[Maintenance Discussion] 11/11/14

Options
GreenLegend - Archosaur
GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
Enter possible maintenance text here

Maintenance Question: Should players continue making maintenance threads reminding the staff to post?
Dreams are just dreams...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GreenLegend - Archosaur on

Comments

• Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    staff to busy with more important things.... like the other 50 games they got sparkie managing
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    staff to busy with more important things.... like the other 50 games they got sparkie managing

Hum, sure, you have a point, but how is that our problem? Multimillionaire company can't hire more people... Genius :3

Mr. Justice
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Why even have server maintenance?It should be done monthly now and they should have all the sales scheduled and such so it does it automaticly with no reset.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Enter possible maintenance text here

Maintenance Question: Should players continue making maintenance threads reminding the staff to post?
    Just let the GMs do it for Sweetiebot's sake... she doesn't participate in unofficial threads and gets confused when the GMs decide to sticky them.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Just let the GMs do it for Sweetiebot's sake... she doesn't participate in unofficial threads and gets confused when the GMs decide to sticky them.

oh noes, rly? buahahhaha pwned! b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

SweetieBot please tell the GMs to make an official thread.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

SweetieBot please tell the GMs to make an official thread.
    Do I have to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Do I have to?

SweetieBot, you have to. Do it. Naow!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Options

SweetieBot, you have to. Do it. Naow!
    And why is that? Can't it wait? Is that a cat?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Aw alright

b:sad
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    And why is that? Can't it wait? Is that a cat?

SweetieBot, Because it's your duty , well not really ... b:shutup

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »

SweetieBot, Because it's your duty , well not really ...
    Really!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, sing me a lullaby.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, sing me a lullaby.
    I prefer not to sing. I have a terrible singing voice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    is there even a maint patch much less maint tonight anyway? if there is or isnt maint then they should just annouce it.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, report server status
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 217ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 124ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 129ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 145ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 63ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 73ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 65ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 162ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• darkkrowxx
    darkkrowxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, Latest Manual patch please
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So....

No mant then Today at least. PWE TBH no wonder why you get so much stick and QQ from people. Simple things like this...
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Looks like Sparkie, Prince of darkness, has forsaken us.
    Quick, get the peasant and bring a black chicken and a virgin to sacrifice so we could summon him from the hidden realms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Definitely beginning to feel like the red-headed stepchild of Arcgames now. Shoved into a corner; put in a box and forgotten; cast aside; tossed in the trash; replaced with something new; left on the side of the road; misbegotten; ignored; illegitimate; broken; alone; no longer loved b:surrender
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Definitely beginning to feel like the red-headed stepchild of Arcgames now. Shoved into a corner; put in a box and forgotten; cast aside; tossed in the trash; replaced with something new; left on the side of the road; misbegotten; ignored; illegitimate; broken; alone; no longer loved b:surrender

i dont even understand the neverwinter-hype, that game bored me after 1 hour.

so why, sparkie, do you guys hate PWI, the game that made your company rich and big, so much?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

so why, sparkie, do you guys hate PWI, the game that made your company rich and big, so much?b:surrender

If you one regularly checks how many Gold gets sold each day on any server then it is impossible to believe that any of their other crappy games can generate more money. Simply no. And that's with sells alone, let alone money spent on packs and other stuff.

They should pay the most attention here as I'm sure that PWI is still their most rentable game.

And ya, Neverwinter is boring as heck. Nothing special on this one. Not even the graphics. There are a dozen games (that come to mind immidiatly) that are both better looking and more fun to play. NW is a wasted effort. Swordsman is more worth a look imho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Business is business but they should take care of PW just because they took their name from it (I know that I'm biased and that this shouldn't be a valid point :p)

Talking about business, I agree that Swordsman worth the try to experience something a little different (I'm not fan about the game mechanics though). And there are some good ideas in there such as the way the parties can be built. That being said I'm not sure the game brings that much money to PWE. French server might not be the best one to have a real idea but this is soooooo empty and most people get bored after 1 or 2 months at max. The fact that you can't enter the main instances when you want and some other things, make me think it won't have a real success in EU/US.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Options
    darkkrowxx wrote: »
    SweetieBot, Latest Manual patch please
    I don't sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Business is business but they should take care of PW just because they took their name from it (I know that I'm biased and that this shouldn't be a valid point :p)

Talking about business, I agree that Swordsman worth the try to experience something a little different (I'm not fan about the game mechanics though). And there are some good ideas in there such as the way the parties can be built. That being said I'm not sure the game brings that much money to PWE. French server might not be the best one to have a real idea but this is soooooo empty and most people get bored after 1 or 2 months at max. The fact that you can't enter the main instances when you want and some other things, make me think it won't have a real success in EU/US.

Actually I don't think it's biased, I think that first line on your post is very accurate and a valid point.

If you think about it, every time PWE (or Arc games or whatever the name is now) do things like this, they basically send a message to their playerbase (clients and potential clients). That message is something like: ''We don't give a F..... about this game or their playerbase so they can go f.... themselves''
    And even worse they basically send you to play another game lets say swordman or neverwinter (heck, they even put neverwinter videos on pwi page but no maint LOLOLOL)

But the problem is that they eventually will do the same thing on those games (If they are not already doing it)

So from my point of view none of those others games are worth, not 'cause the games are bad, but because they will end just like this one: abandoned by the company that manages them.

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Wait, why are we bringing up Neverwinter?
    Akromatic is the CM there and he is doing a hell of a great job, one of the better CMs I've ever seen for a game.
    Also, I kept seeing people say Sparkles has been involved with some other titles, but does anyone actually know which titles? I kinda play or have played at one point all of PWE's titles and I haunted the forums and still do from time to time, but I've only seen Sparkles once on the Swordsman forums, I think, and he wasn't there as a CM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Akromatic is the CM there and he is doing a hell of a great job, one of the better CMs I've ever seen for a game.
    Also, I kept seeing people say Sparkles has been involved with some other titles, but does anyone actually know which titles? I kinda play or have played at one point all of PWE's titles and I haunted the forums and still do from time to time, but I've only seen Sparkles once on the Swordsman forums, I think, and he wasn't there as a CM.

I don't think he's talking about neverwinter CM. Maybe he's talking about the last post in pwi facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

If you look closely, that post is from this week.

Also if we go a few weeks ago, to that free items promo : http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/7005803-want-free-pigments%3F-%28plus-more!%29

maybe you can notice whats PWE favorite game: http://instagram.com/perfectworld

Now those are all assumptions on my part, since I can't read RankNine's mind b:laugh
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Sparkie is involved with the ARC client-patch notes/news and I'm assuming (complete assumption), he goes by another name and does the whole CM thing for about half of PWE games. There's just no justification other than the above, for his complete absence and ignorance among this community.

I mean, the guy is generally either late or non-existent on most topics. He doesn't respond to PMs at all. He states things (like TW reset being on-time, and "weekly" codes), but they never come. He can't keep the monthly updates going. He leaves all the forums maintenance to the mods. He can't be bothered to respond to replies, generally. He can't be bothered to unsticky old, not relevant threads. He can't be bothered to post patch notes when we get the small patches, often times. He can't relay messages about why there has been no manual patch available. He can't deal with ARC issues, even though his team and synch both stated they would support ARC through the forums.

He's another frankie, tbh. Another CM who pops on *maybe* once a week, to state something of minor importance, and then disappears until next week. It's not his fault, probably. The best guess is that he is extremely overworked and/or doesn't care. One or the other, really.

Because of his absence and his choice of not responding to PMs and thread-replies, I had to spend quite a hefty amount of time dealing with the DQ replacement system through the ticketing department. In all, I ended up speaking to 2 different people, and re-telling the DQ promise story 3 times. It equated to well over 1,000 words. All because we can't have an active CM.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic