Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• Windraiser - Heavens Tear
    Windraiser - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    By rollback, I mean server wide. If someone manages to get an item that is not in-game and no one else can get, we can remove that without a server wide rollback.

Personally, I really like the PWCN R9S3. Making them more obtainable/affordable/farmable (3bil?), would be ideal? They're epic weps and definitely an upgrade from our current R9S3. WS upgrades looking good too.

Honestly, on the whole a good patch. Not perfect, but the additions are likeable. What should definitely be changed: SoWs to be put back, WS mats from NW tokens.

Thanks sparkieeee!
    p.s. did I also mention to add an Account Expansion Stone on boutique? So that I can play ALL the classes pwi has to offer :)
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am finding that the window for checking out forges items is too big, I have to remove my current wep/armor, so it doesn't show, then I can see the window of the wep/armor I'm wanting to make. It goes off the screen if I have the wep/gear on. Hope that makes sense.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkiesoft,

Just a suggestion here, if this DOES happen "more than I care to count", then why not delay updates?

I cannot speak to the user community but personally I'd be willing to wait an additional week to validate that the items discovered by the PWE's QC team have been implemented than to blindly place trust that PWI's build team sent the correct build. Is it not worth it to avoid all of this???
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So, has anyone ever heard of anyone getting significantly rich botting and selling drops? And why we're being punished for the possibility of bots when Perfect World integrated a system to encourage it? Most people get very little from drops on the whole, but that's exactly why it makes no sense to take it out. My understanding is it was a problem in China so they keep changing it on ours too because changing the few lines of code is more trouble than it's worth.
  • Deceptional - Lost City
    Deceptional - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Any news on when the pills will be sent out?
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jessami wrote: »
    So, has anyone ever heard of anyone getting significantly rich botting and selling drops? And why we're being punished for the possibility of bots when Perfect World integrated a system to encourage it? Most people get very little from drops on the whole, but that's exactly why it makes no sense to take it out. My understanding is it was a problem in China so they keep changing it on ours too because changing the few lines of code is more trouble than it's worth.

The DQ item nerf came from China. We got it by association, not because our game was doing anything wrong. China is streamlining all of its subsidised games so we get the 1 coin item.
    Any news on when the pills will be sent out?

Yes. Plenty. Read back through the thread.
  • Mr_Psy_cho - Sanctuary
    Mr_Psy_cho - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well for the people complaining about the nerf in DQ prices due to botting. You may only bot 1 to 2 accounts making roughly 10mil per toon in a given time period. Well several others may be botting with up to 10+ accounts making the same amount as u x10. So yea people make a bucket load of coin by making a ton of "bot slaves"
  • shawmaster
    shawmaster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

Sparkie the patcher won't let me update, I don't know if its a glitch or whatever, help me plzb:cry
  • Serpistica - Sanctuary
    Serpistica - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Tha patcher is wrong... Take over 10 hours to get to 85% and then crashes and starts again... PLEASE MAKE A MANUAL PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!1111111111!11!!!!! b:angryb:angryb:angry b:surrenderb:surrender
  • skiitty
    skiitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So will there will be a patch tonite? or are going to do a rollback? and if so what would the rollback cover? if I did flowsilver palace today would whatever reward I got from it be gone tomorrow?
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    Liontitan - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    December the 16th 2015 still 50% downloaded see's on forum lvl 105 stormbringers RA 2 contemplates slicing wrists b:cry
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    skiitty wrote: »
    So will there will be a patch tonite? or are going to do a rollback? and if so what would the rollback cover? if I did flowsilver palace today would whatever reward I got from it be gone tomorrow?

They're probably not going to do a rollback. THere's really no need.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    llldainlll wrote: »
    i Think, Perhaps, We Should Just Let The Developers Do What They Do Instead Of Crying About Everything. I Mean This Game Is Huge And I Don't Know Much About This Sort Of Stuff, But I Do Believe It Is Really Involved... Ijs

Hurrhurrhurrhurr

I See You. I know you.
  • Serpistica - Sanctuary
    Serpistica - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Do you really think they will do a rollback? When a rollback was REALLY NEEDED, they didn't do it. Why would they do it now?b:bye
  • nauro
    nauro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think, perhaps, we should just let the developers do what they do instead of crying about everything. I mean this game is HUGE and I don't know much about this sort of stuff, But I do believe it is really involved... IJSb:thanks
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    December the 16th 2015 still 50% downloaded see's on forum lvl 105 stormbringers RA 2 contemplates slicing wrists b:cry

Who the hell is trolling you they already got lvl 105 RA 2 stormbringer?b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• firehawk76
    firehawk76 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    All I really care about is the Illusionary crystal they are supose to be sending out I guess because there was an error with it they're gonna wait til the small patch tonight.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Added the two most common questions on the front page. Please check there before asking, as it's probably already been answered.
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Who the hell is trolling you they already got lvl 105 RA 2 stormbringer?b:chuckle

NUUUUUUU b:cry
  • Xii_wang - Sanctuary
    Xii_wang - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    HOLY UPDATE BATMAN!!!

I have fast internet, and its been updating for two hours now.....
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its early in the morning for china and they have yet to have their tea/coffee time. so give it a few hours (at least 10PM EST) before they start giving the info to the devs here.
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its early in the morning for china and they have yet to have their tea/coffee time. so give it a few hours (at least 10PM EST) before they start giving the info to the devs here.

It's like....8:40am China time. They're in the office xD. but still zombielike i would bet.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's like....8:40am China time. They're in the office xD

see! its still morning! so give them a few hours.
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sat and watched a kids show with my little 3 year old nephew i give up hope of the future being better those shows are **** b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes. Plenty. Read back through the thread.

Pretty petulant these too lazy to even read the thread people are. You may have demanded way too much of them with that after all.
    Added the two most common questions on the front page. Please check there before asking, as it's probably already been answered.

Good luck with them actually reading the thread. All those asking about a manual patch last night in the maint thread after it was answered 50+ times destroyed any optimism I had that people actually read the thread they post in.

It's been a long day.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited December 2014
    Options
    has any one else have problems with the Meridian system? I cant click the dots to progress it...
  • Liontitan - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    has any one else have problems with the Meridian system? I cant click the dots to progress it...

Shut up atleast you get to play the game b:angry
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Shut up atleast you get to play the game b:angry

im just reporting any problem with the expansion.. just like the title says b:surrender
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is there a chance we get a Manual Patch for this expansion ?

My internet isn't slow and I've been updating for 7 hours now and the progress bar is still empty...

b:surrender b:surrender b:surrender
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    asking again, are half the female hairstyles supposed to be old ones, or is that a coding issue?