Ultimate Substance

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bots will corner sub market after current stockpiles run out, this is poor planning, although having free lvl 100 aa alts wasnt too smart either

Said it before. Saying it again. And given the trend it's likely to happen:

Limit digging to 100 digs per char per day.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Limit digging to 100 digs per char per day.
    Deja vu... I remember how back in the day this used to be a legit nerf request. When everybody had Windsprint Panthers and mat routes and it was an endless race for the spawn points.

This is old PW right here, making a somewhat-cameo. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Amusing how so many people are whining about how "subs should be farmed/earned not given for free". In that case, then let's take the Ecstasy/Excitement Cards, Mirages, Chip, etc from the BH 100 reward. Hell, let's take EVERYTHING from the BH 100 reward, and have it give just exp and spirit like the other BH's do. After all, if the nirvana talismans given as part of the reward are "free subs for nothing" then everything else given out as part of the reward is "free stuff for nothing."

Farm mirages the old fashioned way with the celestones and drops. Get chips from the cube, socket stones from the boutique, rep from farming the badges that rarely drop from instance mobs. After all, we are entitled to say that just because something wasn't available to us "back in the day" that nobody else should have it. Progress is bad when it comes after our time!

Bottom line is that, aside from the one you got daily from "Mysterious Priest", the Nirvana Talismans were hardly "free stuff for putting forth no effort". Unless you are all saying that BH100 is "putting forth no effort"?
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    You do realize? That I posted my last comment on this, as a way to combat a possible future overblown spikes in Subs costs?? {b:faint} And not, I repeat Not, as a whiney Sss'd ~give me free stuff cry~??? (Most times I feel the same way you do when I'd hear people constantly crying for them (I didn't mind some of them, when sparkie would give out certain 1s, but the others were handed out way to often) so would you please see it for what it was, because you kinda jumped to a completely Wrong Conclusions on its meaning...b:surrender

Now let me say this though, I Do actually Exist in this game... And I do actually farm just about every ****** thing I go out to get in it (and considering I have over "21-characters on 2-accounts & 3-servers" thats no small feat for me (in my absolutely insanely & blindly tenacious attempt to keep them all "up-to-date" and as "non-suck actually decently geared and skilled non-fails babies") Sure I do use the Boutique on rare occasion for their "fashions, dyes, charms & other certain necessities for them etc." but only on a rare occasion (do to me having craploads of "RL bills" to pay for my Family & Household costs) so please don't think that I'm being a whiner who only wants everything handed to them for free (I too would rather work for it) the point of my former post, was solely meant to point out a possible way to combat the possibility of future price gouging on [Ult. Subs] (since Wanmei was so kind to (*Coughs ~_~*) pull the rug out on the Nirvi part of the rewards, that we were all getting from our BHs that many had been using to make subs with) and nothing else...

Now as for your idea on being awarded subs as part of the BH rewards, thats an excellent idea (even better then my own possible thoughts on it) that would help greatly, in squashing much of the possibilities of too much "price gouging" and would be an incredible long term counter to it to boot, so I give you Kudos for giving out a better idea then my own...b:thanks

Excuse me but you personalized this and it does make you come across somewhat like an entitled whiner. You stated you have RL obligations, responsibilities, and bills and that detracts you from managing your 20+ chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers. Who put you in that position to begin with?

Still, if you can't afford the time and effort into taking care of all those chars in 3 servers without free handouts then maybe you shouldn't be doing that in the first place. Think about it.

As for prices, those are set by players who are willing to pay such prices. If someone is gouging then others will undercut them. I do that all the time. I love undercutting people and making a profit.
    Amusing how so many people are whining about how "subs should be farmed/earned not given for free". In that case, then let's take the Ecstasy/Excitement Cards, Mirages, Chip, etc from the BH 100 reward. Hell, let's take EVERYTHING from the BH 100 reward, and have it give just exp and spirit like the other BH's do. After all, if the nirvana talismans given as part of the reward are "free subs for nothing" then everything else given out as part of the reward is "free stuff for nothing."

Farm mirages the old fashioned way with the celestones and drops. Get chips from the cube, socket stones from the boutique, rep from farming the badges that rarely drop from instance mobs. After all, we are entitled to say that just because something wasn't available to us "back in the day" that nobody else should have it. Progress is bad when it comes after our time!

Bottom line is that, aside from the one you got daily from "Mysterious Priest", the Nirvana Talismans were hardly "free stuff for putting forth no effort". Unless you are all saying that BH100 is "putting forth no effort"?

Nobody is whining about the subs except those who think they ought to be getting them for free. It's really sad to see how people have no clue how to obtain something easily farmed from the environment like subs. They have no clue how to get them because they always received that free handout. It's the old saying "give a man a fish and feed him for a day but teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime" thing.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2015
    Excuse me but you personalized this and it does make you come across somewhat like an entitled whiner. You stated you have RL obligations, responsibilities, and bills and that detracts you from managing your 20+ chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers. Who put you in that position to begin with?

Still, if you can't afford the time and effort into taking care of all those chars in 3 servers without free handouts then maybe you shouldn't be doing that in the first place. Think about it.
    This. With the current events going on, I can't manage to run all dailies anymore either. But that's fine - I'll just shed some unimportant stuff and make choices.

Besides, if you've got the BH Dayjob daily, you should be able to set some of the rewards from that aside to buy Zen. Heck, charge one gold and sell it in the AH, then buy subs from the proceeds and you've got a weeks worth of "bh farming" in one gulp.

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nobody is whining about the subs except those who think they ought to be getting them for free.

Assumption. Unless you can read minds, and across an internet connection at that, you don't know what anyone thinks. And regardless of whether or not people do "think they should get subs for free" the matter is they generally had to put forth the effort of running BH 100 to get them, so your point is for the most part moot as they were never "free/effortless". Of course, I personally think that subs were easier to obtain via tokens, or farming the mats, as opposed to BH100. EU/AEU aren't exactly easy or newbie-friendly and Snakefist can't be solo'd for the average player, while the coin for the tokens can be earned with a single lvl 7x Jones alt, and farming mats really isn't that hard in Heaven/Hell where the mats respawn quicker than one can pick them. So as much as I don't agree with you for the most part, sadly I do have to agree with you that, it is likely that many of the people complaining are lazy and entitled. Though, you kinda have to blame PW for that as well, with making the game so daily-centric. People don't want to have to put fort any extra time or effort when they could be doing the rest of their dailies instead. Nobody can just have fun....
    It's really sad to see how people have no clue how to obtain something easily farmed from the environment like subs. They have no clue how to get them because they always received that free handout.
    Again, BH100 is hardly a "free handout". I think your attitude is just as entitled as the people you are complaining about(And so is mine b:shutup )
    I haven't seen anyone complaining "they have no clue" how to obtain subs outside of BH100 reward. The complaints are that subs are more of a pain to get because of having to take the extra time and effort, after BH100, to go farm mats or coin for them.
    It's the old saying "give a man a fish and feed him for a day but teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime" thing.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything ere in this thread. Any more than the old saying "if you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love anybody else, can I get an amen?" b:chuckle
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Assumption. Unless you can read minds, and across an internet connection at that, you don't know what anyone thinks. And regardless of whether or not people do "think they should get subs for free" the matter is they generally had to put forth the effort of running BH 100 to get them, so your point is for the most part moot as they were never "free/effortless". Of course, I personally think that subs were easier to obtain via tokens, or farming the mats, as opposed to BH100. EU/AEU aren't exactly easy or newbie-friendly and Snakefist can't be solo'd for the average player, while the coin for the tokens can be earned with a single lvl 7x Jones alt, and farming mats really isn't that hard in Heaven/Hell where the mats respawn quicker than one can pick them. So as much as I don't agree with you for the most part, sadly I do have to agree with you that, it is likely that many of the people complaining are lazy and entitled. Though, you kinda have to blame PW for that as well, with making the game so daily-centric. People don't want to have to put fort any extra time or effort when they could be doing the rest of their dailies instead. Nobody can just have fun....

Couple of things. AEU might not be completely noob friendly but trough average gear running around the servers, as long as you have some idea what you are doing, getting trough that should be no problem, pretty much no matter what gear you running in as the OPs will clear the instance for you. All you gotta do is follow and not do something silly to kill yourself.

EU? You could run in the free 95 Morai gear no problem trough that instance. I remember farming the instance when it came out, man did we run it in **** gear and it was all good. The problem with EU really is people, not the instance itself. Its pretty damn simple, doesnt demand much gear and for that I would call it noob friendly.

And snake can be soloed by average geared players these days. WS is extremely outdated as an instance. Well I should say ranged players can solo snake, he is bit of a **** on melee range. Clearing the pav itself might take a while but I dont really understand why soloing snake is even important in this discussion.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    Couple of things. AEU might not be completely noob friendly but trough average gear running around the servers, as long as you have some idea what you are doing, getting trough that should be no problem, pretty much no matter what gear you running in as the OPs will clear the instance for you. All you gotta do is follow and not do something silly to kill yourself.

EU? You could run in the free 95 Morai gear no problem trough that instance. I remember farming the instance when it came out, man did we run it in **** gear and it was all good. The problem with EU really is people, not the instance itself. Its pretty damn simple, doesnt demand much gear and for that I would call it noob friendly.

And snake can be soloed by average geared players these days. WS is extremely outdated as an instance. Well I should say ranged players can solo snake, he is bit of a **** on melee range. Clearing the pav itself might take a while but I dont really understand why soloing snake is even important in this discussion.

I was more pointing out reasons why I think that subs are easier to obtain via tokens or mats. I've never been to EU/AEU, but I always am hearing about how hard AEU is, and how EU is so annoying with the beginning race or something. I have been 100 for ages and still haven't been able to get a squad for either, since people seem to not want to take anyone who's never done the instance. As for Snake, I was under the impression that solo'ing him required T3 or better with high refines and shards. But even if one is able to consistently do all four BH100's, I still think subs are easier to get via tokens or mats, especially right now with tokens having dropped to 15-16K(at least on RT)
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just going to throw this out there in that I agree EU/AEU/WS are quite manageable to do even with what people view as sub-par gear. Before I had my G16 on my ex-main, damn, my gear was seriously lacking, the most refines I had were +3s I think, with Flawless Citrines only too.

Being fully buffed is important, with the 'major' buffs that are still valid; Cleric and Barb buffs. If you are careful and let the strong go ahead, time your pots and skills well in the relay race part of EU (if you choose the right crystal-path it is easy, no matter what everybody else says) and pay attention to what the bosses are doing, you can succeed.

The only times I died in any of those was when I was being a goof or not paying attention.
    And believe it or not, people rarely stop to 'Player Info' you and check out your gear to name and shame you in a dungeon. It only comes to that point when someone repeatedly dies over the silliest of things over not being careful.

Not having endgame or "OP gear" or whatever means just that, you cannot afford to be reckless, you have to be careful. And through trial and error you learn when to be just that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    I was more pointing out reasons why I think that subs are easier to obtain via tokens or mats. I've never been to EU/AEU, but I always am hearing about how hard AEU is, and how EU is so annoying with the beginning race or something. I have been 100 for ages and still haven't been able to get a squad for either, since people seem to not want to take anyone who's never done the instance. As for Snake, I was under the impression that solo'ing him required T3 or better with high refines and shards. But even if one is able to consistently do all four BH100's, I still think subs are easier to get via tokens or mats, especially right now with tokens having dropped to 15-16K(at least on RT)

Ah. EU isnt even remotely difficult if you have an idea what you are doing. It is annoying for being once a day instance with BH in it as people are simply stupid and incompetent. And AEU was only difficult when ppl were running with 6k hp on average and the R9s were sort of rare. But nowdays they are plenty and pretty much all you would need to do in AEU is to follow the OPs and not do silly things to die. Reading some guides to have idea how the instances go would also be helpful. I cant speak for RT but as long as you are being polite, show decent ability to communicate, I dont see much of a reason why people wouldnt take you and show you how its done. But telling you are first timer is imo best for all, it lets whoever is running the instance to know to explain things to you.

And snake, the boss itself, could be soloed by N3+5. It would take a while, it wouldnt be kind to your charms/pots but it would be doable on range as he really doesnt hit all that hard. You might need full buffs but those arent all that hard to get these days. It would be more bout the effort to clear the path than the boss itself.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015

I base that off of what I read in the forums and in game chat. Nothing more and nothing less. And I do put a lot of blame on the devs and their overlords for making changes which enable that attitude and behavior. The results are obvious and heartbreaking.

Again, BH100 is hardly a "free handout". I think your attitude is just as entitled as the people you are complaining about(And so is mine b:shutup )
    I haven't seen anyone complaining "they have no clue" how to obtain subs outside of BH100 reward. The complaints are that subs are more of a pain to get because of having to take the extra time and effort, after BH100, to go farm mats or coin for them.

I see people complaining about where they are going to get subs now that talismans are gone. That is just really sad. Sad because it proves just how far the devs and their overlords have moved the game away from most of the game's content. I see that as a reason why we have such a low population of 1 to 9x toons. There literally is no motivation for anyone to progress through the game naturally as it should be. Rush to end game and accomplish not much in between. It's no wonder why PWI is in its current state losing population.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything ere in this thread. Any more than the old saying "if you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love anybody else, can I get an amen?" b:chuckle

Yes it does. If one knew that subs could be farmed they'd always have subs, correct? They wouldn't complain about sub prices skyrocketing or the erroneous notion of lack of availability of subs because talismans are gone, would they?

It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to farm 10 subs using multiple routes. Talimans give out 5 each. Now if you have 20+chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers and a who lot of real world obligations farming them for all chars might be an issue. A solution is to not have 20+ chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers. That is a merely a choice that person made.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    BH's can all be done without subs, pick squad, med boss, med mobs. Only really need subs for gears and TT farming. Any TT you farm will net profits after sub costs.
    Yes it does. If one knew that subs could be farmed they'd always have subs, correct? They wouldn't complain about sub prices skyrocketing or the erroneous notion of lack of availability of subs because talismans are gone, would they?

It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to farm 10 subs using multiple routes. Talimans give out 5 each. Now if you have 20+chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers and a who lot of real world obligations farming them for all chars might be an issue. A solution is to not have 20+ chars on 2 accounts in 3 servers. That is a merely a choice that person made.

Video or you lying. Even King's Feast with the best sub route will take you much longer. So unless you using telestones ++ jumping around the map... you lying. 10 subs is 50 each mat.... 15 to 20 mins, no.

For some additional math on that. it's 250 total mats for 10 subs/ 25 per... if it takes 10 second to dig each one = 2500 seconds = 40 mins... maybe 30 if you happen to get 2 on a dig. But then travel and respawn times.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    BH's can all be done without subs, pick squad, med boss, med mobs. Only really need subs for gears and TT farming. Any TT you farm will net profits after sub costs.

Video or you lying. Even King's Feast with the best sub route will take you much longer. So unless you using telestones ++ jumping around the map... you lying. 10 subs is 50 each mat.... 15 to 20 mins, no.

For some additional math on that. it's 250 total mats for 10 subs/ 25 per... if it takes 10 second to dig each one = 2500 seconds = 40 mins... maybe 30 if you happen to get 2 on a dig. But then travel and respawn times.

Pretty much this

And also she/he has not taken the bot factor into account. A real player can not beat an army of bots, and pwi will not ban some of their ''loyal'' costumer for some bots. b:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    Pretty much this

And also she/he has not taken the bot factor into account. A real player can not beat an army of bots, and pwi will not ban some of their ''loyal'' costumer for some bots. b:bye

Well I was mistaken on my stuff. It's 20 mats per sub so like 33 mins not counting anyone else already farmed, travel time etc etc etc.... but you know what I'm saying
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well I was mistaken on my stuff. It's 20 mats per sub so like 33 mins not counting anyone else already farmed, travel time etc etc etc.... but you know what I'm saying

Indeed, but i did test some routes just after the expansion that killed the DQ and I did it just to see if i was able to beat some illegal bots.

On that test it was me and a friend on 2 diferent routes against 4 bots (3 sins and one blade)
    We were not able to beat the bots, while those bots had **** gear, their flayers were 3.0 or better.
    All those bots are owned by one person, while we and some other people reported this guy, he never got banned, and i honestly don't expect that pwi will ban a guy that has put thousands of dollars in the game. Now this was one guy... Imagine 5 or 6 with 3 or more bots each b:shutup

They stopped the bot thing like 2 or 3 weeks after that expansion, but im sure they'll be back now lol.

With this im not saying is impossible, but It will not be so easy to go and just grab mats, I just hope that some of the hardcore illegal boters dont start their **** again, because surely it will be a pain to face a lot of those..
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015

You want to farm my subs for me? I use easily over 60 subs/day of 2x and as we had month of 2x during summer lately, I will likely be burning ~2k. On top of that, Id need another thousand or two for crafting gear to sell. 2k + 1k = 3k, which is low end estimate. Even at 15mins per 10 subs, we get to 4500 minutes, which is 75 hours of sub farming, no breaks included. Sound appealing? And remember, in reality I am gonna need way more, even double that might be possible.

Farming subs is doable if you are only gearing yourself and you need reasonable amount of subs. The big time farmers or gear crafters or ones like me who do both, use massive amounts of subs. Either bot legions provide subs for us or token prices will be affected when 2x is activated as there is simply no other means to provide for said demand. Because of this I would of loved if they had added sub option to BH100 rewards.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ... The big time farmers or gear crafters or ones like me ...

The big time farmers can afford to make subs with tokens >.> You get 2x subs for 7 tokens... that's currently less than people pay for openers.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited June 2015
    peckked wrote: »
    The big time farmers can afford to make subs with tokens >.> You get 2x subs for 7 tokens... that's currently less than people pay for openers.

That was clearly not my point. My point was, we will be affecting token prices. Hard to say how drastically as of yet.

Ps. If you think the ppl WCing for openers are major farmers, lol.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2015

As for prices, those are set by players who are willing to pay such prices. If someone is gouging then others will undercut them. I do that all the time. I love undercutting people and making a profit.

1- my friends (in-game) & my own kind heartedness.. I started in {Lost Server} back when the game was first out, then migrated to {HT~server} for the "PvE" game play & then hopped onto {Archo~server} to help some of my friends when they hopped over onto there to help some of their friends out who started up over there on the wrong server (why is that a crime to help friends out when they and their own friends needed it ?_?) b:puzzled

2 - Yes RL can be a major pain in the Backside, when leveling so many characters.. But I still manage to do so some how (thanks god for duel-clienting abilities, there would be no other way to do it successfully without dual-clienting)

2a - As I had already said on my second post before, I actually didn't mind "Some" of the Arc codes given out >>But only some<< I never said that I have never used codes on occasion for certain alts for freebies, I just never felt the need use all "codes" and then habituate to them, to the point of acting like an addict to them who apparently can't even breath without them...Some of the codes were useful, but others were almost like spam items...

3 - I'm glad to here your an honest merchant (we need more like you) but you know there are alot more merchants now a days that aren't like you anymore and they're even more annoying with their little tactics, then they were in the past (they just luv to over-blow the price raises on everything they can (for even the slightest drop of a hat that Wanmei pulls nowadays) and the in-game coin crowd isn't really the ones to blame for the overblown prices for those things, anyone will pay for something at any cost if they're about to keel-over and die and are that desperate for what they need (and thats the problem with the situation, many of the less reputable merch's will intentionally buy out the competions supplies just so they can keep the prices up themselves on their own k'shops (take "tokens of luck" for instance, surely you've also seen the vast majority of the shops that are selling them mysteriously ending up bought out (with only 1 or 2 of the areas shops being left conveniently stocked up on, with the "insta-gouged priced" Tokens (on occasion) in your time in game? You know fully well what happened there (just like I do) and you've surely got to know & say that, that wasn't the efforts of all the normal in-game purchasing players that are (in-game) conspiring to make sure that only a couple overblown priced shops mysteriously mark up their prices over night outta no where? That just an enterprising "Merch or 2" buying out the rest of the competition and cornering that part of the market at key times (while they play the market) and not the rest of the non-merching player base...b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015

I only farmed HH 1000+ times before 2012. It took the instance 30 minutes to reset. That was before I made HH openers. I ran the routes 1000s of times for subs and always had time to wait for the instance to open after making subs. Making 100s of millions in coin before 2012 was a godsend for profit. I haven't done much since. I'm pretty much qualified to know what the hell I'm talking about. Only times it took me longer was when I dealt with PKers stealing my routes.
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    Pretty much this

I've never seen any bot farming mats for subs. Ever. Not on LC. I've seen herb farming bots. Killed a few. But never bots farming subs. Hardly an issue for us.
    You want to farm my subs for me? I use easily over 60 subs/day of 2x and as we had month of 2x during summer lately, I will likely be burning ~2k. On top of that, Id need another thousand or two for crafting gear to sell. 2k + 1k = 3k, which is low end estimate. Even at 15mins per 10 subs, we get to 4500 minutes, which is 75 hours of sub farming, no breaks included. Sound appealing? And remember, in reality I am gonna need way more, even double that might be possible.

Farming subs is doable if you are only gearing yourself and you need reasonable amount of subs. The big time farmers or gear crafters or ones like me who do both, use massive amounts of subs. Either bot legions provide subs for us or token prices will be affected when 2x is activated as there is simply no other means to provide for said demand. Because of this I would of loved if they had added sub option to BH100 rewards.

Again who's problem is it when one makes more chars than they have time to deal with? Farm your own ****.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2015
    I only farmed HH 1000+ times before 2012. It took the instance 30 minutes to reset. That was before I made HH openers. I ran the routes 1000s of times for subs and always had time to wait for the instance to open after making subs. Making 100s of millions in coin before 2012 was a godsend for profit. I haven't done much since. I'm pretty much qualified to know what the hell I'm talking about. Only times it took me longer was when I dealt with PKers stealing my routes.

I've never seen any bot farming mats for subs. Ever. Not on LC. I've seen herb farming bots. Killed a few. But never bots farming subs. Hardly an issue for us.

Again who's problem is it when one makes more chars than they have time to deal with? Farm your own ****.

Still calling bull sht in 10 subs in 15 to 20 mins.... 200 mats taking 10 secs each to dig... + travel... but you always did have a way of embellishing... video or else lying.... You trying to talk about tt resets still doesn't make you any more believable.
  • LeoSpirit - Lost City
    LeoSpirit - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still calling bull sht in 10 subs in 15 to 20 mins.... 200 mats taking 10 secs each to dig... + travel... but you always did have a way of embellishing... video or else lying.... You trying to talk about tt resets still doesn't make you any more believable.

Ok. I ain't sittin' on this sideline. I just ran some route just to see for myself. 1st route took me 27.7 minutes to farm 10 subs. Double picks were happening about one of every 4 to 5 digs.

2nd run took less time. 24.9 minutes. Reason. I had leftovers of some of the double picks from the first run. 3rd run 25.3 minutes. 4th run 24.9 minutes. 5th 25.5 minutes.

Now since you calling the other a liar then I suppose I can sit here and call you a liar too. can't I. Because you're both wrong.

Don't you feel a tad dumb for lowering yourself to that level?

Oh. And I tell you all something too. The price of subs didn't fall back in the day because people figured out how to make subs with tokens. The prices fell because people figured out they can make BH wines with tokens. Then all of the sudden there wasn't that much competition between wine farmers and sub farmers. I was one of those who made wines by farmin mats. My market crashed with the introduction of anni packs.

Oh, come to think of it, Jadsia. I remember you too. You were dealing BH wines too. You were KOS by RQ and 3 other factions for undercutting every catshop selling wines. Don't you think we didn't forget that.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited June 2015

Oh, come to think of it, Jadsia. I remember you too. You were dealing BH wines too. You were KOS by RQ and 3 other factions for undercutting every catshop selling wines. Don't you think we didn't forget that.

What difference did making me KOS make? RageQuit, Harvester, Spectral etc. out there were rPK anyway. They were killing me farming mats so I undercut their prices. I couldn't beat them in PK so I ruined their wine business profits.

Good times.

Back on topic. Point is that subs are farmed for free. The only cost is the player's time whether 20 minutes or 30 minutes. It's not that big of a freaking deal. The nit pickers always seem to look for irrelevant details in any argument to derail a main point which destroys their own.

I hope the prices do skyrocket. That means people need them and if people need them then others will find ways to provide them for a profit. Also if the prices skyrocket more people would actually go out into the open map to farm them. That's not a bad thing unless you're one of those pathetic people who call others greedy for selling something at a price you hate even though others are willing to pay for it.

• Sziporka - Morai
    Sziporka - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is interesting, most people can't understand what is this problem about. Free players farm everything, spend much time on farming, so now 1 more thing to farm instead of being free. To make a g16 piece you have to farm tt/lunar for mats, nw, warsong, and lunar for EoD's but yes, simplify this as "no afforts":D. It means you need more time to spend on farming what u could spend for talk, help others, or simply play for enjoy the game. Because free players are paying too - with their time. There was an item what was free and it is not free anymore, you cant count with it. All can decide their time worths or not to farm more in the future but all have the opportunity to be disappointed about it and tell it here, because it is a forum.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is interesting, most people can't understand what is this problem about. Free players farm everything, spend much time on farming, so now 1 more thing to farm instead of being free. To make a g16 piece you have to farm tt/lunar for mats, nw, warsong, and lunar for EoD's but yes, simplify this as "no afforts":D. It means you need more time to spend on farming what u could spend for talk, help others, or simply play for enjoy the game. Because free players are paying too - with their time. There was an item what was free and it is not free anymore, you cant count with it. All can decide their time worths or not to farm more in the future but all have the opportunity to be disappointed about it and tell it here, because it is a forum.

some people might have that view but the informed realize that now this is something that will be bot exploited big time, people with multi bot toons that inflated gold price moved a bit to herbs, and now materials will be an additional source for the illegal bots
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2015

Please wait a week or two. Once sub prices go through the roof, botting mats becomes profitable, bot-owners switch routes. Not surprising that the practise was abandoned after talismans, you'd be getting more from npc'ing the mats at <20k per sub.

• Sziporka - Morai
    Sziporka - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please wait a week or two. Once sub prices go through the roof, botting mats becomes profitable, bot-owners switch routes. Not surprising that the practise was abandoned after talismans, you'd be getting more from npc'ing the mats at <20k per sub.

This game is like stock exchange. You can plan, you can analyze the trends but anytime can happen something what brings you new situation you have to adapt and have to change your mind.
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the entire idea of this post is lazy as posible... it's a simple solution... maybe a liitle old fashion but here goes: you get off your lazy rear ends and farm the mats

or you can pay the price that the catshops sell them at

if I ran a catshop for subs, I'd be raising the price of them too...

b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    now this is something that will be bot exploited big time, people with multi bot toons that inflated gold price moved a bit to herbs, and now materials will be an additional source for the illegal bots

This. So much this.

And people will, indeed, farm 10 subs in 15 to 20 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited June 2015
    I see people complaining about where they are going to get subs now that talismans are gone.

When they say they "don't know where to get subs now", I believe they mean they don't know where they are going to get subs without having to do something that isn't one of the bajillion dailies they do on 5+ toons.
    If one knew that subs could be farmed they'd always have subs, correct? They wouldn't complain about sub prices skyrocketing or the erroneous notion of lack of availability of subs because talismans are gone, would they?

People are entitled and don't like having to take extra time and effort to farm something that was once offered as an bonus reward to one of the bajillion dailies they do on 5+ toons. I suppose I'm lucky that my mental issues make playing more casually my only decent option. Spending more than a few hours in the game is difficult for me, even with alternate stimuli to break the monotony, and the concept of dailies has always been something less appealing to me. After doing daily BH100(assuming it's TT or Snakefist) and Lyceum I can't be bothered to do any other dailies. I have been 100 rebirthed for about two months now and have only done the primal dailies 2 or 3 times, not counting active point use. My biggest daily is Lyceum, as a big pokenerd I'm all about evolving every pet possible. And currently I am focused on trying to get BH100 done when I can as the potential funds from Mirages/Cards help, and my Psychic(who is my main) is now in his 80's and the spirit items from BH2 are a big help.
    Any TT you farm will net profits after sub costs.

I have to disagree. Green mats may be potential money, but one has to actually sell them to net any profit at all. With how flooded the market seems to be with any green mat that isn't from bosses exclusive to squad mode 2-x/3-x, and with qsm gear devaluing anything not used for the eventual TT99, that can be quite the lengthy process. I've spent over a week catshopping for a few hours each day and not sold a single green mat. That kind of time could likely have earned more than the mats would have made me if I had pursued other methods. I have better results picking herbs and mats in Heaven/Hell and selling them to 1KS catshops. Personally, I think TT is no longer an effective money maker compared to other, easier methods.

This, +Infinity. Don't make 5+toons if you don't want to have to do a bajillion dailies on each and then still take the time to farm for things the dailies don't give you.