Guide ~ Lycaeum of Cultivation

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All we know since last time we ever got a response is that it's "being looked into".
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ortini wrote: »
    Can't start waves for couple weeks now, can't select puffbird or guards. Any idea if this is being fixed?? I will not switch to PvP to do this.

My fix to this was the following (based upon the old Warsong pk glitch Desdi pointed out to me and a reply from Yinxi) :

1. Enter lycaeum, speak with the npc and start the quest.
    2. Summon pet and go with it very very close to the puffbird. The puffbird will start to debuff your pet and the pet will attack the puffbird, making you pink named.
    3. Stow pet and quickly log off your character, while it's still pink name.
    4. Upon re-logging your character will be white name.
    5. Re-enter the lycaeum, summon your pet and while holding down the 'ctrl' key, select a skill from your skillbar in order to attack a guard.
    6. Your waves will start now, you can simply select the guards, then while holding ctrl down, you can attack them.
    7. After finishing, get your reward, go out of lycaeum, then simply switch back to white name (red circle thing on the upper part of your mini-map). The pk glitch doesn not require you to stay 10h white name, so you can simply return to blue name for the rest of your playing session.

Hope it helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    b:surrender there is still no reward npc .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Sher__Kahn - Harshlands
    Sher__Kahn - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I did my first daily today and was VERY disappointed that I was not able to get my 140 items........ the quest was not available.

Did they remove it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I did my first daily today and was VERY disappointed that I was not able to get my 140 items........ the quest was not available.

Did they remove it?

They removed the NPC that was exchanging old FSS for new FSS so it's very possible that the one time quest of 140 FSS is not there.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They removed the NPC that was exchanging old FSS for new FSS so it's very possible that the one time quest of 140 FSS is not there.

They removed it permanently or is it a bug? If it's not a bug I'm going to f:cryf:fumef:cry.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Not sure...judging by it not being addressed after so long, it might have been done on purpose :C
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure...judging by it not being addressed after so long, it might have been done on purpose :C

I hate you PWE. f:cryf:fumef:cry

(Cause I have a lvl 91 veno on DW who's my only char)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    We should keep bringing it up and pushing for it to be addressed but don't have high expectations.
  • LoIIie - Raging Tide
    LoIIie - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone else having trouble getting the Puffbird to cast the Armor Break? I do the right rotation but instead of doing the break it does a decrease fire resistance thing. I've lurked in a couple threads to see if this issue has cropped up but I'm feeling quite alone b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Puffbird casts a combined Armor Break and Fire Resistance Break; mobs will resist one or the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LoIIie - Raging Tide
    LoIIie - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, so.. the bears are getting the armor break and are just resisting the decreasing fire resistance?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Or getting the decreased fire resistance and resisting the armor break, depending on which set of bears you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got a bit of a question.. with all guards activated and the dino debuffed (AND I used nova to keep.it in place) it still didnt die. Leaving me with 908 points :s This is confusing me :s I have only killed it once where it glitched n the blue circle didnt take it off the map. (Also shouldnt I have just 800 points if dino dun die?)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    Terrwyne - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got a bit of a question.. with all guards activated and the dino debuffed (AND I used nova to keep.it in place) it still didnt die. Leaving me with 908 points :s This is confusing me :s I have only killed it once where it glitched n the blue circle didnt take it off the map. (Also shouldnt I have just 800 points if dino dun die?)

Use Nova or Stunning blow when its at the puffbird, hit the puffbird so it get all debuffs

Set your pet to attack it, use amplify damage as well. Spam Nova and Stunning blow... If you can, try time it so you get the dino stuck between 2 guards, it will take damage from both at once and his hp will drop very fast. Sometimes I barely kill it, sometimes I kill it before it even walked half way through the instance
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Probably meant last boss.
    Did you try using Amplify Damage on it? It helps. Are you sure it had every single debuff?
    Also, if you see the HP is not going down fast then try to rotate Nova/Stunning Blow to keep it in place.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Probably meant last boss.

Yeah, noticed it now and deleted my post to avoid confusion. b:shutup
    edited November 2013
    Was just wondering; as I never managed to do that well before. I have killed the dino when it glitched; but thats the only time xD

• Terrwyne - Sanctuary
    Terrwyne - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good luck next time you do it
    If I manage to get top score I'll get my monkey evovled today, finally f:victory
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (Also shouldnt I have just 800 points if dino dun die?)
    900 is maximum you can get without killing the last boss.

Set puffbird on slow mode in advance
    Use Nova as soon as boss comes close to it
    Hit the puffbird again in 2 sec.
    Then:
    Stunning blow - Amplify - Nova - Stunning blow - Amplify
    Boss will die.

I managed to kill boss without HP debuff also, when Nova failed. It is possible. But you can use Soul degeneration since you are sage. Just make sure you use puffbird's debuffs and don't overwrite them with your own. May be this is the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • _Rune_ - Archosaur
    _Rune_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I followd this guide to the letter and i cant even activate the 1st guard, what am i doing wrong ? Im entering at the right time amd 100 veno. Help ! please.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    The instance was changed with the last new content; it's now harder (though not quite impossible) to activate the guards without going into PK mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I followd this guide to the letter and i cant even activate the 1st guard, what am i doing wrong ? Im entering at the right time amd 100 veno. Help ! please.

I posted a how-to-activate-guard here for those who are not in PK mode.

However with this method you can only activate it. You won't be able to run the instance because its too troublesome.
  • _Rune_ - Archosaur
    _Rune_ - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you Desdi !
    Ill not be doing that instance if it means going in to pk mode.

Have a great day and be awesome.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Ah, to avoid confusion you technically "run" the instance but get the lowest reward since running it normally is too troublesome and not worth it unless you're in PK.

Still better than nothing I guess! f:sweat
    edited November 2013
    The problem qith the armored tyranno was that I never gotten that well into it before and had no idea what to do xD
    Ty for all tips; maybe ill get there again soon 3:

• lizzy222
    lizzy222 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Note: You get a one-time quest that gives you 140 free Feral Soul Stars the first time you enter the instance.

how come I never got the 140 free ferals? I just got to level 100 yesterday and did the veno instance, I only got 18.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    It seems the 140 free feral stars was a temporary thing; it got removed (along with the 10 for 1 quest) with the last new content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I see..so it was some kind of event just like the Holy Pills quest?
    That's kinda lame in my opinion considering how many FSS we burn every time we need to reshape/reroll mood...
    edited November 2013
    Grrr finnally getting somewhere. Managed to kill all feral souls; waves and dino. Then noticed that one sly fox had gotten away 20 points away from 1000 ;-;

Ive also noticed that sometimes one get the fire resistant, physical.immune and speedy kowlin. If it comes on an early wave I seem.to.be pretty much screwed. And way too often it comes on waves 2-3.. How does one win against that?