124»

Comments

• Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bellecat2 wrote: »
    SO TRUE b:surrender

now way to late for a rollback b:surrender
    You gotta wonder how many will actually make it to a semi-competent state with decent gear instead of outright quitting or abandoning the character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Had a weird fb59 squad today.

I was looking in wc for any fb squad to get free xp and ref when I saw someone need help doing their fb59, so I join in.

Upon joining, I saw two lvl 100, a psy and a sin, rest are lvl 90 and 80ish. When one of them asked if I can solo (I was on my 92 stormie), I knew these are probably pills-toon. I said I'll try and cleared path for them.

I became more concern as the cleric didnt throw a single heal and rb at bosses, also despite he saying is fb, he got no tab, so no xp from tabbed quest.

Luckily all ends well with no death in squad, squad member departs silently, and I have to pay major repair from tanking nearly all the mobs/bosses. b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pillbabies don't get tabs on FB's - the tab quests have a max level upon which they can be obtained. So yea, it does make sense the cler didn't BB. Still should have IH spammed whoever had aggro...

Pillbabies will get their tabs during the rebirth cycle, if they can be arsed to actually take them.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did a BH69 run recently -- our cleric was lvl 100 with lvl 19 gears and hadn't learn any skills yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CindereIIa - Lost City
    CindereIIa - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know that many many players that where too stupid to play usually stucked at low levels and didn't disturb in high level instances anymore but now they do.

Even thou I am very happy that I made a new axe blademaster and jump over all the quests that I've already done very often with my other characters.

I am lucky to say that I have a gameing partner with high level characters and me too so we take turns in helping our lvl 95 characters.

I'm so happy that they bring out the pill. b:victory
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    in faction chat lvl 100 archer: can anybody help me doing my fb19, i can't solo it b:cry
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is this just the whine and cry about "pill babies" section? For y'alls info my "pill baby" is a lvl 93 rb seeker that can solo every instance in the game rofl.

QQQQQ pill babies.

Can't tell you how many nab SB and dusks ive helped so far. I enjoyed my pill baby class enough to quit my 2nd rb bm.

Stop with the stereotypes nabs.
  • sweetannabelle
    sweetannabelle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would this mean... Once this patcher has finished updating and I start to play, I'd get a pack or something with a pill to insta level me?
    I don't intend on using one, coming from Ether Saga Odyssey, it is useful to level without using those keys or getting someone to plvl you, to get enough spirit for skills etc.

They ought to remove it! o: Because your situation, though it may seem amusing, would also be quite frustrating. o.e
    YL4E0jS.jpg
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would this mean... Once this patcher has finished updating and I start to play, I'd get a pack or something with a pill to insta level me?
    I don't intend on using one, coming from Ether Saga Odyssey, it is useful to level without using those keys or getting someone to plvl you, to get enough spirit for skills etc.

They ought to remove it! o: Because your situation, though it may seem amusing, would also be quite frustrating. o.e

I think, or at least hope, PWI intended this to boost existing players from around 70 or 80 to be ready for Warsong, Morai and the like. That would make it ok as most players would know their class, have spirit, money and skills by then. Level 80 - 95 used to be a bit hellish and I think a lot of ( admittedly not very determined ) people quit around then.

Although it has created pillbabies and seems to have attracted a lot of people who have clearly never played before, the pills might be useful for an experienced player testing a reroll. Which is what I usually use a private server for - to determine whether I prefer Demon / Sage etc.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think, or at least hope, PWI intended this to boost existing players from around 70 or 80 to be ready for Warsong, Morai and the like.
    You're not far off. The original announcement for these stated that these were intended for existing 100+ players to roll new alts to try out. Implying they meant for people to have mains that can fund these new alts and the player would already have the mechanics of game known to them (aside from the skills of their newly chosen alt class, ofc)

Ideally, they should have made a mechanic that limits the usage of these stones to accounts that only have 100+ mains on them to ensure they were used this way.
    Though, once these go to the cashshop, the amount of new people using them will drop off significantly. And once this happens, the people with the money to buy them can also afford to charge to fund gear.

I'm not finding a whole lot of trouble from people that used these stones anyway. If their not geared, they're generally not 100 either. If they come into my 100+ instance runs with 3k HP and missing half their gear, they get booted. If they come in with alright gear and want to be taught how to do the run and contribute, I'll gladly teach them. Pretty easy to deal with, really.
  • fantasya310
    fantasya310 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why have they made this 'pill' in the first place. PWI have come up with some completely STUPID ideas in their time, but this is one of their worst.
    tbh I understand all the anger, but surely they brought a good number of new characters ingame that sooner or later will bring more gains to catshops, merchants and also real coins to the game
    I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, lvl up within squads, learn how to play your toon and make new friends along the way, or was/ is this a myth?
    the purpose of this game was mainly doing FCs in the past times, I'm sincerely happy to finally see more ppl asking for every type of instance in wc
    where does it stop? it's all about money now, the fun has been taken out of it. Too many noob lvl 95 players wanting help with cultis, BH's
    since when a lot of ppl asking for BHs cultis and so on is a bad thing?????? LOL

Returning to the meaning of the post, I had a fun experience yesterday.
    I was playing with my PILL LVLED reborn veno b:cute (I had a lvl 85 veno so i pretty much know the class at least until that lvl, but I decided to change server, so the pill fact was heaven for me. this is in fact one of the pills good things that a lot of people keeps forgetting).
    I joined a squad doing bh51, that changed into fb when I entered, cuz I had tabs. came in, I saw that they were killing things really easily ( they were all lvl 60/60+ reborn so...) and I happily thought that this would have ended soon. we arrive at fushi..no problems, lets wait for rankar now...

Ranky arrives, with all his fat, and all the ppl litterally assault him (also me with my faithful glacial walker).
    Well I will spare u the gruesome details, after I think TWO rakny AOEs they were all dead exept me/walker and a stormbringer, so I was totally umprepared to that but managed to heal pet fast and take aggro as fast as i can with pet to manage to save the savable... (I was lvl 74, but my pet was like 6 lvls higher than me, this was a really funny thing expecially at the beginning cuz I was kinda 40 lvls under my pet lvl, I felt overprotected by him haha, and this is another fun and cute thing about the pills that I never expected) b:chuckle
    And when all the ppl were on the ground died someone asked: WTF? and I answered: AOE and he: I forgot lol (so he was not a newnewbie but probably was an average player that was used to other instances, it seems to me that we keep forgetting that most of the pilllvled characters belongs to players that already know the game but perhaps have forgot low lvl things and go like I-know-how-to-do-it as well)
    Waiting all the others with pet on standby tanking now and then a shot in the back by ranky and healing him when needed (cuz meaningwhile pet and stormbringer dropped kindly rankys lifebar), someone asked me many times to invite *dontremembername* to tank bh (it was fun tanking rankar again though, till it lasted)
    I passed lead and obviously fb failed, so after they invited a tank they asked me again to tab...not thinking that I was there praying for my walker and for my connection firmness, so I wasnt able to heal pet and at the same time tab (perhaps it was doable...but I didnt want to try sincerely)..so had to wait that tank, and then retabbing normally. end.

this is only one of the fun experiences related to the pill, at least we laugh a lil bit b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my attempt for a decent signature

- respect -
  • Uraomote - Dreamweaver
    Uraomote - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the biggest pet peeve with "pill babies" is that they don't take the time to learn their class, or that (in some instances) they just say "can't be arsed learning it's so hard, I'll just follow an OP person."

It's awesome to have new blood and new players, as long as they're willing to learn their class, level 95 or not. Hell, the optimal would be if they just took a few levels in the beginning to learn the class, do quests and generally mess around with easy stuff, and then take the pill (They'll still get the same amount of XP and might end up on level 96 or something else instead). Or take the pill and the mess around with quests. Not only can they learn their class in peace, they also get coin rewards, which can be used on skills or gear.

Pill babies who don't want to learn are like old Big room babies who don't want to learn. How often haven't people grumbled over level 8x or 9x big roomers who have gear for level 30 or something like that?
    I like bananabread
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My funniest experiance with pill babies was my Hallucinatory Trench cultivation squad. The cleric didnt have purify skilll learned, and needed heals from the mystic all the time b:victory
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Many pillbabies I've talked to complain how there's too much to do and no-one helps them finish their Morai, their culti, their gear, their this and that. It seems like they want to take 0 responsibility for choosing the path that will leave them with a lot of things to do at once.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Many pillbabies I've talked to complain how there's too much to do and no-one helps them finish their Morai, their culti, their gear, their this and that. It seems like they want to take 0 responsibility for choosing the path that will leave them with a lot of things to do at once.

This is a pretty common issue, because there is actually quite a lot of things to do in-game that require both time and effort, along with a method or two of obtaining economical value (coins!). The pill issue will probably forever haunt this community, because while it has major advantages that can be easily seen for most experienced players; it lacks some basic things for new players and puts them at a significant disadvantage.

For these new 95+ players, farming isn't an option. Even after messing with the culti quests and completing them, that won't provide much coin. Skills need to be leveled up, time is needed to acquire the daily-quest sets of skills (Morai/Primal), 79/100/demon/sage skills are also needed eventually. Furthermore, since farming isn't an initial option for these un-geared players, that instantly means that the best they can do is cash, merchant, or do quests for coin. If they are lucky, perhaps they can do some runs with a lenient squad for coin in Lunar/TT, etc. Unfortunately, they wouldn't contribute much.

The pill, as stated numerous times, was most definitely designed as a way for players with well-geared mains to snag a quick method for obtaining an alt. The question is how well was this plan thought out? The codes were inconsistent and bugged, often giving players an instant 100 instead of just the instant 95 (not a big deal, but this shows how well the code was tested prior). Support didn't help players who couldn't send the code to their characters because of name issues (underscores _ often made players names not populate on ARC). Furthermore, since the code could be sent to any account, new or old, it prompted the pills to be used for brand new accounts and players who didn't have the means to gear/skill-up the toon(s).

Overall, the effect was fairly good. I mean, there are definitely some unfortunate consequences that have made the game pretty hard for these new "pill babies" as people tend to call them. I can completely understand the frustration of the average Joe coming into your FSP squad with garbage gear, skills, and no clue on how to run the instance. The frustration of having to re-train a new generation of people who often have very little clue on what to do, and even if they did, they don't have the means to, is pretty disheartening. At the very best, we can all hope that these players will learn and gear up, and continue to stick around actively playing the game.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic