Panana Bhone! :D
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    strawberry of course
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I mised the place I get my strawberry waffle by 20 minutes today. :( I swear, this place has some of the worst hours ever! 7AM to 3PM Monday to Friday and 8AM to 4PM Saturday and Sunday.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    I mised the place I get my strawberry waffle by 20 minutes today. :( I swear, this place has some of the worst hours ever! 7AM to 3PM Monday to Friday and 8AM to 4PM Saturday and Sunday.

That..... is the most absurd schedule I have ever seen... :confused:
    edited August 2012
    That..... is the most absurd schedule I have ever seen... :confused:

You're telling me! I headed up there and got there about 20 minutes to 4PM today and they were getting ready to close. These things are pretty big also. They make a better late lunch than anything. I'd gladly have one for supper but they aren't open during supper hours.
    edited August 2012
    You're telling me! I headed up there and got there about 20 minutes to 4PM today and they were getting ready to close. These things are pretty big also. They make a better late lunch than anything. I'd gladly have one for supper but they aren't open during supper hours.

I have never heard of an eatery doing that. How bizarre.....
    edited August 2012
    The owner says it's dead from 3PM to 8PM so they decided a while back to just start closing up at 3PM. The place isn't even a year old and it's not the in greatest location. I have nevedr seen any form of advertisement for the place either. If I had to guess, the owner is new at running a business.
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I can see things beeing dead 3 PM to round 5 PM, but anything after that is fair game
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
    edited August 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    I can see things beeing dead 3 PM to round 5 PM, but anything after that is fair game

I think the main issue is their menu. They have all day breakfast and all day lunch but really nothing dinner oriented. Burgers, wraps, and sandwiches is about the extent of their menu that isn't breakfast. Other than the bacon cheeseburger at 7AM, I prefer having a strawberry waffle for supper! :D
    edited August 2012
    I think the main issue is their menu. They have all day breakfast and all day lunch but really nothing dinner oriented. Burgers, wraps, and sandwiches is about the extent of their menu that isn't breakfast. Other than the bacon cheeseburger at 7AM, I prefer having a strawberry waffle for supper! :D

I know of a lot of places here that don't have a dinner menu and are still open most of the day :D
    edited August 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    I know of a lot of places here that don't have a dinner menu and are still open most of the day :D

Yeah! Maybe it's just the people in my neighborhood but I'm guessing it's more of a lack of advertisement on their part. It used to be a donut shop and the signage on the place isn't very big either. Walking or driving by it, it doesn't look any different than it did when it was a coffee ship. The one door that has the best visibility and access is the one they don't use so it always looks closed. The enterance being at the side, most people would miss that walking by.

I tend to have strange eating habits by most peoples standards. I had pizza for breakfast this morning and that's something I like for breakfast. Waffles are soemthing I like just about anytime when I have a craving for them. The morning I was eating A&W on the bus while on my way to work is a good example. 2 Mama Burgers around 9AM sure hit th spot but I got some strange looks on the bus. :D While RibFest was on here, I had a full rack of back ribs for breakfast one morning with barbecued beans with maple bacon. [=
  • hpcapulethpcapulet Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This months Ask Craptic is up! Yet again, you only have the remainder of the day to get your questions in so make it snappy!

Dear Cryptic, what is the DPS rating of my mallet? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
    edited August 2012
  • briittabriitta Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This archived post is actually 1,5 years old! Aren't old posts meant to die and make place for new ones? This one just pushes interesting ones off the first page, but it seems to have turned into little more than fleet chat thats not related to STO whatsoever?
    edited August 2012
    briitta wrote: »
    This archived post is actually 1,5 years old! Aren't old posts meant to die and make place for new ones? This one just pushes interesting ones off the first page, but it seems to have turned into little more than fleet chat thats not related to STO whatsoever?

Just because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean it isn't interesting. As we are in Tenforward a thread about getting to know each other fits perfectly here and couldn't be more relevant. There are sections for fleet stuff and several for STO stuff. Questions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yes yes Get o nthew MAgic nus... To the Star Base and step on it
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • briittabriitta Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hpcapulet wrote: »
    Just because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean it isn't interesting. As we are in Tenforward a thread about getting to know each other fits perfectly here and couldn't be more relevant. There are sections for fleet stuff and several for STO stuff. Questions?

Nothing but respect for you guys getting to know each other.

But when I read this thread back, I read about a bunch of people probably living next door to one another, talking about the best burger joints in the neighbourhood.

So is that not stretching the 'getting to know each other' a bit? I mean, I really think it's cool you guys are friends and all, but what's wrong with facebook, twitter, or other social media? Not to mention your fleet channel in-game?

It's just nice for the rest of the readers, that check out these threads, if it is remotely related to STO, that's all. And also it then is a bit more accessible for others to get to know you, I presume you all want to meet new people too?

I don't mean offense by this. Just thinking that this might not have occured to you guys. I'm not saying it is not interesting to your group, it clearly is. But maybe you guys could discuss it amongst yourselves, is this the best thing to be bumped up to the top of the STO forum all the time, even when it's already archived?
    edited August 2012
    JC! Interesting figures just FYI. 522 days of Pure awesomeness averaging 3.26 posts and 82.4 views per day. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    hpcapulet wrote: »
    JC! Interesting figures just FYI. 522 days of Pure awesomeness averaging 3.26 posts and 82.4 views per day. :)

That makes me smile! [= *hugs Z tightly* She is so cuddley! :D
  • hortworthortwort Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2012
    But when I read this thread back, I read about a bunch of people probably living next door to one another, talking about the best burger joints in the neighbourhood.

Actually it's folks living all over the world who came together years ago, back when this game was hurting and getting sold off. We all bought lifetime subscriptions to help it. We were the only ones posting in this forum for almost a year because the whole game was a ghost town. We helped keep this community alive.

If the general feel of this place is to boot out the loyal to make just a smidgen more room for the new people, then... well, it's just not following the ideals of Trek anymore, is it? :(
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    hortwort wrote: »
    Actually it's folks living all over the world who came together years ago, back when this game was hurting and getting sold off. We all bought lifetime subscriptions to help it. We were the only ones posting in this forum for almost a year because the whole game was a ghost town. We helped keep this community alive.

If the general feel of this place is to boot out the loyal to make just a smidgen more room for the new people, then... well, it's just not following the ideals of Trek anymore, is it? :(

Hort look at briitta's join date. briitta wasn't around when the PWE conversion caused all threads to be labeled archived regardless of activity. The presumption this thread is some archived necro based solely on that conversion is born of ignorance.

Yes we kept the home fires burning while others left in droves however we came together in 2008/2009 before the game even launched. 10Forward I a shining testament of yesteryear unchanged by the perversion of passing time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Nothing but respect for you guys getting to know each other.

So is that not stretching the 'getting to know each other' a bit? I mean, I really think it's cool you guys are friends and all, but what's wrong with facebook, twitter, or other social media? Not to mention your fleet channel in-game?

It's just nice for the rest of the readers, that check out these threads, if it is remotely related to STO, that's all. And also it then is a bit more accessible for others to get to know you, I presume you all want to meet new people too?

I don't mean offense by this. Just thinking that this might not have occured to you guys. I'm not saying it is not interesting to your group, it clearly is. But maybe you guys could discuss it amongst yourselves, is this the best thing to be bumped up to the top of the STO forum all the time, even when it's already archived?

I didn't even notice your posts until quoted by Cappy and Hort. For starters, there is nothing more important in Ten Forward than the threads dedicated to those who make this community great! Do you really have nothing better to do than to campaign to have a thread closed? Feel free to ignore this thread if you're not interested in what goes on in it. This thread has never been necro'd and has survivied PWE's destruction of the entire STO forums history along with some others.
    edited August 2012

And Briitta. Not only is this thread (among many) about the community that's been around forever and helped save this game, there's also a place for new players that want to partake in the fun. Sure I've been playing the game for a while, but I've only joined this fleet, and actively participating on the forums only recently.

The shenanigans I've partaken in have been the best expiration in any Fleet/Guild/Corporation/Etc. in any game ever! :D
    edited August 2012
    And Briitta. Not only is this thread (among many) about the community that's been around forever and helped save this game, there's also a place for new players that want to partake in the fun. Sure I've been playing the game for a while, but I've only joined this fleet, and actively participating on the forums only recently.

The shenanigans I've partaken in have been the best expiration in any Fleet/Guild/Corporation/Etc. in any game ever! :D

We aim to plaease! :cool: For the most part, we are a social community of people that are here to have fun. Whether it's Captain_Zero's TFBB events, fleet starbase stuff, random STF or FA runs, teaming up with others to help them level, etc. It's a game and games are more fun when you have great people to enjoy it with! I am also the one who started this thread. :D
    edited August 2012
    All this talk and mention of Ten Forward history and community make me want my old forum name back so badly. I agree with Hort. I miss my _. And my larger bus avatar. And my old join date. And a bunch of other things the forced merger tool away without warning. Signature with all my info in it is all that's left of 3 years of an identy in Ten Forward I built up as Captain_Zero.

Make me wish I'd tossed out the question "Since we can change our forum tiles to the 'Career Officer' one linked to our Cryptic accounts of we have an LTS, why can't the same idea be implemented to allow us to display as our @handle names?"