Effects of insta lvl 95 pills, the fun and pain of it

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, lots of people went to 95 by using the pills, even made it to 100. So I just want to share my experience encountering these "pills babies" as I grind my Stormbringer b:laugh

Was about to do gouf culti quest, when I arrived there a lvl 100 barb is stitting there. "oh some nice barb to help newbie" I thought. He send squad invite which I accept, barb is lvl 100, I didn't checked his gear and he was in tiger form. After I buff him, in which I was curious since barb didnt buff us, he charged toward gouf and got 3 shotted. I laugh hard as I try to kite Gouf and running in circle while barb runs back from town. After I killed Gouf, he just logs off without saying a single word.

When I reach 69, I wc for fb in wraithgate and got couple of lvl 100, sin and archer, and other people who need fb as well. We cleared the mobs slowly, and as we fighting serpentex, 74 seeker in squad took agro from sin and killed, followed by sin and archer. I ran back to entrance with Serpentex on my tail. Seeker was surprised that he can took agro from sin in which the sin replies he just lvl to 100 yesterday using pills and have no skills or whatsoever beside BP.

Tideborn quest, at General Feng. I joined a squad of lvl 100ish, in which we all got 1 shotted by Feng. b:laugh

Meeting a certai lvl 100 who rage about unable to learn any skills. I told him to do his culti and whether he have coins to learn or not. He replied he got like 100m coins, and ask me, what is this culti thing. Well, I try to explain it to him, he got bored and decide to join random bh100 squad. b:surrender

So, share your experience with them for the laugh and pain of it. b:pleased

O, one more thing, my insta lvl 95 wizzy is still somewhere around Etherblade, killed by lvl 20 mobs, as I wont use her untill I learn her class and properly equip her b:shutup

I made some lvl 100 alts which, for the time being will be for tt 3-1 and nothing else, since I can solo that with my sin. I will be doing the same as you with your wizzy. I would be too embarrassed bringing those 100 chars, with 2k hp and no gear to any instance unless I was running it with one of my other chars.

It is a good time to get free rep though since so many people need help with fb's.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Avoiding pill babies isn't so easy, especially for EU and AEU when you need a certain number of people to open the dungeon. But otherwise, I'm so awfully glad that I have gear good enough to solo BH WS and HH. Having to deal with losers sucking off drops that they did nothing to earn is maddening enough as is in the EU BHs.

As for the new chars, gonna wait until my friends who know how to play come back from their self-imposed/technology-limited exile, so I can play with them too.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Conversation (paraphrased) from what was WCed as FB59 last night.

Squad is 2 100s (seeker and BM), a 72 wizard, and my soloer veno (102/102/100)

Wiz "So is this an FB?"

Me "It's a culti run for pill babies"

Later, after both other 100s have taken serious damage from just small groups of mobs:

Me: "Be careful, you may be 100 but this wiz is better geared than you"

Wiz: "Who, me?"

Me: "Yes. Take a look at their gear. I haven't looked, but I can tell just by the damage they're taking."

Wiz: "Holy ****!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Conversation (paraphrased) from what was WCed as FB59 last night.

Squad is 2 100s (seeker and BM), a 72 wizard, and my soloer veno (102/102/100)

Wiz "So is this an FB?"

Me "It's a culti run for pill babies"

Later, after both other 100s have taken serious damage from just small groups of mobs:

Me: "Be careful, you may be 100 but this wiz is better geared than you"

Wiz: "Who, me?"

Me: "Yes. Take a look at their gear. I haven't looked, but I can tell just by the damage they're taking."

Wiz: "Holy ****!"

Looking at this I want at least enter to game and take few runs with my Wizard, which could tank even bh79.
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Being a 'veteran' of PWI, levelling my cleric up to 97 the hard way (quests, no fc hypering), i switched to sin somewhere around end 2009 (when i joined the forums). Levelled that one to 101, made a psy, then left the game around 2years ago.

With this expansion i made a so-called pill baby. An archer lvl 95, a class i've never played before. But the first thing i did was gear him up at least (TT90 gear) and i'm now in the process of doing his culti's while learning how to use the new skills he gets.

I'll be damned if i do any FB's or quests/bosses with others, even if that means i'll die a few times in the process. I'd hate to see others getting in trouble or wasting time on someone who's just learning his new toon.

Not all 'pill babies' are total noobs who are clueless about the game or game mechanics.

Granted, some situations might be funny, but the whole 1-95+ thing is kinda sad for new players, since they miss out on all the fun and hardship and cooperation it takes to level your character normally. And even after so many years, i'm still learning a lot of ,to me at least, new things like the nuema's and war avatars. That, for me, is the whole fun.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was about to do gouf culti quest, when I arrived there a lvl 100 barb is stitting there. "oh some nice barb to help newbie" I thought. He send squad invite which I accept, barb is lvl 100, I didn't checked his gear and he was in tiger form. After I buff him, in which I was curious since barb didnt buff us, he charged toward gouf and got 3 shotted. I laugh hard as I try to kite Gouf and running in circle while barb runs back from town. After I killed Gouf, he just logs off without saying a single word.
    Is it possible? b:faint My alt veno 100+ full vit in dreamchaser gear has 650 pdef (13% reducing damage) and 5k hp. Gouf deals 300-500 damage. I can't imagine a barb getting 3 shotted by it. Only if no gear at all and no stats distributed b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Damn. I'm thinking about going to NW on friday. Not to do much other than watch the carnage.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay, so I started PWI a little before Dreamweaver existed. After DW was born, I made it my permanent home in PWI. This was after I discovered my obsession with character appearance customization, so I made 8 accounts worth of characters, just so I could reserve names and give them unique faces.

But then it hit me. While I was leveling early on, I got to FB59. Something happened that changed me. When I was told that I missed a quest to dig something extra in FB59, it triggered my OCD. I was too insecure to let that go.

Well that playstyle has held me down for YEARS now, as I started leveling every character I had. I deleted some in favor of Tideborn and Earthguard characters, of course starting to level them as well. I only reserved a handful of characters as mules.

I got burnt out. Questing the same nab quests over and over and over again really isn't fun. But I couldn't let go. My OCD held me to be a quest completionist on every single character. I couldn't get past level 70. The ease of the quests and the larger exp and coin pool they rewarded never helped my case, as I dumped my extra progress into genies.

I quit. Not willingly. I just couldn't take it any more. PWI had became stale to me. Even as I started TT... it just wasn't enough to keep my interest. Especially when all my friends were trying to get me to powerlevel with FCC. "You know all the classes in and out" they said. I knew I didn't, I never experienced the higher-end skills after all. But I'm not a PvPer, and I do know my way around the roles(tank, healer, DDer), so I knew I could hold my own in a dungeon. What they said kinda boosted my self-esteem a bit, despite my insecurities.

Then the newest expansion came. I heard about the Illusionary Crystal giveaway. This was what would give me the boost I needed to get over that damned quest completionist nonsense that held me back AND could give me a chance to contribute more to my friends and faction.

So the expansion hit. The bug that happened when the crystal boxes were handed out yielded me to not only have 10 characters boosted, but a couple of them even to level 100. Greatest day in PWI, I thought.

But of course, there were downsides to everyone being given instant level 95 status. I knew that. I knew that it sent so many people to high-level status, despite them not knowing how to play their character. I knew that it was an overall downer on the game as a whole, despite it helping me personally out a great deal.

I rejoined my old faction. I was welcomed back with open arms from the ones that remembered me from over a year ago(maybe 2 years even?). Sweet, I almost felt like an actual part of the group now. Almost. There were still many new faces in the faction. But that's okay, I love meeting new people and working with them.

But then 12/22/14 happened. After I blew through BH39 in an attempt to clear my nab stack of BHs, I came across something called a "Nuema". I guess it was from one of the newer expansions, from the War Avatar one I believe. I had no idea what to do with it. So I linked it to my faction's chat. Apparently one of the members decided to troll me, telling me that if I rightclick it, it'll make me a god. I thought "sure!", it can't hurt. Probably isn't a rare item anyway. So I did. "Nothing happened" I said. "lol new players" my faction mate said.

I cussed him/her out(getting around the censors as best I could), blocked that person, and left the fleet. That comment cut very deep. It hurt. I felt like I could never play PWI again. And it still does. I'm not sure what to do now. I don't have any faction to call home, nor have a group of friends in-game any more. Yes, I had PWI issues before the pill, but holy hell it destroyed my PWI experience pretty quickly.

FML. b:cry

If you read my tl;dr blog post, thank you. <3

My advice is as follows:

I wouldn't have quit your old faction, because those are players that remember you, understand you, and are most likely willing to help. You will encounter people that are going to provoke you. It's best to deal with those people singularly, than to make a move that will not on hinder your own progress, but affect others as well, considering that they were happy to have you back.

Regarding faction life: For most of my PWI career, I have been factionless. The faction that I created, I did so because my two best friends in real life are playing, and I wanted to teach them how to play and use faction chat to talk to them both at the same time. But a faction is not really required to make it. I'll tell you what I told my friends back then....My faction was....and still is...My Friend's List.

Though personally, I would talk to your old faction mates, and try to join again. Don't let the negativity of a few put you off from the positive attitudes and acceptance of the majority.

Regarding the nuema: I could write it out, but I think that >>>THIS<<< will serve you more accurately, and fully.

Let me also give you this advice, and this is true advice that I give people....

"From now until the day you die...and even after you're dead...somebody's going to talk about you. You can't let those people trigger you though. You've got to stand above it, and be strong enough to take it. They don't know you, and if they want to be ignorant, that's fine...(provided they don't put their hands on you...but this is a MMORPG, so that's a moot point.). But you know your status as a veteran. Your friends know your status as a veteran. Don't let them make you ragequit."

Log back on, play the game you like, and have fun with it.

As an additional note: Want to know what some people said about my little cleric long ago, when I was low leveled, with a few Oracles for Wicked Pirate (When I refused to keep healing their buddy for it, because I wanted to get my own done too) and turned down their faction invite?

They told me to be a nice cleric. They told me that my fb69 was coming up, and that I was going to "Expletive" myself, die from nob and pole, and cause the squad to wipe. It would be then that I would remember them, and know truly how fail I am.

Want to know what I did? I entered my fb69, and we got through it quickly. People afterwards friend requested me, and pm'ed for being a marvelous healer.

In Nation Wars...want to know why I rarely join squads?

I was told that due to my gear (G16 +6/+7 armor, and a +7 weapon...2 lunar rings, cube necklace, WS G15 belt), it would be best for me to die and go basebuff because it would be more important for them to have buffs than me. So, I either go alone, or go with a few friends.

I'm saying this to let you know that regardless of who you are, people will still have something to say. Don't let them ruin your fun, or diminish your smile. Have fun with the game, and smile regardless. Make small goals for yourself in game, and set out to accomplish them, then aim for additional goals.

For gear, may I recommend you reach aware of vaculty, and go to morai. The morai quest gear is good. (Not for PvE), but Morai does have good gear.

People may try to define you, and talk about you, and define who you are through what they think, but remember >>>THIS<<<.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is no base buffing in nation wars. b:laugh You can't even see other players in the base.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is no base buffing in nation wars. b:laugh You can't even see other players in the base.

You also can't die, so they were talking about in the actual map fights, to die and get the rainbow buffs from getting basebuffs when you res.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You also can't die, so they were talking about in the actual map fights, to die and get the rainbow buffs from getting basebuffs when you res.

Still doesn't make sense, randoms spawns when dying, and it's still better to heal/buff when you can if you can't kill. IMO what he is describing is more like TW than NW. Mobile buffing in NW wouldn't require deaths.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still doesn't make sense, randoms spawns when dying, and it's still better to heal/buff when you can if you can't kill. IMO what he is describing is more like TW than NW. Mobile buffing in NW wouldn't require deaths.

They expect buffs if they die, but don't return the favor. They expect the cleric to stop whatever, even sacrifice themselves, to buff them when they return to battle. But won't take the time to do the same.

It's the typical mindset of many people, that clerics must do X action, while having no expectations of themselves with their play, and have excuses for when such beliefs would hinder them in the same way.

It's honestly why I NW solo. I'll switch and heal in areas where it's OP against OP, since I can help the nation in some cases by doing that. But I know it's guaranteed last ranking if I do that, so the battle has to matter whether it's won or not. If it doesn't, I'm out of there and heading to a fight I can actually earn something on. And if it happens to be a useful to win battle, then I'm helping myself and the nation by not sticking around to heal so someone else I don't know can earn even more contribution.
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My advice is as follows:

I wouldn't have quit your old faction, because those are players that remember you, understand you, and are most likely willing to help. You will encounter people that are going to provoke you. It's best to deal with those people singularly, than to make a move that will not on hinder your own progress, but affect others as well, considering that they were happy to have you back.

Regarding faction life: For most of my PWI career, I have been factionless. The faction that I created, I did so because my two best friends in real life are playing, and I wanted to teach them how to play and use faction chat to talk to them both at the same time. But a faction is not really required to make it. I'll tell you what I told my friends back then....My faction was....and still is...My Friend's List.

Though personally, I would talk to your old faction mates, and try to join again. Don't let the negativity of a few put you off from the positive attitudes and acceptance of the majority.

Regarding the nuema: I could write it out, but I think that >>>THIS<<< will serve you more accurately, and fully.

Let me also give you this advice, and this is true advice that I give people....

"From now until the day you die...and even after you're dead...somebody's going to talk about you. You can't let those people trigger you though. You've got to stand above it, and be strong enough to take it. They don't know you, and if they want to be ignorant, that's fine...(provided they don't put their hands on you...but this is a MMORPG, so that's a moot point.). But you know your status as a veteran. Your friends know your status as a veteran. Don't let them make you ragequit."

Log back on, play the game you like, and have fun with it.

As an additional note: Want to know what some people said about my little cleric long ago, when I was low leveled, with a few Oracles for Wicked Pirate (When I refused to keep healing their buddy for it, because I wanted to get my own done too) and turned down their faction invite?

They told me to be a nice cleric. They told me that my fb69 was coming up, and that I was going to "Expletive" myself, die from nob and pole, and cause the squad to wipe. It would be then that I would remember them, and know truly how fail I am.

Want to know what I did? I entered my fb69, and we got through it quickly. People afterwards friend requested me, and pm'ed for being a marvelous healer.

In Nation Wars...want to know why I rarely join squads?

I was told that due to my gear (G16 +6/+7 armor, and a +7 weapon...2 lunar rings, cube necklace, WS G15 belt), it would be best for me to die and go basebuff because it would be more important for them to have buffs than me. So, I either go alone, or go with a few friends.

I'm saying this to let you know that regardless of who you are, people will still have something to say. Don't let them ruin your fun, or diminish your smile. Have fun with the game, and smile regardless. Make small goals for yourself in game, and set out to accomplish them, then aim for additional goals.

For gear, may I recommend you reach aware of vaculty, and go to morai. The morai quest gear is good. (Not for PvE), but Morai does have good gear.

People may try to define you, and talk about you, and define who you are through what they think, but remember >>>THIS<<<.
    Thanks a lot. =D

I can't believe even at age 33, I still need reminded about how other people's opinions don't matter. I guess I'm just that insecure. ;_; I really do appreciate your post though.

I remember Morai. I quit after the Morai update. I remember how awesome my friends said Morai was. It became my goal in PWI, to get to Morai and do everything it had to offer. I know I'm pretty close, but... meh. I'll try to return to PWI, but I want to find a new place for myself. Somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't believe you people are actually complaining about new blood.

One day it's "the game is dead!" the next it's "all these damn 100 newbies don't know how to play!" Just be patient with them and try to not make them quit. They're going to repopulate servers and keep the game alive in the long run.

It's also funny to me how back when I played everyone complained about hypers and bh keeping people in repetitive dungeons instead of seeing the huge beautiful world the PWI is, and now that they've made FC an nonviable leveling method people are complaining.

You people truly are impossible to please b:surrender
    edited December 2014

It was NW. For battles like bridge battle, and Crystal contest, you have a pretty good idea of where you're going to spawn. Mind you, there was another cleric already presently in this squad who was much better geared than me, but it was the guy's wife.

I didn't join that squad to begin with. I went solo. I had taken down 5 towers alone before anyone else got there. The opposing team came while I was attacking the 6th. The enemy archer kept killing me when I came back out, and I got down to my final respawn. It just so happened that that particular squad of people had come to that battlefield. (I was solo at this time.) I stayed up on the platform and buffed them each time they respawned. (I wanted to help my nation, but still get credit for this battle that I did the most work in.) They invited me to squad, and Itold them that I was only "base buffing" now to get credit since I was on the final respawn. Battle ends....of course, I get last place for contribution. Whatever.

So the next battle goes by like a normal battle. The battle after that, they charge people in random directions and talk about how they died. I'm living, and using CC's to stall the flagbearer.

They miss their buffs, and start calling me to come basebuff.
    ,"Seren. Time to die and come basebuff us.", and stuff.

Not saying that my tactic is the best one, but Iinformed them from the beginning that I planned to attack a lot , as NW is the only time that Iever PVP. Any other time, I assume a dominant healing role, so Iinformed them of that from the beginning.

I ended up getting a call, and said I was dropping squad and going afk, and wished them well.

I went to a nation clean across the map. Irony is that they had the same idea and appeared there.

Now, I understand that each class has a respective role to play, however...if Iinform you of my intention before joining the squad, and you state that's fine, then I don't intend to hear you to tell me to die because you want buffs. In tower battles, I don't want to stand on the platform buffing while my nation is attacking. In crystal battles, I don't want to hide behind the gates buffing while my nation gs crystals and holds off the enemy. In capture the flag, I don't want to stay close to the spawn areas, under the chance that you'll appear beside me.

Don't get me wrong, I do heal others in NW. I do buff people, but I also do a lot of sealing, sleeping, and Sog'ing to my opponents. Its optional pvp without penalty, so Idont mind joining..

But when I'm asked to die and basebuff, that's not respecting what I'm trying to do. I didn't make this cleric, gear her up, and join NW solo to end up base buffing all night. Lol.

(Note: This message is not directly related to you Aubree, nor anyone else that posted about this.. I'm just posting my feelings about it as well. Lol. Plus, I'm doing this from my phone, so its harder to edit.)

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I'd like to put in an opposite perspective from a "pill babies" Perspective on the matter.

I decided after much through to restart my beloved cleric on Raging Tides. And The first thing I did was get my Culti up as far as I could to get my level 80 gear. Adn then I went about and did every Legendary Quest I could solo for money and I leaned as many skills as I could so I was useful. (All Heals, Wield Thunder, Buffs etc to level 10)

And then I joined a BH 79 and was IMMEDIATELY kicked. I figured, okay just a fluke people are kind of mad, but they didn't even ask if I knew what I was doing or anything before I was kicked.

So I chalked it up to just a bad experience. And then I tried to join a guild some place where I could get some help and maybe make some friends.

I know what I am doing I have been here since the game started, and I am treated like **** becuase I used a pill that almost everyone else I know used on AT LEAST one of their characters =/

All I want to do is farm my BHs, PV, and some TT so I can get my TT90 amd 99 gear then work toward my Warsong gear =/ I needed to start over but I either picked a bad server or a bad time to come back and play.

Its sad to be treated horribly for no reason.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    So I'd like to put in an opposite perspective from a "pill babies" Perspective on the matter.

I decided after much through to restart my beloved cleric on Raging Tides. And The first thing I did was get my Culti up as far as I could to get my level 80 gear. Adn then I went about and did every Legendary Quest I could solo for money and I leaned as many skills as I could so I was useful. (All Heals, Wield Thunder, Buffs etc to level 10)

And then I joined a BH 79 and was IMMEDIATELY kicked. I figured, okay just a fluke people are kind of mad, but they didn't even ask if I knew what I was doing or anything before I was kicked.

So I chalked it up to just a bad experience. And then I tried to join a guild some place where I could get some help and maybe make some friends.

I know what I am doing I have been here since the game started, and I am treated like **** becuase I used a pill that almost everyone else I know used on AT LEAST one of their characters =/

All I want to do is farm my BHs, PV, and some TT so I can get my TT90 amd 99 gear then work toward my Warsong gear =/ I needed to start over but I either picked a bad server or a bad time to come back and play.

Its sad to be treated horribly for no reason.b:surrender
    It is. b:sad Hope everything goes well for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did two full WS back to back the other day. One had a 4k HP non-rb'd newly level 100 BM and the other had a 11k HP rb'd level 100 BM. Take a guess which was way more useful. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did two full WS back to back the other day. One had a 4k HP non-rb'd newly level 100 BM and the other had a 11k HP rb'd level 100 BM. Take a guess which was way more useful. :/

Yeh, that's why i say that ppl need to equip their chars , even a little bit better, before going into 'demanding' instances.

Hell, i wouldn't even go into a squad for my culti's unless i'm better geared then the free **** they give ya. And at least shard your gear with some citrines or whatever so one can survive a bit more :s But you don't need to be awakened to do instances, it helps, but not really needed.
  • Nanami - Heavens Tear
    Nanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I might have to quit the game since there are so many new things to do and I have no idea wth those are, fsp? pv? warsong¿?

All I know is that skills cannot be learned, they are expensive as hell and requite spellbooks pretty rare and worth millions. I won't even try to find out where lvl 100 gear comes from, probably some very difficult instance no one will take me because I am useless.

Am I supposed to lvl a new toon from scratch and farm jolly jones dailys for days? No thx, so boring. Easier to find a new game...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Yeh, that's why i say that ppl need to equip their chars , even a little bit better, before going into 'demanding' instances.

Hell, i wouldn't even go into a squad for my culti's unless i'm better geared then the free **** they give ya. And at least shard your gear with some citrines or whatever so one can survive a bit more :s But you don't need to be awakened to do instances, it helps, but not really needed.

Answer: 4k hp bm was more useful. ;p Couldn't do pavs, but he ran the head around for someone else. Also only died like twice iirc; once at the start of Cannon's vile version due to it aggroing him and second on Incarcerate when we got glitch where it summoned all the adds at once. His dgs were fine. Contrast to the 11k hp bm that failed pavs twice and barely dg'd. :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited December 2014
    I might have to quit the game since there are so many new things to do and I have no idea wth those are, fsp? pv? warsong¿?

All I know is that skills cannot be learned, they are expensive as hell and requite spellbooks pretty rare and worth millions. I won't even try to find out where lvl 100 gear comes from, probably some very difficult instance no one will take me because I am useless.

Am I supposed to lvl a new toon from scratch and farm jolly jones dailys for days? No thx, so boring. Easier to find a new game...

I wouldn't recommend quitting, I would recommend finding someone nice in game that is willing to teach you.

Here is some advice offered...

Your skills: You CAN learn them. For now, since you are newer to the game, don't focus on getting your sage/demon skills. For now, focus on getting your proper skills to level 10. What I would do is to get your cultivation at least to the level of aware of vaculty. (Preferably get it to sage/demon....make sure you research sage/demon path to decide which one fits your playstyle more).

Once you at least hit aware of vaculty, go into Morai, via the Morai Teleporter. From here, join an order. But also do your morai quest chain. (Yellow quest). SAVE your gear from this quest. This is Morai 95 gear, which is GOOD PvE gear. Equip this gear as a STARTING ENDGAME GEAR. That's a good step.

Now, you'll also notice in Morai, that there are certain skillbooks that can be obtained through orders. You can only do one order at a time though, so for example, you can't join luminesce and corona at the same time. It has to be one, then the other. However, there is also an advantage to being in the order. The Morai skillbooks...well, more specifically the morai skillbooks from BASIC SUPPLY (The Advanced supply is untradeable.). Learn your skills, of course, but also it may help you to sell some of these skills for coin. (250k-300k is reasonable...quite cheap, and makes people want to get it now, as a pose to taking the time to join another order for that skill.).

You earn those skills by both prestige and influence from your order. These are obtained by quests. These quests are:

Wraithslayers missive-Resets on Monday.
    Timed quest from advanced supply person - Once Daily.
    Divine Emissary - 2 white quests you can choose, or 1 purple one.
    Where is Jinato- Done daily. (You won't even have the option for this one for a while.)

As time goes on, and your influence and prestige go up, and your money...you'll have the option to buy sage/demon gems. These are good pieces to refine at endgame...not the best, but they are a better option. Later on, you'll want to go for these...either to equip or sell. Here is an overview of which orders give which ones, and their coin cost. You'll need to pay a small prestige/influence fee too....

Shroud - Garnet...(Physical Defense / Physical Attack)...Around 1.5 mil.
    Corona - Sapphire (Magic Defense / Magic Attack)...Around 1.5 mil.
    Luminesce - Citrine...Around 3.1 mil. (HP Bonus)

Now, those shards cost a bit, but you'll be selling them for several million more. That nets you more coin to work with.

Now, your approach isn't going to end there.

You're also going to join Nation Wars. This goes on every Friday and Sunday night from 8:20 p.m. to 10:20 p.m server time. Let me let you know now, this is a PvP event.

You WILL get killed.
    You will die repeatedly.
    You will suffer, and get frustrated.

Let me also let you know this....even though my armor is significantly better, even I get killed, and die repeatedly, so have fun with it to the best of your ability. (I recommend reading a nation wars guide on the forums for more clarification.)

At the end of each nation wars, you'll get supply tokens sent to you in the mail. You likely won't get much at first, but things will get better. The tokens may take up until midnight to come.

Take these supply tokens, and you can do one of 2 things... make rapture crystals...make uncanny crystals.

Now you can do one of 3 things:

*Sell them to catshops.

*Make a catshop yourself and sell them/Sell them via world/normal chat..

*Save them to G15 your armor/weapon.
    (Not the Morai one. This works for when you get a TT99 or Nirvana G13 weapon...which you should NOT equip at this stage. Do NOT equip this type of gear until you have your Nirvana G15 gear, unless your blacksmith/tailor level is level 7. This way, you can get help from trusted friends in forging your weapon. If you don't take my advice and decide to equip it anyways, then you have to do it yourself, and no one can help you take it to the next stage because it's bound to you.)

Either way, you've got millions worth right there. Yes, it was painful, and yes...if you had a charm on, it's likely hurting.

Note: If you need hp/mp potions:

*Do blue divine quest from divine order of void...trade the divine order in for hp/mp potions from the divine order of shadow.

*Buy tokens from the catshops. Trade them in to a PWI Botique agent.

3 - MP Herbs (50 Herb Yuanxiox).
    9 - HP Potions. (50 Crab Meat Juanixiox.)

Depending on your class, you might need a few of these.

Something else. You'll want to refine your endgame gear regardless of what class you are. Even morai 95 gear should be refined and sharded to some degree.

So.....

You can earn mirages from the mysterious old man at level 100+.

Simply trade in your Nirvana talisman to him through the prompts that he gives you, and choose between 5 mirages, 5 ultimate substance, or 10 chips.

Mirages are used for refining. Refining is done at the elder of each major/semi-major city. You may need quite a few before attempting.

In terms of sharding...I would buy FLAWLESS shards for my morai gear. They're cheap shards, and are the normal shards people buy to equip their gear before advancing to something better.

They'll cost around 200-300k a pop, but by this time you're earning a decent enough living that it won't break you.

Note: Another way to make money is to go and open Twilight Temple. People that are saying looking for TT Openers/Twilight Temple Openers do NOT require you to have good gear.

Your job is simply to arrive there in a timely fashion. (Illusion stone to Twilight temple if you're far away.). Now, go inside and your should see a blue portal on the floor. That's the one that they went in. Enter there. From here, buff them when they get there. (If you're a veno and there is a cleric/mystic, ask them if they want bramble before giving it to them.) Wait for them to open the instance. Let them pay you. Once the door in front of you vanishes, and they run off to fight, you're good to go. Drop squad, and leave the instance. (They're only paying you to open...which is why your gear won't matter. You can run there stark naked and they won't care.)

When you leave the instance, you will arrive at a town. This town is close by TT (Twilight Temple), so feel free to run by the instance, wait outside of it, and when you see another person PAYING for an opener in WC, tell them your class. (Do it quickly as you do have competition.)

Most people on my server sell for 100k. Some sell for 75k. Some try to go cheap and sell for 50k.

In any event, it's free coin for you, that only costs a few minutes. This way you're earning much more coin now, and you're starting to see some growth. You can shard your character in a day with flawless with this. (Provided there are a lot of TT runners, and you get picked before others message them.)

PV (Phoenix Valley): Is a place where you can earn lots of experience. I wouldn't recommend you going there just yet. Not until you get decent armor-shards and refines. Simply put, this place is a mob fest. I'd practice knowing your toon, and getting better gear before entering there.

FSP: You need to be rebirthed to level 100 again if you are to run this dungeon. This is your first time reaching level 100, so this place isn't accessible to you. Once you are able to run it, your revenue will increase.

You can also get money from level 100+ bounty hunter quests. If you're feeling insecure, I'd recommend you take a squad where they are already at the boss. But a lot of the bounty hunter quests, you should be able to do in Morai gear.

Rewards include-

55 Mirages. (Good for refining or emergency income.)
    40 socket stones. (Sell it to a catshop.)
    55 Mysterious chip. (Put it in the bank and forget it for now.)
    2 Ecstacy Cards - (Sell it to any npc for 2 million coin.)
    1 Excitement Card - (Sell it to any npc for 5 million coin.)
    Orb of cultivation - Uhhh...xp (Experience) item.

Main instance for when you want to farm your G16 gear is Warsong. TT is good for farming your TT99 gold gear, and if you've saved enough raps/uncannies from nation wars, you'll have enough to turn this into G15 gear. (You can equip Nirvana G15 gear with no fear of penalty.) This gear is endgame, and puts you right on the road to an even better endgame gear...Nirvana G16. (Second best gear variant in the game....the gear that I have.) You earn basic badges and you can earn weapon/armor molds here. Look at the forges to see which gear you need. What I would recommend if you're running this... If you're an arcane class, you should have at least 5000 hp unbuffed (That's being lenient). Though 4k is doable. HA classes should be looking at even more, as should LA classes.

There are other ways to earn coin in game, but this should give you a good start. Good luck to whomever is reading this, and I hope that you find this information useful. If anyone else wants to chip in other strategies to help the newer level 100 players, feel free to do so.

Kind of sad how PWI put them at 95+ but did it in a way that they'd be ill-prepared for the higher leveled instances. Should have at least given them gear that would equal Morai 95, or come close to it. It's not really the new players fault that their gear is like that. Some are legitimately new to endgame. So if anyone has anything else helpful to add. (Please don't troll them. I'm truly trying to help them)...feel free to do so.

Oh, and on an additional note- Find a faction that's willing to run instances for newer players, and see if you can get them to help also. Hope that helps.
    b:victory

• erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And in this thread we have an example of why I only allow my off-PWI friends into my faction. :/ Because at least they'll treat even newbs decently. Jesus CHRIST, guys, you make oldbies sound like a bunch of whiny a-holes.
    edited December 2014
    Note: I'm going to probably copy and past my above post and make a new thread when I get off work later on, so as not to derail this one. I think more people need to see it, so they don't give up so readily. I just wanted to address the poster that was about to give up, and offer tips that might help them.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    erisu wrote: »
    And in this thread we have an example of why I only allow my off-PWI friends into my faction. :/ Because at least they'll treat even newbs decently. Jesus CHRIST, guys, you make oldbies sound like a bunch of whiny a-holes.

Oldbies are a bunch of whiny *******s. ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Truth is spoken, lol.

@Serenity: Yo thank you for that post. Even I as someone who generally knows what I am doing almost completely forgot about Morai Quest chain giving good PVE gear. Hah. See even people who have been around forever don't know everything. And here I was floundering trying to desperately find some faction to take me in and help me get some TT runs since Randoms just aren't working out. I'm just gonna go into Morai get some levels and some gear. Aces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Nanami - Heavens Tear
    Nanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't recommend quitting, I would recommend finding someone nice in game that is willing to teach you.

Here is some advice offered...

Your skills: You CAN learn them. For now, since you are newer to the game, don't focus on getting your sage/demon skills. For now, focus on getting your proper skills to level 10. What I would do is to get your cultivation at least to the level of aware of vaculty. (Preferably get it to sage/demon....make sure you research sage/demon path to decide which one fits your playstyle more).

Once you at least hit aware of vaculty, go into Morai, via the Morai Teleporter. From here, join an order. But also do your morai quest chain. (Yellow quest). SAVE your gear from this quest. This is Morai 95 gear, which is GOOD PvE gear. Equip this gear as a STARTING ENDGAME GEAR. That's a good step.

Now, you'll also notice in Morai, that there are certain skillbooks that can be obtained through orders. You can only do one order at a time though, so for example, you can't join luminesce and corona at the same time. It has to be one, then the other. However, there is also an advantage to being in the order. The Morai skillbooks...well, more specifically the morai skillbooks from BASIC SUPPLY (The Advanced supply is untradeable.). Learn your skills, of course, but also it may help you to sell some of these skills for coin. (250k-300k is reasonable...quite cheap, and makes people want to get it now, as a pose to taking the time to join another order for that skill.).

You earn those skills by both prestige and influence from your order. These are obtained by quests. These quests are:

Wraithslayers missive-Resets on Monday.
    Timed quest from advanced supply person - Once Daily.
    Divine Emissary - 2 white quests you can choose, or 1 purple one.
    Where is Jinato- Done daily. (You won't even have the option for this one for a while.)

As time goes on, and your influence and prestige go up, and your money...you'll have the option to buy sage/demon gems. These are good pieces to refine at endgame...not the best, but they are a better option. Later on, you'll want to go for these...either to equip or sell. Here is an overview of which orders give which ones, and their coin cost. You'll need to pay a small prestige/influence fee too....

Shroud - Garnet...(Physical Defense / Physical Attack)...Around 1.5 mil.
    Corona - Sapphire (Magic Defense / Magic Attack)...Around 1.5 mil.
    Luminesce - Citrine...Around 3.1 mil. (HP Bonus)

Now, those shards cost a bit, but you'll be selling them for several million more. That nets you more coin to work with.

Now, your approach isn't going to end there.

You're also going to join Nation Wars. This goes on every Friday and Sunday night from 8:20 p.m. to 10:20 p.m server time. Let me let you know now, this is a PvP event.

You WILL get killed.
    You will die repeatedly.
    You will suffer, and get frustrated.

Let me also let you know this....even though my armor is significantly better, even I get killed, and die repeatedly, so have fun with it to the best of your ability. (I recommend reading a nation wars guide on the forums for more clarification.)

At the end of each nation wars, you'll get supply tokens sent to you in the mail. You likely won't get much at first, but things will get better. The tokens may take up until midnight to come.

Take these supply tokens, and you can do one of 2 things... make rapture crystals...make uncanny crystals.

Now you can do one of 3 things:

*Sell them to catshops.

*Make a catshop yourself and sell them/Sell them via world/normal chat..

*Save them to G15 your armor/weapon.
    (Not the Morai one. This works for when you get a TT99 or Nirvana G13 weapon...which you should NOT equip at this stage. Do NOT equip this type of gear until you have your Nirvana G15 gear, unless your blacksmith/tailor level is level 7. This way, you can get help from trusted friends in forging your weapon. If you don't take my advice and decide to equip it anyways, then you have to do it yourself, and no one can help you take it to the next stage because it's bound to you.)

Either way, you've got millions worth right there. Yes, it was painful, and yes...if you had a charm on, it's likely hurting.

Note: If you need hp/mp potions:

*Do blue divine quest from divine order of void...trade the divine order in for hp/mp potions from the divine order of shadow.

*Buy tokens from the catshops. Trade them in to a PWI Botique agent.

3 - MP Herbs (50 Herb Yuanxiox).
    9 - HP Potions. (50 Crab Meat Juanixiox.)

Depending on your class, you might need a few of these.

Something else. You'll want to refine your endgame gear regardless of what class you are. Even morai 95 gear should be refined and sharded to some degree.

So.....

You can earn mirages from the mysterious old man at level 100+.

Simply trade in your Nirvana talisman to him through the prompts that he gives you, and choose between 5 mirages, 5 ultimate substance, or 10 chips.

Mirages are used for refining. Refining is done at the elder of each major/semi-major city. You may need quite a few before attempting.

In terms of sharding...I would buy FLAWLESS shards for my morai gear. They're cheap shards, and are the normal shards people buy to equip their gear before advancing to something better.

They'll cost around 200-300k a pop, but by this time you're earning a decent enough living that it won't break you.

Note: Another way to make money is to go and open Twilight Temple. People that are saying looking for TT Openers/Twilight Temple Openers do NOT require you to have good gear.

Your job is simply to arrive there in a timely fashion. (Illusion stone to Twilight temple if you're far away.). Now, go inside and your should see a blue portal on the floor. That's the one that they went in. Enter there. From here, buff them when they get there. (If you're a veno and there is a cleric/mystic, ask them if they want bramble before giving it to them.) Wait for them to open the instance. Let them pay you. Once the door in front of you vanishes, and they run off to fight, you're good to go. Drop squad, and leave the instance. (They're only paying you to open...which is why your gear won't matter. You can run there stark naked and they won't care.)

When you leave the instance, you will arrive at a town. This town is close by TT (Twilight Temple), so feel free to run by the instance, wait outside of it, and when you see another person PAYING for an opener in WC, tell them your class. (Do it quickly as you do have competition.)

Most people on my server sell for 100k. Some sell for 75k. Some try to go cheap and sell for 50k.

In any event, it's free coin for you, that only costs a few minutes. This way you're earning much more coin now, and you're starting to see some growth. You can shard your character in a day with flawless with this. (Provided there are a lot of TT runners, and you get picked before others message them.)

PV (Phoenix Valley): Is a place where you can earn lots of experience. I wouldn't recommend you going there just yet. Not until you get decent armor-shards and refines. Simply put, this place is a mob fest. I'd practice knowing your toon, and getting better gear before entering there.

FSP: You need to be rebirthed to level 100 again if you are to run this dungeon. This is your first time reaching level 100, so this place isn't accessible to you. Once you are able to run it, your revenue will increase.

You can also get money from level 100+ bounty hunter quests. If you're feeling insecure, I'd recommend you take a squad where they are already at the boss. But a lot of the bounty hunter quests, you should be able to do in Morai gear.

Rewards include-

55 Mirages. (Good for refining or emergency income.)
    40 socket stones. (Sell it to a catshop.)
    55 Mysterious chip. (Put it in the bank and forget it for now.)
    2 Ecstacy Cards - (Sell it to any npc for 2 million coin.)
    1 Excitement Card - (Sell it to any npc for 5 million coin.)
    Orb of cultivation - Uhhh...xp (Experience) item.

Main instance for when you want to farm your G16 gear is Warsong. TT is good for farming your TT99 gold gear, and if you've saved enough raps/uncannies from nation wars, you'll have enough to turn this into G15 gear. (You can equip Nirvana G15 gear with no fear of penalty.) This gear is endgame, and puts you right on the road to an even better endgame gear...Nirvana G16. (Second best gear variant in the game....the gear that I have.) You earn basic badges and you can earn weapon/armor molds here. Look at the forges to see which gear you need. What I would recommend if you're running this... If you're an arcane class, you should have at least 5000 hp unbuffed (That's being lenient). Though 4k is doable. HA classes should be looking at even more, as should LA classes.

There are other ways to earn coin in game, but this should give you a good start. Good luck to whomever is reading this, and I hope that you find this information useful. If anyone else wants to chip in other strategies to help the newer level 100 players, feel free to do so.

Kind of sad how PWI put them at 95+ but did it in a way that they'd be ill-prepared for the higher leveled instances. Should have at least given them gear that would equal Morai 95, or come close to it. It's not really the new players fault that their gear is like that. Some are legitimately new to endgame. So if anyone has anything else helpful to add. (Please don't troll them. I'm truly trying to help them)...feel free to do so.

Oh, and on an additional note- Find a faction that's willing to run instances for newer players, and see if you can get them to help also. Hope that helps.
    b:victory

Thank u b:cry I am sorry I freaked out!
    Now I am trying to get my pets to lvl 100 e.e)
    edited December 2014
    @ Gwendolynne and Nanami. You're Welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help.

@Nanami: You can level your pets on the snowmen. (Best to find a less crowded area, but they're pretty good for venomancer pets. Also, if you're having an issue with pet loyalty decreasing due to pet hunger, it will help in future to invest in a cage.

Also, may I say that some pets at high level that may prove useful in the meantime (while you're leveling your main ones) would be:

the nivastock shieldbearer...good for a tank.
    *The celestial plumpfish or the other plumpfish....great water pet.
    *Level 80 sawfly...since it leveled up. (I do not know how it's stats are now since the change.)
    *Some mobs by land of burning heart are decent.
    *The armored Bear...another good tank.

I'm not saying these are the greatest pets, or anything, but these should help you to do the job in the meantime, until you level your true pets up. Since right now, gear is an issue, having decent pets to fight with will save you a lot of grief.

Also @ Nanami: I'm not sure if this has been changed, but there are some level 100 aerial monsters that are passive with something like 100 hp, so they may help your aerial monsters. Also, there are some level 100 passive ground monsters. Sadly, I cannot recall their names, as I haven't had a reason to...being a cleric main and all. :)

Also, for coin, pick up coin drops that you see. If you're on your mount and running to a location, pick up some herbs and dig them to sell to catshops/npcs. If you're not in a rush to get somewhere, fly or use your mount. I save a lot by flying and riding my mount everywhere. I get my money's worth out of them. Lol.

@Klinsy: I'm going to give you a quote that was said on a great anime: Inuyasha. "Not really a demon; not really human. I'm not either. That's all. There was no place for me, so I had find one myself. And then I realized. I had a place, but I was the only one in it. I didn't know any other way to live."

I felt the same way in the past. At times, I still feel down about things. It's part of being human. Just remember, that even though we might feel out of place at times...it's important to know that sometimes that "Out of place"feeling that we have, where others don't truly understand us, or fit exactly in, might just be precisely where we belong. "I have a place all along. It's just that I was the only one standing in it." And I'm alright with that. I'm at peace knowing it. Doesn't matter how old we are, or what happens. Sometimes we need friends, family, or even passing strangers to give us a word of encouragement. Hopefully, these words help you in game, and in life....and who knows...they may go as far as to touch and help someone else that may need to hear it also. :)

• Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    @Klinsy: I'm going to give you a quote that was said on a great anime: Inuyasha. "Not really a demon; not really human. I'm not either. That's all. There was no place for me, so I had find one myself. And then I realized. I had a place, but I was the only one in it. I didn't know any other way to live."

I felt the same way in the past. At times, I still feel down about things. It's part of being human. Just remember, that even though we might feel out of place at times...it's important to know that sometimes that "Out of place"feeling that we have, where others don't truly understand us, or fit exactly in, might just be precisely where we belong. "I have a place all along. It's just that I was the only one standing in it." And I'm alright with that. I'm at peace knowing it. Doesn't matter how old we are, or what happens. Sometimes we need friends, family, or even passing strangers to give us a word of encouragement. Hopefully, these words help you in game, and in life....and who knows...they may go as far as to touch and help someone else that may need to hear it also. :)
    Thank you. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellecat2
    bellecat2 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My own experiences with the dreaded "insta 100 pills"

The ugly:
    "Omg I'm lvl 100 why is this lvl 75 mob oneshotting me this sux" (Dreamchaser gear pillbaby)
    "Can anyone give me some coins? I need gear please..." (Horn message. One of many)
    *insert some random indecipherable message in mostly cyrillic* (Also horn message, one of many)
    "This is my first BH EU. I'll just follow you k? Don't have time to figure this out now." (Random EU squad with 2 to 5 firsttimers without any clue to what they're doing. Failed ofc. BH EU has been... painful of late, and I'm not the only one who feels such - AEU is going to have the same problems)
    "Can anyone tell me where to get gear lvl 100 plz?" (Horn/wc message. Repeats often)

SO TRUE b:surrender

now way to late for a rollback b:surrender