA or NFL, they have standard 2011 jerseys -- but sometimes one team will wear a "throwback" jersey from the 1960s. Not all teams do this at the same time, so one team wears the 2011 jersey while the other team wears the 1960s jersey -- and the game somehow manages to continue.

If you want want to get rid of the Bajoran uniforms, and get rid of the ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9/VOY uniforms, and limit ALL players to a single uniform design, then I do not want to play the same game you want to play. I want the variety and ability to choose.

And don't even try to tell me that seeing this girl wearing a TNG uniform, and that guy wearing a TOS uniform, and this other person wearing a Bajoran uniform breaks your immersion, since these are all CANON uniforms, and I have seen:

Yoda
    Batman
    Joker (Cesar Romero *and* Heath Ledger versions)
    Spider-Man
    Na'vi from Avatar
    Papa Smurf
    Klingon Santa
    Mr. T
    etc. etc.

all running around ESD and Qo'noS. That totally destroys immersion compared to a Bajoran or TOS uniform. Not all of those are dependent on the uniform options. You can use any tunic and still make PapaSmurf-in-regulation-Starfleet uniform. If you restrict the uniforms, players will still stretch character creation as far as possible. So instead of Jake Sully from Avatar wearing a TNG or Bajoran uniform, Jake Sully from Avatar is wearing whatever single uniform you force everyone to wear. Is that really any better?

I suppose those who are against the Bajoran uniforms also do not want the 21st Century off-duty clothes, since it's 2409 after all. The Mercenary costume should not be allowed either right? Everyone should be forced to conform to a small group of players' viewpoint of what the uniforms should be, right?

So much for IDIC. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. Nope, everyone has to be cookie-cutter clones. If that were the case, I would never, never, never play Starfleet ever again -- or STO for that matter.

This is a GAME. A Massively-Multiplayer-Online-GAME. I will fork over real money for an Old West outfit like Sheriff Worf, "Durango", and Joe Falling Hawk if they offered it in the C-Store. I will hand Cryptic cold hard cash (ok credit card) for an outfit like Zefram Cochrane from Star Trek: First Contact. I want my Klingon general to be able to wear the puffy leather outfit of General Chang. Because this is a GAME. Some days, with some characters, I want to play strictly 2409 ships/costumes, other days I want to put on a TNG tunic and fly around in my saucer-separated Galaxy-Refit while I watch re-runs of TNG.

If you absolutely hate the Bajoran/TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY uniforms, don't play with those players who wear them. But do not try to force me to play by your rules or your viewpoint, when I am paying MY hard-earned money to play this game.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    very interesting questions :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Man these are all cool ideas for DS9, I hope Dev's are reading these post to and make a list off all the cool Ideas you guys listed here, I think let's see and wait what they come up with ?

Greets
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    While I would have preferred an actually uniform for players and NPCs to wear, that ship has sailed a long time ago. What I am talking about is not limiting players and their crews choices in the ridiculous costumes they can wear in this game. But limiting the NPCs in the social areas so they all wear 25th century Starfleet uniforms. I don't care (anymore) if other players what to run around in hot pink TOS shirts and All Good Things pants. But the NPCs in social zones should wear 25th century Starfleet uniforms, that includes the Bajorn Starfleet NPCs on DS9.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    • I think it's time they introduce a new class Defiant if it has too fight the Borg !!!
    • Also station defences should be up and running
    • Also DS9 should have the ability too fire off cloaking tractor beams too hold an Borg ship.
    • When in combat DS9 should have a smart AI too help the player .
    • They also should make dailies around DS9 .
    • Lot more diplomatic interactions.

Greets :eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    There has been much discussion about the Bajoran and other uniforms. While this is a valid discussion, it is a bit of a digression. I will alter course and return to the original topic to offer suggestions for an update to the Deep Space 9 Station.

Here are some notes I took after docking at an upper pylon and strolling around the Promenade.

EXTERIOR
    • Include some Danube-class runabouts flying around the station, just a few. One is too few, 5 may be too many, so somewhere between two and four. Maybe one flying real close to the station, and one or two flying a bit further out. (They should be runabouts, not Type-8s etc.)
    • Include a Miranda class ship docked at an upper pylon. In honor of the USS Saratoga NCC-31911
    • Add a large ship, like a Galaxy or Excelsior, patrolling around the station (at about 10Km out from the center of the station), since it is a time of war with the Klingons, and threats abound from the Borg, TrueWay, Terran Empire, etc. etc. While you are at it, toss in a Ferengi Marauder for good measure (War is good for business)
    • Add a generic freighter docked at the docking ring, and a generic alien frigate or cruiser docked at one of the lower pylons
    • Add blinking pulsating lights to the station like we see on the saucers of the Federation ships.
    • change the brown nebula to a purple nebula

INTERIOR
    • Morn!
    • Put Bajorans, both in uniforms and off-duty/civilian clothes, inside the Bajoran temple praying and meditating.
    • Remove the KDF uniforms from the Klingon/Nausicaan/Gorn merchants. Regardless of the status of the peace treaty, no KDF officer would ever be a merchant, and a Klingon merchant would never wear the KDF uniform.
    • Add the Promenade Directory Image / More Images
    • While not always present, DS9's Promenade sometimes had a strip of yellow neon lighting along the upper level. (Seen Here, but Not Seen Here). In the game, this could be used to section off portions of the Promenade to make navigating the station a little more easier, such as players being able to say "Tailor is in the Blue section", or "Shipyard is in the Yellow section". It would also serve as one more way to add a splash of color.

EDIT: Additional Entries for INTERIOR
    • Add Non-Instanced Constable's Office on Promenade level
    • Add Habitat Ring Interior, with a few accessible (non-instanced) rooms: could be used for diplomatic missions, Foundry missions. This could be like the ship interiors, where from the Promenade you go to the big red turbolift door and you get options for "Turbolift to Habitat Ring", "Turbolift to Cargo Bay", etc.
    • Add a Cargo Bay
    • from inside the station, we should be able to see the runabouts and other ships mentioned above flying around (or at least one or two stationary generic freighters or frigates.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just a few comments relating to some earlier arguments:

The purple nebula is in fact, not a nebula, but the Denorios Belt, a plasma field where the Wormhole is located.

If you want to use the Bajoran Militia uniforms, why not just make them (or a modern variant) the official uniforms of the Bajoran Civilian police force, you could explain away their presence on DS9 by claiming that DS9 was a largely civilian port with starfleet facilities.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MrJ wrote:
    While I would have preferred an actually uniform for players and NPCs to wear, that ship has sailed a long time ago. What I am talking about is not limiting players and their crews choices in the ridiculous costumes they can wear in this game. But limiting the NPCs in the social areas so they all wear 25th century Starfleet uniforms. I don't care (anymore) if other players what to run around in hot pink TOS shirts and All Good Things pants. But the NPCs in social zones should wear 25th century Starfleet uniforms, that includes the Bajorn Starfleet NPCs on DS9.

I have no problem with this, and actually prefer it. NPCs and vendors in social hubs (and just about everywhere else) should wear standard 2409 uniforms, and therefore Starfleet NPCs on DS9 should wear the standard 2409 Starfleet uniform (even Bajoran NPCs); although the generic NPCs that walk around the halls of the player's ship interiors should be customized by the player (all of them wearing a set uniform such as TOS, TNG etc, not picking a mixture).

Currently, are there any instances of NPCs and vendors wearing the TOS/TNG/etc uniforms?

As a point of clarification, this whole time, I have been discussing PLAYER uniforms, and have not been meaning that the generic NPCs walking around DS9 should be wearing the Bajoran uniforms (although I would probably put at least one Bajoran NPC wearing a Bajoran uniform inside the Bajoran temple room, as it makes sense there might be a local/state militia member (not enlisted in Starfleet) who would go pray and meditate in the temple on DS9.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Katic wrote: »
    ...What if, we did that, but, at DS9, you could either switch ships and launch as normal from the docking ring via console comms with Ops, or, if you go to Ops personally, you get to watch a DS9 undocking sequence cut-scene with your ship?

That way, we can maybe have a way to have our cake & eat it too?...
    MMMmmm... Cake and eat it too... I like the way you think, kid! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Then it was quiet on this post
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It would be cool if they had a holosuite where you could go and meet up with your friends for some one on on or groupe PvP/PvE Make special Holosuite programs that are only available through the DS9 holosuite. Id like to go in there and partake in the Battle of Britain :-D even better THE ALAMO
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    rlaffargue wrote:
    It would be cool if they had a holosuite where you could go and meet up with your friends for some one on on or groupe PvP/PvE Make special Holosuite programs that are only available through the DS9 holosuite. Id like to go in there and partake in the Battle of Britain :-D even better THE ALAMO

It would be awesome if the STO Foundry let you designate your mission/map as Holosuite-Only, so you would have to go to DS9 and enter a "holosuite" to run the mission/map, similar to the way you approach the main turbolift on the promenade and are prompted with "Go to Operations" or "Go to Upper Level". You would approach the holosuite door, and be prompted with a "Enter Holosuite" button, when you click that you get a window listing the available holosuite programs (much like the list of available Foundry missions).

These maps could be mission-based like the existing Foundry mission, or just for socializing along the lines of Vic Fontaine's club or a customized variation on Club 47.

I would not expect this to take high priority on the development cycle as there are many more pressing issues, but it could be a fun expansion of the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    rlaffargue wrote:

Holodecks were quite a big part of DS9 from Vics all the way to Baseball. I'd like DS9 to have lots of rooms including pretty much everything from the show if possible. It needs admirals offices and an accurate control room with the crappy lift they had.