Stormbringer Class Discussion

Options

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've had different results when checking out my clone's stats. For me it seems to have a base amount of m/p def and hp and then gets my hp, m def, p def, divided by 2 added to it (pet lost 1k p def when i took off my necky that gives +2k p def). It also seems to get half of your attacks levels as well.

I've got /3 for pdef based on the values I got from 3 different readings. 759 phys def on cleric gave 9988 for pet. 356 gave 9806, and 1455 gave 10,314. So 403 phys def difference gave 182, then from there a 696 difference gave 326 difference. So 2.21 for the first set, 2.13 for the next. There's likely a consistent level of diminishing return the higher it goes.

Didn't do my tests with any buffs, since it was base damage only and buffs usually just add a multiple to existing base damage anyways. Magic wouldn't affect it for the same reason; it adds a multiple, it's not base damage. It is what gets multiplied by our base damage to determine our character's magic attack, so that wouldn't have been considered either way from skill description.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Anyone have a pic of the Lunar Nirvana scythe? Was just gonna make TT one, but it's so ugly. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am surprised and pleased how fast stormbringers are getting chi.
    I use avatar of the storm.
    then i use 2-3 skills and i got 1 spark again
    You can get chi so fast with storm unlike the other AA classes.
    cast lunar guidance 2-3 times in a row and its imposible to not get 1 spark.
    And using the clone its awesome.
    Too bad it last only 20 seconds. I wish it was extended to 1 minute.
    giphy.gif

• sorenaarwen
    sorenaarwen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Must have missed something but where do I get the first flyer? I have none. Found it. Main guest list. Should have looked there long ago TY.
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I cannot believe i still see Stormbringers that use skills that alow them to cast while moving but they dont move.I see stormbringers fighting melee mobs without moving.I see them in 59 and 69 dungeons. And they have a lot of room to move due to the fact the mobs in the back were already killed but they dont. WTF.
    giphy.gif

• dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I cannot believe i still see Stormbringers that use skills that alow them to cast while moving but they dont move.I see stormbringers fighting melee mobs without moving.I see them in 59 and 69 dungeons. And they have a lot of room to move due to the fact the mobs in the back were already killed but they dont. WTF.

because of laziness b:chuckle
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ****, just found out there's a way to remove Reaper Form early. So there is a weakness to it, just as a heads up.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ****, just found out there's a way to remove Reaper Form early. So there is a weakness to it, just as a heads up.

You mean by cleric purify? Havent tried it yet b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Bewitch, most likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Bewitch, most likely.

Possibly, I just know the dang bewitch from the AEU dual boss removes it when the toad transformation ends, and I see no reason why it wouldn't do the same for the veno version.

Makes sense it would though; both likely trigger the same transformation mechanic, so one should over-write the other. Ought to be a nice shock for all the people claiming how OP a stormbringer cata puller is though.

"I'm invincible!"

"Now I'm a koopie doll.."

"Oh, now I'm dead."
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah presumably. It also goes around the purge protection you get with the morai skill.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • mrkbbjj
    mrkbbjj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm new to the game or should say returning to the game(been couple of years since I've played), and what points should I spend on my stormbringer? I was doing 3mag,1vit,1 str, but I'm thinking I should of been putting some in Dex for critical hits? I'm only going to do pve/probably just solo for the most part.
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mrkbbjj wrote: »
    I'm new to the game or should say returning to the game(been couple of years since I've played), and what points should I spend on my stormbringer? I was doing 3mag,1vit,1 str, but I'm thinking I should of been putting some in Dex for critical hits? I'm only going to do pve/probably just solo for the most part.

Dont waste time with Dex. Go full magic build.
    giphy.gif

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mrkbbjj wrote: »

9 magic, 1 str every 2 levels (str should be your current level/2 +4, rounded up, max is 55 str) Vit is a waste of points especially with how cheap 3nv armor is and how much hp you get from it.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So does anyone know how hard absorb soul hits these guys in and outside of reaper form? W/o any sort of pdef buff outside of reaper form I'd imagine in = gear it would be kinda hard. Unless their passives also protect them from the "dot" effect that is absoul? Just wondering b/c from the locks of it ab soul will be the only way to take this class down quick.b:surrender
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Question for people, who has already tested SB in PVP.
    I'm going to make this character http://mypers.pw/1.2/#54000 (calc hasn't been upgraded for new classes yet, actually it will be r8 second grade. it's normal equip for my server and most pvp persons has about this chars) and now I'm thinking about Unique Addon: Atk. Level (25-30) or Purify Spell. What will be better for SB ? I think that better will be Purify Spell, because in this way I can always run around melee classes and to hit them in moving, while they will just try to catch me. In PVP with range classes i can always be in close range and opponents damage will be reduced. But I doubt about my damage, will it enough to kill someone w/o most part of atk.lvl.

What do you think about this?
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd go with atk level, personally. The puri proc rate on r8r is kinda abysmal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I agree with Eoria, in current pvp you also really need that attack level to counter other people's defense levels if you want to have significant damage output, and for puri proc to have any sort of dependability, even on r9r3, you need to be tanking a few people. It can still proc randomly and save you in 1v1 but it's not something you can depend on the way you can attack levels. You really need to be pretty tanky without puri proc for it to start paying dividends.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok my stormbringer is lvl88 with lvl 70 QSM gear. Ill get TT90 gear when ill reach the lvl. Already have money for that. But not about my gear I want to talk here.
    I want to talk about SB clone. I have noticed something about clone attack damage on lvl?(150) mobs.
    Everytime I do the daily Fall Fall quests( also called Winter is coming) and I have to kill lvl? mobs the clone deals like 4k damage on them while the real toon deals only 1,5-2k damage.
    So the clone has no damage reduction on lvl 150 mobs like Avatar of the storm? Or it has but its smaller than the dmg reduction of the damage delt by the real toon?
    And this also works on lvl? mobs in instances ( like the ones in delta) and bosses like those in TT and WS? Or it just works on lvl? mobs in open world map.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok my stormbringer is lvl88 with lvl 70 QSM gear. Ill get TT90 gear when ill reach the lvl. Already have money for that. But not about my gear I want to talk here.
    I want to talk about SB clone. I have noticed something about clone attack damage on lvl?(150) mobs.
    Everytime I do the daily Fall Fall quests( also called Winter is coming) and I have to kill lvl? mobs the clone deals like 4k damage on them while the real toon deals only 1,5-2k damage.
    So the clone has no damage reduction on lvl 150 mobs like Avatar of the storm? Or it has but its smaller than the dmg reduction of the damage delt by the real toon?
    And this also works on lvl? mobs in instances ( like the ones in delta) and bosses like those in TT and WS? Or it just works on lvl? mobs in open world map.

They are both pets, so neither receives a damage reduction penalty from attacking ? lvl mobs. It's one of the reasons SB is so great for end game instance runs as a DD role.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The clone does indeed do full damage against lv? mobs. It is particularly useful in the different chrono maps, as it can one shot several mobs. Combined with Avatar of the Storm you can wipe out entire hordes in valley of the scarred.

It still amazes me that I can go to all the maps with no culti. I'm currently needing to grab cinnabar for the amulet and I still haven't even done wave 4 yet. I remember when I was literally the only person I knew that could even get into map 2 4 or 4 b:chuckle

In the other thread they claim that searing moonlight actually increases EVERYONE ELSE'S skill damage on the target you are blasting by up to 15%.

That sounds cool and all, but I would rather keep it 40% magic def debuffed and spam skills etc.

It only amps skill damage, which tends to me magical so I'll take the 30% minimum debuff + all my other options in a squad over me being rooted to the spot doing terrible damage and amping that skill damage (eventually) up to 15%.

I guess it would be great if you had a lot of archers using BoA, or seekers with vortex? You could all go afk with mp charms lol.

Regardless its just another example of incomplete and outright misleading skill descriptions of the class. Frigid Thunder not being classified as water damage is another one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In the other thread they claim that searing moonlight actually increases EVERYONE ELSE'S skill damage on the target you are blasting by up to 15%.

That sounds cool and all, but I would rather keep it 40% magic def debuffed and spam skills etc.

It only amps skill damage, which tends to me magical so I'll take the 30% minimum debuff + all my other options in a squad over me being rooted to the spot doing terrible damage and amping that skill damage (eventually) up to 15%.

Regardless its just another example of incomplete and outright misleading skill descriptions of the class. Frigid Thunder not being classified as water damage is another one.

Depends on squad comp. Our debuff can be worse than others, especially if you have a BM tossing down GS. Once you involve squad, it is what can be done best out of it, and our debuff will fall short in many instance.

Skill descript seemed simple enough to me. Says amps skill damage, and after seeing it amped Avatar noticed it applied debuff to boss. Seemed a logical step to think it amped everyone's, otherwise it would be a self-buff instead.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    True, but there were some people that read the description and thought the skill ONLY slowed the target and got progressively more damaging of itself. I did at first, as the icon it uses is particular to the skill itself not the regular amp damage icon.

I barely even used it since I rarely needed to slow something down while doing poor damage in pve solo so I never really noticed it amping anything let alone everything.

Now though I find it is quite helpful when used properly.

If I'm fighting a lv150 boss I debuff, clone, avatar, and laser the target until the debuff runs out. Repeat when able, to maximize the damage of those 2 skills/anyone else that is in squad.

I still have a tt80 gold scythe so when I go to ws for bh metal I am a bit more helpful amping my R9 friend's damage during the fight than spamming skills. Then I switch to my mystic for the rest of ws b:chuckle

I just gotta get 4 of those empire back images for my lunar scythe b:dirty

One other use for searing moonlight that I haven't had a chance to try out really is dropping vortex and then shooting your laser at the target so they are forced to stay near the vortex and be pulled back in repeatedly.

Though that is more about me thinking up ANY way at all of making vortex useful apart from the direct opposite of its intended purpose. Generally you drop one and everything near it cannot get away from it fast enough b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok so I am not a PVP player except NW. I never did something 1vs1 but today while I was doing BQ something camed to my mind. Was during the time i was using Ice bullet against mobs.

So we know that Ice bullet stuns the enemy for 5 seconds based on the number of ice charge.
    3 ice charge=15 seconds stun.

So while a SB has 3 ice charge would this combo work in a 1vs1?

Ice bullet+Avatar of the Storm+ Any other skill you like to deal dmg to enemy.
    giphy.gif

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok so I am not a PVP player except NW. I never did something 1vs1 but today while I was doing BQ something camed to my mind. Was during the time i was using Ice bullet against mobs.

So we know that Ice bullet stuns the enemy for 5 seconds based on the number of ice charge.
    3 ice charge=15 seconds stun.

So while a SB has 3 ice charge would this combo work in a 1vs1?

Ice bullet+Avatar of the Storm+ Any other skill you like to deal dmg to enemy.

It's a 3-5 second stun, 3 charges = 5s with demon always stunning for at least 4 seconds.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's a 3-5 second stun, 3 charges = 5s with demon always stunning for at least 4 seconds.

On my SB skill says it stuns the target for 5 seconds based on the number of the ice charges.
    It doesnt say anything about those 3-5 seconds stun.
    I noticed that while I used on a mob when i had 2 or 3 ice charge the stun was longer than on the time i had only 1 ice charge.
    AH someone needs to time this and see if it really stuns the target for 5 seconds only with 3 ice charges or for 15 seconds.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    On my SB skill says it stuns the target for 5 seconds based on the number of the ice charges.
    It doesnt say anything about those 3-5 seconds stun.
    I noticed that while I used on a mob when i had 2 or 3 ice charge the stun was longer than on the time i had only 1 ice charge.
    AH someone needs to time this and see if it really stuns the target for 5 seconds only with 3 ice charges or for 15 seconds.

5 and 15 aren't even remotely close, there is absolutely no reason to time it to tell that it does 5 max. But you can easily cast it and see it doesn't even reach halfway shaded for its CD to tell it does only 5. And it says for up to 5 seconds; that means 5 is the maximum, with less amounts possible.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    b:cry is 5 seconds only.
    I was hoping for 15 seconds of stunning.

anyway SB still remains an awesome class to be played.
    giphy.gif

• kingmaster76
    kingmaster76 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How long we need to wait for the R9RR Mold and G16 Weapon mold and for the Sage/Demon skills Sparkiesoft if you read this message please can you give us a feed back or can you tell us a realase for the gear/skills it must not be 100% the right day its enough if you tell us month or something like that b:sadb:surrender
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How long we need to wait for the R9RR Mold and G16 Weapon mold and for the Sage/Demon skills Sparkiesoft if you read this message please can you give us a feed back or can you tell us a realase for the gear/skills it must not be 100% the right day its enough if you tell us month or something like that b:sadb:surrender

Until the day that China . wanmei in this case decide to send all of that to us in a patch.
    giphy.gif