Morai server unplayable

Comments

• condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    winter storm in LA? when was the last time it fell below freezing there? you're an idiot.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well Sylen,

I also didnt had any issues until yesterday for a long run and couldnt confirm all the lag complains from other users on Morai.

Yesterday, it was different. The mentioned node is a specific IP address from a official british provider who is routing all internet traffic via Germany to Netherlands before the routings are going to US.

Specially this node from the british provider was the source for several performance issues in past we had on Morai.

Most of the end-users are not using this british provider but another german/french provider.
    So what are the options?
    1. Every user contact this british provider and asking for the problems without any detail technicals?
    I promise you, that they will just ignore all the requests.
    2. Every user contact PWI with the technical requested details from their side and they will deal from b2b - with single point of contact about this problem.

Why PWI should do it?
    Its nothing about TOS. You should open your mind for business things and not only stay in your nerd corner. Of course, the TOS describes that users dont have an legal requirements to request anything BUT it is still business that user spend money in these pixels and PWI earns on this mentality.
    Therfore, PWI has a financial interest to help if this root cause leads to massive sadness at community.

... and I am also not convinced 100% that its not a PWI failure about the routing at this spot.
    May be they need to add some specific information at firewalls or whatever to make it run smooth!

But I also agree, that the compensation requests from users are just annoying.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The issue yesterday (mass DC during the NW on Morai) hit everyone, myself included. My own connection is local to the Netherlands, my ISP connects straight to the AMSIX where the server is hosted. Those lagspikes weren't due to any British provider Zoe - the issue in this case was at the source (IE the datacenter where the PWI server is hosted, one or more of it's perimiter servers, or one of the game servers itself).

To further identify the problem it'd help to know if people in instances were also affected by lagspikes and DCs (Areas like Morai, SoT, Abbadon). Can anyone confirm the issues were there as well? If no, then the game server handling the main world instance packed a mental and needs to be checked by PWI admins. If yes, then the hoster is probably at fault.

[Edit] Ah, missed the info on page 5 - looks like the culprit has been identified. A quick google on border1.tge8-1-bbnet1.ams004.pnap.net shows this node has been causing problems in other games as well... Seems the peering between BBNet and Internap isn't exactly stable.

Also, HotX: A 100 gbit fibre connection? Is there a new consumer fibreoptic standard I'm not yet aware of? b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    ...Those lagspikes weren't due to any British provider Zoe - the issue in this case was at the source (IE the datacenter where the PWI server is hosted, one or more of it's perimiter servers, or one of the game servers itself).

[Edit] Ah, missed the info on page 5 - looks like the culprit has been identified. A quick google on border1.tge8-1-bbnet1.ams004.pnap.net shows this node has been causing problems in other games as well... Seems the peering between BBNet and Internap isn't exactly stable.

If I check the assigned IP addresses with high packet loss, it shows me the owner of this provider.
    May I am wrong or not on base of missing detail network knowledge but this is why I deliver the requested information and hope a technical expert will take care for this from PWI.

... and as you also stated out, there is one specific spot for this issue.

During the happening, I was in Nation War and with my last DC I was in Archosaur (main map).
    1 other player from my squad had same issues during NW
    and another player from my squad had only big lags during the DCs but was able to stay online without any DC.
    I dont know anything about other locations during the DCs.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You are all missing the point that Sylen was trying to make, it doesnt matter who is to blame for the lags/dcs/outtages PWI/E/CN/God absolves themselves of all blame and there is ** all you can do about it b:shutup
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I usually come across as harsh so no offense taken. b:chuckle

Thing is that people do this sort of thing all the time while talking about how "their" internet is fine so it's not a problem on their end and immediately declaring that it means PWE's at fault. Even when spoon fed information, half the time they refuse to even try and listen and it's kinda stupid (in general) to see the same complaint brought up over and over by people, often times the very same, that have seen the information about this or at least how to provide more information than LOL IT R NOT ME.

It must be annoying, but let's be realistic, it's always the same from you tech guys as well. You come with some procudure to follow that gives some info at least half of us can't read with a link to some monstrous thread that people like will never read, with the result always being that nothing can be done anyway. Next to that, there is often a bunch of comments on other points that you guys obviously know as little about as people like me about IT stuff (same page above), that makes us wonder if you actually do know as much about the IT stuff to start with.

So yeah, what are the options :
    1) Rage on forums => at least it relieves some frustration
    2) Do some IT stuff while not understanding (or wanting to understand, I for one have no interest in that domain) and :
    a) Hear that the problem is somewhere in the middle from some forum guy => waste of time
    b) Send it to tech support to get your automatically generated answer => waste of time
    3) Go do something else => probably the best option for us but not for PWE, which is exactly why I would expect some more implication from them.

It's just frustrating. We had a great 2h30 TW Saturday, but 1st half was nearly unplayable for many on both sides. The issues are going on for months and only hitting an increased part of the server population. It sucks there is no solution, but all that tech talk just puts oil on the fire if you ask me.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why PWI should do it?
    Its nothing about TOS. You should open your mind for business things and not only stay in your nerd corner. Of course, the TOS describes that users dont have an legal requirements to request anything BUT it is still business that user spend money in these pixels and PWI earns on this mentality.
    Therfore, PWI has a financial interest to help if this root cause leads to massive sadness at community

I do agree that in this kind of situation :

1) Technical experts from PWE should investigate*

2) GM should communicate

Even though it's not a problem with the server (we can't be sure if they don't say anything anyway), even though they are "protected" by the TOS. That's how you're supposed to behave with your clients if you want them to stay...

Obviously they can't do that with every people that will have a network issue. But today we're talking about :

- Several mass D/C affecting 90-95% of the server during an important event (NW)

- The server was almost unplayable after NW until maybe midnight (Morai server time). I say that because I got several d/c and each time I wasn't able to relog before maybe 5-10 minutes, and once back there were like 5 people connected in my faction, instead of 40-50

So, basically, PWE should investigate and tell us if the problem is on their side or not. And if they claim it's not, then they should centralize the requests of their customers and try to address that with the correct representatives.

Note : It seems everything was fine on the server after midnight and until this morning when I left home.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Fiedel - Lost City
    Fiedel - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sad but true. :/

Not really. Firstly, I play multiple servers so it's not some sort of bias. Secondly, that was confirmed to be a server-side issue. You don't see mods stickying threads every time people have a mass DC or whatever, only when it's an issue on PWE's end like the map server crashing or the like.

Of course, if you had half a clue what the difference between an issue on their end was in comparison to one that isn't their fault, you'd have already realized that but sure, keep speaking from ignorance.

You have no clue on what i do for living, and yah, you do not need to know that, i know.
    also, why is that much RUDE thing on the reply? Is that a way mods should behave against players, costumers of the game in were you are moderating the forums?
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    You don't see mods stickying threads every time people have a mass DC or whatever, only when it's an issue on PWE's end like the map server crashing or the like.

Might be a good idea to have that - a "Server status/server issues" sticked thread which only mods and GMs have posting rights to to prevent the flood of tears and fires of rage from the masses. Peeps like me who just want to know what's going on and if PWI is aware of the issues can then just look there and ignore the cries for compensation by the self-entitled.

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    You have no clue on what i do for living, and yah, you do not need to know that, i know.
    also, why is that much RUDE thing on the reply? Is that a way mods should behave against players, costumers of the game in were you are moderating the forums?

Oh please. I'm a player too and I'm just as capable of calling people on their **** as anyone else is. If you can't deal with getting called out when you spew nonsense then that's your fault and not mine.

Edit:
    Might be a good idea to have that - a "Server status/server issues" sticked thread which only mods and GMs have posting rights to to prevent the flood of tears and fires of rage from the masses. Peeps like me who just want to know what's going on and if PWI is aware of the issues can then just look there and ignore the cries for compensation by the self-entitled.
    Would probably be handy. Especially for the people who are willing to bother reading instead of jumping straight to ranting.

Though it'd also likely be kinda obsolete since we tend to find out about any issues going on LOOOOOOOOONG before PWE staff is even slightly aware of it. :|
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Logged in about 20 mins ago (Archo server).
    Logging in was smooth, ping was about 200 I guess.
    10 minutes after logging I'm still lagging b:laugh World chat is frozen.
    I hope no one starts a drama while this is happening, I'll miss it b:sadb:cry

I hope this is solved quickly b:pleased

PS : Have a week of 3x Exp drops etc for compensation. b:laugh
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiedel - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    Oh please. I'm a player too and I'm just as capable of calling people on their **** as anyone else is. If you can't deal with getting called out when you spew nonsense then that's your fault and not mine.

Edit:

Would probably be handy. Especially for the people who are willing to bother reading instead of jumping straight to ranting.

Though it'd also likely be kinda obsolete since we tend to find out about any issues going on LOOOOOOOOONG before PWE staff is even slightly aware of it. :|

- edited - not worth it
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Worldchat frozen... means drama is on hold b:laugh

• Fiedel - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    A Note about Respect

We're here to have fun and to share information with each other. With so many different personalities gathered in one place, clashes are bound to happen now and then. But how one conducts oneself during these situations makes all the difference. Don't get us wrong, opinions are valued on the forums, yours and everybody else's. But please remember to respect each other and have discussions and not arguments. If you find yourself disagreeing with another member, think first and then calmly compose your words. Don't be insulting if you happen to disagree with someone, just understand that their views are different than yours. Just really treat each other how you would like to be treated.
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Worldchat frozen... means drama is on hold b:laugh

Maybe some lucky punks aren't lagging :/ can never be too sure b:chuckle
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    -snip-

Funny. You should practice what you quote considering you were the one to start throwing things around and I merely pointed out exactly how wrong you were.

But sure, if you want to suddenly act victimized you do that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I do agree that in this kind of situation :

1) Technical experts from PWE should investigate*

2) GM should communicate

Not to mention that PWE has more weight to actually get an issue fixed if it's of technical order.

It's also good to compare this post with the one on french forums, where the GM did interfere (quite ironic, since usually it's the opposite) and where there are no tech guys trying to look smart, resulting in things staying more polite. The impression of being taken seriously is already half of the solution.
    Even though it's not a problem with the server (we can't be sure if they don't say anything anyway), even though they are "protected" by the TOS. That's how you're supposed to behave with your clients if you want them to stay...

I wonder why the ToS even got brought up. Especially by a US guy with little to no knowledge on legal/business/EU fields.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Update

Well, after the emotions still getting higher, may this update will give you more info.
    I already got an answer very fast from US support about the performance issue.
    They are willing to investigate this issue.

A little bit unlucky is, that I took the german guide from FEN and so the US support was not able to understand the full incident report from my side.

In addition, he does not want the pingplotter files as described in german guide for EU support but the regular cmd - tracert information to the server IPs.

So I need to wait until evening until I can perform the new tracert files for him.
    During day I have unfortunately only very limited access to my PC at home b:surrender

... and really - if they get more tracert files, they also have more materials for investigaton and pushing harder third parties in the middle of gamers and PWI.

P.S.: Excusez-moi mais je ne parle/ecrit tres bien francaise parce que je suis allemagne. Je pense US forum est tres important pour la communication avec tout le monde de community.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder why the ToS even got brought up. Especially by a US guy with little to no knowledge on legal/business/EU fields.

Actually I can understand that in a way... because there are so much people that write only to ask for some compensation.
    But here the important point is not about compensation or the TOS but just address what PWE could (must ?) do, so that the players (clients/customers) feel more satisfied

@Zoe : Your french is not that bad ;).
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    3:35 servertime, lagspikes and high ping again.

no packetloss and maximum 55 ms @traceroute.

it happens on a daily base now.

funny how everyone said its MY connection but now that it happens to everyone and not only a group, everyone is crying =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    3:35 servertime, lagspikes and high ping again.

no packetloss and maximum 55 ms @traceroute.

it happens on a daily base now.

funny how everyone said its MY connection but now that it happens to everyone and not only a group, everyone is crying =)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the topic is running for longer then you stated it to start for you

It was said to be a problem related to Orange (France) that gradually started to affect more and more people, including you. For information, Orange states the issue is at PWE's side (post #21).
  • winterkeizerin
    winterkeizerin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like Morai is down again..
    Archer - SacredRose - Morai
    Venomancer - VelvetRose - Morai
  • Ridelia - Morai
    Ridelia - Morai Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot can you report server status?

DC monster hit Morai again. There are causalities. I was in BH69 instance, tanking mobs with no HP charm. I surely died.b:chuckle
  • WhyWeSleep - Morai
    WhyWeSleep - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like Morai is down again..

i dont think it looks like, i'm rather sure of it :D

update, server back online but auestion now would be for how long?
  • winterkeizerin
    winterkeizerin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015

DC monster hit Morai again. There are causalities. I was in BH69 instance, tanking mobs with no HP charm. I surely died.b:chuckle

Ouch that sucks! Luckily i was just flying around in primal, but still I hope it's back on soon :)

Btw how do i check that routing stuff? Total nab here when it comes to pc's :P
    Archer - SacredRose - Morai
    Venomancer - VelvetRose - Morai
  • Zeneki - Morai
    Zeneki - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I thought things we were doing well b:chuckle got my missed bhs done from yesterday and been stable all morning...got to last room of FSP and bye bye morai b:surrender
  • viviane19
    viviane19 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BAAAADAAAABUMMMS server down :O

Open your mind, let it **** you in kind :-)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 90ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 95ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 90ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 92ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 25ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 25ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 27ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 107ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear
    DarkUnicorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    25s4u85.jpg
    nltrew.jpg
    Morai
    153abuf.jpg

Play's at Morai to for some years, cant change that in avatar.