Stormbringer Class Discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am not sure if this is already mentioned or is a bug but Avatar of the Storm does make an initial skill sound effect on cast, but unlike Seekers and Wizzies AoE they don't make a constant sound. So when you are nearby or not you can't really tell and get the full experience of AoE. Even though I know it doesn't really last long, having more sound from it would be so cool like the other AoEs. b:thanks
  • nephilim63
    nephilim63 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    From Eruption, I'm leaning more towards sage. The demon boost is usually nice for the channeling reduction; but we already have a free 20% channeling boost from a skill add. So it seems rather redundant, making the extra tanking stack that much nicer.

For skills, it really could go either way. They tend to like sticking one side with the other's main focus on a really nice skill, to make it seem more important for choice.

Looking for lengthened stuns/freeze duration with demon, and possibly reduced CD with sage. Possibly additional orbs generated from sage side, though if they put a % that would make it useless. Would love a slight chi regen while using searing moonlight for sage, and a reduced interval for demon. Would make both sides quite nice.

They might try going differently than shortened DoT duration or more damage though. As long as another is cast in X time, it stays constantly there, so reduced duration wouldn't do much. Likely one will have 6 max charges, the other will have the spike skill to remove the stacks have shorter CD.

Since we don't have celestial skills out yet, just looking to go sage and change later if I need to. Will be the first sage character I've ever made.

To me it looked like Demon deals more damage and sage is more for - Channeling. I already have -20% so i went demon and hit hard as hell. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1733581 this is the link to all the demon and sage skills so maybe this will help.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nephilim63 wrote: »
    To me it looked like Demon deals more damage and sage is more for - Channeling. I already have -20% so i went demon and hit hard as hell. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1733581 this is the link to all the demon and sage skills so maybe this will help.

Sage has skills with flat out damage boost, and damage amp, so you might want to check your link. No idea why you quoted a post I made before we had the skill descripts, when this subforum has had many of us weigh in after the skills were posted.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was experimenting yesterday and discovered something very interesting and deadly. This will mainly be beneficial to endgame sage SB due to thier ability to consistantly triple spark at close to the same rate as assassins, but demons can keep up maybe. The dot effects from SB skills are affected by triple spark because they are not set damage.

Why is this potentially dangerous? Ever been hit by an endgame mystic who leech+ spark+ growth combo'd primal swirling mist..... The dot ticks for 4-7k dmg are rediculous...

Now imagine this on a sb who just who 3 sparks and tranforms and increases range and casts all those skills with the 20%base magic bonus magic dot adds....why not throw in a discharge inbetween all those thunder snows(with the 1 sec c/d)..8 secs is more than enough time to pull this off from out of range....It works in normal cast range as well.... If you are worried about cc pop a anti movement with the speed boost pot after 3 sparking(recommended for when using non ranged combo) to ensure you are not interrupted and you can chase down enemies who like to holypath after seeing triple sparks and continue your harrassment...there are a few counters to this but im not mentioning them here lol and when i say few i mean very VERY limited
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was experimenting yesterday and discovered something very interesting and deadly. This will mainly be beneficial to endgame sage SB due to thier ability to consistantly triple spark at close to the same rate as assassins, but demons can keep up maybe. The dot effects from SB skills are affected by triple spark because they are not set damage.

Why is this potentially dangerous? Ever been hit by an endgame mystic who leech+ spark+ growth combo'd primal swirling mist..... The dot ticks for 4-7k dmg are rediculous...

Now imagine this on a sb who just who 3 sparks and tranforms and increases range and casts all those skills with the 20%base magic bonus magic dot adds....why not throw in a discharge inbetween all those thunder snows(with the 1 sec c/d)..8 secs is more than enough time to pull this off from out of range....It works in normal cast range as well.... If you are worried about cc pop a anti movement with the speed boost pot after 3 sparking(recommended for when using non ranged combo) to ensure you are not interrupted and you can chase down enemies who like to holypath after seeing triple sparks and continue your harrassment...there are a few counters to this but im not mentioning them here lol and when i say few i mean very VERY limited

Thanks for putting this out there as alot of people dont seem to realize this.b:victory

Same principle also applies to Mark of Weakness, Magical shackles, Absorb soul, Thunderball, ect.. pretty much any dot that isn't based off soulforce (soulburn).
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would also like to add to my previous post that it may not be wise to upgrade ED to lvl 11 unless you are r9. This is based on the path absorb soul followed once lvl 11 was released. The other dots are already subject to def/defense lvl, while ED is only subject to metal def.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Through a lucky coincidence I happened to pick up my Icemelt mold and learn Perigean Tide last night.

The former is great, even though I'm stuck with 19vit x2 and 1% crit adds for the foreseeable future cause I'm a poor hobo.

The latter is kind of a mixed bag.

Pro: Its probably the coolest skill animation I've seen for the class, and kinda funny. The debuff is pretty great, and you can control the duration of either with your charges. It added about 50% more damage to my sage downburst on average with very limited testing.

Con: The damage of the skill itself is barely any more than a regular sage downburst. I was lucky to get even 4k more damage. The cooldown being 3 minutes is also a drawback considering how lack luster the damage is. The debuff is great, but compared to other spammable debuffs like Creeper, Seeker debuffs, Ironwood etc. the overall effect is underwhelming to me.

Admittedly I'm sure it really shines in a group scenario or with a substantially better weapon, but so would the aforementioned skills, and they are aoe and or spammable.

It is handy on magic resist mobs, but so is cloudburst.

Going from the skill animation, I think it is really just begging to be made into a line aoe via a primal skillbook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    *Enters rehab room*

Hi! I'm Zent and I'm addicted to Perilunar Call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • henzkii
    henzkii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    hello guys. i'm really new to this mmorpg. Im lvl 32 atm. im trying to find a "skill build" (if there is) for stormbringer. I cant seem to find one. or if there's none, what skills do i prioritize first? thank you so much! b:laugh
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The "stomrbringer guide?" thread contains suggestions if you scroll down.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Kaliska_ - Raging Tide
    Kaliska_ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all. I usually play a venomancer, I like the solo play and the pet skills. But I am trying a stormbringer and wanted to get a idea about skills and assigning points. What is most important between dex, str, vit and magic? How do you assign these points? Also, what skills are most important? Please I am a bit of a newb so explain please why you play your toon the way you do and what I can do to play successfully
    Thanks to all
  • dumaborisov05
    dumaborisov05 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Who is stronger in PvP 1 on 1 between : Sb vs Db ?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

The one that knows how to play better.
    The one that will have a little moment of luck.
    The one with better gear. Even if its just a little over his oponent.
    giphy.gif

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

Assuming both are close to same skill and gear? I'd put money on DB.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Assuming both are close to same skill and gear? I'd put money on DB.

Duskblade for sure if they know what they are doing ofc. there is just no way to avoid the massive Paralyze and their dmg output isnt too shabby as well, heck even higher than sin's.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • dimaborisov05
    dimaborisov05 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sb vs all in PvP 1v1 ?