PWI log in event for May

Options

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I logged during the first 5 hours on the 6th, and everyday after that several times. Waited over 5 hours yesterday, no mail, sent ticket.
    Logged in again today, waited , still no mail, logged in and out, reset pc, logged in and out of ARC, waited some more, still no mail b:cry

I can tell arc has nothing to do with this event - least I got first tier and I havent logged arc since I last updated the game.

What seems to be the thing, judging by how blog post is worded now, is that you have to log out completely and log back on each day in order to get the credit for login. Just going back to character select isnt enough.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver
    Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    you have to log out completely and log back on each day in order to get the credit for login. Just going back to character select isnt enough.

Also done this everyday, logged out completely, re-enter username, password and then select first toon I wish reward on, now I just wish it on any b:laugh
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just let my character stand in one spot for over half an hour. Finally got reward for all characters on the one account at the same time. SEEMS YOU HAVE TO STAY INGAME TILL REWARD IS SENT TO ACCOUNT. BUT NOTICED - ONLY THE CHARACTERS I SIGNED IN - (pressed sign in button in event calendar) - DID GET REWARD. NO CHARACTER NOT SIGNED IN GOT REWARD. For the last 3 days i didn't log in and out for every character, just returned to character screen and entered character into game and pressed sign in button.
    Hope this helps ppl who can't get theirs yet
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It seems like it would have been a bit easier on us players if they had given us some way to verify (either via quest or an item that appears in our inventory) that we've correctly earned it each day. Right now there is quite a bit of guess work in the process.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So here's another question, now that I think of it. Do you have to log in, THEN log out completely and back in for it to count? Does just opening up Arc for the first time in the day not count?!

I have no idea because I logged in each day, but nothing. I have been online for ages each day and NOTHING. This wouldn't be so frustrating if I knew what I was doing wrong!
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Holy Jumpin' Jeremy....1200 event gold per account is gunna be nice. I'll never need to buy another charm. Thanks for the updated infor OPKossy,,,,,,
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What counts as logging out completely? Do you have to close and reopen the game client or is clicking return to character screen, then exit (which takes you to the login screen) sufficient?
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is it just people on Dreamweaver that have done everything they were supposed to but still not got reward, or other servers too?
    I know some people on DW say they have gotten rewards, but lots seem to be still waiting here
  • m4rk1c
    m4rk1c Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is it just people on Dreamweaver that have done everything they were supposed to but still not got reward, or other servers too?
    I know some people on DW say they have gotten rewards, but lots seem to be still waiting here

Same here.Been online every day,reloged multiple times arc and game and still didnt get anything on any of my toons.Just sucks
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The last login event I got the event gold from the login reward, but when I redeemed the code for the second reward, I got everything EXCEPT the event gold. With this event being given on multiple characters, anyone able to confirm whether it will be the same? I'm hoping it won't be, I need tons of random dyes and a new flyer.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The last login event I got the event gold from the login reward, but when I redeemed the code for the second reward, I got everything EXCEPT the event gold. With this event being given on multiple characters, anyone able to confirm whether it will be the same? I'm hoping it won't be, I need tons of random dyes and a new flyer.
    That's typically not supposed to happen unless you don't have enough room in your mailbox. Since all three rewards are sent at once, take a "before" screenshot of your mail and then an "after" one once you get the rewards but without opening them. Assuming you only get two mails, of course. Getting three means that you received all the items for that tier.
    belnor wrote: »
    It seems like it would have been a bit easier on us players if they had given us some way to verify (either via quest or an item that appears in our inventory) that we've correctly earned it each day. Right now there is quite a bit of guess work in the process.
    Would be nice, yes, but they've never done it and it would require them getting assistance from China since they're not allowed to alter the game's code to do things like make NPCs, quests, or the like. At best they could fill our mailboxes with some useless item each day but that system's slow and unreliable enough as is for just general rewards on one day and having it do something like that for two weeks would just cause extra confusion as it'd be bound to **** up somewhere.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote:
    Would be nice, yes, but they've never done it and it would require them getting assistance from China since they're not allowed to alter the game's code to do things like make NPCs, quests, or the like. At best they could fill our mailboxes with some useless item each day but that system's slow and unreliable enough as is for just general rewards on one day and having it do something like that for two weeks would just cause extra confusion as it'd be bound to **** up somewhere.

I figured if I was going to complain, I should at least offer a few suggestions on how it might be better for next time (or this time if miracles can happen here). b:pleased
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    belnor wrote: »
    I figured if I was going to complain, I should at least offer a few suggestions on how it might be better for next time (or this time if miracles can happen here). b:pleased

At least you're trying to give constructive criticism. That's appreciated compared to how most tend to go into caps lock rant mode with nothing of value to be found. b:chuckle

It's far more reliable for them to give a code than this login method... but considering the recent issue Arc's having with Windows XP, maybe that's why they decided to forgo a code this time. Granted, I could be giving them way too much credit here, but I want to at least pretend to be hopeful on occasion.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    At least you're trying to give constructive criticism. That's appreciated compared to how most tend to go into caps lock rant mode with nothing of value to be found. b:chuckle

It's far more reliable for them to give a code than this login method... but considering the recent issue Arc's having with Windows XP, maybe that's why they decided to forgo a code this time. Granted, I could be giving them way too much credit here, but I want to at least pretend to be hopeful on occasion.

I feel its clear they chose login event to promote activity. Reasons behind this are most likely investor related, the quality of rewards would suggest they really want 2 weekish activity streak for something.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I feel its clear they chose login event to promote activity. Reasons behind this are most likely investor related, the quality of rewards would suggest they really want 2 weekish activity streak for something.

We've pretty much all figured as much but let me indulge in my fantasy for a moment. b:cry
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST OR RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノo
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    4th day of logging to get rewards, only with 1 single char to not **** it up, started on the 6th after their time was announced.

Stayed online 1hour + each day. (PC shut off regularly during the day...so a real log in happened)

Waited 2-3 hours today after logging online twice.
    Not a single mail.

good ****
    I guess 4 days isnt enough to get a 3 day reward
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST OR RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノo
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First, thanks Kossy for the clarification post. Unfortunately, it is too little too late to get the 14 day reward. With midnight UTC, as the reset kind of got screwed out of the first day login.

Thanks PWI
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First, thanks Kossy for the clarification post. Unfortunately, it is too little too late to get the 14 day reward. With midnight UTC, as the reset kind of got screwed out of the first day login.

Thanks PWI

They announced yesterday that they were extended it till the 22nd.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thanks PWI

UTC determines the time of the separation of days. Not the date the event ends. That's determined by PST and the event was extended to the 22nd. At the time of me making this post you have over a day to still be able to gain all the rewards.

Still confused? No problem.

Here's how it works with the assumption someone's missed everything up until reading this post and Pacific Time Zone as the format:

Now -> May 9 4:59 PM = Day 1
    May 9 5:00 PM -> May 10 4:59 PM = Day 2
    May 10 5:00 PM -> May 11 4:59 PM = Day 3
    May 11 5:00 PM -> May 12 4:59 PM = Day 4
    May 12 5:00 PM -> May 13 4:59 PM = Day 5
    May 13 5:00 PM -> May 14 4:59 PM = Day 6
    May 14 5:00 PM -> May 15 4:59 PM = Day 7
    May 15 5:00 PM -> May 16 4:59 PM = Day 8
    May 16 5:00 PM -> May 17 4:59 PM = Day 9
    May 17 5:00 PM -> May 18 4:59 PM = Day 10
    May 18 5:00 PM -> May 19 4:59 PM = Day 11
    May 19 5:00 PM -> May 20 4:59 PM = Day 12
    May 20 5:00 PM -> May 21 4:59 PM = Day 13
    May 21 5:00 PM -> May 22 4:59 PM = Day 14
    May 22 5:00 PM -> May 22 9:59 PM = Day 15

So no, nobody is screwed out of getting all the rewards yet. Those who got the 5 hour window just finish on the 18th at 5 PM. Those who started between the 5 hour window and now will finish between the 19th at 5 PM and the 21st at 5 PM. Those who don't start til after 5 PM today will finish on the 22nd at 5 PM.... and only if you start after 5 PM tomorrow are you actually going to end up unable to get all the rewards.

Naturally, this assumes you don't miss any days. If you started early (as in between the five hour window and now), you get a 1-4 day buffer for missing them depending on when you started. If you don't start until after 5 PM today, that's the only case where you have to make it perfectly to get every reward. And, of course, those who start at 5 PM tomorrow and later will only be able to get up to tier 2.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It does. Thank you.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Glad to help clear up the confusion.

For those who were having issues getting the day 3 reward, post whether or not you get it this time around after the day changes (as well as after waiting a couple of hours for it to show up in the mail). If you don't have it after the wait, my question to you is have you been signing in with the event calender daily as well? If you have, when you submit your ticket use a screenshot of it to help your case since, even if you missed the entirety of the initial 5 hour window AND the full day after it, you should be at 3 days when hypers reset today.
  • Zaleskia - Sanctuary
    Zaleskia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ive read over the explainations a few times and ive been doing everything outlined on the requirements. Today is day 4 of event and i log in every day after work around 7ish my time which is 11pm UTC and still not a single item in the mail. Ive even logged all 7 characters on my main account and just 1 on an alt account and still nothing. And yes I always make sure i sign in on the calendar for my rewards. And since the event ive made sure to close out my game completely when i go to bed. This is very frustrating. :S
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ive read over the explainations a few times and ive been doing everything outlined on the requirements. Today is day 4 of event and i log in every day after work around 7ish my time which is 11pm UTC and still not a single item in the mail. Ive even logged all 7 characters on my main account and just 1 on an alt account and still nothing. And yes I always make sure i sign in on the calendar for my rewards. And since the event ive made sure to close out my game completely when i go to bed. This is very frustrating. :S

did you stayed logged in for the suggested time they gave you? (up to 3 hours)
    I got all my items in a timeframe no longer then 45minutes (sometimes 5, sometimes 30) but when they suggest it, make sure to wait that long.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have 2 accounts and one main who I actually care about getting the rewards on. From the start it made sense and i have always gotten the login rewards properly for it. My question is this: On my second account, if it gets screwed up, i don't care, but would like to get the rewards on a specific char. I know by the specifications that it has "qualified" for them, but i don't stay logged in with it long enough to see a mail. If this truly counted as a valid login and on the last day (if i were to continue doing it this way), do you think if i kept it logged in for a few hours, i
    would get all the tier rewards that day or just not get any?

I will say what happens at the end, but wanted to hear opinions, thanks in advance.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have 2 accounts and one main who I actually care about getting the rewards on. From the start it made sense and i have always gotten the login rewards properly for it. My question is this: On my second account, if it gets screwed up, i don't care, but would like to get the rewards on a specific char. I know by the specifications that it has "qualified" for them, but i don't stay logged in with it long enough to see a mail. If this truly counted as a valid login and on the last day (if i were to continue doing it this way), do you think if i kept it logged in for a few hours, i
    would get all the tier rewards that day or just not get any?

I will say what happens at the end, but wanted to hear opinions, thanks in advance.
    You do not have to stay logged on long enough to see the mail. As long as you qualify (and the system doesn't **** up as it occasionally does) you'll get the mail within 3 hours of logging in to the qualifying character. Even if, during that time, you had logged out entirely, or switched characters.

That being said, most of us prefer to wait to see the mail on the characters we care about before moving on for our own sanity and to avoid the possibility of a mishap where it gets sent to the wrong character as has happened to some people in the past with similar events.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Meh..forget this hot mess.

Im sure they`ll post a code at the end to cover the 25-75% of the people that always get shafted on these "events"

and if not..Good Luck everyone..hope you all get lots of stuffies b:chuckle
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Still no rewards on aany of my toons and accounts. I log all of them every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Still nothing here either, in the process of screenshotting calendar and meridian etc, not sure what else can do. Thing is if for some reason its broken for my accts then I'm not gonna be able to get the next tiers either. Maybe PWI will send us a code, then it will be for ONE toon only and everyone who has gotten tier one so far has on all toons on the acct b:surrender
    Annoyed now, spent 5 days checking in relogging and stressing about it .. sigh, why dont I learn that PWI never does anything correctly? 4 1/2 years playing I should know this!