East Coast Servers [Update Possibly Fixed]

Comments

• ninja00111
    ninja00111 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    weedwhack wrote: »
    Okay so I am very new to this game, I had just started playing 2 days ago and picked an east coast server to play on. now that the game has been down for 24 hours on the east coast only makes me rethink my decision to play on east coast, and with that play/recommend the game to anyone. And lets not talk about the lack of gm discussion with us about what exactly is going on. To anyone/GM at ARC and anyone at PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL this is not the way you should start new players into the game. It makes me want to not play or recommend your game at all because of 24 hr downtimes.

I feel for you, I really do. PWI is a great game, but it is easy to get swept up in the craziness and spend too much money on a game. PWI has never cared about its players and never will. Learn from this and dont waste your money.
  • butterglobe
    butterglobe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ninja00111 wrote: »
    Ooooh! Someone with a brain! Ok, lemme break this down. I am not against games generating revenue. MY point lies in how cashers with the OP +12 full S card set 2 times rebirthed gear suddenly loose everything and they have no control. A person with half a brain would have invested that insane amount of money into something they COULD control. Again, this is not a stab at a simple game attempting to make ends meat. This is about the people taking all your money all the way to the bank and you cant do anything. You were robed and theres not a damn thing you can do about it..

Perhaps when you think about it in such terms, they're not being robbed since they have given away the money willingly and knowingly that they have purchased pixels.

As for the speculation of when the game shuts down and people losing everything, its the same as to what will happen to the World when there's no electricity to power our gadgets that we own. Perhaps when that happen, people from the 3rd world countries will be mocking us the same way. Just food for thoughts. ;)

But I do agree that we should not forget ourselves in the Real World. That we need to have some reservations in spending within one's limitations and still strive to emerge winners in our interests and our real life investments/accomplishments.
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a bad feeling the issue reside in some update instaled on your servers itself however It can be router specific or switch specific also being that you cant see the servers and tracerout is haveing issues as well. did PWI fail to pay there ISP bills LOL

you know they dont host there own servers out of a basement. :P
    they pay people to host them, that way they can have east coast servers and west coast.
    they got a deal on there servers cause less cost so maybe thats why lol.
  • chaosregen9
    chaosregen9 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ISP's Tested on T-1 = No Go, Road Runner = No Go, Dialup = No Go, DSL = No Go, Any Form Of VPN = No Go, Satalite from Hues'Net = No Go <<< Forgot to add that one in lol
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited November 2014
    ISP's Tested on T-1 = No Go, Road Runner = No Go, Dialup = No Go, DSL = No Go, Any Form Of VPN = No Go, Satalite from Hues'Net = No Go <<< Forgot to add that one in lol

it went on my cup and string test :P
  • chaosregen9
    edited November 2014
    it went on my cup and string test :P

that what? LOL
  • ninja00111
    ninja00111 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Perhaps when you think about it in such terms, they're not being robbed since they have given away the money willingly and knowingly that they have purchased pixels.

As for the speculation of when the game shuts down and people losing everything, its the same as to what will happen to the World when there's no electricity to power our gadgets that we own. Perhaps when that happen, people from the 3rd world countries will be mocking us the same way. Just food for thoughts. ;)

But I do agree that we should not forget ourselves in the Real World. That we need to have some reservations in spending within one's limitations and still strive to emerge winners in our interests and our real life investments/accomplishments.

My friend, the difference is: Say I purchase an XBOX from Microsoft and some games. Microsoft did not just take enough money from me to pay off their mortgage. Furthermore, they have no more control of my usage of said XBOX provided I don't indulge in online play. The machine is mine and they cant take it back. Now take the person who just 3 days ago cashed $3k to finish off their +12 gear and went out to "pwn some noobs". How pro they must be right? How wisely their investment in their entertainment product went. And to add insult to injury, how caring the support is for their product. How nice it is to hear comforting words from an employee of their product, or is it a stab in the back when they are hung out to dry with nothing to show for it?
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well off to work.. hopefully they fix it and ya'll can get on some time today. My friend is able to get in and told me it looks like 80% of DW population is not able to play.

b:bye
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I used 1 dial-up cable that I turned back into WiFi, and 3 mobile internet aka usb stic mobile, the 5th and the only one that east servers like is my smart phone internet used with tethering =.="

EDIT: ups wrong quote ><
  • mavrodica
    mavrodica Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SweetieBot, report server status
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited November 2014

by the time "that day comes with no electricity" lol what? you know they have the technology to make electricity with a river and a dam right?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mavrodica wrote: »
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 139ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 147ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 132ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 124ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 159ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• kilontar
    kilontar Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SweetieBot server update please
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    kilontar wrote: »
    SweetieBot server update please
    Sorry! I am still confused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Genotypist was just logged on in RT momentarily (thats the one sparkie used for our tournament) now answer tho regarding the issue b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • weedwhack
    weedwhack Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know i was going to buy a mount with cash in game today b:pleased Buuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt I think ill spend it on a world of ******** membership since i know that my money goes to the servers being up and not some stupid IT guys salary.

Goodbye PWI have fun with the downtimes :) nice to meet you all
  • mavrodica
    edited November 2014
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited November 2014
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 138ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 134ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 132ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 152ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 145ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• chaosregen9
    edited November 2014
    Meh I wish I was there to help em solve server issues :( WTB Teleportation device b:laugh
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    24 hours later and still no progress, ya'll be losing your player base by the masses and now this....GG!
  • mavrodica
    edited November 2014
    WTH i was able to log in 2 min ago and got dc again, wth is hapeing with server??
  • FoosYu - Harshlands
    FoosYu - Harshlands Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's been way more than 24 hours, this is starting to be serious.

Has any GM/employee/slave been posting updates or anything? It's understandable that this sort of thing happens and there's no real direction anyone can point the finger at but sheeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhh! Personally, I would like to have constant updates so that we are INFORMED about what the problem seems to be and how it could be solved. There are a lot of smart people that play this game and they might be of some assisstance.

How are you going to compensate for east coast being down for so long and still no general idea on how to solve the problem? Is there even gonna be any compensation? Weekly Tournament, Dailies, TW Bidding have all been missed and at this blank state that we're in, we probably will miss Nation wars tonight as well as Territory Wars. That is already a handful of important in-game events that we are missing by all of this.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us are frustrated at this, I know I am. The problem has been issued, what's next is How will this issue be resolved and what are you going to do about all your east coast server players which make up quite a bit of your user database? What you workers at PWE do now will probably be a turning point, more like a do-or-die situation. Hope you pick "do" and not "die" PWE.b:surrender
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaosregen9
    edited November 2014
    It's been way more than 24 hours, this is starting to be serious.

Has any GM/employee/slave been posting updates or anything? It's understandable that this sort of thing happens and there's no real direction anyone can point the finger at but sheeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhh! Personally, I would like to have constant updates so that we are INFORMED about what the problem seems to be and how it could be solved. There are a lot of smart people that play this game and they might be of some assisstance.

How are you going to compensate for east coast being down for so long and still no general idea on how to solve the problem? Is there even gonna be any compensation? Weekly Tournament, Dailies, TW Bidding have all been missed and at this blank state that we're in, we probably will miss Nation wars tonight as well as Territory Wars. That is already a handful of important in-game events that we are missing by all of this.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us are frustrated at this, I know I am. The problem has been issued, what's next is How will this issue be resolved and what are you going to do about all your east coast server players which make up quite a bit of your user database? What you workers at PWE do now will probably be a turning point, more like a do-or-die situation. Hope you pick "do" and not "die" PWE.b:surrender

Its a PWI Fuc kkup base Hahahahah... its been like clsoe to 30 hours now lol And here I was gona spend anotehr 400 bucks today and I got paid LOL
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    WTH i was able to log in 2 min ago and got dc again, wth is hapeing with server??

Reporting for duty. sir! all East Cost Servers are having a break-dance competition and seeing witch last longerl; after 26h and counting the battle is still on! End of report, sir! b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That sure is a lot of crying for a free game. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Trisodovky - Raging Tide
    Trisodovky - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's okay, just give us three +10 orbs for free and we all will forget that b:laugh
  • chaosregen9
    edited November 2014
    That's okay, just give us three +10 orbs for free and we all will forget that b:laugh

I forget it for orbs that go from 1-15
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    b:laugh Lol , what compensation when 50% can log and only half is affected or something like that?
    Are u on drugs? Think how cool is for those that are on and get compensated ... but seems no one ever thinks at side effects .

And all for the cs that qq cos they can't spend their money .... no worries when server are up u still can pump them in just with a small delay .... PWI will accept your money even then , no reason to qq .

An for those that ... "oh god i am quitting or i am not gonna cs anymore " u know it's just bs and u gonna play or cs again as soon as servers are up for you too . Stop being hypocrites, since u already know that like PWI didn't change over the years u won't change ur behavior either .

RELAX ... servers will come up at 1 point ... ur life is not over yet .
    b:chuckleb:laughb:laugh
  • chaosregen9
    edited November 2014
    b:laugh Lol , what compensation when 50% can log and only half is affected or something like that?
    Are u on drugs? Think how cool is for those that are on and get compensated ... but seems no one ever thinks at side effects .

And all for the cs that qq cos they can't spend their money .... no worries when server are up u still can pump them in just with a small delay .... PWI will accept your money even then , no reason to qq .

An for those that ... "oh god i am quitting or i am not gonna cs anymore " u know it's just bs and u gonna play or cs again as soon as servers are up for you too . Stop being hypocrites, since u already know that like PWI didn't change over the years u won't change ur behavior either .

RELAX ... servers will come up at 1 point ... ur life is not over yet .
    b:chuckleb:laughb:laugh

The servers are down how can they be up dont you look at the posts even ppl on vpn are effected....