Duskblade vs Stormbringer

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I normally dont play LA classes but I did give them a try, people are gonna QQ because this class relies entirely on combos for the most part. This will be the first race where the magic class gets way more hype than the physical class.

Stormbringer is the magical sin up in this piece, watch everybody and they momma be playing it.

I expect the Stormbringer:Duskblade ratio will be 80:3 LAWL
    They are really strong. but the NS is much better than them is most reguards

SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver:

they aren't
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • varlette
    varlette Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably the physical one. Even though it sounds lame. My babymomma will want to play the one with the scythe thing. TBH I'm really not interested in either beyond learning how to kill/counter them.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    varlette wrote: »
    Probably the physical one. Even though it sounds lame. My babymomma will want to play the one with the scythe thing. TBH I'm really not interested in either beyond learning how to kill/counter them.
    good luck with that, they're pretty strong pvp
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So with two new classes coming I figured I'd make a thread asking people if they would make a duskblade or a stormbringer. Simple thread is simple, just say which and why b:victory

I will make one of both. The melee one will probably sit there for a bit til i figure it out. I'm not really good with melee but I do ok with my BM now so we will see on that. The Stormbringer however will be fun stuff can't wait to get one going. b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will probably make a stormbringer just for the sake of knowing what the skills do and look like. Duskblade is getting loads of flac for being combo based, but uhm...Have you seen BM, barb, veno, cleric, or mystic? If you don't oneshot then you have combos as it is, combo based just means you're forced to think for 5 seconds. Boo-hoo
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will probably make a stormbringer just for the sake of knowing what the skills do and look like. Duskblade is getting loads of flac for being combo based, but uhm...Have you seen BM, barb, veno, cleric, or mystic? If you don't oneshot then you have combos as it is, combo based just means you're forced to think for 5 seconds. Boo-hoo

Lol this is why half the damn game is consisted of sins. People don't wwant to use their brains to do anything, they just want to facerol and win, lol.
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really enjoyed playing my Duskblade on PWCN, so I'm definitely going to make one here. Plus, I already have a full +10 DoT sharded set of G16 LA, and I just love the way playing the class feels. I'm kind of more of a sword person anyway, as I never really took this game seriously until seekers came out. I predict I'll fall in love with playing this class almost as much as playing my seeker. That being said, my seeker is always going to be my main.

The Stormbringer looks like it may in fact be a game changer, so I'll make one of those as well. It seems like out of the two, this is the class I would most likely get rank 9 for. Purify proc on this class is going to be crazy, and the prospect of casting while kiting around is cool. I didn't try this one out on the china server, but I look forward to testing it out over here.
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It might just be me but does anyone else see the similarity between the Stormbringer and Neverwinter's scourge warlock class? Not to say its a bad thing, I just feel from what I've seen in videos both classes have a simlar feel to them. Maybe its just me who thinks that. b:laugh
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    It might just be me but does anyone else see the similarity between the Stormbringer and Neverwinter's scourge warlock class? Not to say its a bad thing, I just feel from what I've seen in videos both classes have a simlar feel to them. Maybe its just me who thinks that. b:laugh

Seeker -> FW Warrior (in terms of damage types)
    Mystic -> FW Priest (in terms of heals)
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Well, I have a max lvl scourge warlock and from the gameplay videos on youtube about the stormbringer, they are nothing alike.
    You cannot compare the soul puppet with the lvl 79 20s replica, harrowstorm and the 2 tornado like aoes storm has do different things, I wouldn't equate storm's frontal line aoe to dreadtheft either, dread is extremely powerful and a dot, fixed short duration aoe, whereas storm's is a simple line aoe with 1 hit to it.
    Also, warlock has curses to boost attacks, and while it's a bit similar, the ice/lightning balls react a bit differently, they do not cripple the target or offer increased effects, but rather condition the attack for extra add ons or bonus damage.
    I can think of a lot more, but I guess bottom line is storm looks like a straight DD, where warlock offers some support as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, I have a max lvl scourge warlock and from the gameplay videos on youtube about the stormbringer, they are nothing alike.
    You cannot compare the soul puppet with the lvl 79 20s replica, harrowstorm and the 2 tornado like aoes storm has do different things, I wouldn't equate storm's frontal line aoe to dreadtheft either, dread is extremely powerful and a dot, fixed short duration aoe, whereas storm's is a simple line aoe with 1 hit to it.
    Also, warlock has curses to boost attacks, and while it's a bit similar, the ice/lightning balls react a bit differently, they do not cripple the target or offer increased effects, but rather condition the attack for extra add ons or bonus damage.
    I can think of a lot more, but I guess bottom line is storm looks like a straight DD, where warlock offers some support as well.

I think it was the floating balls and the way they move really that kind of reminded me of them but ur right they are very different.
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Both~ but why the hell is it ''Stormbringer'' when i heard that it is called ''Moon Fairy''? Personally i like moon fairy more~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Both~ but why the hell is it ''Stormbringer'' when i heard that it is called ''Moon Fairy''? Personally i like moon fairy more~

Localizations. (BM is warrior in PWCN I believe)
  • Sardior - Raging Tide
    Sardior - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they are named that way either to fit pwe's theme of 1 word names for the classes or because of client instability
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    BM

Because good luck beating a Duskblade with any other class 1v1
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Definitely stormbringer ~ just sad it's an AA class if it was LA I'd make it my second main and make the st3 gears since I've basically collected for my archer whenever I'll come back to game. But regardless always wanted a scythe class so who knows might just make it my second main apart from my veno :D
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • kielala
    kielala Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah i cant wait for stormbringer it looks like my favorite class from Jade Dynasty Rayan and it uses magic my favorite thing about it XD its got distance AND power.b:chuckleb:laugh
  • O_Kitiara_O - Archosaur
    O_Kitiara_O - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i hope that SB and DB have thier own unique dances like earthguards, i'll be spamming that in the nooby area if there is b:chuckle
    icon is broken, im really a mysticb:pleased
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    i hope that SB and DB have thier own unique dances like earthguards, i'll be spamming that in the nooby area if there is b:chuckle
    there is
  • idkk123
    idkk123 Posts: 24
    edited December 2014
    Im chosing a duskblade.. the class is still new and hasnt been figured out yet.. i have a feeling they may turn into something to fear once people realize how to play it
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Both for me - nice change of pace from main/ alts

chance to see what class fits my new frame of mind/ play style

create both - play til lvl 30 and see which to stick with but

leaning more towards magic so stormbringer but time will tell
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was very reluctant and full of spite for the new classes at first, but then the more I learned, Stormbringers won me. Think it is the class I always wished I could play but never arrived until now. And, scythes!

It's safe to say one will become my new main come 16th. I see in them a lot of fun to be had.
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How is this even fair?

Play a seeker with a new skin or a wizard that can move while casting & Holds arguably the most awesome weapon? I would play the duskblade simply due to the fact I kno 90% of people will run storm. But in all honesty theres not much else there for the blade
  • CamiIle - Raging Tide
    CamiIle - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer for me, until I get tired of having the saddest self heal skill in the game and having to chug hp pots constantly. I already play a witch in another game that only uses lightning and ice spells so I'm looking forward to it.

I have zero interest in Duskblade. Melee in thi9s game is sooooooooo horribly boring (magic being only a fair bit less so tbh) and having to rely on combos + LA + lack of mp = nty.

Originally I was hyped about seeker, then I realized that your primary task is to vortex everything while afk after buffing the squad. Just like sins are completely ignored in an instance after they bp the squad as long as they are auto attacking the boss 99% of the time. Dagger throwing one boss in fsp being the 1% of the time they actually need to do anything useful.

I've long since abandoned my other characters in favor of mystic, because it suits me perfectly. If it turns out that Stormbringer isn't for me then she will just join the JJ orphanage, which is going to be getting 5000% larger after the crippling stupidity about to occur with dq items.

Lol this is why half the damn game is consisted of sins. People don't wwant to use their brains to do anything, they just want to facerol and win, lol.

Goodness, the sin bashing in this thread is utterly amazing. Apparently neither person has done pvp on a sin or heard of non-aps sins. Considering I expect to have aggro in all pve squads this is hilarious. Even as a sin in pvp if you don't use your brain and string together a good stun combo you'll never beat anyone remotely close to your level, much less stronger. Okay, bye.

Just to stay on topic, making a stormbringerb:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Lol @ LAs mana consumption being a problem. Vortex sucks more, and so easily compensated for with one pot. Small mana pool = easy to fill up = one pot means unlimited skills while it regenerates.

This is PWI equivalent of first world problems.
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    both,
    two accounts
    maiin stormbringer
    alt duskblade

reason main gets stormbringer is so i dont have tto use my lvl 100s and getting help with lvling her
    if duskblade needs the most help, yea ill use my toons to help lvl her
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer, I don't like melee classes so mage all the way. I doubt I'll use it much though, I'm too addicted to Cleric and being able to heal myself. I'll take only having to worry about MP any day.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer because I have the alt gear for it and I wont be buying it r9 unless I feel like it anyway.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stormbringer because

storms > whatever other magic there is

also scythes are kinda cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    spartn wrote: »
    How is this even fair?

Play a seeker with a new skin or a wizard that can move while casting & Holds arguably the most awesome weapon? ...

Just few notes to above statement about Stormbringer "that can move while casting":
    1) exist instances too small to move there;
    2) to cast spell, while moving, Stormbringer must be in proper range (each spell has it's maximum possible range), so even if Stormbringer can run faster than mob/boss, but he must be not too far and ranged enemy can hit Stormbringer too);
    3) can you imagine tank, running from boss ?