PWI log in event for May

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are you pissed of?
    The log in promotion havent started yet.
    it starts may 6 at 12:00 pm. Which will probably be after this today maint.
    So you havent missed anything.
    Next time learn to read and find out what day you are in before becoming pissed off.

Ohhhhhhhh, that might save me. I'm in Australia and I only read that it was the 6th already here, but of course it hasn't hit 12pm.......Now I'm only mildly pi55ed off that I made myself look like an idiot.....
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a question (or many) regarding the May Login Promotion.

Ill give an example, I log in on 1 toon immediately after maintenance and stay on for 30 minutes. is that counted as the login for that day?

If I then log in on another toon at 10:01pm PDT and stay on till after 10:32pm
    is that counted as another login?

If I log in after reset on still a third toon and stay online for 30min, will that get the tier 1 reward, or does it count as simply logging in on 3 toons once each??

Alternately what date and time will the rewards be sent by post assuming I relog a toon I have been playing 1 minute after reset each day?

I'm asking this since I swap between toons at random times and need to know EXACTLY when I should log on the toon I want to get the rewards.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jamesmcd wrote: »

Ill give an example, I log in on 1 toon immediately after maintenance and stay on for 30 minutes. is that counted as the login for that day?

If I log in after reset on still a third toon and stay online for 30min, will that get the tier 1 reward, or does it count as simply logging in on 3 toons once each??

Alternately what date and time will the rewards be sent by post assuming I relog a toon I have been playing 1 minute after reset each day?

I'm asking this since I swap between toons at random times and need to know EXACTLY when I should log on the toon I want to get the rewards.

With PW way of doing things no one know for sure what you have to do exactly.
    Thats why I am saying that is better to log in first on the toon you want to receive the gifts and stay on it atleast 30minutes than doing other way and **** up everything.
    If you dont receive the gifts in 30minutes than its bad luck.
    People had this kind of bad luck with the past promotion thats why PW released codes for those that didnt received any gift. And probably they will do so with this promotion too.
    giphy.gif

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited May 2015
    jamesmcd wrote: »

I read it as follows:

Log in day 3....wait...sometime in next 30mins you get Tier 1 rewards in your mailbox.

However no doubt we all all going to try and log on/off three times straight after maintenance and see what happens....Then if nothing happens, probably log on wait 30mins and log off 3 times and see if that works.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guys might also want to make sure to hit check in for each account character you're planning to get it. Using the sign-ins would let them bypass the worry about what time each day, as that is available at each reset. So I'm logging in and hitting sign in just to not have to worry, and have proof if there is an issue that requires it. A screenie showing 6th through 19th would likely help more than not having it.

The worry for me is the following :

Let's say you play with toon1 and toon2 in same account.
    You want rewards on toon1 even if you currently play more with toon2
    So yeah you will log toon1 first but how long do you need to wait before logging toon2 to be sure it will be ok. There will be no notification.
    And do you really have to relog on the second day ? What if toon2 is already logged and PWI decides it's the first one logged for this day ?

It would be really safer with a button to press or even by getting an item in inventory with a NPC to get the rewards (even if inventory should be extended)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Best way to deal if you want to possibly split the tiers to different characters(in case that tiers are one-character-only and thus tier 1 redeemable with char 1, tier 2 on char 2 and tier 3 on char 3) and want to do it the safest way.

1. Log-in first on the character you'd like to get all-tiers on when promo begins. This is safety measure in case only the first char logged in gets all tiers.

2. Log out and log in again. Then log out again. Now 2 log-ins have been used in case it counts log-ins, not days.

3. Log in the character you'd like to get tier 1 rewards with and wait for about 30 mins. If this promo counts log-ins, not days, you'll get tier 1 rewards.
    If you got the rewards on it, check 4a.
    If you didn't get the rewards, check the character you logged in first when the promo began(all tiers-character) and wait 30 mins.
    If it got the rewards instead check 4c.
    If no character got rewards yet, check 4b.

4a. Log characters on same acc on and off for another 3 times and then log on the char you want tier 2-reward on. Then relog characters for another 6 times and log character you want tier 3 reward on on 14th login.
    4b. ...wait until day 2. Log in the character you'd like to get all rewards on at some points of day 2. Check 5.
    4c. Log character you want to get all tiers with on and off it for another 12 times to get rest of the rewards.

5. On day 3 log-in the character you'd like tier 1 reward on and wait for 30 minutes.
    If you got the reward, log in some char on days 4-6 and 8-13 and remember to log in first the chars you want tiers 2 and 3 on days 7 and 14.
    If it didn't get the reward, log in the character you'd want all tiers on and wait for 30 minutes. If it now got the reward, keep logging it on everyday 'til day 14.

Kitty assumes the character you log in when promo begins gets all tiers. But this way you can at least try if the promo was made more alt-friendly way. Kitty updates this post after testing it herself when promo starts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All of this and who said that this new thing all gonna work lmao.

You guys dream alot !!

Wake up it's Perfect World !!

They make problems so you guys can fix it and make it Perfect ? oh wait no .. never mind.

Well i can smell a new error on pushing mails again, and guess what ? Lol prepare for the Codes assault.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi Sutr, hi Alex, hi PWE staff,

the most easy way to avoid all this confusion and all those troubles would be, to make ALL rewards stash-able.

Just do it.
    Just do it.
    Just do it.

If you put Account Stash Stone on sale during event in addition, there wouldn't be any rage or QQ (I'd bet all long-term players have it already anyway).

IT EVEN DOESN'T MATTER IF Demon/Sage Event Card Tickets ARE STASH-ABLE OR NOT, BECAUSE THE EVENT GOLD IS USABLE BY ANY TOON OF AN ACCOUNT ANYWAY!! LIKE "NORMAL" GOLD.

I also hope you monitor the new (botter/scammer) accounts which will get created during the event... Delete them asap. And while we are at it: why do gold sellers not get banned, even if you report them? The same toons can spam in word chat for months and years.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    once again my question..when exactly does the event start? your weird way of pm and am always confuses me.

according to http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=12 the event should start in 10 hours from this post, right?

but if 12 pm is 21:00 for me, how can 11 pm (maintenance post) be my 08:00...whoever invented this likes to count backwards it seems >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah it's a bit confusing
    10 am - 11am - 12pm - 1pm - 2pm ... 10pm - 11pm - 12am - 1am - 2am...

not logical at all but that is how it works...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited May 2015
    zoube wrote: »
    yeah it's a bit confusing
    10 am - 11am - 12pm - 1pm - 2pm ... 10pm - 11pm - 12am - 1am - 2am...

not logical at all but that is how it works...

thats helpful, thank you :) i will try to burn it into my cells now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so this event starts at "may 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM PDT" for me since i'm in nyc my time would be 3 pm right?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    once again my question..when exactly does the event start? your weird way of pm and am always confuses me.

according to http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=12 the event should start in 10 hours from this post, right?

but if 12 pm is 21:00 for me, how can 11 pm (maintenance post) be my 08:00...whoever invented this likes to count backwards it seems >.<

Simple.
    PDT = UTC-07
    our timezone = UTC+02 (at least mine is)
    Forum = UTC-08 (for info when the post was made)

Meaning the maintenance post at 10:20AM was made at 18:20 utc.
    Which then means that:
    It was posted at
    * 11:20 am for PDT (because forums are at UTC-08, so 1 hour difference from PDT).
    * 18:20 UTC.
    * 20:20 UTC+02 (europe (netherlands/germany, whoever is in GMT+02 (DST) at the moment)

(note, the maintenance post wasn't 11 pm).

21:00 for you is 12pm PDT because:
    12:00pm + 7 (because pdt is utc - 7) = 7pm UTC = 19:00 UTC in normal people's notation
    We are at UTC+02, so add another 2 hours and tada, 21:00

11pm is 11 hours after 12pm (because logic.) (12am comes after 11pm. 12pm after 11am)
    Which means you are mixing up AM and PM.
    hoover69 wrote: »
    so this event starts at "may 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM PDT" for me since i'm in nyc my time would be 3 pm right?

Yes, 12pm PDT = 3pm EDT (which is the timezone NYC is in).
    So yes.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or simply open this handy dandy link and look at what time it is currently in the PDT area without having to make any complicated time conversions and get confused with anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited May 2015
    Or simply open this handy dandy link and look at what time it is currently in the PDT area without having to make any complicated time conversions and get confused with anything.

this was all about the fact that 12 pm does not follow 11 pm (which is kinda weird, but..murrica..) but the problem got solved :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this was all about the fact that 12 pm does not follow 11 pm (which is kinda weird, but..murrica..) but the problem got solved :P

Its actually very logical. Pm means after noon, derived from Latin, which isnt all that important. The important part is the meaning of it. While it might seem illogical 11.59am is followed by 12pm, its not really that when you consider pm means after noon. It becomes apparent when you think how 12.01 am(before noon) would fit with a time thats in fact after noon, hence pm.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We need a countdown timer clock, on the front page or embedded into 1st posts on maint threads/event threads. It's 2015 come on people.

Seeing a timer that says;

Time till Maintenance - 3 hrs 47 mins 26 seconds

is immensely more helpful than 10pm PDT.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • toraah
    toraah Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We need a countdown timer clock, on the front page or embedded into 1st posts on maint threads/event threads. It's 2015 come on people.

Seeing a timer that says;

Time till Maintenance - 3 hrs 47 mins 26 seconds

is immensely more helpful than 10pm PDT.

That is probably far too complicated for PWE's capabilities.

Let's be reasonable here.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited May 2015
    I decided to assume that 12pm means noon and that the time will be on the in-game clock? Do you think this is right. If so the event hasn't started and my logging into a couple JOJ's accidentally wont have negatively affected it yet.

Why this worries me is that maintenance occurred a while before this. So it doesn't seem logical that an event like this would be coded to start 12 hours after maintenance. It seems logical to me that the event would begin when maintenance end and therefore it would have already started and Ive stuffed up.

The translation between here and China are not certain so I'm wondering if 12pm actually meant midnight not noon, and following that train of thought, it might have started on 06/05/2015 at 00.01hours on the 24hr clock.
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    30 mins after maint was over my server's wc went into full sh*tstorm mode about the event not working and started claiming they were sending in tickets.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The worry for me is the following :

Let's say you play with toon1 and toon2 in same account.
    You want rewards on toon1 even if you currently play more with toon2
    So yeah you will log toon1 first but how long do you need to wait before logging toon2 to be sure it will be ok. There will be no notification.
    And do you really have to relog on the second day ? What if toon2 is already logged and PWI decides it's the first one logged for this day ?

It would be really safer with a button to press or even by getting an item in inventory with a NPC to get the rewards (even if inventory should be extended)

Reading this made me remember...

IIRC on last login promo, which had level requirement (think was below level 95 non-reawakened), I logged a level 1 bank before my main. Then switched to my main before receiving anything. I received the rewards on my over 95 reawakened main. This happened on two accounts (one by mistake, and the other as a test).

Looks like the toon under the requirement to activate the login promo only triggers the event, and the rewards will be sent to the toon currently logged in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Werewolves - Morai
    Werewolves - Morai Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can someone clarify if this event has started yet, yes or no answer would be brilliant or when it was.

I am English so it's 15:00 my time right now and PDT is really confusing trying:
    http://www.timebie.com/timezone/pacificdaylightlondon.php

which says 7am so presume it's in 5 hours still?

Found an online clock for PDT Time : http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pdt

Hope this helps people the clock is on the right had of the page and shows the date and time.
    b:victory Never give up with out a fight, or die trying b:surrender
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its actually very logical. Pm means after noon, derived from Latin, which isnt all that important. The important part is the meaning of it. While it might seem illogical 11.59am is followed by 12pm, its not really that when you consider pm means after noon. It becomes apparent when you think how 12.01 am(before noon) would fit with a time thats in fact after noon, hence pm.

It's not that logical actually. First of all it would be more logical to use 00h00 PM instead of 12h00 AM. And anyway literally speaking noon can't be ante meridiem nor post meridiem in any case since midday = meridiem.

Everyone should just use 24h-time or at least use 12 noon / 12 midnight instead of 12pm / 12 am :p
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited May 2015
    It's not that logical actually. First of all it would be more logical to use 00h00 PM instead of 12h00 AM. And anyway literally speaking noon can't be ante meridiem nor post meridiem in any case since midday = meridiem.

Everyone should just use 24h-time or at least use 12 noon / 12 midnight instead of 12pm / 12 am :p

amen to this :P

but thanks to everyone that tried to help/explain here, even if it was a bit too much in some cases.

and no, hideyobubby, 12 pm following 11 am is not logical at all. rip spock :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wednesday_ - Dreamweaver
    Wednesday_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jeez man can we get a gm or someone who really knows how this works to explain it in full detail already. cause non of this really makes sense on how you meet the requirements for this said event thingy.
  • madajmama
    madajmama Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    i wonder if this event is active now ><''
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S CHEST Or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

also we had this exact same thing in March minus the tiers, just complain it doesnt work n we'll get a code so we can claim the reward twice b:pleased
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • bailes021
    bailes021 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Time to spam the Neverwinter forums with PWI problems so we can actually get something fixed b:chuckle
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    According to Kitty's tests this event is most likely "one login per day counted in"-type or they have just utterly failed it. Kitty still tests if all tiers go to character first logged in when promo started or character logged in first on 3rd, 7th and 14th days.

But most likely all rewards go to character you logged in first after promo started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2015
    jeez man can we get a gm or someone who really knows how this works to explain it in full detail already. cause non of this really makes sense on how you meet the requirements for this said event thingy.
    I'm not a GM, but outside of the developers in China, or maybe Asterelle, you're not going to get a straighter answer.

I posted it earlier in this thread....
    You're not looking at it right. Maybe I need to give more detail?

Day 1 ~ 6th @1200hrs - 7th @ 1159hrs
    Day 2 ~ 7th @1200hrs - 8th @ 1159hrs
    Day 3 ~ 8th @1200hrs - 9th @ 1159hrs
    Day 4 ~ 9th @1200hrs - 10th @ 1159hrs
    Day 5 ~ 10th @1200hrs - 11th @ 1159hrs
    Day 6 ~ 11th @1200hrs - 12th @ 1159hrs
    Day 7 ~ 12th @1200hrs - 13th @ 1159hrs
    Day 8 ~ 13th @1200hrs - 14th @ 1159hrs
    Day 9 ~ 14th @1200hrs - 15th @ 1159hrs
    Day 10 ~ 15th @1200hrs - 16th @ 1159hrs
    Day 11 ~ 16th @1200hrs - 17th @ 1159hrs
    Day 12 ~ 17th @1200hrs - 18th @ 1159hrs