Guide ~ Lycaeum of Cultivation

Options
13»

Comments

• Tigeriss - Dreamweaver
    Tigeriss - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    "You get a one-time quest that gives you 140 free Feral Soul Stars the first time you enter the instance."

I never got the quest , nothing ever came up for me to receive. Is there something I need to do to get that quest?

f:worry
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    "You get a one-time quest that gives you 140 free Feral Soul Stars the first time you enter the instance."

I never got the quest , nothing ever came up for me to receive. Is there something I need to do to get that quest?

f:worry

The guide actually needs to edit that out. It was a limited time available quest, just like the extra npc that gave 10 stars for 1. Both are no longer available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ah, to avoid confusion you technically "run" the instance but get the lowest reward since running it normally is too troublesome and not worth it unless you're in PK.

Still better than nothing I guess! f:sweat

What a sad state of affairs if a Veno is on a PVE server.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The guide actually needs to edit that out. It was a limited time available quest, just like the extra npc that gave 10 stars for 1. Both are no longer available.

Yes. No kidding. I did it the first time this morning and when I received neither the 140 feral soul stars or the nine additional stars I concluded I'd somehow screwed things up, which is nothing new. Still, it frustrated me to the point I logged off for the day.

When these guides are no longer valid they need to be deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KieraLlew - Dreamweaver
    KieraLlew - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yes. No kidding. I did it the first time this morning and when I received neither the 140 feral soul stars or the nine additional stars I concluded I'd somehow screwed things up, which is nothing new. Still, it frustrated me to the point I logged off for the day.

When these guides are no longer valid they need to be deleted.

I'm truly sorry that this caused you so much frustration. I have been away from gaming for quite a while due to real life reasons and haven't touched my guides in a very long time. But I do not believe that an entire guide should be deleted because of a small out of date statement...

I tried editing it, but the forums won't let me change my avatar and I can't edit any of my posts. Does anyone have an idea around this?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm truly sorry that this caused you so much frustration. I have been away from gaming for quite a while due to real life reasons and haven't touched my guides in a very long time. But I do not believe that an entire guide should be deleted because of a small out of date statement...
    Welcome back!
    I tried editing it, but the forums won't let me change my avatar and I can't edit any of my posts. Does anyone have an idea around this?
    Mods are pretty handy folks that should be PM'd for help when needed. You'll be able to edit the first post with that avatar now. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • KieraLlew - Dreamweaver
    KieraLlew - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Mods are pretty handy folks that should be PM'd for help when needed. You'll be able to edit the first post with that avatar now. b:chuckle

Awesome, thank you!

Guide updated~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No prob! :D
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Idk if this is a bug but...glitched into pk mode, went to get base buffs, got back inside...no guards/puffbird, and the npc didnt have the quest to activate it, so I couldnt complete it b:sad

I hope that this was just a one off glitch cause the way Desdi showed in her video was the easiest way I've found to glitch into pk b:surrender
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Idk if this is a bug but...glitched into pk mode, went to get base buffs, got back inside...no guards/puffbird, and the npc didnt have the quest to activate it, so I couldnt complete it b:sad

I hope that this was just a one off glitch cause the way Desdi showed in her video was the easiest way I've found to glitch into pk b:surrender

Sounds weird O.o try again today and see if it works.

This has never happened to me so I don't know what's up with it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Something similar happened to me. I used the trick to enter in pk mode without timer, I logged out and the game crashed instead of get closed. When I logged in again, there was no npc at all even if had the Lycaeum token in my inventory.

It's very upsetting. I don't understand why they should make a istance for pk servers only and pretend it works even in pve ones. Living in pk mode is stressing, expecially for venos!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Happened to me once too. But that time, I haven't reentered the instance right after logging out. I logged out after glitching PK, then read a few pages on pwdatabase or something like this, and then logged in again and entered the instance just to find it empty. So I blamed it on that time delay. Now, I always reenter the instance right after logging out and fortunately never saw that bug happening again.
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Happened to me once too. But that time, I haven't reentered the instance right after logging out. I logged out after glitching PK, then read a few pages on pwdatabase or something like this, and then logged in again and entered the instance just to find it empty. So I blamed it on that time delay. Now, I always reenter the instance right after logging out and fortunately never saw that bug happening again.

Going back into the instance soon after relogging seems to work. That one time we'd just got base buffs and I wanted to make use of them. Oh well b:cry

The day after that bug happened, I glitched, went in again straight away and ended up with 940 points! My best yet b:victory Main reason I got such a high score was because I only got one or two sly foxes in the entire run. My Kowlin doesnt kill the sly foxes very fast, and often the fox is quite close to the portal thingy when it dies, so while its still killing one, another one will often pop up and at least one of them gets through, so I lose points b:angry
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ah yes, when sly foxes start to pop out when I'm busy switching guards, that's almost guaranteed **** up... I use an autoattacking Celestial Sting (the cactus from Eden) for them, since it is ranged. Still non-evolved, but it kills them in 3 hits. And if the fox made half the way crossing the room, the cactus is likely to fail to land the last hit. With these recent lag issues, happens all the time b:cry Fortunately, I will always receive that guaranteed reward, but I want the best score, of course. It is like a mini-game inside PWI.
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Got enough feral soul stars to evolve my cactopod and it went from killing the foxes in about four hits to 2-shotting them. So thats nice b:chuckle I pretty much always get a perfect score now except for when I'm lagging really badly <.<

I've had it sometimes where I catch the final boss with nova, get all the debuffs on and then it teleports to about the fifth guard and sometimes it even wanders backwards b:surrender Dcing with 5-digit ping seems to be pretty common for me nowadays b:cry

(Only just saw that Desdi replied to my post *fangirls* b:avoid)