Arc Defender

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So i cant login in because this stupid arc defender thing wont let me in without a PIN.
    I don't ****ing remember when i used those emails last and dont remember the passwords. This is a total hassle. ARC is ****ing STUPID. NO ONE LIKES IT. WHY DOES PWE STILL USE THIS GARBAGE????
    Seriously... Is there a workaround or am I going to have to submit tickets because I don't remember my emails?

FYI PWE: I am not sure you guys may know this but NO ONE here gets "****". Okay?
    The only time people are "****" is when someone they foolishly gave their password robs them blind. That's it. There aren't any MASTER HAXORZ who pop on and Magically do computer haxxing and generate a password. This software is useless and aggravating.

Halp plz. Is my only option a ticket? Because I am seriously just about to hop on my xbox one instead..
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    So i cant login in because this stupid arc defender thing wont let me in without a PIN.
    I don't ****ing remember when i used those emails last and dont remember the passwords. This is a total hassle. ARC is ****ing STUPID. NO ONE LIKES IT. WHY DOES PWE STILL USE THIS GARBAGE????
    Seriously... Is there a workaround or am I going to have to submit tickets because I don't remember my emails?

FYI PWE: I am not sure you guys may know this but NO ONE here gets "****". Okay?
    The only time people are "****" is when someone they foolishly gave their password robs them blind. That's it. There aren't any MASTER HAXORZ who pop on and Magically do computer haxxing and generate a password. This software is useless and aggravating.

Halp plz. Is my only option a ticket? Because I am seriously just about to hop on my xbox one instead..
    Yes it is to submit a ticket. In fact, you probably should have done so when Arc Defender was announced a while back since they did warn us about what would happen.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yes it is to submit a ticket. In fact, you probably should have done so when Arc Defender was announced a while back since they did warn us about what would happen.

Oh because I should ALWAYS be up to date on everything going on in this game when I barely play it as it is? Don't give me that ****. I am under no obligation to read their news.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited November 2014
    Oh because I should ALWAYS be up to date on everything going on in this game when I barely play it as it is? Don't give me that ****. I am under no obligation to read their news.

... Then you have no room to complain about your own lack of foresight in regards to something that we were warned about in advance with PLENTY of time before it came along.

If you care enough that this makes you want to rant and rave at them, you should have cared enough to pay some slight attention to the information they gave out long in advance of a change instead of acting like a complete idiot when said change hits.
    edited November 2014
    ... Then you have no room to complain about your own lack of foresight in regards to something that we were warned about in advance with PLENTY of time before it came along.

If you care enough that this makes you want to rant and rave at them, you should have cared enough to pay some slight attention to the information they gave out long in advance of a change instead of acting like a complete idiot when said change hits.

This game doesn't require me to be up on it's ****.
    Don't try and act like You are all high and mighty because you follow everything they do.
    IE unpaid labor.

ARE YOU GOING TO BE A GOOD MODERATOR OR INSULT PEOPLE BY CALLING THEM AN IDIOT?
    REAL PROFESSIONAL
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't try and act like You are all high and mighty because you follow everything they do.
    IE unpaid labor.

REAL PROFESSIONAL

Take it from a beta-player then? You're being idiotic. Simply put, what Kossy stated is correct. It's much like choosing to not read a document for a car loan. Or, say, perhaps they send you an updated loan document via mail w/ new terms and/or an increased rate. Is it unfair to you if you chose to not read that document? Should the company behind said document be held liable for your negligence? Absolutely not. By your own logic, even if we state that this is a game so it doesn't follow "logic", anytime you boldly make the choice NOT to read something, the person that initiated the document/information should be held liable?

If what your saying isn't true ignorance, then I don't know what is. Choosing to not read something doesn't make you king of the castle. It's expected that the average player of any online role playing game would keep up to date on news and terms, especially when they have sent notices through the forums, ARC client news, ARC pop-ups, and e-mails (though, I doubt you received one due to this issue).

Furthermore, it's really disrespectful to constantly use profanity (aka asterisks) when forming grammatical structures for language. It shows a great deal of immaturity and/or lack of intelligence to rant around on a message board about your issues, blaming it on everyone but yourself, and all the while using profanity. Grow up.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    IE unpaid labor.

REAL PROFESSIONAL

1) If you come into a game very rarely without checking the forums first you're gonna get burned. Deal with it.

2) Screaming at everyone you see does nothing for you. We care about you in an abstract way when you're polite. We don't give a rat's *** and tune you out completely when you're an ***. I imagine PWI people are much the same. Honey, Vinegar, etc.

3) You're in a slap fight with a hemorrhoidal badger. You're lucky to get civil answers when you're *not* showing your behind in a thread. Nothing but abuse from that one from this point forward for you.

4) This forum is for talking to other players. Send in a ticket, and wait. Any screaming done here is as effective as doing it at your monitor.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • opkossy
    edited November 2014
    Both of the above responses do such a good job I don't really need to add more. Sweet.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Both of the above responses do such a good job I don't really need to add more. Sweet.

SweetieBot please give OPKossy 10 points xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014

SweetieBot please give OPKossy 10 points xD
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.

SweetieBot please give me back my old forum name/post count/title and signature. Thanks.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014

SweetieBot please give me back my old forum name/post count/title and signature. Thanks.
    What would that achieve? Don't mention it. Here is a question for you ... What are you planning to do today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• SadieMae - Lost City
    SadieMae - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's stupid that the only notification I've seen about Arc defender was in my email. So what happens to the people that can't access their email? The must check the forums? Not everybody has time to read everything on the forum. I log in everyday to the game, but only check the forum when I am looking for specific information. I don't see anything obvious on the forum that says something like "urgent: will lose account if you don't know your email"
    Arc is poorly written program that add nothing to the game. It shouldn't have ever been forced on players like it was.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think its a great idea. Then people can't open a bajillion clients at once and they can better keep track of scammers/hackers through logging into arc.
    I call this BS and raise you a virtual machine. Or two. Or 5. Or 12. Depending on how much of a whopper your computer (/workstation /server) really is. Virtualization isn't something a launcher will help against since the entire computer is emulated - to ARC it will just look like you're playing on a different computer.
    ARE YOU GOING TO BE A GOOD MODERATOR OR INSULT PEOPLE BY CALLING THEM AN IDIOT? REAL PROFESSIONAL
    In your case, real accurate too. Your reaction kinda proves the point.
    The game TOS states that the access methods may change over time. That you, through laziness, refuse to stay up to date isn't PWI's problem. They announce it to the masses through proper channels. People who've registered a bazillion accounts using a one-time-use email address, yea, those people will be in trouble now as they won't be able to reach their pins if they don't adjust their profile to a proper, working (and spammable) mailbox.
    Personally, I solve that with a bunch of aliases leading to the same mailbox.
    Arc is poorly written program that add nothing to the game. It shouldn't have ever been forced on players like it was.
    It isn't. As said before, you can start PWI without ARC. The only thing you need ARC for is to occasinally redeem some codes, after which you can apply the Task Manager (tm) "EndProcess" medicine to cure the hogging of your memory.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's stupid that the only notification I've seen about Arc defender was in my email. So what happens to the people that can't access their email? The must check the forums? Not everybody has time to read everything on the forum. I log in everyday to the game, but only check the forum when I am looking for specific information. I don't see anything obvious on the forum that says something like "urgent: will lose account if you don't know your email"
    Meanwhile, you're replying to the stickied topic entitled "ARC Defender". That's not obvious enough?
    No, not everyone has time to browse the forums, but they if they have time to do their dailies, they can take 2 secs to load up the main page and scan the stickies quickly for anything new. The only other place it could be is in the ARC window News section, but they went a step further a made a pop-up to make sure you don't miss it.

My ARC defender kicked in today. It popped up in a big window that cannot be missed over top of the ARC client, and took all of 3 secs to disable, all without needing my email for anything - since the first login location is considered 'safe' and does not require a PIN or email. So, no giant post is needed saying you will lose your account, since you won't, if you take the couple minutes to bother reading the pop-up. If the pop-up window on login isn't obvious enough, which, by the way, also has a link right on it that gives you info including how to disable it, I don't know what else they could even do. It doesn't get much more obvious than that.

As far as emails go, its not PWE's problem or job to babysit people who cannot remember old emails or do not have the foresight to take care of their own information or update email addresses. If someone signed up on an MMO or anywhere else with a specific email, its the users job to maintain this information and update it accordingly.

Get your blessings, codes, then turn ARC back off. You don't even need to run it besides for codes.

People are really blowing this way out of proportion.
  • Locomotive - Harshlands
    Locomotive - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A person shouldn't have to send a ticket in to update their e-mail address. If other companies can make it where you can change your e-mail address online without having to either phone them or send them an message then it can be done by PWI as well.

Stop and realize it was PWI that made it where people had to create the other e-mail addresses to be able to create the new accounts. If they had made it where two accounts were able to be made with the same e-mail address this wouldn't have been a problem.
    edited November 2014

Stop and realize it was PWI that made it where people had to create the other e-mail addresses to be able to create the new accounts. If they had made it where two accounts were able to be made with the same e-mail address this wouldn't have been a problem.
    This is common with many online services and MMO's. In my own personal experience, I've found this to be the more common practice.
    Besides, it still isn't an excuse for people to not have the foresight to remember their own information that they signed up with. Just seems people are grasping at straws to blame PWE for what is their own fault. For all the faults PWE has (and it has many), keeping track of peoples sign-in info and having it up to date isn't one that is their problem.

Yes, their process of email updating is antiquated and they could use an update of that. It's still there, however, and not doing it simply because you don't like the process is again, on you for not bothering. It takes barely any more time to submit a ticket than it does to fill out an online form.

Though again......if anyone takes the 2 minutes to actually read the pop-up they put in your face and follow the link to more information, it can be disabled without any need for emails or PINS, thus rendering any of these arguments about emails completely moot.
  • pennywise29
    pennywise29 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First you force this **** ARC on us now this defender. Can't log into my account until I do the pin thing to turn the damn thing off...

What's wrong with you people???

Why is Defender engaged as the default instead of it being off and let people choose whether or not to turn it on instead of creating a damn hassle for us....

Oh that's right PWI doesn't give a *** about players and after 5 years I sure as hell know this to be true

I wish to hell people would let me look after my own security instead of **** things up for me pretending they know what they are doing. PWI is getting as bad as Microsoft
    edited November 2014
    sontzu wrote: »
    More half-assed, broken software? gg pwi

EDIT: Your stupid piece of garbage failware does not take into account people playing over MBB. My IP changes every time I connect to my ISP.
    Oh, and OFC NO PIN sent to me.

MORONS

Make sure it works BEFORE you release it? Or is this simple logic too much for you?

Wait, I already know it is, it's normal for pwe to dump broken code on us

TYSVM

If it was your first login, it doesn't send a PIN, so you should not have expected one.
    I think its funny that in the time all these raging rants are typed, defender could have been disabled and forgotten about by now b:chuckle
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So far see no good in this defender thing. After updating Arc went mad and doesn't see any game installed. Tried to remove it and install again, nothing changes but Arc now freezes a lot, it has never been so slow before. I don't know if it is connected with Defender or not but I see nothing good in it. It doesn't protect our game accounts only Arc account.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my experience so far....i have 3 single accounts on 3 different laptops....
    last week the defender screen popped up on 1 of the laptops...
    cannot continue until pin put it..sooo i went to one of my ACTIVE emails got the pin put it in..
    no problem....so today the same sized screen popped up on the other laptop...but it stated..
    This account saved for this computer...no pin needed...maybe cause it is an ACTIVE email acct also..or just tacked on to the first pin request??
    so i assume in the next week or so the same thing will for the last one..either way..it is a active email account also....so no porblems so far...
    and the rest of you have trouble keeping track of one account??

All you out there who respond with the *** or the ***** or this sucks..
    Me thinks you complain to much....translation..
    this "stuff" was probably started to catch people like you.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As hard as you may try, you'll never be able to protect stupidity.
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    Eclod - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Arc seems to be really odd today. Never had problems with it, suddenly it keeps freezing for no reason! Is anyone else having this issue? d:
    :S
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Arc seems to be really odd today. Never had problems with it, suddenly it keeps freezing for no reason! Is anyone else having this issue? d:

Yeah, it's happening to me as well. It keeps crashing on me. I'm not even gonna bother logging in today, just gonna go play another game. If it continues I'll just uninstall Arc and go back to work-arounds. I really don't feel like messing with it right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I can get into the game. It's just Arc that keeps crashing but game client itself is fine.

Edit 2: It seemed fine for a bit now, but here is what I get when I've tried to disable the defender.

[URL="[URL=http://s855.photobucket.com/user/Tejeon/media/PWI Screenies/Untitled1_zpsd1a19bb9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab116/Tejeon/PWI Screenies/Untitled1_zpsd1a19bb9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]Untitled1_zpsd1a19bb9.jpg

And then ffrrrrreeezzzzeee and bam, crash.

[URL="[URL=http://s855.photobucket.com/user/Tejeon/media/PWI Screenies/Untitled2_zps977fb4e6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab116/Tejeon/PWI Screenies/Untitled2_zps977fb4e6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]Untitled2_zps977fb4e6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Arc keeps turning white.. .can't do anything.. can't even load my game from it. I had to use my browser to post this message. Gonna go into my C drive so I can load my game I guess.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Arc keeps turning white.. .can't do anything.. can't even load my game from it. I had to use my browser to post this message. Gonna go into my C drive so I can load my game I guess.

yup ... over and over and over. seems whoever developed this PoS didn't test it very well.

Coincidentally, Arc crashed Four times while I was writing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eclod - Raging Tide
    Eclod - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, it's happening to me as well. It keeps crashing on me. I'm not even gonna bother logging in today, just gonna go play another game. If it continues I'll just uninstall Arc and go back to work-arounds. I really don't feel like messing with it right now.

Edit: Nevermind, I can get into the game. It's just Arc that keeps crashing but game client itself is fine.

Yep, same for me. I can play fine, but Arc keep freezing. It hasn't crashed yet, though. Glad to know am not the only one having issues with it. #Arc
    #doublepost #norupaulogies

Mine actually goes black, but I can't do anything when it does this. It does unfreeze long enough for me to log into game though. :( Did this just start happening to you today?
    :S
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Arc updated, got the ArcDefender thing.
    Tried to disable it, input my password and got "arcdefender is offline".
    Logged out, logged back in, tried again, still offline.
    Then arc started going black, freezing and/or crashing.

I just...wanna...disable it please b:cry why they gotta make things so difficult XD