Duskblade vs Stormbringer

Comments

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer for me, until I get tired of having the saddest self heal skill in the game and having to chug hp pots constantly. I already play a witch in another game that only uses lightning and ice spells so I'm looking forward to it.

I have zero interest in Duskblade. Melee in thi9s game is sooooooooo horribly boring (magic being only a fair bit less so tbh) and having to rely on combos + LA + lack of mp = nty.

Originally I was hyped about seeker, then I realized that your primary task is to vortex everything while afk after buffing the squad. Just like sins are completely ignored in an instance after they bp the squad as long as they are auto attacking the boss 99% of the time. Dagger throwing one boss in fsp being the 1% of the time they actually need to do anything useful.

I've long since abandoned my other characters in favor of mystic, because it suits me perfectly. If it turns out that Stormbringer isn't for me then she will just join the JJ orphanage, which is going to be getting 5000% larger after the crippling stupidity about to occur with dq items.

I laughed my *** out after I read this, u have any idea what an Assassin is ... I guess Not .
    After I read what u said about sins ,I considered all ur post a trash no value , while i was going to consider learning from it . but then the sin part surprised me seriously u have no idea about this game .

I'm a sin who can solo almost anything in game , anything with 1mil hp lvl 150 drop in 5 sec , anything with 3mil hp drop in 15-20 sec , anything with 24mil hp drop in 3-4 min .
    I tank and always out DD everyone in FS .
    In my FS runs I tank it daily, and I do the most dmg possible on the bosses ( with or without debuffs ) , there is slitly few sec's sometime agro was stolen and the majority of time I'm the tanker which never relays on cleric or any heal or puri .
    I'm a sin that won vs 3 End game r9rr .
    wiped over 15 ppl in 1 TW once over 70% of those are r9rr .

So in simple words, idk why brainless f...ers appear here on forums if they have nothing to benefit ppl with .
    Whats the problem in leveling them? In 3 days after release my Stormbringer will be 101, 2 days after it will be 100 again and another 2 days at the most it will the third time 100.

Granted. Without massive monthlong preparation and planning that wouldn't be possible. Rolling a new class on a twink that already got 130-ish BH2-pills and around 30 EXP pills from EU combined with over 400 basic badges...well that certainly boosts the lvling process a bit. Being able to solo (duo in that case) delta does add to it as well.

So its ~8 hours a day straight EXP grinding via PV, TT and open world/botting, another 8 hours of delta and 8 hours of RoR. 3x Dreamchaser Packs add to that as well.

Leveling is still easy and fast as hell if you plan it right and know what to do. Even if you are a completely new player without any mains to push you then you can still reach 100 in max 7 days due to the improved quest-system/bhs and whatnot. Granted. With fc I would've had less trouble and a double reborned 3x101 stormbringer in 3 straight days.

As some have already stated, well Duskblades are a joke. No survivability (like archer) and no range. Nothing to grant you immunity to paralyze or purge. Even if they could push out huge dmg (which they can't) they could just get locked up and killed easily. In comparision to that plus calculating in how lag works with our server it's easy to say that the fairies (Stormbringer) will be somewhat gamebreaking. They introduce a highly mobile gameplay in a otherwise static game. Ofc it is gamebreaking.

You sound so full of ur self for no reason .. all this **** u wrote about 1st 100 lvls is impossible , a lvl 100 none rebirth in 3 days is Impossible without multi hundreds of bh2 pills . you do know that 130 pills x400K exp +30mil is way very less than what a lvl 70 character requires of exp to reach 100 .
    You can maybe reach lvl 90-92 max with all that .. Then the hard work starts which will not work in 48 hours .
    I lvl'd my self RB2 in 24 hrs , its possible ofc was with FC and end game gear and solo ... but imagine u using a lvl 80 weapon max possible u can make is warsoul and most of us and 99% of ppl are not going to use warsoul weapon cause they don't have it and barelt 1-5% who will bother make 1 for their started new class .
    Even if u can hyper , U can't have this job done with a lvl 80 character inside FC with a lvl 80/90 green weapon or gold even if u refine to +7-8 and manage with all ur skills possible on earth to solo spam FC for 72 hrs .
    This whole **** wont happen and I'd like to see SS for ur toon on 20th being lvl 100 Thanks .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not overly worried about the stormfairies being gamebreaking. If they keep moving around, just means my BM has more to stun/freeze... Primal Farstrike will pin em in place. They'll be a pain for barbarians to chase down though.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You sound so full of ur self for no reason .. all this **** u wrote about 1st 100 lvls is impossible , a lvl 100 none rebirth in 3 days is Impossible without multi hundreds of bh2 pills . you do know that 130 pills x400K exp +30mil is way very less than what a lvl 70 character requires of exp to reach 100 .
    You can maybe reach lvl 90-92 max with all that .. Then the hard work starts which will not work in 48 hours .
    I lvl'd my self RB2 in 24 hrs , its possible ofc was with FC and end game gear and solo ... but imagine u using a lvl 80 weapon max possible u can make is warsoul and most of us and 99% of ppl are not going to use warsoul weapon cause they don't have it and barelt 1-5% who will bother make 1 for their started new class .
    Even if u can hyper , U can't have this job done with a lvl 80 character inside FC with a lvl 80/90 green weapon or gold even if u refine to +7-8 and manage with all ur skills possible on earth to solo spam FC for 72 hrs .
    This whole **** wont happen and I'd like to see SS for ur toon on 20th being lvl 100 Thanks .

what if he's rich enough to spam oracles?

possible? yes it is. Done for sure? not sure.
    edited December 2014
    what if he's rich enough to spam oracles?

possible? yes it is. Done for sure? not sure.

Exp required from lvl 90 to 100 is around 200mil exp .

If u want to use max oracle possibe made by tokens which gives 30K each u need 6666 Orcales .
    which each of it lets say takes time to kill + time to respawn .
    The respawn time of that quest mob is 30sec alone = 2.3 day continuous none stop respawns ALONE.
    not considering the time u need to kill the mob of 127K hp each time with a lvl 90 weapon .

Considering there is only 1 mob of that or 2-3 in whole map . Then ur point of FAST lvling to ppl is invlid @ the main person who claimed those stuff.
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
    edited December 2014
    Exp required from lvl 90 to 100 is around 200mil exp .

If u want to use max oracle possibe made by tokens which gives 30K each u need 6666 Orcales .
    which each of it lets say takes time to kill + time to respawn .
    The respawn time of that quest mob is 30sec alone = 2.3 day continuous none stop respawns ALONE.
    not considering the time u need to kill the mob of 127K hp each time with a lvl 90 weapon .

Considering there is only 1 mob of that or 2-3 in whole map . Then ur point of FAST lvling to ppl is invlid @ the main person who claimed those stuff.

he was talking about leveling after rewakening in 2 days yo!

my lame as barb got 81 after rewakening in a couple of hours (3-4) with just some of those 200k xp pills that u got from weekly code, then PV (you can get multiple different PV entrance seal things on same day if you get in different level ranges) and the chain for rb1 + 20ish bh orbs. After that you can have saved all the bhs till your level to do em. RB1 chain quest for lvl 81 and 91 authomatically give u 1 level. The first primal dailies + caravan is another 1 level. You also should have time / activations on hyper to solo eden for xp. U can still do cs / cube / maybe world quest if will actually be revamped to give decent xp with teleport stones really fast / oracle IX for 31 x 4 = 124k each. Ijs is doable, but not perfect for the money you should spend.

also i believe they counting on getting r9 right away, so dd won't be a problem.
    edited December 2014
    he was talking about leveling after rewakening in 2 days yo!

my lame as barb got 81 after rewakening in a couple of hours (3-4) with just some of those 200k xp pills that u got from weekly code, then PV (you can get multiple different PV entrance seal things on same day if you get in different level ranges) and the chain for rb1 + 20ish bh orbs. After that you can have saved all the bhs till your level to do em. RB1 chain quest for lvl 81 and 91 authomatically give u 1 level. The first primal dailies + caravan is another 1 level. You also should have time / activations on hyper to solo eden for xp. U can still do cs / cube / maybe world quest if will actually be revamped to give decent xp with teleport stones really fast / oracle IX for 31 x 4 = 124k each. Ijs is doable, but not perfect for the money you should spend.

also i believe they counting on getting r9 right away, so dd won't be a problem.

1- He mentioned getting 1st lvl 100 in 3 days . And all what i've said above is about that part being impossible/not doable by all player even if they have the money for it .

2- You might need to review the info u saying there which has some mistakes :P (weekly exp item doesn't work below 100 ) .

and a side note : not all ppl will go use their bh2 pills on 1st 100 lvls. if it's not enough to be above lvl 92-95 .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
    edited December 2014
    2- You might need to review the info u saying there which has some mistakes :P (weekly exp item doesn't work below 100 ) .

this is the item i was talking about ulqui: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21348

Lvl req: 0 b:victory
    edited December 2014
    this is the item i was talking about ulqui: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/21348

Lvl req: 0 b:victory

KK i hope that guy show us his 100 toon in 20th >: o
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I laughed my *** out after I read this, u have any idea what an Assassin is ... I guess Not .
    After I read what u said about sins ,I considered all ur post a trash no value , while i was going to consider learning from it . but then the sin part surprised me seriously u have no idea about this game .

I'm a sin who can solo almost anything in game , anything with 1mil hp lvl 150 drop in 5 sec , anything with 3mil hp drop in 15-20 sec , anything with 24mil hp drop in 3-4 min .
    I tank and always out DD everyone in FS .
    In my FS runs I tank it daily, and I do the most dmg possible on the bosses ( with or without debuffs ) , there is slitly few sec's sometime agro was stolen and the majority of time I'm the tanker which never relays on cleric or any heal or puri .
    I'm a sin that won vs 3 End game r9rr .
    wiped over 15 ppl in 1 TW once over 70% of those are r9rr .

So in simple words, idk why brainless f...ers appear here on forums if they have nothing to benefit ppl with .

You can do all those things because you are an end game sin ''you smart one''.
    Thats why you can tank FSP as you do.
    Alyson clearly talks about non endgame sins.
    giphy.gif

• blazearcher20
    blazearcher20 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am sure this thread got off topic fast. Now let me address my opinion.

I will make a DuskBlade because i seen it and i played it for anyone who has a negative review about it just **** because you never played it. Now about Stormbringer it can cast on the run but it does have to stand still for some of it's other skills. Some of the Stormbringer moves can be cast on the run.

Now for all the idiots out there DuskBlade has moves that can be cast on the run as well. Just because it's a melee class doesn't mean a thing. If you played Assassin, Seeker, BM, or even a Barb you already know that it will have Str and Dex but this class is built around Dex like a Assassin. So to clear it up for people all melee classes have low mp but they never die as easy. If they want the game to be all magic class then they wouldn't need the Melee classes. The game always have a Melee and Magic class but this time both classes have a transformation that is limited unlike Barb and Veno and Assassin and Psy.

So when choose a class you can stick with your normal class but you will get bored of the new content after you did everything and afk in arch again anyways. So nothing will change.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Man they will never read, they can kill, but can't read. Lol
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Man they will never read, they can kill, but can't read. Lol

It is very laughable.
    Sweetiebot give 5 points to Ibunneh - Raging Tide.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sweetiebot give 5 points to Ibunneh - Raging Tide.
    Toliman - Raging Tide awards 5 points to Ibunneh - Raging Tide!
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide is now in 1st place for December 2014 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    Toliman - Raging Tide can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

edited December 2014

Your Alyson says up "Just like sins are completely ignored in an instance after they bp the squad as long as they are auto attacking the boss 99% of the time. Dagger throwing one boss in fsp being the 1% of the time they actually need to do anything useful."

which means Sins in general , Which she used in supporting her idea about "I have zero interest in Duskblade. Melee in thi9s game is sooooooooo horribly boringblablable ...."

for example on our server RT , there is over 20 DPH sins which have a full r9rr set they use DPH combo skills and specially Life Hunter macro which works perfect or Elimination .
    What the number of none DPH r9rr set or T3 set sins doing FS daily ? let it be 20-40 and T3 let it be around 20 and r9rr around 20 . Then ur whole idea is total BS about Sins in general being boring and melee class being boring CAUSE OF BEING USELESS .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014

for example on our server RT , there is over 20 DPH sins which have a full r9rr set they use DPH combo skills and specially Life Hunter macro which works perfect or Elimination .
    20 not mean all.

In any case top 100 best characters can't be same as other characters.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    20 not mean all.

In any case top 100 best characters can't be same as other characters.

^Hello Omg Ulq you completely missed the point of her post
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Your Alyson says up "Just like sins are completely ignored in an instance after they bp the squad as long as they are auto attacking the boss 99% of the time. Dagger throwing one boss in fsp being the 1% of the time they actually need to do anything useful."

which means Sins in general , Which she used in supporting her idea about "I have zero interest in Duskblade. Melee in thi9s game is sooooooooo horribly boringblablable ...."

Some people dont need to say they dont talk about sins in general so us can figure out they dont talk about sins in general.

But everyone that has a brain can figure out you gave that reply to Alyson only to bragg about how good you are.
    If you were to reply only about FSP thing you would have started with this
    ''I tank and always out DD everyone in FS .
    In my FS runs I tank it daily, and I do the most dmg possible on the bosses ( with or without debuffs ) , there is slitly few sec's sometime agro was stolen and the majority of time I'm the tanker which never relays on cleric or any heal or puri ''
    and ended here
    instead you started with:
    ''. I'm a sin who can solo almost anything in game , anything with 1mil hp lvl 150 drop in 5 sec , anything with 3mil hp drop in 15-20 sec , anything with 24mil hp drop in 3-4 min ''.

and ended with
    ''I'm a sin that won vs 3 End game r9rr .
    wiped over 15 ppl in 1 TW once over 70% of those are r9rr .''

IDK what others think but for me that looks like bragging.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

edited December 2014
    Some people dont need to say they dont talk about sins in general so us can figure out they dont talk about sins in general.

But everyone that has a brain can figure out you gave that reply to Alyson only to bragg about how good you are.
    If you were to reply only about FSP thing you would have started with this
    ''I tank and always out DD everyone in FS .
    In my FS runs I tank it daily, and I do the most dmg possible on the bosses ( with or without debuffs ) , there is slitly few sec's sometime agro was stolen and the majority of time I'm the tanker which never relays on cleric or any heal or puri ''
    and ended here
    instead you started with:
    ''. I'm a sin who can solo almost anything in game , anything with 1mil hp lvl 150 drop in 5 sec , anything with 3mil hp drop in 15-20 sec , anything with 24mil hp drop in 3-4 min ''.

and ended with
    ''I'm a sin that won vs 3 End game r9rr .
    wiped over 15 ppl in 1 TW once over 70% of those are r9rr .''

IDK what others think but for me that looks like bragging.
    b:bye

You can think of it bragging , and I can still consider it showing that sin's are very epic class and can do a lot even same gear wise .

And @ Bunny everyone swings the way he likes and goes with his interests .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot take 10 points away from Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide for being stuck so far up his own bum he can see the light again.

Someone needs to calm down. Seriously.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot take 10 points away from Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide for being stuck so far up his own bum he can see the light again.
    You can't remove more than 2 points per request.
    Saethos - Raging Tide removes 2 points from Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide!
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide is now in 2nd place for December 2014 with -2 points (-3 points overall).
    Saethos - Raging Tide can still remove another 3 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Ulq stop derailing. It's bad enough as is that the only thing you're contributing to this thread is... nothing of value.

Everyone else, don't assist the derail.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Ulq stop derailing. It's bad enough as is that the only thing you're contributing to this thread is... nothing of value.

Everyone else, don't assist the derail.

Lol I <3 Kossy #KossyForPresident2016
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    My sig dances for us all! b:heart

I already mentioned I'd be making both because I can. I've played every other class to at least decently refined G16 with both cultis and don't see a reason not to do the same with these two. b:chuckle
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    My sig dances for us all! b:heart

I already mentioned I'd be making both because I can. I've played every other class to at least decently refined G16 with both cultis and don't see a reason not to do the same with these two. b:chuckle

The only way I'll play Duskblade is if I get bored and want to see what it's about. I honestly could care less, except for how to counter it in PvP
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    The only way I'll play Duskblade is if I get bored and want to see what it's about. I honestly could care less, except for how to counter it in PvP

The counter to Duskblades is bacon.

I've now saved you from ever having to concern yourself with it. You're welcome. b:cute
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll be making both, because y not??

Im more excited about the stormbringer tbh, but I am curious to see if all the duskblade hate is even somewhat justified.
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    I'll be making both, because y not??

Im more excited about the stormbringer tbh, but I am curious to see if all the duskblade hate is even somewhat justified.

I dont hate duskblade. I just dont feel the need to play the class like i feel the need to play the stormbringer.

Scythe and casting skills while moving and lots of aoe. I love a class with lots of aoe. And the ability to create a clone of herself or himself even if its for only 20 seconds.b:victory
    giphy.gif

• CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I dont hate duskblade. I just dont feel the need to play the class like i feel the need to play the stormbringer.

Scythe and casting skills while moving and lots of aoe. I love a class with lots of aoe. And the ability to create a clone of herself or himself even if its for only 20 seconds.b:victory

I didn't mean you specifically, I just feel the overall level of excitement for duskblades is reaaaally low compared to stormbringers
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    I didn't mean you specifically, I just feel the overall level of excitement for duskblades is reaaaally low compared to stormbringers

It's because Duskblade is LA, melee, and people are jaded because assassins. Meanwhile Stormbringer has that whole new mechanic thing going for it and the unique weapon that's actually unique to the game (duskblade knife isn't really that new for us visually) so people are giving it lots more attention.

Once the initial hype dies down we'll likely see more people giving Duskblades a better look.
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014

I know you were not talking about me specifically. The excitement for duskblade is reaaaaaaaaaaaally low compared to stormbringer cause they dont have anything interesant to offer. But who knows, in the future maybe they will be a good class .
    giphy.gif