Effects of insta lvl 95 pills, the fun and pain of it

Comments

• Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bellecat2 wrote: »
    agree i see lvl 100s asking where to buy a pickaxe iam like realy this is sad.

this would indicate that they are "old" players. New players wouldnt even know aboutpickaxe.
  • lordarrakis
    lordarrakis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure if PWE or anybody else realised this already but in this instance the new players are also VICTIMS of the leveling pill. They create their new accounts and toons and then happily take their steroids, and all of a sudden they come face to face with a staggering amount of frustration and trolling and ridicule. If I was a newbie, just the amount of vitriol I see on world chat directed to those of my ilk would be enough to put me off the game. But I guess to a business this is just a numbers game. If you can get X amount of new players and Y% of them stay on and endure through the baptism of fire, and that Y% turns out to be a good ROI (return on investments), all is well.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One of the problem which I noticed is the sheer amount of information needed when you reach 100, such as cultivation, morai, warsong and other stuff. And this is one main problem for people who use the pills for insta 100. Is like a toddler suddenly promoted into a college student and asked to write a report or something b:chuckle Still, I love the random doodles on the report

I mentally facepalm when I heard random question like this :

"lvl 100 gear is from warsong right, but isnt warsong is for r9 only" when I explained to someone about s3 gear.

"I tought seeker are magic class so I put all into mag stat, now I can't wear any gear except the weak one" -facedesk-

The ugly thing about this pill are, that horn spamming, omg, with someone using horn every couple of minute is very annoying. b:cry

I agree with some people saying that those insta 100 should ra and learn the information again as they lvl up. b:surrender but still, one of the reason they are using the pills in the first place is that they dont want to lvl up.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lanebre wrote: »
    Thats his point. Newbies don't have pickaxe

And what if the newbies are stormbringers and duskblades. This new classes have no pickaxe either.
    giphy.gif

• HowieHero - Heavens Tear
    HowieHero - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will be asking people to link their Pickaxe before being allowed in squads for anything from now on b:victory

Im old school from way back and i dont have a pickaxe now as i sold it to a NPc since it not required any longer, so does that make me a newbie.....nope.
    I have 5 characters on 2 accounts and used the pill on my Assasin. He is fitted with nirvanna gear and weapons. im in the process now of obtaining all the skill books required.

So in conclusion, you cant go just on the fact of if they have a pickaxe or not.
    I do agree tho that there are now so many lvl95+ toons running around with their heads chopped off so to speak not knowing what they doing that its hard to tell real players from the new wnatabe players
  • hunaradir1
    hunaradir1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In my opinion it can be good too.
    For one reason yes, its really annoying the lots of noob 100+ chars, but for an another reason, the deadly servers now again active...really active. And in my opinion as a tt mat dealer, i think my business going to goes up :D And it for just me. Ppl who sell g16 service card packs or anything, now ppl going to buy them. I think its good for the echonomy.b:pleased (I hope with time, they going to learn how to play toob:surrender)
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2014
    And what if the newbies are stormbringers and duskblades. This new classes have no pickaxe either.

lol, I have an idea, why dont u asked them to link a basic quest item like esotorica thingy or token of seven
    Heaven Tear

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That's a rather invalid point. The main contention for insta 95/100 is they got the level without the gear, or knowledge. A stormbringer/duskblade does not have the option to do this; meaning they got it through playing the game, or that it is an alt of a knowledgeable player utilizing known tricks and twinking to speed their new class through the levels. Which means they'd have access to a pickaxe from their main.

Stormbringers and duskblades should be one of the safest classes to bring along at the moment, simply because they can't hyper FCC or use the insta-95 stone.
  • RockMSockM - Harshlands
    RockMSockM - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been with this game almost from the start. Im ancient compared to alot. I've seen the dark ages bro. Back when i started 95 was a pipe dream. I seen alot of good(autopath/item link and such), but I have to say I personally think the 95 pill all about the $$$. It didnt bring many new people, there are a few i give it that. Most of the "new people are returnies. Before the pill lvl'ing wasnt hard, DO YOU DAILIES! If they wanted peope to be a higher lvl to CS endgame gears / rep, etc. they could have put the hypers back in FC. I leveled my cleric from 1-100 with out hyper FC. I still play this game after 7 years, and probley will till the pull the plug. The 95+ pill for me is probly one of the worst things to ever be done to PWI. b:angry

*p.s the join date is your forum date not the date u started the account.*
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Prepare yourself , the rage is coming.

Haha Crystal babies, the ultimate culmination of powerlvling in PWI.

First we had Oracle babies, and there was QQ and rage but then it subsided as time passed.

But then we had Hyper FC babies, who would lvl so fast that we didnt have time to QQ and rage.

Now we have Crystal babies whose Insta lvl 95 toons come with minimal gears and skills and find their sneak way into the YOUR runs. Where the proceed to cause complete party wipes..

Oh yes the QQ and rage shall be strong in the coming weeks.,

You forgot CS, BH, reflections and a few others.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *p.s the join date is your forum date not the date u started the account.*

You can click on the persons name under their avatar and on the arc profile it will say the date you started that account.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    AEU sucks so much now. So so SO much.

Having 8/9 of the other members in squad be utterly useless or completely incompetent is a royal pain.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I retired my wizard and am playing stormy now. One of the reasons is to avoid the endgame squad stuff that I can see would make me very mad very fast.

But there's no escaping them. Reawakened, no money, no gear, no skill, no clue, no language, no patience, no respect. I thought sticking to guild squads would be wise, but I see joining just friends' squads is a safe choice.

b:surrender Maddening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    morai world chats:

-Hello ,I am new here and lvl 100.What do I do now?

-Hey guys, where do I buy Astral lvl X?

b:shutup

My Blacklist was empty all those years, except maybe 1-2 people.
    Now with in 1 week it expanded to 78 people, mostly those russian cyrillic spamers.
    When will ur *friends* leave Mars.......? b:cry
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I got a cleric lastnight ."Oh I haven't done any culti or anything so I cant buff."

I HAVE NO USE FOR YOUR STINKING BH ALT.

Also lastnight heavy ToS abuse,some one had like a army of seekers just turing in quest.

So PW what now this **** is worse than people making alts for stupid jolly jones.

Predicts PW will rid the game of BH's next due to their mess up.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    AEU sucks so much now. So so SO much.

Having 8/9 of the other members in squad be utterly useless or completely incompetent is a royal pain.

This has been all my AEU squads on bushes path since bh got updated to include AEU. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The other side of the noob problem is the veterans. You can't assume all who used the pill is a free-loading noob. Some do genuinely want to learn an instance or their new class alt. These people should be taught and guided as they'll add to the endgame population that knows whats going on.
    I don't disagree on the ones that have no gear, no culti, and no skills/buffs though, and they should rightfully be kicked and denied from any squads.

I'll take anyone when I WC, if they're new and want to learn whatever instance we're doing, great. Love to teach new people and makes for a new person that knows the run in the future.

If they're looking for a free ride, don't want to learn or are jeopardizing the run, the problem goes away with the press of the kick button.

Agreed, people can't complain the server is dead, then call newcomers noobs and refuse to do stuff with them until they l2p and are as pro as they are. As a collective community we're better than that I hope.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The other side of the noob problem is the veterans. You can't assume all who used the pill is a free-loading noob. Some do genuinely want to learn an instance or their new class alt. These people should be taught and guided as they'll add to the endgame population that knows whats going on.
    I don't disagree on the ones that have no gear, no culti, and no skills/buffs though, and they should rightfully be kicked and denied from any squads.

I'll take anyone when I WC, if they're new and want to learn whatever instance we're doing, great. Love to teach new people and makes for a new person that knows the run in the future.
    If they're looking for a free ride, don't want to learn or are jeopardizing the run, the problem goes away with the press of the kick button.
    The noobs who have no gear, no culti, no skills just need to be kicked from squads. Don't put up with their **** and post woes here. Kick them.

The ones who genuinely want to learn, did their culti, have skills and working on gear....guide and teach them and they'll add to the community of people who knows whats going on.

The group of bad ones will get quickly get tired of not being able to do anything and either do what they're supposed to or quit.

Once the stone becomes a pay item, the influx of these new people will drop way off.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Let's see, I have a few stories...

- Pill-seeker with 4k HP kept dying in BH Warsong to the mobs' AOE.

- Someone who claimed to have played a long time joined my pill sin's culti 69 squad - keep in mind my pill sin has 10k+ HP since Im using the gear from my other sin excluding the plate. The psychic had 3k HP and they insisted giving me their non-sage sov, I refused. I said I do not want my mana to get drained more than it does already, to which they reply "but sins dont need mana". I said then they obviously do not know sins, and to this they said "you'll be the first one I let die." Well... no deaths for me.

- 79 squad, pill archer with relatively good hp (7.7k) wanted to join for mobs, saying it is impossible for an archer to solo them.

- Quicksand Maze 100+ rb squad, non-rb pill wizard insisted joining.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also a funny thing for "pillpeople" -> the rewards when levelling. Most are missing. Less funny is that I see lvl 95+ players aren't able to kill easy dudes like Khewy or Architect. Giving away free ressurections/buffs since the pill-update b:laugh
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I haven't met anyone who didn't know what culti was yet... That's not to say they don't exist, that's just surprising to me o.o

That said, for myself I decided to use the pill to tinker with a long time daydream of mine; the heavy armor veno. But at least I have the sense to not go putting her into BH squads or warsong runs without gearing her... Also I've been handling the nubs that DON'T have that sense with a "minimum tolerance policy." What that means is they can come, but if they get themselves dead or think "hanging back" is ok unless they're dual clienting with a stronger toon, they get left behind and or booted from squad.
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL been playing 6 years now (since shortly after game started). Used the pills to make a couple of alts of classes i like (so I can have one demon and one sage - yes, I'm nuts) or lvl alts I'd had coming along slowly.

Good thing about the pill -- people seem more ready to accept your squad invite when you doing mobs or minibosses. That had gone by the wayside long ago, sadly. Hope it continues.

Bad thing -- Got so used to my mains having their skills and gear that it's sometimes hard to remember my pill babies aren't that good yet. lol And yes, agree with others about pill babies not taking time to learn game, skills, classes, but that will come (hope hope hope).

As for coin -- I'm crazy enough to have enough jolly jones slaves that I make sure my pill babies have the coin on them to max skills as they do each culti lvl. Am too chicken to send them out "naked" without that LOL

Have fun all y'all and try to be patient....maybe....if we can....
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will be asking people to link their Pickaxe before being allowed in squads for anything from now on b:victory

I npced my pickaxe to free up room from a useless item b:sad . I r noob nao?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay, so I started PWI a little before Dreamweaver existed. After DW was born, I made it my permanent home in PWI. This was after I discovered my obsession with character appearance customization, so I made 8 accounts worth of characters, just so I could reserve names and give them unique faces.

But then it hit me. While I was leveling early on, I got to FB59. Something happened that changed me. When I was told that I missed a quest to dig something extra in FB59, it triggered my OCD. I was too insecure to let that go.

Well that playstyle has held me down for YEARS now, as I started leveling every character I had. I deleted some in favor of Tideborn and Earthguard characters, of course starting to level them as well. I only reserved a handful of characters as mules.

I got burnt out. Questing the same nab quests over and over and over again really isn't fun. But I couldn't let go. My OCD held me to be a quest completionist on every single character. I couldn't get past level 70. The ease of the quests and the larger exp and coin pool they rewarded never helped my case, as I dumped my extra progress into genies.

I quit. Not willingly. I just couldn't take it any more. PWI had became stale to me. Even as I started TT... it just wasn't enough to keep my interest. Especially when all my friends were trying to get me to powerlevel with FCC. "You know all the classes in and out" they said. I knew I didn't, I never experienced the higher-end skills after all. But I'm not a PvPer, and I do know my way around the roles(tank, healer, DDer), so I knew I could hold my own in a dungeon. What they said kinda boosted my self-esteem a bit, despite my insecurities.

Then the newest expansion came. I heard about the Illusionary Crystal giveaway. This was what would give me the boost I needed to get over that damned quest completionist nonsense that held me back AND could give me a chance to contribute more to my friends and faction.

So the expansion hit. The bug that happened when the crystal boxes were handed out yielded me to not only have 10 characters boosted, but a couple of them even to level 100. Greatest day in PWI, I thought.

But of course, there were downsides to everyone being given instant level 95 status. I knew that. I knew that it sent so many people to high-level status, despite them not knowing how to play their character. I knew that it was an overall downer on the game as a whole, despite it helping me personally out a great deal.

I rejoined my old faction. I was welcomed back with open arms from the ones that remembered me from over a year ago(maybe 2 years even?). Sweet, I almost felt like an actual part of the group now. Almost. There were still many new faces in the faction. But that's okay, I love meeting new people and working with them.

But then 12/22/14 happened. After I blew through BH39 in an attempt to clear my nab stack of BHs, I came across something called a "Nuema". I guess it was from one of the newer expansions, from the War Avatar one I believe. I had no idea what to do with it. So I linked it to my faction's chat. Apparently one of the members decided to troll me, telling me that if I rightclick it, it'll make me a god. I thought "sure!", it can't hurt. Probably isn't a rare item anyway. So I did. "Nothing happened" I said. "lol new players" my faction mate said.

I cussed him/her out(getting around the censors as best I could), blocked that person, and left the fleet. That comment cut very deep. It hurt. I felt like I could never play PWI again. And it still does. I'm not sure what to do now. I don't have any faction to call home, nor have a group of friends in-game any more. Yes, I had PWI issues before the pill, but holy hell it destroyed my PWI experience pretty quickly.

FML. b:cry

If you read my tl;dr blog post, thank you. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wow best idea ever >.> but yeah i understand why some pple would just toss their old pickaxe away. I personally kept mine.... wonder if its sellable in catshop b:chuckle

catshop title: SIGN OF VETERAN
    item: pickaxes

i guess im twisted. I think id turn the annoyance to fun.
    If legit pill babies in squad gonna make it so they die as much as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wc for an opener for TT and got a 4 or 5 replies, being fair i went for first one that whispered me, level 100 sin. I thought good, prob demon BP be handy given my sin alt only has 10. She turns up, I opened, we buff, I pay her 100k and run to the portal, next thing I knew shes still next to me. I thought maybe shes just gna help with first boss so decided to say nothing. So we reach first boss and she gets 1 shoted. I kill and she comes back, by which time i've moved on past next portal.

I said "do you need anything in here" to which she replies "no, im not needing anything" I replied "you are welcome to everything apart from forshuras hooks and any gold" to which she replied "oh, i was after the forshura's hooks but you can have them i suppose"

I'm feeling a tad annoyed at this point and suspected she'd make a runner with my hooks, i was so tempted to kick her but I'm too nice and couldnt do it. Anyways we kill first wurlord and she's like "wheres the drops?" I'm like "we need to kill him 4 times" so in she wades to the whole bunch and promptly dies. I had the 3 killed by time she returned and got myself 4 hooks b:chuckle

Oh and her BP was only level 10 at best
  • psuedoflame
    psuedoflame Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I knew right away my character would be underequipt for the level.
    I've played rpg's before, and new I'd have a terrible WbL
    Due to this, and the fact I wanted a pvp server, I knew it would be a bad idea to group with people who might(read:most definately would) decide to betray the young blood.

I started looking into my options.
    I decided I'd need a summon/pet class, and 3 minutes of google told me my choices where veno or mystic.
    The mystic's healing looked nice, but I went with veno due to rare pets(dang you pokemon...)

I got my first pet, used one of the few teleport stones to get outside the newb area, and completed a few quest designated for level 30.
    following this, I raised my tame pet skill to 6, and worked my way to la level 94 Glacial maiden.
    I headed back and completed some cultivation quest (currently aware of principle)
    I got a genie, and infused it with 95 levels worth of spirit.
    killed some snowmen for some celestone (thank you ingame encyclopedia!)turned them into mirage celestoen (oh, and google) and infused IT with 95 levels worth of spirit.
    I'm now waiting for a week to turn them into exp cubes that I can sell.

this insta95 doesn't put me up with real 95's, but with carefull play, my pet should let me complete some of the lvl 60-80 quest with better rewards.

the biggest downside for me so far has been the drop rates.
    I wanna expand my pet bag and banker stash, but everything that drops the material for expansion is so far bellow my level I get a drop rate penalty that makes herb farming in TotA look fastb:surrender

I do feel bad for the older players however.
    after all, not every noob tries to feel their limits before joining parties.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yea, I dunno. Not that hard to deal with the insta 100. I made a barb and I went and started doing culti. Light sail cave ( the new fb19) had a couple annoying parts but pretty easy just using tiger form, auto attack and devour silly nooks.
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    after all, not every noob tries to feel their limits before joining parties.
    Nah, you're not a noob. You might be a 'newb' though, as you're competent. <3

I wish all newbs were like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2014
    Kudos to pseudoflame for trying to get information via google and stuff while playing, as expected from seasoned RPG veteran b:laugh

I always appreciated newcomer who knows how to dig for information via forum, pwi-wiki or pwi database, and I'm more than willing to help since its less frustating than helping a complete noob who knows nothing and not willing to learn.

Its a game afterall and dont take it seriously, paly it for fun (definitions vary here lol).

From what I learn since I was a low lvl toon, I always have respect on high lvl toon and I watch them how they play if they are in my squad. but now squading with "high lvl" toons always makes me laugh sometime. But I also respected those who are actually try to learn their class.

I was in bh79 squad, and one of the member is an insta 100 barb with tt70 gear a green axe. I told him that I will try to hold my agro so he can tank the bosses, he says no worry, and he did his job pretty good. I also seen an insta lvl 100 cleric perform far better than a fully geared lvl 101 cleric in bh69 b:laugh.

Its kinda easy to see which is a "pill-toon" in squad, but dont judge them yet untill you see how they play their classb:victory

So far I've been like 50:50 in meeting a fail pill-toon during squad play, probably someone alts.
    But still, some pill-toon makes me laugh with their questions and gameplay. We desperately need a pill-toon rehabilitation center in PWI, remember kids, pills dont make you good. b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear