Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    melimori wrote: »
    How do you plan to update us? Here in the forums or in the game. Since I can't exactly read the forums and play the game at the same time and I might be on a new class character or a RB character at the time it is important to know these things!

It will be a patch...So you'll probably get kicked off the server for a little maintenance. I think that might be a pretty good heads up that it's coming lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    melimori wrote: »
    How do you plan to update us? Here in the forums or in the game. Since I can't exactly read the forums and play the game at the same time and I might be on a new class character or a RB character at the time it is important to know these things!

There will be a patch, which means you won't be able to get in game anyways. So, just keep an eye out for a maintenance thread here, and on our FB page if you follow it.
  • darkosirisxin
    darkosirisxin Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    made doh! on my toon >< which is entirely my fault and not PWI's I was accidentally adding dex to my stormbringer instead of str was using 8 mag 2 str but was hitting the wrong button so it was 8 mag 2 dex ><.
  • WickedTruths - Archosaur
    WickedTruths - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Really wishing for a manual patch right about now, been 6 hours and I'm still not half way done with the update. By the sounds of it though, as soon as this update completes sometime next week, I'll have another one to install b:chuckleb:laugh
  • vladza36
    vladza36 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so one question sparkie if we miss the ilusionary pill how to get another or to make it clearer will there be sent another pill after this1 or not?
    b:shockedb:shockedb:cuteb:cute
  • FiristKiller - Archosaur
    FiristKiller - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i think there will be rollback for sure so try not to do anything on game atm b:cry
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There will be a patch, which means you won't be able to get in game anyways. So, just keep an eye out for a maintenance thread here, and on our FB page if you follow it.

sparkie fix today or tommorov or next maintance ?
  • darkosirisxin
    darkosirisxin Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    you won't miss the pill unless you never login during the promo time which iirc is several days if not a couple weeks. other wise afterwards you can buy the stone/pill for 60 bucks from the CS.
  • kilontar
    kilontar Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When we getting the 1-95 item....
  • Charris - Raging Tide
    Charris - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

By this, do you mean that they work again for now? Or that they still don't work but intending to bring them back?
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    By this, do you mean that they work again for now? Or that they still don't work but intending to bring them back?

Some people have claimed they work. We're investigating this issue, but they should not be working.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    hyper still nothing in FC
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some people have claimed they work. We're investigating this issue, but they should not be working.

If this is the case, then I doubt there will be a full server roll-back just because a few hundred out of thousands of players can use hypers in fc. Yeah it sucks some will have an edge with higher levels on the new classes, but meh such is life.

As a random side note anyone who has been able to log in and play around with the new classes, are they heavy and arcane armor based or is one of them light armor?
  • missbytch2u
    missbytch2u Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    u wot m8

Are you saying that the stuff you test is not the same stuff that we get on our servers?

This kinda defeats the point of testing.

Imagine PWI made airplanes (well, imported from China and resold here, anyway).

They release this new cool airplane, someone buys it and it blows up 5 minutes after taking off.

"Well, it didn't do that when we tested it"

"OH REALLY?!"

"Yeah, so it's not our fault"

"How come it blew up then?!"

"Well, we kinda had different parts in the one we tested"

"Are you kidding me?!"

And then PWI would be sued and never allowed to sell planes again. So be happy it's just a video game.

LMAOOOOOOO! b:laughb:cryb:laugh
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It would be so funny if the goons had their normal xp and people gooned to 105 before if got fixed b:chuckle
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When i logged in, the only people with ranks in my faction are the leader and director, everyone else has lost their marshal and executor positions, is that a permanent change?
  • ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear
    ChiefZoltar - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but some of the Khatru Pups are missing.
  • RhaivynStorm - Heavens Tear
    RhaivynStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why not just keep FC hyperable, but code it like PV, with the coding having FC levels 75+ as originally intended? Make the walk through gate sealed so nubs can't get in or powerlevel? Makes sense, no?

As for the other broken things, like the NW forges, that is slightly amusing. Recoding something that wasn't broken to begin with. Should have just left SoWs and other various things be.

It's amusing that they promise BROKEN things. It's Christmas, for Christ's sake. Don't promise things that haven't been properly tested. Like the raffle. That was broken too. I mean, you wouldn't give a child a brand new toy that's been broken, would you?
  • butterfly551
    butterfly551 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

Hey Sparkie, idk if this is an issue but please check it out..

The weapons for night shadows ( duskblade and stormbringer ) rrr9 and g16 weren't added to the game,please check that :) idk if It should be like that just wanted you to know

b:bye b:shutup
  • shinigamedk3
    shinigamedk3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkie when are getting the patch ?
  • RhaivynStorm - Heavens Tear
    RhaivynStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    As a random side note anyone who has been able to log in and play around with the new classes, are they heavy and arcane armor based or is one of them light armor?

The new classes are LA and AA.
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The new classes are LA and AA.

Woot thank you kindly b:thanks
  • ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So if we log other alts after the one we want other would get until that fix?.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but some of the Khatru Pups are missing.

The north one was moved to SE part of archo. Annoying but meh.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkie Just 1 Thing :-)

The New Forge For The R9 Chinese Recast Is Accepting All The Items, From The Current R9r2 To The Sow To The Useless Gold Obtainable By Tobl

If Someone Goes Full Chinese R9 By Night Watcha Gon Do? :-)

This Is A Major Thing Man, Shut Down The Servers Now Lol

sparkie Read This
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • kilontar
    kilontar Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If ya all read it right... Fc is not suppose to be back.. Meaning it is going back away.. Meanimg no more fc nabs.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    so where is the blacklist? its been replace with the hotkey tap/page
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If I had a dime for every time you guys released a buggy patch with broken content, I'd be quite rich. How does this stuff get passed by during the QC? This is pretty basic stuff. The inta-95 pill was being hyped like crazy, but doesn't work? The raffle for the same reason. Probably the biggest driving force in the economy - NW and farming it, has been altered dramatically, and this passed your QC? The biggest issue since packs being implemented in 2009 - hypers in FF... This passed your QC?

QC = what? Not quality control, clearly. Next thing we know, the game will stop functioning completely, and that passed the QC. Good stuff.

Let's wait on the Chinese overlords to tell us this was all intentional and that we should live with it. OR it wasn't intentional and will be reverted in the next large patch 6-7 months from now.

In case no one has explained to you, or your self-awareness is gone - beating the obvious horse into hamburger does absolutely nothing for *anyone*.

It *does* point out who the trolls are, so I guess there's that.

\yes, it's news you think this is bad
    \\and planning ahead is a good thing, and unforseen problems are unforseen and Bad
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In case no one has explained to you, or your self-awareness is gone - beating the obvious horse into hamburger does absolutely nothing for *anyone*.

It *does* point out who the trolls are, so I guess there's that.

\yes, it's news you think this is bad
    \\and planning ahead is a good thing, and unforseen problems are unforseen and Bad

It sure does, doesn't it Red?

Still using the backslashes? Good stuff, haha.

////////////////////////////////////
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Alissarose - Sanctuary
    Alissarose - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Sparkie,
    Just letting you know Multi-client keeps crashing.

Edit: I take that back, There's a new way of starting our multi-clients. Need to just press the play button again... and again... for however many clients we want.

Cheers