Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So what about the real r9rr for the new classes and the sage/demon skills? Will they take a bit longer to be implemented or have they been there on the test server built? Important would be to know if the actual r9 molds for the new classes drop in WS. Else I could safe quite some time.

Can't say for certain. The gear should have been there, but I'm not exactly sure what happened.
    Sorry didnt read all coments yet.
    But how come you can forge R9 4th cast new class weapons but in ws forges there is no r9 3rd cast new class weapon available to be forged yet?
    And no TT new class weapon yet, or Lunar.

We got the wrong forge by accident.
    How u planning update everyone about that? Short Maint? that log off all ppl that can log back on correct toons for pill?

Pretty much, yes. When we get the patch, I'll make a maintenance thread to inform everyone of the changes/fixes.
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Looking into that now, so can't say for sure. I'll keep everyone update once I get an official word.
    If you ultimately do a rollback, please make it as soon as possible and please Do Not Give Compensation except for Absent Notes. Too many players gained too much last year with ocean abuse and I can see it happening again. It would be better to receive complaints than to lose more online players.

As for most players, making up for a 1 or 2 day loss is nothing, the only issue comes with my 11 month perfect attendence that could be ruined.

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where is this confirmation?

I have a few friends that have tried and showed me they can via a SS.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The fact that you're answering other questions and not addressing the rollback makes me very nervous.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you ultimately do a rollback, please make it as soon as possible and please Do Not Give Compensation except for Absent Notes. Too many players gained too much last year with ocean abuse and I can see it happening again. It would be better to receive complaints than to lose more online players.

Rollback is just a rumor at this point. We don't have any plans as of yet, but if that changes I'll let everyone know.
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    erisu wrote: »
    4. Things just go wrong when you factor in thousands more people than before, for some reason.

Sparkie has said in this thread that these issues didn't show up on the testing server. So you're free to disagree, but the evidence supports that sometimes stuff just goes wrong.

And honestly, for a case of Murphy's Law, this isn't that bad.

I work with IT and I have to disagree with you.

Stress test is what simulate as if there was thousand players and it's intended to find performance issues and stuff like that.

The kind of mistakes that have been reported don't have relation with scale. It has to do with a different test environment, a test not done (or poorly done), like it was already said by the person you quoted.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    LOL called it on the FC. I made a previous post in one of the FC QQ threads about how I bet FC will be hyperable when expansion hits...

They want their R9 monies!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR ****** FC.b:angry

ITS MORE IMPORTNAT TO FIX NW FORGES.
    A RAPTURE CRYSTAL COSTS 60 SUPLIES AND 1 MIL COINS.
    giphy.gif

• cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @sparkie

i m updating my client if you guys do another fix will it affect my current update running ??b:surrender
  • davbe
    davbe Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sweetybot how big is update
  • channia
    channia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

faction/guild listings are messed up *** well classes aren't displayed and positions aren't shown ?
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    erisu wrote: »
    I disagree. The issues sparkie listed are content related. The quote I listed is scalability of a a update and your right you cannot QC when thousands more login.

However, when going form QC to live production, there should not be any changes made to the environment; otherwise, the testing that was done become invalid no matter how 'small' the change may have been. Clearly, whatever update PWE is performing QC on is not the the same update that is being released to its user base; otherwise, these content issue would have been identified beforehand.

I can only guess the reasons for these oversights are:

1) There is no QC being tested by PWE.
    2) The test environment for the QC is not a clean install of the new updated content.
    3) The live update coming from PWI is not the same update PWE performed its QC on.

I'm sure there are other options but even if its just these three the responsibility falls on PWE. PWE is the final line of defense to insure a good product is released to its user base and they continually fail at this responsibility.

4. Things just go wrong when you factor in thousands more people than before, for some reason.

Sparkie has said in this thread that these issues didn't show up on the testing server. So you're free to disagree, but the evidence supports that sometimes stuff just goes wrong.

And honestly, for a case of Murphy's Law, this isn't that bad.

Your option four is dismissed. Not only for a poor case of counter argument but also for sparkie's post.
    We get different builds of test servers. The one we had, did not have the wrong forge. This was a change made by China (by accident) that made it's way onto the live build last minute, in which no one caught because it wasn't an issue when testing.

You neglected to note in your response that there was a last minute change from PWI that was not part of the test environment, clearly matching the third option in my original post. So why is PWE not performing additional QC on a new build coming from PWI and avoiding all this? Lazy? Don't care? More likely, PWE knows that no matter what garbage they shovel down their user base throats people will all respond "Thank sir, may I have more?"

So people are thinking why am I still here? Only from the friends I've made while playing. Definitely not for the flawed content.

By the way, when people use "Murphy's Law" as a reason for something going wrong, it only demonstrates that they may not have the proper skill set to perform the task.
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    they're giving away lvl 95. Why are people so upset about a few people getting a few activations on one day of frost? Compared to the **** of all the characters created today that will be wiped out of existence? Weren't the names listed as taken still? Won't every person who made a character have to make a new character with an entirely new name?
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We get different builds of test servers. The one we had, did not have the wrong forge. This was a change made by China (by accident) that made it's way onto the live build last minute, in which no one caught because it wasn't an issue when testing.

u wot m8

Are you saying that the stuff you test is not the same stuff that we get on our servers?

This kinda defeats the point of testing.

Imagine PWI made airplanes (well, imported from China and resold here, anyway).

They release this new cool airplane, someone buys it and it blows up 5 minutes after taking off.

"Well, it didn't do that when we tested it"

"OH REALLY?!"

"Yeah, so it's not our fault"

"How come it blew up then?!"

"Well, we kinda had different parts in the one we tested"

"Are you kidding me?!"

And then PWI would be sued and never allowed to sell planes again. So be happy it's just a video game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • mytru2002
    mytru2002 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    what can i do? cant update, manual or automatic, cant enter in game...b:sad
  • yoyo4ever
    yoyo4ever Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lame, but cmon its pwi shoulda known this would happen

b:laughb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Those are now Apple products.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • chrisbyo26
    chrisbyo26 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its pwi guysd they have no clue how to maintain a game or fix bugs they just replace one bug with a worse bug and expect us to be ok with it no matter how badly they **** us over and tell us well its not our fault nothing we can do to help you i'm sorryb:angryb:angry
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    While some of you are losing your minds and raging about a few problems that will be fixed in time and you can still play in the meantime......remember sparkie is here and keeping us updated.
    I'm not saying not to say anything or not be upset, but just remember he's a person and the only messenger we have from PWE. Don't direct anger and rage directly at him. He's not a punching bag to take frustrations out on.

Thanks for the updates on all that's going on, Sparkie!
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

Sparkie, isn't old 'Etherblade Server' still being used by you guys anymore for the 'major patch & update tests'? Was a time in the past when PWE would test the big stuff on the old server first and then notify us of any delays, rather then toss it on all the servers?? b:question

(kinda bewildered here about this, is 'Ether server' still active? Or was it removed during the regional server expansions??) b:questionb:question
  • chrisbyo26
    edited December 2014
    Options
    u wot m8

Are you saying that the stuff you test is not the same stuff that we get on our servers?

This kinda defeats the point of testing.

Imagine PWI made airplanes (well, imported from China and resold here, anyway).

They release this new cool airplane, someone buys it and it blows up 5 minutes after taking off.

"Well, it didn't do that when we tested it"

"OH REALLY?!"

"Yeah, so it's not our fault"

"How come it blew up then?!"

"Well, we kinda had different parts in the one we tested"

"Are you kidding me?!"

And then PWI would be sued and never allowed to sell planes again. So be happy it's just a video game.

lmfao this is great good post totally agree with u
  • chrisbyo26
    edited December 2014
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    Sparkie, isn't old 'Etherblade Server' still being used by you guys anymore for the 'major patch & update tests'? Was a time in the past when PWE would test the big stuff on the old server first and then notify us of any delays, rather then toss it on all the servers?? b:question

(kinda bewildered here about this, is 'Ether server' still active? Or was it removed during the regional server expansions??) b:questionb:question

they dont know there still tryin to figure out how to test on the test server that dosent exist
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie Thank you for keeping us in the loop on what you know whats going on. I know right now with everyone asking the same things basicly it can be annoying but thank you for baring with us and keeping us updated with what you can as you can.
  • RichardCRahl - Sanctuary
    RichardCRahl - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    While some of you are losing your minds and raging about a few problems that will be fixed in time and you can still play in the meantime......remember sparkie is here and keeping us updated.
    I'm not saying not to say anything or not be upset, but just remember he's a person and the only messenger we have from PWE. Don't direct anger and rage directly at him. He's not a punching bag to take frustrations out on.

Thanks for the updates on all that's going on, Sparkie!

some of us cant get past 0% on the update even after 8.5 hours, so no we cant play in the meantime.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR ****** FC.b:angry

ITS MORE IMPORTNAT TO FIX NW FORGES.

Every player have different priorities, yours are raptures, others are FC. To hold the massive fast leveling of the new classes looks like something much more important for me.
    furryballz wrote: »
    You guys look like a bunch of lifeless scumbags. Can't stay away from the game for 1 freakin day? Go get yourself a ps4 or something for xmas

"Stop playing this game, go to buy other games"

Impressive flawless logic, good work sir.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but then what's the point of a test-server? To beta test a build locally that isn't the same build of what is going to be pushed to the live server, is really not productive. Why would China do that?
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot were is the manual patch for this
    Sweetiebot would you like a coffee
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I seriously hope there is no rollback. I lost Dominance tome I had farmed my *** off for and bought, then never got it back because I don't take SS of the game. Would be seriously eff'd off if a rollback happens again and I lose more exp and coin I make (as I currently farm around 30m exp and coin a day.)

Instead of a rollback, I suggest something given during a code like B-S War Avatar Packs or some other useful compensation that everyone can equally benefit from. Less chance of having newer players quit if they level their toons and then lose all their hard work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • VenomKisses - Sanctuary
    VenomKisses - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Perhaps this was mentioned and I just didn't see it... this thread is huge. :)

the Position column in my faction is blank except for Leader and Director, and the Class column seems to be missing some class labels.

Just reporting it, thanks for the updates.
  • maybelia
    maybelia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

According to the blog post, it says that Sovereign's Seal is a prize from the Dawn of Eclipse Package. If China's NW forges aren't staying, this is a totally useless and defunct item. Would this be changed too?