What do you think is too OP?

Options
teikiatsu11
teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I've actually been curious about this for awhile but what do you all think is too overpowered?

I personally think JOSD's and Deity stones make pvp very imbalanced due to how few players can get them and how ungodly it makes others defense/damage, I will admit it does partially come from my bias as a poor player who can't afford the incredible end-game gear others have. b:surrender

So tell me what do you feel makes players too overpowered?

Please keep things civil on this topic, you're welcome to show your point of how it may or may not be overpowered but I'd like to avoid the topic becoming too heated. If this thread turns into a heated QQ thread I will ask a mod to close it, I won't tolerate people being immature and unaccepting of others having different opinions.
Post edited by teikiatsu11 on

Comments

• Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ow, that i, with a +12 reforged warsoul weapon, only hit a r9rr cleric for 1k

And in return they deal 30k+ back to me

Ballence
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am too OP, even without deity/josd :D

xDD nah just kidding. But too OP...seriously...the only thing that can be considered OP for the majority of PPL are josd sins. Extreme srurvivability tied with enough dmg to kill nearly anyone in 1on1 as well as in group PvP.

Besides that only the player skill from some fellow PWI-Players. The skill gap in this game is even larger than in most other MMOs I've played and I played 95% of all MMOs avaible.

If you can't beat someone then don't compare r9rr to G16, if you can't beat an equally geared player then just learn how to play. That's the trick. No one would laugh at someone that is losing to someone that overgears them by far. Never. That would be rediculous.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've actually been curious about this for awhile but what do you all think is too overpowered?

I personally think JOSD's and Deity stones make pvp very imbalanced due to how few players can get them and how ungodly it makes others defense/damage, I will admit it does partially come from my bias as a poor player who can't afford the incredible end-game gear others have. b:surrender

Please keep things civil on this topic, you're welcome to show your point of how it may or may not be overpowered but I'd like to avoid the topic becoming too heated. If this thread turns into a heated QQ thread I will ask a mod to close it, I won't tolerate people being immature and unaccepting of others having different opinions.

Well, I think that when someone who supposedly has your same armor and weapon 1 shot you and you do 500 to 1000 damage thats a bit OP b:laugh

Or maybe from an average player when 1 rrr9 end game maxed toon tank 20 or more people and no one is able to stop him/her.
    No one would laugh at someone that is losing to someone that overgears them by far. Never. That would be rediculous.

I really don't want to contradict you on this statement but I can sadly say that, at least in the server that I play (Archosaur) there are a few players that enjoy to humiliate the weaker ones.

Im not talking about spawm kill, is more about what they pm after they kill you knowing that your gear is very inferior to theirs. It happened more than once, to me and some friends on NW that after we got killed by them, those players start pm us making fun or even swearing.

The most polite pm I got from some rrr9 +10 /12 full JOSD and full NW Ornaments was something like: ''you are not supposed to die so easy :p''

but some of the most offensive I got from other guys include phrases such as:
    - ''owned nab/nub/loser/b***/w****''
    -'' eat .........''
    - the classic ''F.... you''
    - and a lot more but I guess i should not continue b:surrender

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Well, I think that when someone who supposedly has your same armor and weapon 1 shot you and you do 500 to 1000 damage thats a bit OP b:laugh

Or maybe from an average player when 1 rrr9 end game maxed toon tank 20 or more people and no one is able to stop him/her.

I really don't want to contradict you on this statement but I can sadly say that, at least in the server that I play (Archosaur) there are a few players that enjoy to humiliate the weaker ones.

Im not talking about spawm kill, is more about what they pm after they kill you knowing that your gear is very inferior to theirs. It happened more than once, to me and some friends on NW that after we got killed by them, those players start pm us making fun or even swearing.

The most polite pm I got from some rrr9 +10 /12 full JOSD and full NW Ornaments was something like: ''you are not supposed to die so easy :p''

but some of the most offensive I got from other guys include phrases such as:
    - ''owned nab/nub/loser/b***/w****''
    -'' eat .........''
    - the classic ''F.... you''
    - and a lot more but I guess i should not continue b:surrender

People that pm yu saying bad things? how about you fight back and answer them the way theu deserve. I consider them cyber bulies. The way to stop bulies if to fight back. Its the last thing they expect. Cause actualy the bulies are weak. I always fighted back when someone tried to bulied me no matter if it was real life or a video game.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options

You can still have fun in the game even if you dont got the incredible r9rr end game gear. Even in pvp you can have fun.
    And if you know how to play and have a little patience yu can have r9rr gear farmed. Maybe it wont be +12 and wont have JOSD and Deity but it will be enough so you wont be 1 shot everytime and have fun in pvp and pve.
    giphy.gif

• Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    No one would laugh at someone that is losing to someone that overgears them by far. Never. That would be rediculous.

The persons over on Morai most be really nice.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • teikiatsu11
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can still have fun in the game even if you dont got the incredible r9rr end game gear. Even in pvp you can have fun.
    And if you know how to play and have a little patience yu can have r9rr gear farmed. Maybe it wont be +12 and wont have JOSD and Deity but it will be enough so you wont be 1 shot everytime and have fun in pvp and pve.

actually I have been saving to get r9 for awhile and though it's proving to be a huge pain it at least gives me something to do and a goal to shoot for b:chuckle that's the point of any game right?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anything Nirvana g13 or higher.
    There is no content in this game that requires anything better than what was in game prior to the TB expansion. Anything higher in PvP is only meant to counter others in the same gear and to allow the buying of instant-win PvP. Its a power-creep, nothing more.

All PvE content can be ,and a lot used to be done, with gear pre-dating Nirvana with traditional trinity squads. Anything more is doing the job it is meant to - to make you feel like you do, OP. To make you spend either hours or tons of cash to 'keep up with the Jones'.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the most OP thing in game that creates the biggest cap is being Nuema Portal S Cards Set lvl 80.. Or Hell Nuema Portal reawaken lvl 80.

If you think about it, josd and deity aren't too bad when there is a spirit gap of over 800 and you get as much magic attack from a +12 wep as you do 1 nuema portal battle card.

A r9r3 full +10 gear and +12 wep crappy shards with nuema portal lvl 80> A full +12 r9r3 person with josd and an A set. Same with cost.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

This is not even being nice... Personaly, if I one shot someone that I overgear a lot, why would I be proud ? If by just pressing a key I can OS someone just because of gears, it doesn't require skills or whatever and this is not even fun. I would find myself kinda ridiculous then if I was laughing about that person.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options

Oh xD they are not. It's just that I hate people like that for being the most pathetic humans in existence...and I never stop from protecting those who get flamed and to exploit the flamers to their true level via wc. No flaming...just always stating that someone who doesn't win fair and square shouldn't even open his mouth about it then. A victory that hasn't been achieved on a fair way is no victory at all and shows how much of a coward that particular flamer is...especially when they try to talk someone down on pathetic moves like that. Thats double trash.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People that pm yu saying bad things? how about you fight back and answer them the way theu deserve. I consider them cyber bulies. The way to stop bulies if to fight back. Its the last thing they expect. Cause actualy the bulies are weak. I always fighted back when someone tried to bulied me no matter if it was real life or a video game.

Or just don't play their game. Block 'em. Ignore 'em.

Nothing seems to irritate another player who thinks they are better than sliced bread than ignoring them.

\being an *** back is what they want.
    \\don't give them what they want
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Or just don't play their game. Block 'em. Ignore 'em.

Nothing seems to irritate another player who thinks they are better than sliced bread than ignoring them.

\being an *** back is what they want.
    \\don't give them what they want

yes true but sometimes if you dont fight back they consider you weak and become more agresive with you. Sometimes you cant just ignore them , you have to defend yourself and fight back.

All they want is to cause pain and hurt people. Being an ******* back and cause them pain too is the last thing they want. They dont want a real chalenge, they just want to pick on people weaker than them.

Thats all I have to say about this. I feel that already derailed this thread. Sorry for that.
    giphy.gif

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ow, that i, with a +12 reforged warsoul weapon, only hit a r9rr cleric for 1k

And in return they deal 30k+ back to me

Ballence

Kinda in the same boat. I have a +8 2nd cast Warsoul axe, but for players who have seriously cashed, I can barely do any damage to them.

It's not balanced, but really this game has never been about balance. PWE made the game unfair when they provided gear for cash. That simple model made the game extremely unbalanced, and there is no going back now. If you farm and merchant until your eyes pop out, there's still a solid chance that most people who drop significant amounts of cash in the game will always one or two shot you.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Xaner nailed it. Cards and Spirit are OP.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kinda in the same boat. I have a +8 2nd cast Warsoul axe, but for players who have seriously cashed, I can barely do any damage to them.

It's not balanced, but really this game has never been about balance. PWE made the game unfair when they provided gear for cash. That simple model made the game extremely unbalanced, and there is no going back now. If you farm and merchant until your eyes pop out, there's still a solid chance that most people who drop significant amounts of cash in the game will always one or two shot you.

Not legit. Some (including me) have farmed all they've got and are now part of the top players on their respective servers gear-wise. But in most cases on fully farmed players they used their brains to come this far so you can assume that their skill is part of the reason why they are on top. You can't be dumb as a brick and get endgame gears for free (well if we consider time to be free that is...which is and why I kinda regret it).

Don't generalize gears and getting OSed to Cashers only. That doesn't fit in. You'd be surprised as to how many players give you a hard time that are free 2 play. You surely only assume that they are cashed.

Like I said. The only thing that is OP is not OP and the main source of threads like this. The oberwhelming player skill of some that is. It's like that in most games xD

Ever played against a CS (game) pro player? You get the idea.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think you cant put it into 1 thing or the other. In the end, the market will ´balance´ things out.
    You can compare everythings costs and benefits. The more rare items like JOSD will have a high price and a terrible cost benefit ratio. Same for S cards. So everyone aims for those things last.

All balances out to the point where you can make a graph of total invested vs characters power. If you put the power on the X axis and investment on the Y axis ,you get an exponential graph. Some can move far up the curve, others cannot. (indeed doesnt have to be related to CSing)

However, even though markets will smoothen out that graph and decide what items everyone gets first and what items will be responsible for that uber expensive end part of the curve, it is within PWIs control what range of character power there is and i think the range is rather big. Makes sence from their marketing perspective of course but also from a gamers interest perspective. Do you want to be farming 100 hours for a 2% increase or rather a 20% increase ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am too OP, even without deity/josd :D

xDD nah just kidding. But too OP...seriously...the only thing that can be considered OP for the majority of PPL are josd sins. Extreme srurvivability tied with enough dmg to kill nearly anyone in 1on1 as well as in group PvP.

Besides that only the player skill from some fellow PWI-Players. The skill gap in this game is even larger than in most other MMOs I've played and I played 95% of all MMOs avaible.

If you can't beat someone then don't compare r9rr to G16, if you can't beat an equally geared player then just learn how to play. That's the trick. No one would laugh at someone that is losing to someone that overgears them by far. Never. That would be rediculous.

@Joe

u have never been on lost city server, haven't u?
    there are sins with full lvl80 S cards, full +12 full josd that never run around only selfbuffed and still call ganks on way outgeared people cause solo they cant kill them. normally they go for 2v1 or 3v1 at lowest.
    Or full JOSD +12 barbs that go kill low lvls cause they dont manage to kill good geared players without backup.
    And most of them are in the same faction b:shocked
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Joe

u have never been on lost city server, haven't u?
    there are sins with full lvl80 S cards, full +12 full josd that never run around only selfbuffed and still call ganks on way outgeared people cause solo they cant kill them. normally they go for 2v1 or 3v1 at lowest.
    Or full JOSD +12 barbs that go kill low lvls cause they dont manage to kill good geared players without backup.
    And most of them are in the same faction b:shocked

Call them pathetic morons and kill them when they finally find some balls to 1on1 you on selfbuffs, then they quit and you won. GG. As usual xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Joe you're right, but nope

Lost City, full Deity +12 sin with 2/2 4/4 S sets and iirc some awakened card there scoring over 100 kills in Resource War, fighting average r9r toons. That's OP

How on earth he scores 2 kills per minute on open map fight is something I yet need to understand, but it's simply beyond OPness

For those wondering, that's the same guy that made the first 105x3 in Pwi xD

Side note: Josd sins are still broken xD
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm sure I wouldn't think anything is too OP if I could get there.

But when I do TW on my g16 3.33 (I know aps is dead blah blah blah) sin and hit Kylin's barbs for like 50-80hp.......well it makes me want to level my barb more than anything.

When I get hit in NW for 40+ k

When I get to tag along as a charity inclusion on a BH and like someone of any class solo's WS or 99 bosses without a cleric.

When I see a barb with 50k + hp

...things like that anyway..... As I've said before, for many of us the horizon of awesomeness is very very distant.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Honestly its not really the gems u can by pass that without them. Its cards the placement on how u get the stats is in the start of the stack so it looks like a lil bit on the cards but gives a HUGE amount. They make stuff way too easy. If cards was changed to the end of the stack instead of the start of it then things would be way different fighting someone max S card with u have lets say a non maxed A card.
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sins are op. Tidal is op. Stealth is op. Their dmg is op. Add josd to that sin and heck they are immortal. I've played sin and yes it is easy being one. Takes no skill to be honest. I mean u have to be pretty bad at the game to not be able to play a sin lol. It's easy... go stealth click tidal spark eliminate finished. Their are the exceptional few that aren't that easy, but then we just stun lock them to death surely they can't survive spammed lifehunter. The class I do think is the most balanced and requires most skill in game is a bm. I have never played bm, but I really can't find anything to op about them. Sins are just lame all the nubs that want it easy pick them :)
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Call them pathetic morons and kill them when they finally find some balls to 1on1 you on selfbuffs, then they quit and you won. GG. As usual xD

They never will fight 1v1 and selfbuffed too even if they gank they wont go selfbuffed.
    If u find them solo for a 1v1 on map they domain/faith ig town portal and wait for backup lol.
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I watched your fight against Idiotism and I found it to be completely wrong. The sin was taking way less damage and dealing alot more dmg to u at a way faster rate. Sins are not squishy whatsoever. His multi hit skills killed your hp and that damage reduction skill(invoke?) was the main thing keeping u alive through it. I was happy u killed him on the second round though :)
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cards. Cards are OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sins are op. Tidal is op. Stealth is op. Their dmg is op. Add josd to that sin and heck they are immortal. I've played sin and yes it is easy being one. Takes no skill to be honest. I mean u have to be pretty bad at the game to not be able to play a sin lol. It's easy... go stealth click tidal spark eliminate finished. Their are the exceptional few that aren't that easy, but then we just stun lock them to death surely they can't survive spammed lifehunter. The class I do think is the most balanced and requires most skill in game is a bm. I have never played bm, but I really can't find anything to op about them. Sins are just lame all the nubs that want it easy pick them :)

b:chuckleNeed some ointment for dat butt hurt?

I've had a +12 Deity sin PM me some pretty nasty **** after he couldnt 1 shot me with Elimination. Although this person has something against me, I found it funny a +8 sin doesnt even need to tick deaden when these +12 archers are dying to elimination easily.b:chuckle
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I've had a +12 Deity sin PM me some pretty nasty **** after he couldnt 1 shot me with Elimination. Although this person has something against me, I found it funny a +8 sin doesnt even need to tick deaden when these +12 archers are dying to elimination easily.b:chuckle

There are no full deity sins on our server.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • teikiatsu11
    edited December 2014
    Options

Well a characters level can also play into that, if you're a higher level than him it will reduce his damage b:chuckle