Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please increase the font size and font color very hard to see coordinates and elevation.
    green on green just does not work LOL

No kidding! I hadn't realized it was so bad until I was doing a Jolly Jones quest and wanted to go down to a specific elevation to see that dragonet thing.... and seeing the elevation is very, very hard. I was squinting at my screen and I have 20/15 vision.

I'm going to have to find a way to go back to the old UI if they don't change this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Oh, BTW... I called it.... b:chuckle
    So Here's What You Can Expect From The Expansion.

1. It will be incomplete.

The original release dates set by Wanmei were next Spring. Pushing for a March/April release.
    Sparkie stated here in the forums that PWE was going to push to get it released in January.
    Reality is that they managed to push it forward to the 16th of December.

So instead of spending 25 weeks on development, they've shoved it out with less than 10. (assuming that development on our version started after they released the CN version.)
    That's over 600 hours of time spent on development that was thrown out the window completely.

2. Newly implemented quests and changes may be broken.

See above with #1. same reasons. If you've been here for any major expansion, you already know this to be fact anyway.

3. The new engine is hardly any improvement to client performance.

Seriously, I've tested it. Nearly no improvement at all with the new engine because the base coding for the client has hardly been touched. I'm hoping that later releases will change this, but so far, it's a major disappointment and I really don't have much in the way of hopes for any improvement in the future.

The short of it.

PWE is once again taking something that could be "ok" and doing their best to mis-manage and mess it up. They're only partially to blame though as the developers of the software in China aren't doing a much better job thanks to similar management over there.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    looks like im wrong... it will either be pushed to late afternoon or tomorrow for this update...
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • Parson - Harshlands
    Parson - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bank82 wrote: »
    How does the new race start the Goshiki Chain please

Yes I would like to know this as well. At level 40 I received the pop-up that said to visit your elder...but there was no quest there to start the chain. Thanks!
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same ****, different patch. It's the cycle of PWI Expansion Days.

Every single update that's been released for this game has been riddled with undocumented and/or unintended changes to the game. You'd think that PWRD, a $760 million dollar publicly-traded company, would improve service quality after a few botched deployments, but nothing's really changed. The consistency in their poor performance is more impressive than anything else, really.

It's always a quick race to exploit all the glitches for gain before they're fixed. They won't punish abusers in accordance with the severity, as they've demonstrated before. PWI has no idea what they're doing, lol.

hehe WHat do you expect from a company that only lease the game from China and don't even log in to log at the live servers to see how the game really is. Been here a few years now and I am used to broken patches. Give it a few years and it will be fixed. We will have our free level 95 by the end of 2024 or something like that. Just relax and enjoy the ride b:laugh
  • lightbane1990
    lightbane1990 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey sparkisoft. or sweetiebot. any news as of yet??
    edited December 2014
    you must use Sweetiebot as the first word in order to get a response
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Hey sparkisoft. or sweetiebot. any news as of yet??

The bot is a bot. It doesn't have any news, can't provide any news, and won't actually answer any question you'll have.

As for sparkie, the guy passed out earlier while busting his butt off trying to get things done. Personally, I'm hoping he got to take a nice long sleep today even though it'd mean a bit more of a delay for me to get some of this new stuff. b:surrender

Yes I would like to know this as well. At level 40 I received the pop-up that said to visit your elder...but there was no quest there to start the chain. Thanks!
    Have you tried actually visiting the NPC in Dreamweaver like we used to have to do?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Parson - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Have you tried actually visiting the NPC in Dreamweaver like we used to have to do?

Yup, visited every elder and went to the NPC in DW as well as relogged twice just in case! He has no quest to give...b:cry
  • svein35
    svein35 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014

No patch as of tonight, 12/17. I'll update in the morning when I get news of how the patch is coming along.

I'll update in the morning

morning

He will surely delivar
    edited December 2014
    well... its almost 12PM PST over where he lives so the morning is pretty much over by now.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    make something to increase drop rate for materials needed to learn crafting skills.
    Come on , it is 2xon, i was farming mobs 7-8 lvl higher than me and i barelly got 7 purified oils and 6 silk thread in 1 hourb:surrender
    Plus the materials yu need to dig are so rare and long respawn.
    giphy.gif

• ethika1
    ethika1 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even just an update would be nice Sparkie :)
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    No update as of yet. Most of everyone is out of the office, so I'll have to wait a tad longer until they get in. Looks like we might have a patch, but I'm not sure if it's been tested yet.
  • chuksum
    chuksum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No update as of yet. Most of everyone is out of the office, so I'll have to wait a tad longer until they get in. Looks like we might have a patch, but I'm not sure if it's been tested yet.

Thank you for the update.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Just imagine sparkie sitting in a huge office complex by himself looking around at thin air and saying to himself "so..that update then...." xD
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014

Thanks!
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are all of you complaining about the update 10? Actually my niece and nephew don't act like this and they are 7.

Go do something else with yourselves until there is another update. No wonder all of our community managers leave so often, because they are dealing with a bunch of toddlers. I say you all should quit and never come back. PW will survive with you.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2014

any estimate as to when they do get in the office?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Jiinxii - Sanctuary
    Jiinxii - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You should try to get some more rest, sparkie. :/ We appreciate you keeping us updated like you have, but you're still only human.
    History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    They're testing the patch now. So if all passes, we can expect some time tonight. If it doesn't, then we'll have to see what other options are left on the table.
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup, visited every elder and went to the NPC in DW as well as relogged twice just in case! He has no quest to give...b:cry

It starts at lvl fifty now, not 40
  • peterdam
    peterdam Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They're testing the patch now. So if all passes, we can expect some time tonight. If it doesn't, then we'll have to see what other options are left on the table.

If possible can you update the Facebook page with whats going on after the testing? I would really like to know and i'm sure i'm not the only one
  • ethika1
    ethika1 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sweet thanks bunches b:thanks
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

So many pages to look through b:shocked

Has anyone noticed/mentioned that the up/down arrows in the inventory screen don't work? I can crab the scroller with the mouse and physically drag it,or use the mouse wheel. Just physically clicking the button does a click animation (color change) and nothing else.

Also clicking the inventory icon - I have to have the mouse over the bottom of the icon (below the flap on the image) before it registers the mouse over. On the plus side, having the mouse over the rest of the icon and clicking does not make me travel there, but on the down side nothing else happens either.

...Also with so many idiots trying to pick up drops of a mob I just killed - not realizing there is a drop cooldown- I think with the help windows popping up again, an opportunity to actually get the correct information in those blurbs was missed. (And by idiots i mean players at least L40+)
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Coolio.

Just an fyi, when I complain and moan, I am complaining and moaning about the incompetence of your Chinese coworkers. Those people just....don't seem to understand the same Quality Control standards that the rest of the civilized world does. They have a lot of learning to do. It boggles my mind that they want income but aren't willing to produce the goods to earn it. Really, its a crying shame.

You guys at PWE....you get it. Well....most of you, from what I can tell. Keep up the good work and hopefully this will get fixed before Christmas vacation next week for you guys!

tl;dr Thanks!
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Parson - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    It starts at lvl fifty now, not 40

Ahhhh...thank you for the info, glad to know it was a change and not me going crazy b:chuckle
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So whats going on ? It would be nice to know before i do too much to my new char. Also whats going on with these level 95 stones ?
  • texerret
    texerret Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so where's the patch you talked about yesterday... i'm waiting, i would be nice to have an update on the situation so players don't panic.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    texerret wrote: »
    so where's the patch you talked about yesterday... i'm waiting, i would be nice to have an update on the situation so players don't panic.

Read this page and the last page. Sparkie posted twice.