The Program ("Star Trek Online") contains certain design, programming and processing utilities, tools, assets and other resources ("The Foundry") for use with the Program that allow you to create customized new game levels and other related game materials for personal use in connection with the Program ("New Game Materials"). The use of the Foundry is subject to the following additional license restrictions:
New Game Materials may be created only if such New Game Materials can be used exclusively in combination with the online version of the Program. New Game Materials may not be designed to be used as a stand-alone product.
New Game Materials you create using the Foundry are subject to the following rules and restrictions:
Star Trek Properties are defined as including:
- Star Trek - The Original Series
- Star Trek - The Next Generation
- Star Trek - Deep Space Nine
- Star Trek - Voyager
- Star Trek - Enterprise
- Star Trek - The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn
- Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek - Generations
- Star Trek - First Contact
- Star Trek - Insurrection
- Star Trek - Nemesis
New Game Materials may utilize the Star Trek Properties as provided by CBS and Cryptic Studios unless otherwise specified in the Prohibited Section below. You may use the names of characters (past or present) from the Star Trek Properties.
Prohibited Uses of the Star Trek Properties:
- You may not use the first or last names, likenesses, or other depictions of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties.
- You may not use copyrighted content from the Properties, including but not limited to web content, promotional materials (posters, advertisements) or existing licensed merchandise (novels, trading cards, figurines).
Other Prohibited uses of New Game Materials published using The Foundry:
- You may not use New Game Materials to endorse or appose any political party, association (e.g., republican, democrat, candidates, or otherwise) or any side of any issue.
- You may not use New Game Materials to depict a likeness of any real person (historical or present day).
- You may not use New Game Materials to advertise any businesses, products or services of any party.
- You may not publish web URLs in your content.
- You may not use New Game Materials to convey any profanity, vulgar, hate language explicit sexual language, derogatory references to race, gender, religion, age, mental or physical impairment, obesity or sexual orientation, or reference any drugs (legal or illicit) or medication.
- You many not make use of any copyrighted or trademarked material of third parties, and only may use the Star Trek Properties as explicitly defined in this agreement, without irrevocable licenses granted specifically for that purpose
- You may not use New Game Materials to infringe on the rights of privacy and publicity of third parties.
Cryptic Studios and CBS reserve the right to remove any New Game Materials for any reason at any time, without providing cause or recompense.
You agree that, all New Game Materials produced using the Foundry becomes the property of Cryptic Studios, to use as they see fit.
As a condition to your using the Foundry, you will not use or allow third parties to use the Foundry or New Game Materials created by you for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to selling, renting, leasing, licensing, distributing, or otherwise transferring the ownership of such New Game Materials, whether on a standalone basis or packaged in combination with the New Game Materials created by others, through any and all distribution channels, including, without limitation, retail sales and on-line electronic distribution. You agree not to solicit, initiate or encourage any proposal or offer from any person or entity to create any New Game Materials for comercial distribution. You agree to promptly inform Cryptic Studios in writing of any instances of your receipt of any such proposal or offer. If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge.