Options

Comments

• Ssaassaa - Lost City
    Ssaassaa - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lost City is a special case .

On LC is a big merchanter named Kyrill.

Every few weeks he sells great amounts of gold till ah is empty or 100 coins for 1 gold.
    When some try to raise gold price ridiculus high he sells so much gold till they give up and then sells more cheaper gold to all other till price goes back between 2,3m and 2,8m.

It helps to keep prices normal on LC.

2 weeks ago a sin world chatted to check his inventory when he was afk at a banker.

Some saw in his inventory 15600 big notes, over 30000 dragon fire packs, over 15000 other packs, 10 12* orbs, 25 11*orb, 100 10* orb, counless other orbs ......

I guess he has way over 200 billion in coins, 20000+ gold.
  • Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Every few weeks he sells great amounts of gold till ah is empty or 100 coins for 1 gold.
    When some try to raise gold price ridiculus high he sells so much gold till they give up and then sells more cheaper gold to all other till price goes back between 2,3m and 2,8m.

2 weeks ago a sin world chatted to check his inventory when he was afk at a banker.

Some saw in his inventory 15600 big notes, over 30000 dragon fire packs, over 15000 other packs, 10 12* orbs, 25 11*orb, 100 10* orb, counless other orbs ......

If you can zen that much and still sleep soundly at night... go for it.
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am not sure if it is affecting PvP servers (because they have a stable economy for now), but after my 10 months break I found RT's population decimated, ludicrous prices and AH pretty much empty. Even my guild leader left, and he was a huge fan of PWI...

Your signature is getting worse Jadsiab:laugh

This just might have something to do with a lack of of 2x to 9x player base and the economy that went with them when they vanished. The game got waaaaaaay to top heavy and this is the result. Can't blame all the botters on this one because this issue started long before botting was part of the game.

Oh and my signature is attracting a fan base.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Everything's good in Lost City b:victory
    http://s29.postimg.org/vjafnn0tz/2014_10_15_16_13_22.png

just checked....IT'S TWUE!! IT'S TWUE!!!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    if we could buy cross server gold... sanctuary would empty all servers of their AH gold >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Kyrill is love. Kyrill is life. All hail Kyrill.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options

He is a merchant god to us meager peasants.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So let me get this straight. LC doesn't have gold price problems because 1 person can manipulate the market to their whims? Luckily he's a saint not a devil.

Thanks for finally being truthful about the whole "99 problems but bots ain't 1".
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why would he be selling gold to all the people who listed if he's a merchant lol? Merchants buy gold from AH, not sell. Unless the gold they bought was a lot cheaper than what it's selling at, in which case he wouldn't be emptying the buying section.

Bots are the reason ofcourse that PVE servers are capped, Sure pvp server will be capped someday too, the same rate at which the pve servers would have capped if botting never existed. You have to look back to pre botting gold prices per server for an accurate rate, in which every server was fairly consistent in prices related to bh inflation.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    morai has 1000 gold in buy @ cap

and 0 gold to sell, someone has to stop this

back in past GMs used to put stacks of gold in auction to control gold price,

what is happening now is totally out of control
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options
    morai has 1000 gold in buy @ cap

and 0 gold to sell, someone has to stop this

back in past GMs used to put stacks of gold in auction to control gold price,

what is happening now is totally out of control

Prove that.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

that does not even make sense. without him the goldprice would be even lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options
    that does not even make sense. without him the goldprice would be even lower.

If he is consistently selling gold cheaper than everyone else, thereby taking a loss. He can keep prices cheap.

If gold is consistent at 2.7m... someone comes along and loads 1000g at 2.4m, price drops. Some people will also sell at a price match to get it sold quicker.

What he is probably weeding out are gold traders. They buy lower, buy a lot then sell the same gold at a mark up. Someone recently posted a guide to do so on LC to jack gold prices. Someone with a sht ton of gold can end that by putting 1000 gold for at a lower price than the gold trrader is selling for.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If he is consistently selling gold cheaper than everyone else, thereby taking a loss. He can keep prices cheap.

If gold is consistent at 2.7m... someone comes along and loads 1000g at 2.4m, price drops. Some people will also sell at a price match to get it sold quicker.

What he is probably weeding out are gold traders. They buy lower, buy a lot then sell the same gold at a mark up. Someone recently posted a guide to do so on LC to jack gold prices. Someone with a sht ton of gold can end that by putting 1000 gold for at a lower price than the gold trrader is selling for.

and where does HE get his gold from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options

Bill Gates?!? b:chuckle
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options

Sometimes it's necessary to do this to keep the gold prices stable. What happens is that when someone like me comes along during a spend promo and places a bid for a large amount of gold, say 60+ at 2.7 mil, some gold dealer would try to run up the price by shill bidding for 1 to 3 golds for 100 coin higher than the previous bid. They know others who aren't patient enough to let cut throat gold buyers like me get my gold so they bid above the shill bidders thus running up the price.

Other people who see this knows that running up the price with shill bidding will destabilize the market so they actually start shill selling the gold by doing the exact opposite. Selling 1 to 3 golds for a bit less than the lowest buy price. I did this when I was making those large bids to buy gold. I took 3 gold and listed them lower than the others within the AH listing fee and forced other gold sellers who weren't patient to list their gold for sale less than me. It actually helped keep the price of gold on LC under 3 mil during the last spend promo.

Here is a screenshot of my AH listing when I was shill selling those 3 golds:

http://imgur.com/5TiUnk7

It worked. One fun thing I was doing with the shill bidders on the sell side was placing bids for medium to large orders of gold for 100K or more above the highest price and watching some shill bidder place a bid for 1 gold 100 coin above mine then I would withdraw the bid. Sure I lost the AH fees but they sure look stupid buying 1 gold 100K or more above the next highest price. LOL

The best way to deal with shill bidders is to never bid over their 1 or 3 gold bids. Always bid under. Usually someone who needs to sell gold for coin for whatever will be selling more than 1 to 3 gold and wipe the shill bidder off and start selling to the next highest bidder buying gold legitimately. Or if you're like me and have bids for a large amount of gold like 60+ and some shill bidding gold dealer bids on 1 gold or so a tad higher than me I would buy some gold at the lowest buy price then turn around and sell it to the shill bidder to wipe them off the listing. I lose a little coin doing that but it's necessary to keep them in check. Besides I know those shill bidders are losing coin too. That's why they only shill bid on 1 to 3 golds.

• hiitsmeguys
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sometimes it's necessary to do this to keep the gold prices stable. What happens is that when someone like me comes along during a spend promo and places a bid for a large amount of gold, say 60+ at 2.7 mil, some gold dealer would try to run up the price by shill bidding for 1 to 3 golds for 100 coin higher than the previous bid. They know others who aren't patient enough to let cut throat gold buyers like me get my gold so they bid above the shill bidders thus running up the price.

Other people who see this knows that running up the price with shill bidding will destabilize the market so they actually start shill selling the gold by doing the exact opposite. Selling 1 to 3 golds for a bit less than the lowest buy price. I did this when I was making those large bids to buy gold. I took 3 gold and listed them lower than the others within the AH listing fee and forced other gold sellers who weren't patient to list their gold for sale less than me. It actually helped keep the price of gold on LC under 3 mil during the last spend promo.

Here is a screenshot of my AH listing when I was shill selling those 3 golds:

http://imgur.com/5TiUnk7

It worked. One fun thing I was doing with the shill bidders on the sell side was placing bids for medium to large orders of gold for 100K or more above the highest price and watching some shill bidder place a bid for 1 gold 100 coin above mine then I would withdraw the bid. Sure I lost the AH fees but they sure look stupid buying 1 gold 100K or more above the next highest price. LOL

The best way to deal with shill bidders is to never bid over their 1 or 3 gold bids. Always bid under. Usually someone who needs to sell gold for coin for whatever will be selling more than 1 to 3 gold and wipe the shill bidder off and start selling to the next highest bidder buying gold legitimately. Or if you're like me and have bids for a large amount of gold like 60+ and some shill bidding gold dealer bids on 1 gold or so a tad higher than me I would buy some gold at the lowest buy price then turn around and sell it to the shill bidder to wipe them off the listing. I lose a little coin doing that but it's necessary to keep them in check. Besides I know those shill bidders are losing coin too. That's why they only shill bid on 1 to 3 golds.

OK, if you says so.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OK, if you says so.

It's what I did so yeah. Between my veno and my catshop I moved around 1.5 billion coins through the AH to buy gold to make and sell GSTs in those 4 days. I was just one small potato of many. Not bad for a free to play player starting with just 120 million coin.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    as a merchant i feel....

http://i.imgur.com/BiyotCl.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    as a merchant i feel....

http://i.imgur.com/BiyotCl.jpg

Something really needs to be addressed on your PvE servers. There needs to be a much better way to make a massive coin sink to raise the value of it. Maybe a daily or weekly raffle for big ticket rare items. I was thinking of making Duke Blacke raffle off something random every week like a scroll of tome or JSOD with a 20 million coin buy in and maybe a S card pack daily for 5 mil each raffle.

Raising the cold cap does nothing for creating a coin sink just would only cause massive inflation and earning time limits and no 2x drops during 2x events isn't having much of an effect.

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I always found it funny that people claimed making 10m+ coins a day was possible. It probably is - but on a good day I'll make 2m coins. The rest of the time I loose coins due to the repairs caused by PvP and PV.

Lots of people say bot - but you can't really bot on Lost City. There is always someone who makes a round of all the PvE botting-spots to regenerate the infamy hours they lost doing PV themselves. So perhaps the coin generation rate on Lost City is lower?

It also occurred to me that a lot of people are trying to NW upgrade their gear for the intense server-wide guild wars. With very little opportunity to earn coins in safe-zone without babysitting your bot I suppose people have opted to charge gold to sell on the auction house.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I always found it funny that people claimed making 10m+ coins a day was possible. It probably is - but on a good day I'll make 2m coins. The rest of the time I loose coins due to the repairs caused by PvP and PV.

Lots of people say bot - but you can't really bot on Lost City. There is always someone who makes a round of all the PvE botting-spots to regenerate the infamy hours they lost doing PV themselves. So perhaps the coin generation rate on Lost City is lower?

It also occurred to me that a lot of people are trying to NW upgrade their gear for the intense server-wide guild wars. With very little opportunity to earn coins in safe-zone without babysitting your bot I suppose people have opted to charge gold to sell on the auction house.

I can easily make 10 mil a day on my veno. I do 8 mil a day with FS and the cube. LC desperately needs people to farm mats from TT as well. People are always looking for and complaining about not having enough TT mats available. I bot 7 hours every day and surprisingly very few people really ever pay attention to me even as much of an *ss I am on the forum. Where I bot 4 or 5 more can bot just the same considering how fast the mobs respawn. I have my area selected to 40 meters. But botting should now be considered a last resort because 80+ DQ is soon to be worthless.

Someone is always needing something so you just have to find out what it is and how to get it to them.

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Someone is always needing something so you just have to find out what it is and how to get it to them.

Can someone manage my inventories? I will pay 10m a month b:cute. Just need to tell me what is in my inv on which character. You only have to sort through 64 inventories b:victory.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Can someone manage my inventories? I will pay 10m a month b:cute. Just need to tell me what is in my inv on which character. You only have to sort through 64 inventories b:victory.

Make it 10m/hour. Your invo is horrible.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    He is a merchant god to us meager peasants.

Amen.
    So let me get this straight. LC doesn't have gold price problems because 1 person can manipulate the market to their whims? Luckily he's a saint not a devil.

Thanks for finally being truthful about the whole "99 problems but bots ain't 1".

We do have......another person on LC that wishes to drive gold prices to 4mil+ and destroy the merchanting market, but we don't speak it's name.

His sales. Kyrill is a merchanting alt of whom no one knows the main. He buys/sells Dragon Orbs, MOGs, GSTs, packs, etc usually at the lowest price. The man makes a LOT of money this way and just unloads like half of it back into the AH at lower prices to keep the market steady.
  • hiitsmeguys
    edited October 2014
    Options
    His sales. Kyrill is a merchanting alt of whom no one knows the main. He buys/sells Dragon Orbs, MOGs, GSTs, packs, etc usually at the lowest price. The man makes a LOT of money this way and just unloads like half of it back into the AH at lower prices to keep the market steady.

It's hilarious that people believe this. The reason gold is steady (aka steadily rising at the rate every server was before botting) is the fact that pvp servers didn't succumb to the amount of botting pve servers did. It's simple, it's basic, it's real. I know who Kyrill is, and it's not his goal to keep gold at a price non cashers don't like lmao.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

This makes no sense at all. How can he keep the gold price low this way? He sell his stuff cheap, gets coins and then needs a ****load of gold to restock. That would drive gold prices up not down.

People should use their brain more often.
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    This makes no sense at all. How can he keep the gold price low this way? He sell his stuff cheap, gets coins and then needs a ****load of gold to restock. That would drive gold prices up not down.

People should use their brain more often.

He isn't restocking by buying gold to buy the items from the boutique, he is buying items from the players and then sells them at a profit. He doesn't have to restock by buying gold this way, at the very least I know I've been bought out this way by him several times while selling particular items.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited October 2014
    Options
    right and those players charge gold to sell their items for a loss to kyrill, right? whats next? an army of unicorns keeping the goldprice stable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    right and those players charge gold to sell their items for a loss to kyrill, right?

I'm sorry, do people not gamble on packs on your server 0_o? Idk how it is on Momaganon but a lot of people buy packs and selling items at a loss (compared to price they spent on packs) on lost city for whatever reason and have been doing so for about 5 years now or so.
    Call me Demans