Venos are op

2»

Comments

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been able to do FF (full) w/ my veno, but sure the debuff boss is a bit tricky.

Recently did TT 2 alone, w/o buffs or any pots except for crab meat and I did use an alt to get into where Soulripper is. I easily killed Astralwalker but I left the lower boss (Ancient Evil) alone. Everything else > dead.

Only used my evolved Hercules.

Note: When my Venomancer was just level 79, she could farm those worms out in Land of Buried bones, and no refines, just generic gear and her Hercules. She was able to solo FF at 98 (including big room) and again w/o refines and just using her phoenix and Hercules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    I've been able to do FF (full) w/ my veno, but sure the debuff boss is a bit tricky.

Recently did TT 2 alone, w/o buffs or any pots except for crab meat and I did use an alt to get into where Soulripper is. I easily killed Astralwalker but I left the lower boss (Ancient Evil) alone. Everything else > dead.

Only used my evolved Hercules.

Note: When my Venomancer was just level 79, she could farm those worms out in Land of Buried bones, and no refines, just generic gear and her Hercules. She was able to solo FF at 98 (including big room) and again w/o refines and just using her phoenix and Hercules.

Yeah, I forget when I started soloing FF on mine, but it was around 92, with the herc and basic TT90 gear.

If played intelligently, Venos and Mystics can be a pretty deadly force.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you are absolutely right with everything you said, venos are indeed OP...if this game was still about skill.

it takes 1 full STR barb or deity sin to end this discussion within 3 seconds, tho.

Nah I kill any barb that I fight only some I got 50/50 with for the first few rounds and if they don't get a good zerk crit they don't kill me at all. I killed the best geared cata barb on Lost City in 15 seconds with a purge, amp, magic armor break. It took 15 seconds because he paralyzed me first hit then i purged/debuffed and 2 shot him. I have fairly low magic attack compared to most end game casters. I am only 105/103/102.

I think venos are OP if you know how to play one. You can control a fight for far too long before you run out of skills to use then you can just immune till some of them are off cd. However, I believe equal geared the strongest 1v1 class is demon BM. One Paralyze and it can be the end of the fight.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    waa waa waa ... a veno killed me in NW/TW so the class must be OP because I have mad skillz.

My r9 weapon is +12, my armor is all +10, my herc and harpy are evolved and have excellent moods/skills. If I'm so blasted OP why is it so difficult to get invited to a BH Metal squad? (an instance I can solo, btw).

I don't wish to come off as rude, but before you start crying about other classes being OP, learn to play your own class. Period. End of argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To nerf venos wanmei has to remove their tails, they wont be able to use magic anymoreb:laugh

Gear + skill is OP, decent gear + skill is good, anything else is meh.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you are talking about rix, then last time I talked with em, they r a vit build so defiently can squeeze some more defense out of that. If u meant mesi, im not exaxctly sure wht she is, though im leaning toward thinking she is vit as well or atleast a hybrid.

Was speaking of aby. Rixoth is vit stoned, think she sporting with 25kish hp base, no where remotely as tanky as aby though.
    waa waa waa ... a veno killed me in NW/TW so the class must be OP because I have mad skillz.

My r9 weapon is +12, my armor is all +10, my herc and harpy are evolved and have excellent moods/skills. If I'm so blasted OP why is it so difficult to get invited to a BH Metal squad? (an instance I can solo, btw).

I don't wish to come off as rude, but before you start crying about other classes being OP, learn to play your own class. Period. End of argument.

The only issue I had with veno being broken is how their pets glitch.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your face isnt nearly as tanky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is a reason that there is a Veno only faction in Dreamweaver server... IJS b:chuckle
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Because the myriads totally can't do the same. b:chuckle

No, OP, just no.

They don't do the same thing by a longshot. <.<;;

0d means 0d regardless of whatever buffs you have boosting your pdef you will have exactly 0 defense. But with the myriads or even the 180 proc from demon redstone, you'll be vulnerable, but not as much as 0d.

It's a **** skill that wasn't intended for the gear that currently exists. That's why the primal version was changed into a 180 proc, because offensive and defensive stats keep being raised, but this skill ignores all of the boosts to defense and keeps the offense boosts.

If an archer is attacking you in group PvP and a veno 0d's you, there is nothing you can do about it. You will die before you even see the icon.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Because the myriads totally can't do the same. b:chuckle
    I tested myriads after primal passives thoroughly. 100% and pure 0 is a big difference. With myriad you can deal approximately double damage (non crit non amp) while with ironwood you deal x8x9, depending on def and considering that without debuffs arcane antinomy hits like venomous scarab +/-, though it's not magic damage, but it shows the difference.
    just Dark Taboo spam and you probably won't die.
    Dark taboo is melee, EA can jump away ;) It's his direct interest to hit from distance. Yawning near veno letting it dark taboo and purge you would kill anyone b:chuckle

I would actually put venos right up there with sins and barbs in 1v1 power now.
    First of all not all venos are demon. Sage don't have that combo which scares everyone so much. Not every class can be killed with standard combo "lucky scarab-nova-venomous-lucky" unless you outgear your target. Sometimes that miserable 2min cd 20% proc combo is the only chance.
    I killed the best geared cata barb on Lost City in 15 seconds with a purge, amp, magic armor break. It took 15 seconds because he paralyzed me first hit then i purged/debuffed and 2 shot him. I have fairly low magic attack compared to most end game casters. I am only 105/103/102.
    Where was his deaden? With it you have to kill a barb literally 2 times. Then genie... I assume he lagged or was busy with something and distracted and it definitely wasn't 1v1. It's not impossible but 15 sec is kinda instant pounce which could be easily beaten back by apo, def charms and genie, which are not in cd in the very beginning.
    Well, if you drain all resources and supplies in the beginning of the fight, it's not a smart move, but obviously better than dying without trying b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did I say Dark Taboo? I meant Grudge Strike...whatever that skill is that slows attack speed.

Are you saying venos don't rush up to archers in every fight like every other class does?

With demon archers' stun at 3.5s, there is no way an archer can realistically try to fight anyone without having them rush to melee range. In the time of one auto attack after stun (more than 1s) you can probably get in range for Bewitch, then it's all down hill from there. Pile on the stun, the pet stun, purge, chi drain, etc.

If an archer goes immune, it's just a waiting game. Pop out Blazing Barrier, go fox, and what's he going to do? Venos can literally just chase an archer around and see how long the spectacle lasts.

All any class has to do in 1v1 is keep sprinting toward the archer at every opening, because archers don't actually have the burst damage to threaten anyone's health enough in the time it takes to reach an archer unless you're walking. Then it's just half damage with some crappy slow-channeling nukes or no damage taken as the archer is busy moving away.

This is why archers used to always 1v1 in the air. Any other situation they are toast.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited November 2014
    Are you saying venos don't rush up to archers in every fight like every other class does?
    Can't archers jump 20 meters away 2 times at least? And those are instant jumps, while veno needs several seconds to reach archer again and she is under fire all this time. Pet is 1 shot. Don't suggest pdef buff, because 1) if you set both buffs, it means minus 1 stun and less control 2) it can be purged. Even tidal is 50% and you need great luck to get it of maximum lvl.
    In the time of one auto attack after stun (more than 1s) you can probably get in range for Bewitch, then it's all down hill from there. Pile on the stun, the pet stun, purge, chi drain, etc.
    Players can move in bewitch. If they run away, it's not that easy to purge, you will need pet stun, but if it's dead, you have to use bewitch just to resummon it.
    If an archer goes immune, it's just a waiting game. Pop out Blazing Barrier, go fox, and what's he going to do?
    Purge you next hit and continue attacking? b:laugh What can blazing barrier do to immuned archer? Imo, it's a last resource to act so, if you realise nothing else left. Bb is better to use when the target is not immuned, then you can hope for reflect damage at best or that he will stop attacking at least (in case his def is same or lower and bb really threats him).
    Besides you forget that full vit veno won't kill even archer and full magic is squishy and few arrows after purge can be enough.

I'm not saying that archers are unkillable (they are actually one of the most killable classes for the veno), but you sound like they drop dead just when veno appears in sight b:laugh Which is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Are you saying archers don't run/leap? Or do you just sit there letting the veno do whatever it wants to you?

Also who the hell uses grudge stike? The debuff duration is low and the damage sucks unless it's on a 0pdef debuff or a undergeared person who has low pdef or some demon veno needs 20 chi.
    With demon archers' stun at 3.5s, there is no way an archer can realistically try to fight anyone without having them rush to melee range. In the time of one auto attack after stun (more than 1s) you can probably get in range for Bewitch, then it's all down hill from there. Pile on the stun, the pet stun, purge, chi drain, etc.

Stun/freeze veno, kill pet, done. Monkey pdef is low even with buff compared to mdef. It dies from pdamage easily and if the veno got both buffs for the pet then they are missing one of the control skills.
    Alternatively stun pet because you can still run in bewitch. Or you know there's that little anti-stun skill archers have.

Revive/summon takes a while too, keep pressure on the veno and they'll either have no time to resummon or they'll have to waste bewitch/immune/something that lasts just to resummon it.

Oh and lets not forget that getting good inherit/mood for a pet doesn't happen overnight unless you're stupidly lucky.
    All any class has to do in 1v1 is keep sprinting toward the archer at every opening, because archers don't actually have the burst damage to threaten anyone's health enough in the time it takes to reach an archer unless you're walking. Then it's just half damage with some crappy slow-channeling nukes or no damage taken as the archer is busy moving away.

This is why archers used to always 1v1 in the air. Any other situation they are toast.

A lucky purge + qs still hurts a lot and if the fight is self buffed then the threat is bigger because you have the range and ability to leap/run around and keep shooting arrows which will force the veno to use up defensive skills.

I ain't saying archers are good in 1v1 because they are not but you make it sound like the archer is a helpless little kid the moment they see a veno in sight which couldn't be further from truth.

No don't bother replying to me because i won't be reading your post.
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Rapeaxe - Harshlands
    Rapeaxe - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For me, I think there is always a build, if done right, can be utile in PvP against other players not matter what class. What is sad, is the insane, nearly impossible, "I started-playing-when-I-was-15-now-I-am-20-and-finaly-have-1-piece-of-farmed-pvp-armor" approach to this game (or credit card to cut 2 years of farming off. So, the response, is "make 2 new characters that OP to satisfy the new player".
    It is a marketing reality. That is why army of sins, sin alts, and Veno's have been rolled and re-rolled. SO many even ditched their main going this route. Kind of sad because it does over shadow and take the focus of fixing and loving your core game (cough cough, "there are wizards in PWI?").

That said, visually, you can see where PWI has gone down hill. Lets look at what we are doing in PvE: Old PWI, get a good group, use timing, execution, perfect healing, and agro exchange to down bosses.
    Today: "He guys look, I have a pet"...A wild Veno turns the corner while kiting a very obedient Polearm as the pet sits there taking all damage...We all turn the corner...oh...ok....Kill it I guess... It takes the dignity and epicness out of bosses and fights. Makes it feel cheap...but you don't have to look too far to see that it is intentional desing...Any one ever run Phoenix Valley (PV)? The day your mmorpg design turns to: "Let the zerg a hallway, mass up mounds of copy and paste enemies, and use one explosion to farm exp". Is the day the unisntall button should be pressed rapidly to no support this game of game design (because you could be enjoying epic story lines in ***, STO, or enjoying mob variety in any other game (EQ2 has more than enough. Hell, even RIFT and **** have more mob veriety per level to get to the end)....Just look at it as if some one is trying to sell you this game for the first time: "So yeah, what we do now is run down this cave, and pull all this garbage, and explode! WANNA PLAY???"
    Even a Sins animation with apps looks like a ****. In other mmorpgs, if some one walks up, twitchs, and the enemie dies before the animiation finishes and the sounds of "chop chop" is still going...it is a **** and a banable offense...in PWI...It is a skill....LOLLLL
    VENO updates and Sins were the developpers response to this madness. But it makes sense, the only other way to patch this sinking game up was to tweak HP, and EXP rates to bring this game to normal functioning status, but then people won't get gamblers addiction and pay to have one up over their fellow man, so as long as those credit cards slide, the brokenness of the game remains, a kind of logical paradox as you would think cash = updates nad fixes and improvements, but as the saying in this business goes "if its broke and bringing in cash, don't fix it" (more proof of that, being huge population dive forced them to bust out the OP Character updates).
    And ohhh hooo hooo it is not over. I already have the skill list for when the PW2 update comes out (NIghtshade and Moon Fairy classes).... Prepare yourself for trollout out scyth freezes and stuns. My question is, I already saw a badge on the market that "avoids all stuns", pretty sure you can kiss that goodye when this class come sout. To all you barbs, grab your level 79 immune stun books now before that class pushes the price past 16mil.
    Moon Fairies are elemental glass cannons, They will be like lolipops, the design team is now going from "OP" to "Lets have alts since we know we can"t ban more than one multibox (this game is run by at least 10 players per server with 50 ALTS on their mutli boxes....joke...but long from the truth.
    So, these moon fairies will have you creating a pure fire based, then frost, then water... CHA CHING! All to be recycled in the same lands we have been dabbeling in since 1995, with the same broken quest systems and "level 80" mob that needs a level 100 or higher to kill it...or a level 80 sin (the Sin seems to be an attempt to get content difficulty back to its proper level requirement...but flopped).
    All this broken half assed horrible mmorpg design... Why am I hear again? OH YEAH sometimes it ACTUALLY is a 16 year girl behind that avatar IRL that talks to me on SKYPE! WOOT! BRB, gotta see if servers are actually working now....b:dirtyb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think Quilue knows he can jump twice, but for this case of demon venos who are very fast, is almost futile to run (or jump). There is no way an archer can keep enough distance to not be in melee mode. If any archer tried to keep running, then they would be like Bigsnipez. Just running and running all the time.
  • deadli
    deadli Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i saw this post and LOLd so had to make a comment. veno's are not OP at endgame.
    anything R9+10 or higher will 1shot even a monkey pet
    Venos need to be lucky with debuffs/crits/spike damage to kill someone with endgame gear even with a +12 r9++ pataka.
    so just cus you get wrecked as a melee by bramble hood cus your undergeared it does not make venos OP lol
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Something people might not know about the leaps is that they aren't actually "instant". There is a casting animation delay during which you can take no action and can't move. The effective speed of an archer leap I've measured at around 11m/s. That's slower than holy path and many other speed skills. There is an additional delay if the ground is even slightly uneven where you have to wait to fall to the ground before taking actions. If you leap while immobilized you are probably going to be magically levitated a few inches up in the air unable to take actions for the remaining duration of the immobilization.

These problems are OK in TW since you can still jump backwards behind the front line to relative safety. In 1v1 scenarios it makes leaps not very useful at all. The concept of keeping an opponent out of melee range just doesn't work in this game anymore thanks to teleport spam, new uber stuns, and purify spell. The devs should remove the melee damage nerf archers have since that is a limitation from 2008 that doesn't make sense in 2014.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited November 2014
    Can't archers jump 20 meters away 2 times at least? And those are instant jumps, while veno needs several seconds to reach archer again and she is under fire all this time. Pet is 1 shot. Don't suggest pdef buff, because 1) if you set both buffs, it means minus 1 stun and less control 2) it can be purged. Even tidal is 50% and you need great luck to get it of maximum lvl.

I did point out the immunity/cant target skill on pets is broken currently. I have personally seen it up for 3mins straight. So no, you cant kill it. Of course, I may have just been unrealistically unlucky to test the pet every time it had just used the skill but I doubt it.

As for leaps, they have been discussed already. They really do nothing against veno other than allow you to jump out of range penalty momentarily. For example Aim low --> jump --> Veno cant instantly follow you back to melee range. But using leaps for even that is simply risky for the chance of getting airlocked. Long term veno will outpace you and kiting them is more or less impossible.
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Venos are easily counterable if you stun them, even if they have you sealed you can use occult ice. Problem is after purge they will do about 10x more damage especially if they have equal or better gear(which is always the case for me and the venos I fight).

Luckily as a str barb even +12 all and josd venos are a 2 shot unless they have good buffs, like spirit, nw pot, etc. even then they are scared of me and have a hard time killing without friends. Every countermeasure in the game is moot once 2 or more people attack you, you cannot predict them both and you cannot do a thing. That is why venos are so good, one person to help them and you are surely dead.

If you have so much trouble with venos get a wood immunity genie skill and then they are easily countered, but as I pointed out, they almost always have an ally around who will make full use of your non buffed **** and send you down the toilet. I may not have any end shards or even +10 ornaments but with friendlys on my side I may aswell be the best barb in the game. So are venos op? sure, join them and have fun one shotting full josd arcanes after they get purged b:victory
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited November 2014
    I did point out the immunity/cant target skill on pets is broken currently. I have personally seen it up for 3mins straight. So no, you cant kill it. Of course, I may have just been unrealistically unlucky to test the pet every time it had just used the skill but I doubt it.
    Tell me what to do to achieve that permanent immunity b:surrender Mine works exactly as described - 7 sec. What am I doing wrong? b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited November 2014
    Tell me what to do to achieve that permanent immunity b:surrender Mine works exactly as described - 7 sec. What am I doing wrong? b:embarrass

I dont know how its done, all I know its done and I am not the only one who has noticed it as when I commented on it a friend said "Yea, they do that sht on me all the time". I could click on pet, I could try to cast things on it(Melee skills, metal skills, auto-attacks) nothing landed on the pet though. And I am sure I did try for longer than 7s during one attempt before swapping back to veno and "accepting" constant pet stuns.
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Purge you next hit and continue attacking? b:laugh What can blazing barrier do to immuned archer? Imo, it's a last resource to act so, if you realise nothing else left. Bb is better to use when the target is not immuned, then you can hope for reflect damage at best or that he will stop attacking at least (in case his def is same or lower and bb really threats him).
    Besides you forget that full vit veno won't kill even archer and full magic is squishy and few arrows after purge can be enough.

I'm not saying that archers are unkillable (they are actually one of the most killable classes for the veno), but you sound like they drop dead just when veno appears in sight b:laugh Which is wrong.
    BB is actually great to use when gong for a kill since it's added dps if they keep attacking and it makes it safe to go into human form. And do you mean a few arrows after purge can kill a veno? Fox form can't be purged, only summer sprint, and if it's a fully buffed fight between archer or veno in general is pretty dumb. And venos have feral for whatever that immunity argument was but i didn't see the original post of it so idk if that applies.

Venos have the edge vs archers, but that's not because venos are op, archers are just bad in almost every 1v1 matchup. And that's fine too, because they're really good in group fights and the game seems to be pretty much balanced around group pvp anyway. I think demon ironwood should be reworked into a 180 proc like the primal version, and pets should get a durability buff at end game to compensate, but that's just my opinion.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes sins are obviously highly op in every inexplicable way. Anyone that says differently is lying.
    I have to say that a class that is pretty close to being as op as a sin are venos.

Those fur balls are a menace

Facts:
    Monkey King- ridiculously op. I mean this **** is like another player. Tanky, variety of stuns, attacks, and debuffs. A pet should not have a ranged stun...

venos defence- in fox form venos are basically the tankiest casters.

Veno debuffs- ridiculously op debuffs. They already have purge so why do demon venos have a 0def proc? Doesn't matter what your gear is u become a 1shot under 0def.

Either vast chi supply or uncomparable speed. (Sage/demon)

I also don't think people really realize that venos have a very high damage output probably the second highest out of the casters.

Not really, while I do agree that a veno is a good controller/debuffer class and that can be really lethal on the right hands, thats not really OP.
    For me OP is something that you press a button and win, and venos are not really the more easiest class to play (not saying that are overly difficult, but not that easy)

About your facts:
    Monkey King- ridiculously op. I mean this **** is like another player. Tanky, variety of stuns, attacks, and debuffs. A pet should not have a ranged stun...

partially agree, but only if you are undergeared or low refined. Also keep in mind that the monkey is cash shop pet so not all venos have it. I have seen seeker and sins one shot that pet.
    Veno debuffs- ridiculously op debuffs. They already have purge so why do demon venos have a 0def proc? Doesn't matter what your gear is u become a 1shot under 0def.
    Veno is a debuffer, so basically thats like saying that a cleric is a OP healer or a sin / archer/ wizard is a op Damage dealer.
    And the 0 Def proc is just as you said: a proc and on demon class only.
    Either vast chi supply or uncomparable speed. (Sage/demon)
    Thats true
    I also don't think people really realize that venos have a very high damage output probably the second highest out of the casters.

You are wrong there, maybe you were purged and amplified by veno and then killed.
    Veno is actually the class with lower damage output among casters.

Is not about the class, is more about how near end game is that class gear and of course how skilled the player is, however the last one is only true if both players have similar gear. Because if, lets say a player with tt80 is trying to pk a rrr9+12 full JOSD/Nuema/meridian blablabla everyone knows how thats going to end...

I dont know how its done, all I know its done and I am not the only one who has noticed it as when I commented on it a friend said "Yea, they do that sht on me all the time". I could click on pet, I could try to cast things on it(Melee skills, metal skills, auto-attacks) nothing landed on the pet though. And I am sure I did try for longer than 7s during one attempt before swapping back to veno and "accepting" constant pet stuns.

maybe is that glitch when venos change instance with the pet summoned, However if thats the case the pet can not attack you and you cannot attak it either, but here is the trick: if you aoe on someone else near the pet, said pet should die...

And about the veno you were talking on previous post, yeah I've seen her but thats a freaking JOSD End Game veno... b:shocked

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The point of Blazing Barrier is to protect yourself...What is one reason people use immunity? To be able to go for a kill without retaliation. Blazing Barrier costs all of 30 chi and grants 30% reduction. Along with going Fox, there is no way an archer can try for a quick kill that way even if 3 spark. It's forcing people to waste resources.

I use WoG for the reduction even against classes that don't stun, and that costs a spark.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited November 2014
    Didn't happen to me. I assume glitch or fear sees danger everywhere.
    BB is actually great to use when gong for a kill since it's added dps if they keep attacking and it makes it safe to go into human form.
    Ummm... it's not safe. Safer than without bb, for sure, but not completely safe. 30% of reduction can be purged right away. Or veno also can die with bb. Don't confuse it with immunity.
    And do you mean a few arrows after purge can kill a veno?
    Yes, I mean that. Let's imagine real picture: serious pvp player nowdays has +12 r9rr weap, but +10 armour averagely sharded. Still not many can afford josds. Vit gems are more available, but most ppl just keep 8-9lvl shards while farming cards or something else. Full magic veno has about 13-14k hp (+10), 10-15k pdef (depends on orns) and 50-60 def lvl. Yes, it can be killed by few arrows. Assuming that EA is equipped equally, it can also die to 3-4 veno's hits, but it doesn't cancel the fact that purged veno is vulnerable. A matter of luck.
    Fox form can't be purged, only summer sprint,
    Foxform also doesn't give full immunity.
    Venos have the edge vs archers,
    I would 100% agree if EA's didn't have purge bows. Without purge a veno can spam bramble hood, dew of herbs, bb and be nearly invincible for an ea for the long time. Purge granted ea certain boost. Now it's much more risky to use non immune apo or skills. If you are purged right away or soon, you waste chi and apo.
    The point of Blazing Barrier is to protect yourself...What is one reason people use immunity? To be able to go for a kill without retaliation. Blazing Barrier costs all of 30 chi and grants 30% reduction.
    Correct. Bb is not immunity b:chuckle
    We used, we use and we will use, but it's not full immunity.

Along with going Fox, there is no way an archer can try for a quick kill that way even if 3 spark.
    3spark doubles your damage (approximately). If you crit (and ea mostly crit), it's x4 of normal basic damage.
    Besides veno should leave foxform to deal damage, unlike mages or clerics.

In general I consider archers to be favourable target for veno, but not that helpless meat as you describe especially with some luck and quickness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Venos are OP, we can switch easily between solo PvP and group support if you know what you're doing. Purge bots make me sad..

Also just pointing out it's easy to avoid a lot of stuns as a veno...

Purged venos can be killed in a few hits, that's why you have to use your wits to save your immunizes (feral, AD, any pots etc.) for those moments and counter.

I'm not the best at explaining versus just doing though.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • undeafeated
    undeafeated Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I dont think venos are that op...
    Firstly i know alot of venos are VERY good at the class...but i mean as soon as u get past there combo they are kinda of in the spotlight then. Think about it u do ur combo which of course i most of the time a surekill combo and u follow up with Reflect dmg skill and AD skill that venos have idk the name xDDD and thats it. But after that they have to kite so there skills CD and occasionally spam there skills to get u at low hp.
    My point is that combo can be over ruled easily Nullify poison<---And if u dont have that Faith when they do the HF skill/Amplify. Although u would be dead as soon as u do it most of the time thats it...
    I know this becuase i have fought alot of venos in the past Good/Bad and well i found a common
    thing venos doo soo its relatively easy to kill them after BUT of course def wep/Vit/Mag are VEy hard they cant do much becuase of it.
    Anyway just throwing my thoughts to it so i guess the only op Class is None really its how u use it that makes it op. :D
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I dont think venos are that op...
    Firstly i know alot of venos are VERY good at the class...but i mean as soon as u get past there combo they are kinda of in the spotlight then. Think about it u do ur combo which of course i most of the time a surekill combo and u follow up with Reflect dmg skill and AD skill that venos have idk the name xDDD and thats it. But after that they have to kite so there skills CD and occasionally spam there skills to get u at low hp.
    My point is that combo can be over ruled easily Nullify poison<---And if u dont have that Faith when they do the HF skill/Amplify. Although u would be dead as soon as u do it most of the time thats it...
    I know this becuase i have fought alot of venos in the past Good/Bad and well i found a common
    thing venos doo soo its relatively easy to kill them after BUT of course def wep/Vit/Mag are VEy hard they cant do much becuase of it.
    Anyway just throwing my thoughts to it so i guess the only op Class is None really its how u use it that makes it op. :D

If you don't nullify poison the redstone skill the arcane antinomy isn't wood damage and will still hit.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.