Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Options

Comments

• erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I disagree. The issues sparkie listed are content related. The quote I listed is scalability of a a update and your right you cannot QC when thousands more login.

However when going form QC to live production there should not be any changes made to the environment; otherwise, the testing that was done become invalid not matter how 'small' the change may have been. Clearly whatever update PWE is performing QC on is not the the same update that is being released to its user base otherwise these content issue would have been identified beforehand.

I can only guess the reasons for these oversights are:

1) There is no QC being tested by PWE.
    2) The test environment for the QC is not a clean install of the new updated content.
    3) The live update coming from PWI is not the same update PWE performed its QC on.

I'm sure there are other options but even if its just these three the responsibility all falls on PWE. They are the final line of defense to insure a good product is released to its user base and they continually fail at the basic roll.
    4. Things just go wrong when you factor in thousands more people than before, for some reason.

Sparkie has said in this thread that these issues didn't show up on the testing server. So you're free to disagree, but the evidence supports that sometimes stuff just goes wrong.

And honestly, for a case of Murphy's Law, this isn't that bad.
  • bpasii
    bpasii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It is to solve the botting issue and inflation problem, I like how it is now.

and in fact.. how do you think we gonna earn some coins now? i got to work and have a real life.. its simply not possible to sit 8 h infront of the computer and do TT's or BH's...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Please do not panic.
    This is just some bugs related to usual christmas expansion rush. But they now have some experience to deal with it.

On a sidenote, if I download the huge patch and there finally is a rollback, will I have to redwonload another huge patch ? Still don't know if I upgrade tonight or not.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How can the forges work properly on the test server but not operate under the same properties on the live server? That makes absolutely no sense. It's an inanimate object; strict line of code. It should have no difference whether there are 5 people on or 500. By that logic, the test server may show that I'm a Barbarian but on the live server I'm a cleric?

We get different builds of test servers. The one we had, did not have the wrong forge. This was a change made by China (by accident) that made it's way onto the live build last minute, in which no one caught because it wasn't an issue when testing.
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You could bot for an entire year and not make enough to buy one of the +10 orbs they let people keep. Seriously, have you ever seen someone botting? For that matter, they integrated a bot into the game, and then punish people on the possibility they might use it?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So only SOME people are able to hyper fc. I demand a roll back. So you have some people that are able to run and hyper level in FC while the rest of us are just screwed. This is a huge unfair advantage for the people that are unable to do so. Therefore that should warrant a rollback to prevent others from gaining on this unfair advantage of hyperleveling. Please fix this.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    bpasii wrote: »
    and in fact.. how do you think we gonna earn some coins now? i got to work and have a real life.. its simply not possible to sit 8 h infront of the computer and do TT's or BH's...

Maybe the same way you earned coins before botting? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Newo_Ikkin - Archosaur
    Newo_Ikkin - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is rollback a rumor or confirmed? That's the only thing i'm concerned about. If it is confirmed, how far back is it going to be?
  • Tjmatts - Harshlands
    Tjmatts - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Harshlands- hypers does not work
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    bpasii wrote: »

If you have work you can cashsome dollarsb:chuckle

Flying AFK I used to earn 2 mill daily, not even paying a lot of attention because I was busy, studying.

If you don't want to play to earn your things, you better don't play. That is how it works.
  • donniedonin
    donniedonin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Will there be a manual patch?
    if not i'm screwed
  • mortalcry01
    mortalcry01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can we log into any of our chars. or will that mess up the already messed up lvl 95 pill?
  • Deadly_Eye - Sanctuary
    Deadly_Eye - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is rollback a rumor or confirmed? That's the only thing i'm concerned about. If it is confirmed, how far back is it going to be?

+1 to that
  • light124
    light124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    didnt pwi do a maintenance for 8hrs for it to be no problems smh... pwi... smh.. b:surrender
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My patcher have been updating for the past 50 mins and the bar has yet to move b:surrender
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can we log into any of our chars. or will that mess up the already messed up lvl 95 pill?

You can log into whichever character you please. The Pill won't be fixed until we get a small patch, so you won't have to worry until then. (I'll update everyone when that happens)
  • donniedonin
    donniedonin Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    patching for 5 hours the bar moved a few inches only
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you don't want to play to earn your things, you better don't play. That is how it works.

It is true.

Far in game - more time to play for common poor players.

Real time or real money - players choose to spend.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Will the Illusionary Stone be mailed to the first character we logged onto today, or the first one after the patch that fixes the stone, or something else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • mortalcry01
    mortalcry01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thank you Sparkie for the quick responses. I appreciate it :)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We get different builds of test servers. The one we had, did not have the wrong forge. This was a change made by China (by accident) that made it's way onto the live build last minute, in which no one caught because it wasn't an issue when testing.

So what about the real r9rr for the new classes and the sage/demon skills? Will they take a bit longer to be implemented or have they been there on the test server built? Important would be to know if the actual r9 molds for the new classes drop in WS. Else I could safe quite some time.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sorry didnt read all coments yet.
    But how come you can forge R9 4th cast new class weapons but in ws forges there is no r9 3rd cast new class weapon available to be forged yet?
    And no TT new class weapon yet, or Lunar.
    giphy.gif

• furryballz
    furryballz Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You guys look like a bunch of lifeless scumbags. Can't stay away from the game for 1 freakin day? Go get yourself a ps4 or something for xmas
  • vendesbaenre
    vendesbaenre Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can log into whichever character you please. The Pill won't be fixed until we get a small patch, so you won't have to worry until then. (I'll update everyone when that happens)

How u planning update everyone about that? Short Maint? that log off all ppl that can log back on correct toons for pill?
  • Zaccy - Raging Tide
    Zaccy - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just saying... FC is STILL NOT hyperable.
  • Respin - Heavens Tear
    Respin - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, thank you for keeping us updated.
  • darkosirisxin
    darkosirisxin Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    sparkie you want some coffe? I just made a fresh pot :p
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    furryballz wrote: »
    You guys look like a bunch of lifeless scumbags. Can't stay away from the game for 1 freakin day? Go get yourself a ps4 or something for xmas

"Omg why can't you stop playing video games pathetic go buy other video games like the cool kids" -SMRT

If you would just officially say something about rollbacks we can direct people to, I'd be happy.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We need an answer to the rollback problem asap....people are wasting their time doing stuff while you guys decide this. I want a roll back. It is confirmed there are some people that are able to hyper fc while others cant. This is a huge and unfair advantage and needs to be corrected. Please dont take all day to decide and let us know soon.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We need an answer to the rollback problem asap....people are wasting their time doing stuff while you guys decide this. I want a roll back. It is confirmed there are some people that are able to hyper fc while others cant. This is a huge and unfair advantage and needs to be corrected. Please dont take all day to decide and let us know soon.

Where is this confirmation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]