.. Reserved
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BoomBastic - Lothranis on

Réponses

• BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Messages: 16
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Hello all.. Well as the topic says. This is about the current state of the Lothranis server, I and allot of the others I’ve talked to, have noticed that this server is slowly dying. We used to see difference between x2 times and "normal" times.. Normal times was always a bit slower then during x2 Nirvana times. But the last 2-3 weeks this server has become ALOT slower, so slow that even the amount of 24/7 catshops are decreasing, world chat is the same 4-5 people all the time now, and even the most hardcore positive attitude people are event starting to lose there patience. And this is not a good thing. We love our EU server, but facts are facts. I for one think the concept of creating 2 different EU servers was kind of a weird decision, there should have been 1 big EU server from the start, not 1 for each country. I personally don’t see any other solution to this problem then to merge the 2 EU servers into one big EU server, and make main language English, but keep sending system messages in French and German if that’s what is needed. I’m a EU based player from Sweden, and I don’t really care what the main language is, but I don’t know French or German ;) This would definitely attract EU players from the US servers, as well as more US based players to join. I know that new servers take time to grow, but the way this is going, it’s not going good.

This is at least what my thoughts, you can qQ and say it’s because big factions crushing smaller, drama, people being rude and hurting other factions feelings so they quit, and any other reasons you may think of. But that won’t be the reason for the state of this server, the main reason for this server being slow, is the lack of amount of people, EU player base is not big enough to have 2 servers at this time. So please try to be constructive in feedback posts.

And GM’s. Please respond to this post, if this is even technically possible, financially possible. And if this will be something that would be considered as a real future, or something that will never happen.

Here is the link to the other post that was started on the "main" pwi forums:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1318841
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Messages: 51 ✭✭
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    yea we deftly need this...

server lost most of the rank 9s\csers\factor ppl (initiums, crisis lost some members..., we had few that quit aswell)

we need at least a poll to ask people if they want a server merge
    and in my opinion all people will no brainly press yes merge the servers...

there are really few catshops, no factions able to go over trial 3, no pk at all, tw with 10 players factions, prices for refines are EXTREMELY MENTAL cause all csers quit

if you dont merge servers, perfect world europe is gonna die\fail quickly trust me, i play on daily base and i know how server player base is rapidly exhausting
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    and as far as i know momagon server is even worst than loth so prolly the other server have yet failed
  • Regerem
    Regerem Messages: 387 ✭✭✭
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Hello,

On a company point of view I honestly don't think this will happen anytime soon, if it ever happens. In the principle I can understand why you would desire such drastic measure (dynamism, more players, invigorates the IG economy, make TW more attractive) but unfortunately there are several reasons that make me saying this:

1) The activity and player rates are fine on our side, and of course if there is old time player leaving there is also a new and fresh community arriving on a day to day basis in the game. I can understand that seeing old alliance quitting the game give a feeling of abandon, but from our point of view the game isn’t dying at the moment.

2) Financially, even if it's not a subject that I will discuss in detail here, there is also no reason that can justify this merge. But again that’s not something that I’m allowed to discuss here.

3) Technically it will really be a pain to achieve and will ask a lot of organization and manpower. Also this will create a break-up of the communities as they actually exist. We try to avoid this at all cost; a splinted community throw in one big EU forum/server will be a real mess to deal with. Here we are specialized by language, FR and DE, so we are not prepared to deal with a EU-EN Community, we would need to basically change our teams to deal accordingly with this new Community. New GM's, CM's that would require a lot of time and work. (Plus I don't want to lose my job as FR CM, but that’s a more personal point of view, :p)

So to be perfectly honest: it’s not about to happen anytime soon.
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    many many players are complaining about how much server is dead...
    you cant say player base is ok if tws are ****, pk is totally dead, economy is dead, no catshops, no cashshoppers, few people farming, no factions able to do trials

well i know many eu based people coming from USA servers like i did, they tried lothranis and then returned back to USA servers after a couple of months or so because really here is totally dead i mean: we often have no wcs ....
    now tell me which good player based server has no wcs...

you have the point of view of the company... i am seeing things by the point of view of players...
    if the few more endgame players we have here will quit soon all the other players will realize that they will have no chance to:

pwrlvl with fcs
    farm TT mats for the gear
    farm nirvana crystals
    buy refines from ppl that cashshop packs
    find a team for anything bh fb wb etch...

and when they will realize this they will quit aswell.

i know people that csed hard on lothranis and went back to archosaur IJS

well financially -> merging servers will just mean more competition-> then more ppl want to cashshop\obtain endgame gear
    staying like this, the economy of the server will inflate till reach the breaking point where prices for anything will be so high that none will buy anything anymore...

2 months ago: dot 5mil dod 8mil vit stone 20mil, today: dot 11-15mil, dod 18-25mil, vit stone 27-28mil

i mean sharding all gear in jades of steady defense is price equivalent to cashshop full rank 9 on another character that is insane!!!

and we wont need new CM-GM, since you will have the same community to manage but just playing on 1 server

(it will reduce server costs for you aswell since you will need to rent just one machine hehe)
  • Zubi - Lothranis
    Zubi - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    A merge would be fine but the easiest thing to do would be to create an new English EU server...The idea of french and german only was stupid from start,no offense, but most of the players in Lothranis speak english,most of european players know english, why the hell would you ignore EU players and force us to play in US servers? The time zones are screwed up for us...European players would have to play at 4-6 AM to enjoy the daily/weekly events,really? :D

Merge is probably best choice but I feel PWI will not do this,why not a new English server? with EU time zone? Asking you to allow us to move our characters there would be too much to ask for...:eek:
  • Freezee - Lothranis
    Freezee - Lothranis Messages: 5
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Soooo true.
    A person can't say the server won't fail if he didn't play on it...( Sorry Regerem don't take it as an attack, but most of the players of Lothranis server will agree with this post.)
    Server merge could be a great idea, but that makes me laugh a lot because I don't think PW will do it. They are able to do it, but they will say any reasons to not do it.
    An idea would be to give free stuff/EXP/spirit or anything else to the new players, like Aion did, but I don't think the stuff/EXP/spirit will be enough for the players to leave their main account with full stuff.( Yeah,don't think the players will leave their main for some Maiden-Kissed chest lawl.)

Sorry for the mistake I made, my english isn't perfect.

Freezee
  • Lnfidelle - Lothranis
    Lnfidelle - Lothranis Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    I agree, you guys really should merge the 2 EU Servers. I mean i log in every day on Lothranis.. 3pm server is dead, you can't do anything beside with your faction if it's possible. 8pm server is dead, 11pm server is dead, 3am server is dead, anytime the server is dead. Like it was said, worldchat is always the same. There is no PK going on, TW is so boring no people..

btw, nothing against the GM's but i think it's unfair that you guys prefer Momaganon more than Lothranis..i got all PW's in Facebook to recieve news and lately i saw more events on Momaganon going on and if you ask for Lothranis they keep saying "sorry but we don't do this event on Lothranis". Few days ago they started "Archosaur Assault" just out of nothing, why not on Lothranis too? On the german forums i read yesterday that they had a "St.Patrick's day-Event" where was ours on Lothranis?

If you guys "just" seeing the rates and activity of Momaganon, than i can understand that you keep saying it's all fine..but please take a look to Lothranis too..

WE ARE DYING
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    i just spoke with one of the strongest wizards of Lothranis who is italian like me (so eu tz) and he just started a wizard on Lost City server because here we have no player base...

we are not only losing USA ppl coming from other servers, we are even losing EUROPEAN players due to deadness of the server!!!!!!!!
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Messages: 7
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    +1

Nothing more to add to what's been said above.

I don't think updating a database record is that difficult to do.
  • willyhuang
    willyhuang Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    and i don't think there is much new player coming, cause i see some low lvl finding hard time to find squad for bh that is lower than 79, they wc for 2 hour and still wc about it, and it happen for fc as well some take 2 hours to form squad and that is, emmm, make people to form squad and become more boring server. i don't find that hard several month ago.

at least if u don't/not possible to merge, u should start make a promotion to take player come to your server as your first move since u said it will not possible soon. oh and for new player that u say, u must consider it's alt from lv 100 player not a really new player and they rarely do bh cause just buy power lvl since lot of them do that.
    sorry my bad english
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    +1

GMs prolly confuse the new players with alts of the players that already have a main character on the server...

we have no wcs: team looking for zhen IJS

months ago was totally different...
    this means there are no new low level players and as a my guildmate said there is more people on archosaur's server TB starting area (raging tides) than the people here in West Archosaur

well now give me a reason why we should stay here instead of moving entire factions on another server\game (because at the moment the only thing that brings most of us to stay here is the friendship and fun between faction members)

i repeat... here ...not only the people that came from USA server is returning back to them, but even people that started on Lothranis is going into USA servers / quitting the game
  • Menestho - Lothranis
    Menestho - Lothranis Messages: 18
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    +1, the only thing that makes me stay on this serv is my friends. Some of them are leaving, and i'm about to follow them if PWE doesn't move to give a new second life to those EU servers...
    Ok...financialy and technicaly merge isn't apparently an option...So what about more events for example on Lothranis...active GMs (do we have some on Loth btw ?!), organizing events can make the difference between EU servs and US ones, could attract more people! (oh wait, we're not on a private serv, so I can keep dreaming...)
    If you want more players you have to promote this server...and it's not with a ''find the 5 St Valentine hearts'' ridiculous event that it will work (btw we're still waiting for this amazing (ironic ofc) Kiss Maiden chest)....
    Menestho, aka. Vicky Trad (and nab sin)
  • stjepan200
    stjepan200 Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    guys server is not dieing, its already DEAD, only time ppl actually log is at event time or tws, and even then its only a handfull of ppl
  • Azami - Lothranis
    Azami - Lothranis Messages: 18
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    mettre le serveur en full pvp il y aura plus de monde, beaucoup d'ancien joueur retourne sur les serveurs US par manque de monde et de fun en pvp et beaucoup de nouveaux joueur ne vienne pas justement parce qu'il n'y a pas de serveur pvp en europe et que le serveur pve est vide.

google trad :D:D

put the server in full pvp there will be more people, many former player returns to the US servers for lack of world pvp and fun and many new player does not come just because it is no pvp server in europe and the PvE server is empty.
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    1) The activity and player rates are fine on our side, and of course if there is old time player leaving there is also a new and fresh community arriving on a day to day basis in the game. I can understand that seeing old alliance quitting the game give a feeling of abandon, but from our point of view the game isn’t dying at the moment.

This has nothing to do with old alliances quitting and so on, most of the core players are still hangning in there, but even they are getting feed up and about to abandon this sinking ship.. And NO NO NO there is not a new fresh community arraving, its just the same ppl creating alt characters, i know ppl that have up to 5 alts, just to have something to do on this server.. And there is about 1-2 wc each day about ppl looking for squads, and they are mostly the same ppl asking for FC 85+, and no ppl wc'ing for bh39 or any of the lower cultivation bosses. So no "new" player base comming in, since the new chars are 90% alt chars.. its 16:30 server time when i post this, and i count 10 ppl in west arch, and 50% of them are just afk standing still. So dont tell me the server is doing fine.. you cant possible know if you are not playing daily on this server.. Sure some ppl will come for the events then they log of and leave again, for other servers, like the US ones.. You have to go inside the game and be aprt of it more before you can say there is nothing wrong.. And if you are only looking at income on the server, thats beacuse its the same old ppl still CS'ing so 90% of what u see as income, im pretty sure its from old players still trying to get lucky.. But that will end soon as well, no point in gearing up, if there is nothing going on

2) Financially, even if it's not a subject that I will discuss in detail here, there is also no reason that can justify this merge. But again that’s not something that I’m allowed to discuss here.

Well i can understand your situation on this, but a server merge would be good for economy, since that would make ppl want to gear up if there was something to do and compete against. Atm we have about 10 or so r9 ppl, and thats about it.. and most of them know each others, so there is no real "we need to gear up to beat you guys spirit"

3) Technically it will really be a pain to achieve and will ask a lot of organization and manpower. Also this will create a break-up of the communities as they actually exist. We try to avoid this at all cost; a splinted community throw in one big EU forum/server will be a real mess to deal with. Here we are specialized by language, FR and DE, so we are not prepared to deal with a EU-EN Community, we would need to basically change our teams to deal accordingly with this new Community. New GM's, CM's that would require a lot of time and work. (Plus I don't want to lose my job as FR CM, but that’s a more personal point of view, )
    So to be perfectly honest: it’s not about to happen anytime soon.

Well.. Keep split forums and do system messages in 3 languages.. The goal of this post is not that, heyyy we need ENG based EU community.. idc if you put Latin as the main server language.. the point is that france and germany alone is not a big enuff playerbase on each side to create 2 servers.. And the rest of the EU split between the servers..
    If you merge into 1 big EU server.. More ppl will be attracted to join it, we will get a influx form the US servers as well.. And if then it starts to grow realy big.. well just make 2 differnt EU servers.. easy as that.. But to specialize them on France and Germany alone, wont be a solution to this.. Im from sweden, and i jumped here cause of the timezone beeing better.. But if Lothranis keeps going the way its heading now.. Im 1000% sure i will never create a char on another EU server again, i would pick one of the more established US servers..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninn - Raging Tide
    Ninn - Raging Tide Messages: 3
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    +1 to everything u guys said .... im a US time player and i moved to EU server bc of the fun of being in a new server .... but honestly it was fun for 3-4 months ... then it started to be LAME, is frustrating to be wcing for 1 hour to get a squad for bh/fc/fb or anything u wanna do! it just get anyone on theyr nerves!

about the alts part ^^ well is completly true hahaha between me and my bf we have 20 toons xD yes im not jking hahahaha we have all classesin diff lvls so ... isnt like u have 20 diff players ... is 2 ppl having 10 chars each one so is rly LAME that u guys think its 20 "new" players LOL as Boombastic said the 90% of the new chars are ppls alts, the starting zones of all races are DEAD u never see someone questing there, PK in west is almost always dead, and in other servers is always full of ppl, so u keep saying "server is nice" yeah sure ^^ is NICEly dying xD everything here is at least 2 times more expensive than in other US server, is getting imposible for non cs ppl to get full sharded and refined (i include myself on that) the stuff i have are bc i bought them at the begining of the server, i was sharding my sin with vit stones and at the begining of the server i could get them for 15 mills .... now u need 40 mills to get 1 so WTF!? is super hard to find ANY item u want bc the Casshopers are quitting so noone open packs and noone have items to sell so they go super expensive. bc honestly if i was a cashoper i would prefer to get a R9 toom in a server i can have some fun and competition than in a server im gonna end up quitting after i got the full R9 bc there is no challenge!!

soo ... DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!
  • manjamos
    manjamos Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Please do merge, server is dieing fast fast fast >.<
  • Regerem
    Regerem Messages: 387 ✭✭✭
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    I can see you are all really concerned about the state of the server, so what I can and will do is have a closer look at all your posts to compile and analyze your arguments, so we can discuss the matter internally and I can come back to you with a clear answer on the topic.

Whatever the answer will be, please don't expect a "this will happen in two weeks". It will be probably more a "we are studying all the possibilities atm", but better than nothing. So don’t get impatient after that, these things are no slight changes that we can do just by pressing a button.

I do take your concerns seriously and it is an important topic, so don't expect an answer tomorrow directly, it will take awhile to get the information from everyone who is involved.

About the alt characters, I wasn’t referring to them; we know how to do the difference between characters and accounts ;). So it wasn’t a part of my answer.

About the “more activity on Mommaganon”, it can indeed happen that we have different times for triggering the events, but as shown of good faith we will run a Archosaur assault this Friday. Also the St. Patricks Event is active for all our games on the EU side and is availabe as well for the French and the German side. In fact it has been prolonged until Wednesday, so you can still participate. http://pwi.fr.perfectworld.eu/news/?p=75551

Thanks for all your concerns and feedbacks! Please continue to post your opinion here.
  • elda3er
    elda3er Messages: 2
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Regerem a écrit: »
    I can see you are all really concerned about the state of the server, so what I can and will do is have a closer look at all your posts to compile and analyze your arguments, so we can discuss the matter internally and I can come back to you with a clear answer on the topic.

Whatever the answer will be, please don't expect a "this will happen in two weeks". It will be probably more a "we are studying all the possibilities atm", but better than nothing. So don’t get impatient after that, these things are no slight changes that we can do just by pressing a button.

I do take your concerns seriously and it is an important topic, so don't expect an answer tomorrow directly, it will take awhile to get the information from everyone who is involved.

About the alt characters, I wasn’t referring to them; we know how to do the difference between characters and accounts ;). So it wasn’t a part of my answer.

About the “more activity on Mommaganon”, it can indeed happen that we have different times for triggering the events, but as shown of good faith we will run a Archosaur assault this Friday. Also the St. Patricks Event is active for all our games on the EU side and is availabe as well for the French and the German side. In fact it has been prolonged until Wednesday, so you can still participate. http://pwi.fr.perfectworld.eu/news/?p=75551

Thanks for all your concerns and feedbacks! Please continue to post your opinion here.

Please Merge Lothranis is so boring atm it take me hours to find anything to do so i go play dota or league of legends or just go with low lvl account to watch pvp + i cant play in other servers so laggy im Serga barb in Lothranis r9 <3 please do Merge
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    I appreciate you taking this issue seriously. And thank you for bringing this up as a real discussion internationally, and I understand a thing like this will have repercussions that will need alot of thought and carefull planing before even concidered it as a valid option and a solution that can be implemented.
    So TY for listening to us and taking our words to heart <3
    This is nothing a few bored highlvls are saying just to get more action on the server, this is a warning from us to you, that the server is dying and that we LOVE this server and dont want to see this happen..
    We will try to endure this server coma state for a while longer, but pls try to keep us posted on whats going on, even if its just to say "we supposed to have meeting about this, but it got pushed for 1 week cause of other urgent matters."
    I know this will take time to think about /solve, but just keep us in the loop as much as possible.

Big thnx and <3 from the people "living" on the Lothranis server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aekoo - Harshlands
    Aekoo - Harshlands Messages: 3
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Ahh, that's a nice thread :).
    I have the same opinion than many of you guys. The server is dead, people are leaving, my friends left , and now I'm not on the server anymore like many other players.
    I came on Lothranis because I live in a French province in Canada even if I had a lot of interesting things on Harshlands... And I left after of few months because it was soooo boring here :(.

New games are coming soon (GW2, Tera,etc) and you'll lose a lot more players if you don't do anything.
    Anyway...

Thanks for answering us, Regerem!

~Nomnomsugar
  • eustash
    eustash Messages: 3
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    Hello
    well,All people in lothranis know that server is half dead i know some ppl them take 3 days to find 1 fc...,we can't even farm nirvana without 2x due to none active server most of ppl here aren't exeperienced in game most of them are new ,price still growing and lot of negetive think happen(rude wc).
    but the probleme isn't felt by cser,as they can buy anything with irl money,so none cser and half farming/csing they felt that proble is being too hard to farm our gear or futur gear.
    and as a solution i think most of player think as me the merge is the "solution",maybe we will have some probleme with language but that not as a dead server we can use translation or EN to speak and understant each other and that's the challenge
  • Imagination - Lothranis
    Imagination - Lothranis Messages: 4
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    :( its so so so true, please save our server, merge is the best idea i ever did hear!! *begs the devs* do it do it do it!! Pleeeeeease!
  • Myles - Lothranis
    Myles - Lothranis Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    :eek: whaaaat? the possibility of getting past trial 4 is amazing. and finally potential competition for Reign >:)

MERGEMERGEMERGEMERGEMERGE.
  • Ninn - Raging Tide
    Ninn - Raging Tide Messages: 3
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    i just have a question about all this .... if servers get to merge will everyone lose theyr toons and items? i mean do we need to start from 0?
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    i just have a question about all this .... if servers get to merge will everyone lose theyr toons and items? i mean do we need to start from 0?

xD i will insta rage quit if so!!

and i think all problems for a server merge derive from to let not people loose toons and items

(btw we got 3 days of daily bh100 being warsong, i wced to buy warsong mats but none got\sold omfgggggggg is that really few people doing bh100 these days?) q_QQQ
  • Zubi - Lothranis
    Zubi - Lothranis Messages: 2
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options

Nope, if they do it right we all should keep our gears/lvls and everything, because there is really no compensation possible for all the stuff we have done and the levels of all our alts.

And by the way GM, you may know the difference between accounts and characters, but when we say "alts" we don't mean characters in the same account...I have 5 characters all of them in different accounts because seriously playing this server is boring..All you have to do is BH 100, base quest, OHT quest and Morai...Plus some daily events but everyday the same boring thing...I try to form FC squads with my alt and I can hardly fill it or find the people to do it.
  • Ninn - Lothranis
    Ninn - Lothranis Messages: 1
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    yes i thought that too but .... if they get all our alts and toons from both servers .... what will happen with toons that have same name? a server doesnt allow same name 2 times :S this rly is more complicated than it looks, thou something must be done bc servers are rly bad at the moment (loth and moma) merge would be awesome but will take a lot of work and planning, i rly hope PWI can come out with a rly nice and helpful idea to make this possible without starting from 0, that will benefit us all :D
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    Modifié (mars 2012)
    Options
    yes i thought that too but .... if they get all our alts and toons from both servers .... what will happen with toons that have same name? a server doesnt allow same name 2 times :S this rly is more complicated than it looks, thou something must be done bc servers are rly bad at the moment (loth and moma) merge would be awesome but will take a lot of work and planning, i rly hope PWI can come out with a rly nice and helpful idea to make this possible without starting from 0, that will benefit us all :D

From what i hear the EU server share the same "name pot" so there wont be any problems with same name chars. But i have only heard ppl talk about this, no official GM posts verifying this..

But HEY!! if we need to create new names, that would be greate news for your b-friend, he can finaly change his name to what he intended it to be "Betty" ;)<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ajouter un commentaire

GrasItaliqueBarréOrdered listListe non ordonnée
Emoji
Aligner à gaucheCentrer le texteAligner à droiteBasculer en code HTMLBasculer en mode plein écranAllumer les lumières
Déplacer image/fichier